Dramacow Coraline Ada Ehmke / Corey Dale Ehmke - tl;dr Rules for thee but not for me

Eli Whitney

Inventor of the cotton gin!
kiwifarms.net
I'm surprised it took this long for this motherfucker to have a thread here. I actually thought about creating one shortly after the OpalGate thing or perhaps during the other ruby thing but didn't know if it would have mass appeal to the audience here. I actually remember reading @GethN7 's article back then.

I hadn't heard much from this one for some time, so I assumed landing a gig over at github maybe kept Coraline busy enough so that there wasn't as much time to spend on the little hobby of what essentially amounts to extorting open source projects in an attempt to gain power, notoriety and internet fame. I'm actually not entirely surprised by this departure from Github though. I really didn't think it would last. I think money is tightening up over there, and they are probably in a position where they need people who can actually produce results. A quick look at Cory's resume suggests that he hasn't been able to hold down a job for more than a year for a long fucking time, and I suspect there is probably a reason for that. Granted, people in tech tend to hop around quite a bit, as the industry is quite dynamic, but still, this looks more like the resume of an H1B contractor moving from one 12 month assignment to the next. I imagine being a middle-aged, remarkably unfortunate looking tranny along with clear warning signs of mental instability can be a bit of an uphill battle while on the job hunt, however I know first hand that employers in this industry are willing to put up with an unimaginable amount of shit if you are consistently even moderately productive. In fact, I don't know of any industry outside of underground adult nightlife or professional sex work that is as accepting and welcoming of trans women.

Sissy Galvez

kiwifarms.net
Only code of conduct anyone even needs: Don't be a dick.
This code of conduct bullshit is used to witch hunt people that don't bow down to the latest whims of crazy people. Cora, whatever his name is, has used the CoC to have people banned from projects and events over twitter/facebook posts not even related to either. He's a real piece of shit trying to police the tech industry based on his views.

We've gotten along fine for so many years with meritocracy but that upsets the trannies with no skill like Cora. So they use the CoC to get rid of pesky people that criticize their garbage and participation in these projects.

AnOminous

I'm not mad at anyone, honest.
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
We've gotten along fine for so many years with meritocracy but that upsets the trannies with no skill like Cora. So they use the CoC to get rid of pesky people that criticize their garbage and participation in these projects.
This is really what it's all about. Worthless parasites attaching themselves to something that is actually doing something, then killing it like a cancer.

The open source community needs some serious chemo.

PhantomDiploma

kiwifarms.net
upload_2017-5-31_19-14-23.png

More info: Feminists Attack Black Male Physicist as ‘Misogynist’ After Keynote at Developer Conference

So Coraline Ada participated in some hate campaign against a liberal black man because letting him speak is anti-diversity.

As expected, they could not actually find anything from him that was radical or even deviant from general consensus and it is pretty clear anything they did put together was assembled after they made him a target.

It's similar to OpalGate, where it appears Coraline was motivated because her friend was involved in some Twitter slapfight rather than a perceived grievance.
Of course, this guy who was the voice of God during OpalGate later retweeted comments calling for people to 'punch Milo' during the Berkeley riots:
upload_2017-5-31_19-56-32.png

Whoops, wrong image. Here we go:
upload_2017-5-31_19-52-27.png

Speaking of which, I was wondering whether her separation from GitHub would be a learning experience for Coraline:
upload_2017-5-31_19-59-49.png

The consistent narrative she pushes when dismissing OpalGate is that the world is expected to take her selective retelling of the events at face value, or as she apparently still has the balls to call it, "the whole story".
To be fair, she did a self-assessment and was able to acknowledge this some action points for her to work on. Her "two regrets" was that she opened the issue with an "inflammatory title" and, literally, "the behavior of those who responded to the issue".
OpalGate is relevant to another part of her tweet: "doesn't code". In her response to OpalGate she demonstrated that she is unwilling to incorporate and evolve from past experiences. This is actually really fucking important in programming and can break a promising career. If a programmer fucks something up and it goes into production, the question at that point is not just the scale of the fuckup but the question of whether the programmer can learn from this and grow from the experience. Often in these royal fuckups there will be some diffusion of responsibility, since there was probably shoddy or absent documentation in ground zero of the fuckup, confusing code left by years of quick fixes, etc. In short, there is plenty of blame to go around.

At this point, the programmer will go one of two routes:

The programmer will either own the mistake and focus on changes made from his or her own initiative to prevent similar mistakes in the future or make a nonapology like Coraline did, even in the face of clear breakdowns of process or testing on his/her own behalf. Coraline could have mentioned that she was being overaggressive by demanding Opal and Elia donate to some charity for what he said, for instance.

If a programmer goes the latter route, it's a huge warning sign. It shows that this person is unwilling to learn and adapt, which is really fucking important in technology. And, as GitHub discovered, it's a sign that given they will make similar fuckups in the future.

PhantomDiploma

kiwifarms.net
I wonder how the job hunt is going.
She claims to have "multiple job offers coming next week".
upload_2017-6-3_15-0-23.png

The first point that she "left GitHub" gives the false, and I suspect intentional, impression that she was not fired. I say this because she also attempted to mislead people when she first began her job search:
upload_2017-6-3_16-5-22.png

While she was not obligated to acknowledge her severance from GitHub, she could have just as easily tried to get her new job by actually applying to positions like a normal person. Apparently she thought she could use her SJW backchannels and maybe try to craft the narrative that she was not actually fired from GitHub, an attempt of sorts to have her cake and eat it too. In this case, having the cake is getting a position she is unqualified for through some admirer of her social justice views and eating it would be never having to acknowledge this self-professed "code witch" did not do her job well and got fired. It's quite wormy for someone who just cares so much about everyone getting their fair chance in STEM.

The second point I actually could see coming through, even though I would not before I started visiting this forum.

In the RemembrancerBex thread, despite the subject badmouthing the absurdly progressive California-area company Riot Games and initially trying to cover up her dismissal with claims of having an abnormal pap smear (later deleted), Rebecca was hired by 20th Century Fox as a film archivist. I actually ran a script on her twitter and found that Rebecca was producing tweets at the rate of 3/waking hour while working at Riot, with a healthy chunk of these on company time:

It bears repeating that she was writing tweets at a rate of about 3 Tweets/hr during waking hours (this does not include retweets):

> Victim
As an aside, many of these tweets were attacks on gaming demographics and even unnamed colleagues at Riot (she attacked unnamed Fox employees too when she first worked there).
There was also circumstantial evidence that she was not good at her job, someone in the thread mentions that she was transferred from a position archiving gaming streams or some other high-demand data which would require deliverables and deadlines be met to a position documenting old video games, and she was fired a while afterwards. Rebecca then tried to claim that she was fired (sometimes she tried to frame it as a voluntary departure) from Riot due to sexism, racism (Rebecca is a white woman adopted by Hispanic parents), and transphobia (I can't do this justice in the scope of this thread).

So the important point here is that Rebecca was not someone that you would want to hire because she is lazy and toxic. This would come out if they bothered to call Riot, the company she had worked for several years before Fox took her on.

Obviously they did not bother to contact her former Riot supervisors and colleagues or even to Google her name.

This means that they did not run any evaluation on her that was directly related to her ability to do the job. It cannot even be described as a situation where the employer wanted one "oppressed minority", Rebecca has committed every professional sin in the book from doing jack shit at her job to badmouthing her former employer. This is fucking California and it's an entry-level position in the film industry, you can wallpaper a room with the applications you'd get for an opening like that. There are going to be actual Hispanic trans women in that group who have been earning their salt in film archival work, rather than slacking when they should be doing game archival work, and who are probably underemployed and would be grateful to do this full-time rather than live-tweeting their workday like a jackoff and, to top it off, do not have this kind of baggage. So this was not that Beck's resume was shifted toward the top of the pile and she got an internal recommendation, it's that there was no process beyond "hire this person". Someone got a call, Rebecca's resume was picked out, and all the others went to the shredder.

So there apparently are these back-channels for these SJW types, even in publicly traded companies like 20th Century Fox, that can be used to absolutely short-circuit any semblance of normal hiring procedure and insure that they will get a certain job with absolute certainty and that no other candidates will be considered.

Last edited:

Eli Whitney

kiwifarms.net
Speaking of "back channels" does anyone have such a channel to find out the actual circumstances of Coraline's departure? We can speculate, and I imagine we would probably be correct, but I would love to know the actual facts.

Splendid

Castigat ridendo mores
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Speaking of "back channels" does anyone have such a channel to find out the actual circumstances of Coraline's departure? We can speculate, and I imagine we would probably be correct, but I would love to know the actual facts.
Probably not. By definition, KF members aren't plugged into that sort of thing.

kokozavro

kiwifarms.net
That's useless - if anyone came up with such details, how would you possibly validate that?

Marvin

Christorical Figure
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I made a post awhile ago about this sort of thing in the news subforum. The SJWs are setting their sights on the tech world, because it's an extremely valuable target. I don't think they'll succeed though.

While Silicon Valley is pretty liberal, computer science is fundamentally an empirical discipline. It's like all of the other hard sciences, like biology and engineering.

But computer nerds are even more in love with the scientific method than those, because the write-test-update loop is faster with computers. If you're designing a bridge or testing some new alloy of steel, you still need to build samples and test them and that probably takes awhile. You might need to have a steelworker pour some molds and then set up appointments with testing facilities and things like that. With computers, you can test theories in minutes. You can fuck with remote security systems, just to test their reliability (testing a theory, essentially), from your bedroom. You can download someone else's published experiments, run them on your computer and bitch about discrepancies on their initial post, in a matter of hours.

Imagine if you could go into a career in medicine that way. Backyard medical research? We'd have AIDS cured in weeks if that was possible.

This power is intoxicating to nerds. And we throw barrels of cash at these nerds. (For good reasons, of course.) They're not going to give up this power easily. So if some goober comes along telling them they're being shitlords, but they have no credibility nor accomplishments to their names, no one's going to give a shit. At most, some big corporation might give them a nonsense job in a corner of the building to shut up the public.

Like if what's-her-face, freebsdgirl actually contributed something useful to freebsd, I'd give her some props. But she hasn't, so I won't. So as of now, she's just a fat dangerhair bitch.
No, people must follow this code of conduct outside of the project as well because wrongthink anywhere is wrongthink everywhere:
I don't know, that's a pretty reasonably phrased standard. It's limiting itself to places when you're representing the project.
You're all forgetting the massive shitstorm that happened when she unsuccessfully attempted at getting Matz to adopt her CoC in Ruby.

https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/issues/12004
The responses are great.
During a SJW attack, not violating a CoC doesn't mean shit. Ask Larry Garfield of Drupal.
Goddamn, they booted him because he was a Gorean. That's like old school nerd misogyny. (Or, alleged misogyny, anyway. Probably more like BDSM. Kinda like whatever weird shit ESR does with his wife.)
Oh fuck me. A coworker of mine went to LambdaConf and I totally wanted to go, partially because of the actual purpose of the convention (though it's dominated by haskell people :c), but also because Ed Latimore was going to be speaking. Plus it's in Colorado, so I would've smoked a bunch of legal weed. I couldn't afford it though. Now I regret not going even more, knowing that it pissed off SJWs.

But yeah, LambdaConf is cool because they adopted a policy of telling SJWs to fuck off pretty early. I particularly like the women's responses. What happened was they let Curtis Yarvin give a talk there, even though he's like a racist or nazi or hitler or something.
Heh, who says that job offers are coming? Let alone multiple ones? I don't know, I can't imagine a company somehow hinting to you that they're going to give you an offer before it actually arrives. That sounds like a liability thing, particularly in Commiefornia.
That's useless - if anyone came up with such details, how would you possibly validate that?
It'd at least be a place to start. Well, and on KF, we don't really confirm details themselves, we confirm people. So if someone could privately confirm themselves as a github employee to a mod, while remaining otherwise anonymous, that might lead to some pretty interesting conversation.

kokozavro

kiwifarms.net
It'd at least be a place to start. Well, and on KF, we don't really confirm details themselves, we confirm people. So if someone could privately confirm themselves as a github employee to a mod, while remaining otherwise anonymous, that might lead to some pretty interesting conversation.
I appears that Coraline would report to this (also peculiar) lolcow: https://github.com/nmsanchez. I doubt anyone outside their "diversity and inclusion" department would know much, and those in it wouldn't tell.

• Agree
Reactions: Marvin

Splendid

Castigat ridendo mores
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Kinda like whatever weird shit ESR does with his wife.)
I've never heard about this. What the fuck?

Also, I don't think that she's getting multiple job offers within a week. Probably more like multiple second round interviews, which isn't impressive in any in demand profession.

• Agree
Reactions: Marvin

PhantomDiploma

kiwifarms.net
I appears that Coraline would report to this (also peculiar) lolcow: https://github.com/nmsanchez. I doubt anyone outside their "diversity and inclusion" department would know much, and those in it wouldn't tell.
Two months ago Coraline claimed she "had a really bad day at work" and attempted to overdose with anti-anxiety medication, after which she was involuntarily hospitalized.
I'm guessing that she got a senior technical position at GitHub for her "activism", one she was absolutely unqualified for. She was never able to meet the responsibilities of this job, but her supervisor was unwilling or unable to transfer or dismiss her when this became clear.
GitHub as an organization has learned nothing of this experience, as they have just postponed their ElectronConf because the speakers were all men and it made a "tech diversifier" mad. These speakers were all selected through a blind review, meaning that anyone they replace will be less qualified by design.

This will a repeat of what GitHub did to Coraline. Anyone who is replaced there will be a diversity placement and will probably be considered, on some level, a diversity placement wherever they go.
All of them are going to be into some form of the demagoguery practiced by GitHub and Coraline by design, no one with a reputation they built on their technical excellence would allow it to be sullied like this. Most of them will know the organizers and a few may even be the usual suspects starting slapfights and whisper campaigns over innocuous nonsense between calls for violence.

I could not think of a better way to discredit the kind of diversity initiatives GitHub claims to support. I'm not part of the "words are violence" crowd, but I believe what GitHub is doing will, in a very small way, harm the public perception of minority engineers and programmers.
In that sense they have accomplished what a thousand David Dukes never could.
upload_2017-6-7_17-36-43.png

upload_2017-6-7_17-37-6.png

upload_2017-6-7_17-37-37.png

upload_2017-6-7_17-38-1.png

Edit: Spelling

Attachments

Last edited:

Eli Whitney

kiwifarms.net
Two months ago Coraline claimed she "had a really bad day at work" and attempted to overdoes with anti-anxiety medication, after which she was involuntarily hospitalized.
I'm guessing that she got a senior technical position at GitHub for her "activism", one she was absolutely unqualified for. She was never able to meet the responsibilities of this job, but her supervisor was unwilling or unable to transfer or dismiss her when this became clear.

And here I was thinking we would need to resort to some elusive, back channel resource to offer up some vague second-hand account of what happened. Sure enough, here it is. Right from the horses mouth no less. Wow. Why the fuck would anyone tweet about something like this -- other than a desperate and utterly tasteless attempt at garnering attention.

PhantomDiploma

kiwifarms.net
Why the fuck would anyone tweet about something like this -- other than a desperate and utterly tasteless attempt at garnering attention.
It's also being part of a culture which twists oversharing and victimhood into virtues. It's this sort of masochistic contest, where status is based on how much you are suffering with the focus on the suffering itself and the completely external and inevitable causes of it.
The quickest demonstration of this you can find is by searching "blocktogether" on Twitter, where you can find genderspecials bragging about the volume of their pregenerated blocklists in such grotesque detail as to give new life to the ideas of Victorian-era psychologists.
upload_2017-6-7_23-42-26.png

upload_2017-6-7_23-47-9.png

"Not big enough."
upload_2017-6-7_23-46-1.png

You also saw this with people like Rebecca (thread), who took the whole blocklist mentality to its logical conclusion by also, she claimed, preemptively blocking the phone numbers of former Riot coworkers. You will also see these very silly contests where two formerly-amicable SJWs start slapfighting over what I am sure is an insurmountable difference will escalate it by not only blocking each other but also blocking anyone who commits the discourtesy of talking to their recent rival.

Truth be told, these CoC pushers are about as divorced from tech professionals ethically as the film industry of the 30s was to Joseph Breen, the anti-Semite censor who was never above charging Jewish film moguls for his service.

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino