Corissa Enneking / fatgirlflow and Juliana "J" Aprileo / comfyfattravels - Delusional fat-acceptance lesbian couple, junk-food addicts with expensive taste

• We are being DDoS attacked still and 12,000 people are reading about incest. Expect weird errors. Most should go away by refreshing.

I am using a backup email server to try and get some registration emails out. Check your spam. No promise it'll arrive.

GenociderSyo

Syo
kiwifarms.net
Turned adblock off for a second and DAMN this blog is more ads then blog....Most are just posts of clothing styles and her unique view that health isn't important.

"I am not a news outlet. I do not have an ethical obligation to allow people to engage in discourse that I find counter-productive or harmful to the audience I serve. If you leave a comment that promotes weight loss, diet culture, or weight loss surgery in any way, it will not be posted."

"When I was in 6th grade a beautiful boy kissed me in my neighbor’s backyard. He had a Bulls Starter Jacket and wore so much gel in his hair that it was crisp to the touch. When he tried to put his hand up my shirt I told him “no”. He pushed me and exclaimed “you’re a fat bitch” as he walked away.

In Junior High when I got in an argument with my friend, she would giggle and whisper “fat bitch” while walking past me in the halls.

When I was 14 I walked to the nearby convenience store to get a treat on Saturday morning. A man yelled “Hey honey!” at me. I kept my head down, kept walking. He yelled “Fat bitch!” as he sped away.

At 32, I post a picture of myself jumping into a pool while wearing a bikini. I am smiling. The caption reads “Ready for Summer”. Numerous strangers all leave the same comment: “fat bitch”.

I used to think that maybe people were right. Maybe I was angry, or hurt, or cynical because of how I looked. Maybe there is a certain bitchiness that comes with being a fat woman, likely caused by self hatred and anger from the excess flesh surrounding our bodies. Maybe we’re bitchy because nobody will ever love us, or want to have sex with us.

… or maybe we’re just fucking tired of defending our humanity.

Because living in the world as a fat person is traumatic. Because having other people project their own fucked up perceptions onto you is exhausting. Because even the happiest, most positive fat people are not allowed to feel down without the world accusing them of being in a hell of their own making.

Our bodies have never defined us, but these experiences within them have created a resiliency I didn’t know I was capable of. I thought I was alone for so long, that when I met other people who shared my reality, it felt like I was finally home. We are a community of unique individuals, all held together by society’s misconceptions.

I am proud of who I am and what I have become. Living within this body has shown me the strength of my values. Connecting with my community has shown me the power of vulnerability. Living loud and demanding respect has helped make my dreams come true.

I did not choose to be a “fat bitch”, the world placed that on me before I even understood what it meant. But I will no longer allow the world to hold power over my body. I will reclaim the words used against me and wear them as a reminder to everyone – we are a community created by other people’s misguided attempt at labeling us.

I am a Fat Bitch. We are the Fat Bitch. And we are unapologetically proud."
"Fuck Being Healthy

“I don’t care what you look like as long as you’re healthy”

We’ve all heard it. Many of us have nodded along in agreement, quietly disengaging from the well-intentioned person saying it. I wonder how many of you stay quiet, like myself. I feel the words bubbling up in my chest every time, but they never escape. “I’m not healthy, can I still love my body?”. I know the answer. I know it deep down inside of me, but I still question it.

Many of you reading this may also understand the concept that health is subjective and can’t be decided or determined by your body size, your BMI, or even how much you work out. Many of us know that health is different for everyone. The battle lies in not looking at health as an end goal, or as a goal at all, and ending the belief that someone’s health determines their goodness, their wholeness as a human being.
I am not healthy. I have not been healthy for a long time. I love the hell out of my unhealthy body.

I stopped striving for health about a year ago. I started questioning what I thought about people who were in outwardly presenting “unhealthy” bodies. I thought about my grandfather before he died, I thought about friends in wheelchairs, I thought about people with chronic illnesses. I realized, I have not been a patient person, and perhaps I have not been kind. I can vividly think of many times that I have judged someone for “not doing enough to better themselves”. There were several times that I chose to not love someone because they were not working hard enough to be their “best”. I’m not telling you this as some admission of guilt, I’m telling you this because it’s real. Because it’s where I chose to start healing.

Often times when we work toward self love we see things we do to ourselves reflected in how we treat others. A long time ago I quit commenting on how people dressed, because I knew that it was manifesting itself as judgement against my own personal style (I mean I also did it so I would be less of a dick, but the self love part was pretty important). When I realized the pattern I had developed toward other people and their perceived “best” selves, I knew something had to change. Just as I did when I wanted to stop being so harsh about my own style, I started by practicing a new attitude toward others. While it may be easy for some of you to see where I was failing, it was difficult for me. I began by challenging my idea of what someone’s “best” is. I started by realizing that someone’s “best” can change every day, and then I recognized that it doesn’t matter if I deem what someone else is doing as their “best”. Why have we decided that someone must want to be be “better” to be worthy of our love? What within ourselves can’t accept and love people as they are?

A person is not obligated to me or anyone else to be healthy. I am not obligated to be healthy. In fact, I may never be “healthy”. I may never overcome my disordered eating. I may never be “better”. And maybe you never will either. And that’s ok. We’re ok. In fact, we’re perfect. Right now.

My abilities, our abilities, do not determine our worth, and never have. They have been placed before us by others as a scapegoat for judgement. Recognizing this has created a new level of self acceptance and body positivity for me.
I am unhealthy. I am whole.

EDIT: I have received a lot of feedback on this article and I would like to challenge you to consider what I am and am NOT saying in this piece. I do not believe in black and white dichotomous thinking. I do not believe that being healthy is better than being unhealthy, just as I don’t believe that being unhealthy is better than being healthy. I believe that ALL WAYS OF BEING are valid, and worthy of praise, and self love, and acceptance, and respect. I believe that many of us fight hard for a level of health that may not be attainable for ourselves and then mentally beat ourselves up because we can’t reach it. I believe that no matter what my past, present, or future may look like I want to love myself NOW. As I am. And my unhealthy body is part of that."
"Dear Panera, Just Make The Bagels and Let “Clean Eating” Die

My dearest bagel makers,
I don’t need your weird marketing ploy to love you. You’re a bakery for Christ’s sake, your recipes involve things like cream cheese and frosting, your appeal is already solidified for me. But here we are, with another “clean eating” ad.

See, you could have chosen to run ads that talk about “no preservatives” or “fresh food”, and I would have looked the other way. I would have thought “I don’t give a shit as long as it doesn’t fuck up my everything bagel”, and went on about my business. But instead I, a loyal Panera customer, was forced to take a whole 30 seconds out of my day to account for the massive eyeroll I had to give your “clean eating” ad. Those were a precious 30 seconds, and I would like them back.

Why, you may ask yourself, is this self righteous fat girl so mad at your clean eating ad? Well, I will tell you. First of all, clean eating isn’t a thing. It’s a buzzword used to trick people into thinking that they are somehow doing something magically healthy for their bodies. There is no rule or guide book for “clean” eating, therefore you get to make the rules up as you go. You created a list of things that are “no-no’s” in your food to get everyone’s attention but the truth is, those things generally aren’t in restaurants who’s main courses are salad or soup because most restaurants serve fairly fresh food! So congratulations, you are now meeting the bare minimum like every other diner salad spot in America.

Second, and most important (to me), is that you recognize that there is nothing “clean” or “dirty” about food. And your attempt at making this whole “clean eating” thing cool is actually super bad for people’s perceptions of what constitutes wellness. Promoting certain foods as “clean” creates a dynamic where we are judging (and shaming) certain things that people consume. This is a problem for several reasons but namely, when we create this dichotomous thinking about food we become fixated on doing/eating “good”. This is especially a problem in young people, who are learning how to listen to their bodies and trust their instincts about how and what to eat. When you label foods “unclean” or “bad” it creates an alarmist effect that makes people swear off certain things in their diet without truly knowing the repreccussions physically and emotionally of that restriction. Food is not to be feared, and using that fear to drive sales is morally reprehensible.

In addition, you alienate a large population of people that regularly buy, prepare, and eat “unclean” meals for circumstances beyond their control. Preservatives are not evil, especially not to a family who is trying their best to feed their kiddos without going broke. Aspartame is essential in a lot of diabetics diets, as their consumption of sugar could be compromising to their health. Lard (on your no-no list) is one of the oldest forms of cooking oils, is sustainable, and has less saturated fat than butter!

By the looks of your facebook page, it seems that you might want to focus on clean cooking before taking on this big “clean” eating venture, anyway…

1617660692494.png
1617660709309.png

Until then, leave me and my dirty food off your no-no list and keep your weird diet culture food-shaming to yourself.
With love and adoration for them cinnamon crunch bagels,
1617661753900.png

Queen size Big Fig $1,799

"The Big Fig was created to sleep two 500 pound people, and it doesn’t disappoint. I know, a lot of sleeping happens in two years and you’re probably thinking “Corissa, didn’t you know if you liked the mattress after a couple weeks or months?”. Well, yes. I knew it was comfortable. But my experience with mattresses that myself and a plus size partner have slept on is that, unfortunately that feeling goes away after about a year when the mattress starts to sag or the box springs begin to snap."

Wink Queen $1,799
"Overwhelmingly the biggest complaint I hear about plus size mattresses is that they are “just a normal mattress made excessively firm”. Not Wink. This bed still has some give to it. It has a pillow top layer that makes staying in bed and snuggling on Saturday mornings hard to resist. It’s great for side and tummy sleepers because it conforms to your body so that it’s perfectly cradled.
After sleeping on the bed for 3 months, myself and my partner (a combined weight of nearly 900 lbs) had no significant impressions in the bed. Neither of us felt that incessant pull to our own groove, and felt like we could freely move around the bed without getting stuck
in a “dip”."

Helix Queen $1,799
"While this mattress is certainly more supportive than some of Helix’s other mattresses, I would say it’s best suited for people up to 300 pounds. As my partner and I slept on the mattress it seemed to break down much faster on the lower half of the bed (where our bellies and legs are). The mattress remained comfortable, but there was less support for my spine as a side sleeper, as my midsection and hips fell deeper into the mattress over the months."
Alright, babes we’re going to get right into this fat sex thing… and hopefully it’ll help get you into it too KNOW WHAT I MEAN?!?!?

Let’s start with this – all bodies. ALL BODIES. Have differing needs. We’re going to talk about fat bodies in this article, but let it be known that fat bodies are in no way abnormal or weird. It is 100% normal to make accommodations for ALL bodies. So we’re not going to be hating our bodies or feeling like there’s something wrong with us. This isn’t about that. It’s about knowing that accessibility is valid and you’re worthy of it!

You’re going to have to communicate

I’m not saying it’s easy, in fact I kind of hate this part of relationships. But I can answer 99% of every fat sex question I get with this answer. You’ve got to communicate. Seriously. If something is uncomfortable for you, say so. And when someone tells you something isn’t working for them don’t let your ego get in the way – think of solutions.

You don’t need to have a deep connection with someone to be able to tell them that it’s ok to move your flesh around. If you’re having sex with them, they know what your body looks like. Help them out, give your lover some hints, and let them know what feels good.

Hygiene Concerns

Everyone some times gets scared that they’re going to smell funny. The amount of cruel jokes about fat people being smelly probably aren’t helping plus size babes have great fat sex. But here’s the deal – bodies are odorous. Your is. Mine is. And so is everyone else’s. Unless you’re fresh out of the shower (which could be great foreplay!), there’s a chance you’ll be ripe. That’s ok.

I don’t generally support the use of flushable wipes because it turns out they’re terrible for the environment. However, they’re a great way to feel ready for a romp at any moment. No need to get fancy scented ones. Unscented are great and will get rid of any funk you might be afraid of. I also love the MegaBabe products and use a swipe of thigh rescue on my bikini line and under my breasts to keep me fresh and friction free.

If you need more info on fat hygiene check out ComfyFat’s post. There’s tons of info on accessible ways to make sure your’e always feeling fresh!

Make It Accessible

Set a chair next to the edge of the bed, use pillows to support yourself, buy sex toys!

Nothing is off limits when it comes to accessibility. While I could tell you a million ways that my partner and I make it work, it will ultimately be up to you and whoever you’re having sex with to talk about what works for you.

A few really important items that I think are essential for fat couples are a vibrating wand, a wedge pillow, and a plus size harness. Ya’ll – the world is your oyster when it comes to toys. Spend some time on a couple sites and see what they have to offer! And if you’re looking for reviews, check out the video below. I answer a couple more questions and show off a few toys!

You can tell your friends anything – even if it means getting a little uncomfortable or giving them a reality check. I GET IT. You’ve been socialized to believe your opinion really matters. No matter what. And that we’re all allowed to have opinions, even if they’re not what others want to hear.

Except, you’re not. And I’m sick of being nice about it.

When I tell you that I’m not interested in diet culture, or losing weight, or discussing my body with people – it’s not a debate. I didn’t ask if you believe in my decision. I didn’t ask if you agree with me. I told you my values about my body. Full stop.

“But I want you to feel good”

I do, most of the time. Probably about the same amount of time as you. I have days where I don’t feel perfect, I’m aging and learning how to navigate a body that is changing in many ways. I’m on medications for things that make me uncomfortable (like my life long panic attacks – thanks Lexapro!), and I go the doctor twice yearly to make sure I’m well and my medications aren’t effecting me negatively. Thank you for your concern.

“WHAT IF YOU GET SO BIG YOU CAN’T MOVE?!”

Well, first of all – there are lots of people in the world with limited mobility and it’s ridiculous to think that I’ll be less valuable as a friend if this happened.

Second, that’s not my intention but my body has been through a lot. From age 10 to 27 I cycled from a restrictive eating disorder to a binging eating disorder every 6-18 months. I have lost and gained over 100 pounds more than 5 times in my life. My metabolic system is not well, it has endured a life time of weight cycling. There are very few ways for me to “fix” this other than to try my hardest to eat intuitively, get nutrition from foods that make me feel well, and take medication that helps me process insulin more effectively. I do all these things.

I could maybe, possibly control my weight with a diet that restricts my calories. Except, diets don’t work and you gain weight back. And you know what’s harder on your body than being fat? Weight cycling. So i’m not doing that anymore.

“Why don’t you just go to the gym more?”

Listen, if you think being fat, having eating disorders (which btw 1 in 5 fat people have), and living in a society where everyone thinks your body is “gross” is a real push to make it to the gym well – you’re wrong. It’s fucking hard. And it comes with a lifetime of learned bullshit that makes me feel bad about myself. I can’t step into a gym without thinking I’m there to “fix” myself. I’ve been in years of therapy, I am obsessed with yoga, I love going for walks… and I am still riddled with anxiety about moving my body.

So, some days I choose my mental health over the panic attack. And I dedicate a lot of time thinking about my relationship to movement, and trying to make things more accessible for me. Some times I cry on my yoga mat and wonder if maybe my life would be different if I hadn’t hated myself for so long. I wonder if other people are painfully sad thinking about how they spoke to their 10 year old self about breathing heavy after running the mile at school. And I take a breath, and remind myself that my relationship with moving my body is going to be something I’m working on for a long time.

I’m recovering from a life time of trauma that revolves around my body. It’s going to take me a minute to re-incorporate joyfully moving. If you cant be patient with me, that’s ok. I probably can’t be patient with someone who’s not kind enough to understand.
"We Have A Comment Moderation Issue

It’s likely that if you’re fat and reading this you already know how rough online hate is and how non existent most brand’s comment moderation is. I share this because I think it’s important to show what we’re up against when it comes to online hatred. Major trigger warning for the content that follows this.
  • 1617662345668.png
  • 1617662354390.png
  • 1617662362336.png
  • 1617662370161.png
  • 1617662381734.png
Above are just a few comments that were left on my social media. Without provocation, I receive many of these kinds of hateful messages and outright threats every day. It’s painful, but not abnormal. They range from fairly harmless and just fetishizing, to threats that I’ve had to contact authorities about.

We can imagine a million reasons that people choose to spend their time this way, but the reality is that it doesn’t matter their reasoning. This type of interaction with another human being is unacceptable. And none of us should have to put up with it. Comment Moderation has to start being expected out of brands and companies that have the resources to handle it.

What To Do When People Are Hateful Online

My first rule of thumb is to always remember that this is only one person. Often times, if I see too many hateful comments it can start to feel like the entire world is against me. As if everything I believe about humanity is wrong, and it turns out people are just evil and awful. Some days, I think that’s true. I try really hard to remind myself that the spaces I create online are not those spaces. They are not ones who attract the terrible awful people in the world. They are good spaces where there is a lot of love, and letting myself focus on the negativity is a disservice to the beautiful community I have built.

Your number one priority should always be your safety. There is never a reason to engage with someone who you feel can bring real harm to you (emotional or physical). It’s very easy for some people to say that all opinions need to be heard – but in fat spaces those opinions can have oppressive effects that further marginalize us. Block freely.

For People Who’s Careers are Online

If you’ve followed my Youtube channel, you probably know by now that I’ve taken a little hiatus. Youtube is my biggest battle in the fight against online trolls and hatefulness. The platform isn’t well monitored and the blocking features are lackluster at best.

If you’re lucky you maybe have an intern or Virtual Assistant that can help you combat cyberbullying on social media. Let me tell you from experience, subjecting young interns to moderating hateful comments section is a miserable place to be in. Nobody wants that job, and being able to focus your employees creative energy on more important tasks is much more ideal.

This week, The Mod by Respondology reached out to me to ask if they could help me get a handle on my comment moderation – if you are on Youtube or have a business Facebook or Instagram following they could be your new best friend too.
1617662468586.png

The Mod takes about 5 minutes to set up. You login to your social accounts and then get to set key phrases that will automatically be hidden. But The Mod doesn’t stop there! They have a second line of defense in human form. Yes! That’s right, they have actual humans that get to know your social media and can help decide if certain comments are harmful!

1617662502211.png

One of my favorite things about The Mod is that it doesn’t delete comments or effect your engagement. Instead, they “hide” the comment from everyone except the commenter that left the hateful message. By not letting the hatred gain traction, we’re discouraging the commenter from spending energy leaving more messages or getting super involved in our comments section. It’s an excellent way to diffuse the situation instead of drawing more attention and hatred your way.

How Brands Can Help Change Online Culture

Several weeks ago, a well known Big & Tall brand shared my partner’s photo on their social media. The photo immediately got a lot of hateful comments calling out my partner J for being both too fat, and too gender ambiguous. Instead of facing the comments section head on, the brand allowed the comments to go unchecked. It left J feeling unsafe and not great about the brand or the interaction.

1617662526572.png

Tools like The Mod can help companies regain control and create a community of loving, kind comments around their brands. It’s so important for companies to let consumers know what their companies values are and how they plan on implementing those via their social media. As consumers, we have to insist that brands monitor their social media pages. Companies have to decide if they care more about their bottom line than they do about their consumer’s safety. It’s not a hard decision to make – I promise you loyalty and safety win every time and that means comment moderation needs to be a priority.

Will you tell your favorite brands to stop letting hatred go unchecked? Have you struggled with online hate? How did you deal with it? If you have a business profile on Facebook or Instagram, do you think a tool like this would be useful?

You can try The Mod by Respondology for free for two weeks! "
"Be confident. That’s what people tell us now. Fat people can be beautiful, you just have to be confident! Confidence is the new pretty. You can achieve anything as long as you’re confident. But while we’re being told this is the key to loving ourselves, we’re being accosted with language and images that tell us otherwise. Be confident in your body *diet pill commercial plays on the radio*! Love yourself *the store you’re in doesn’t sell your size*! Everyone is beautiful *the thin model on tv says*! How the hell does anyone expect us to just wake up and be confident in a world that tells us not to be every day?"

"To my emailer who is concerned about my running: I can run just as well today as I did when I was 200 pounds lighter… which is not at all. I’m a terrible runner. But at my current weight I can run (if absolutely necessary… I mean jeez why would I just be running? gross!) without hating myself for not being able to run as well as everyone else. Because I know my body is my own and comparing it to other’s abilities is not, as you like to call it, “healthy”."

"You cannot tell a person’s health by looking at them. You just can’t. You don’t know my story, and I don’t owe it to you to tell you about it every time you want to share your perception of my body. But more than not knowing a person’s health, my concern for the “health” rhetoric is that it creates a space where we cast aside anyone who isn’t of optimal health and wellness (and ability). And that’s scary. It’s not just scary, it’s fucking creepy. Don’t judge people’s worth by their health! Because unhealthy people exist, and are worthy of love and respect."

1617655706868.png

"One evening I was out with my mom and sister for dinner. I didn’t go out to each much, because it made me so anxious. As we sat down to eat the regular dinner time chats about diets and food habits and exercise routines started coming up. My sister had begun some diet that she was very excited about, and my mom was equally as excited to hear about it. I was able to make it through appetizers without saying much, but when our food came I said (probably much less lovingly than I remember) “can we not talk about diets and working out while we’re eating and just enjoy our food?”. That did not go over well, at all. My sister was hurt that I was devaluing her new interest, and told me what she was eating had nothing to do with what I was eating and that she was not judging me. I ate my food while holding back tears. I don’t think I said much more during dinner, but you know what? I said something. I spoke up and made it known that I was uncomfortable with what was happening. I took that first step, and I never looked back."

"I was 17 the first time weight loss surgery was presented to me. It’s hard for me to remember a doctor’s appointment where weight loss was not mentioned – even when I was struggling with an eating disorder that had led me to lose over 80 pounds in 3 months. I have never found a doctor who honors my request to not discuss weight loss, even with my known history of eating disorders.

I have friend’s that were talked into weight loss surgery at a young age who are suffering life long consequences. In my community of plus size bodies, it’s not abnormal for people to have friends who have died from the complications of surgery. Their stories are not unique, but they are painful reminders that we are not allowed to exist without mutilating and conforming our bodies to a standard that literally kills."

"We are being encouraged to amputate a healthy organ from our body, so that we can be more visually pleasing. We are being asked to live with a lifetime of complications and increased risk for medical issues so that we can be smaller. We are told that instead of demanding equality for our differences we should conform."

Recapped this some where in thread, but it's so crazy it needs to relinked. She has to use tongs to measure herself:

Last edited:

GenociderSyo

Syo
kiwifarms.net
"People really didn’t know that 3x does not serve as the final destination on the fat journey!"

1617663195389.png

"There are many things that I am not an expert on. But listen carefully when I tell you… if you want tips on how to wear as little clothes as possible I am your girl. I’m unsure if it was born out of desire to be unrestricted, or sheer laziness, but no matter the beginnings this is where we have ended up… flagrantly skipping tedious buttons and likely not wearing underwear. Yes, I am proud of these things. It’s important to take pride in things that you are so naturally skilled at.
And where’s the best place to practice these amazing skills? At a Father’s Day brunch in a fancy restaurant. Of course. Lucky for me, my folks have always supported my uninhibited nature and don’t even bat an eye at an unbuttoned shirt. And if strangers do, well I’m too busy feeling the cool air conditioning on my exposed tummy to notice!"

"I think we need to have a very real discussion about a few things happening in the plus size clothing industry right now. Recently I’ve seen a lot of “call outs” from bloggers and influential people in the plus size community that basically consist of “Quit bitching about the things you don’t like and start talking about the things you DO like!!!”. Let me start by saying that I personally subscribe to this motto in my life. I’m a really fucking positive person, and you’d be hard pressed to see me sulking about and complaining. The thing is, I just can’t ignore the cultural shift that everyone else seems to look past. The industry just hasn’t kept up with the people they are designing for. And while fat people everywhere are beginning to embrace their bodies, and educate themselves on their own oppression, it seems that the plus size industry isn’t ready to understand, market, and create for this new fat positive community."

"When clothing manufacturers continue to neglect a seemingly untapped market of plus size people looking for affordable clothing, it feels like a huge “fuck you”. I know, it’s not easy to change up your business model, but when your entire consumer base is shifting and their needs are changing, don’t you think it’s time to reevaluate?"

"If you think you created something amazing and it doesn’t get the response you hoped, I promise it’s not because we’re impossible to please, it’s just that you didn’t nail it. And we know you can. I know it’s scary but we believe in you. And you won’t need to convince us it’s a “step in the right direction” when it is. We’ll see it. We’re out here breaking down barriers and overcoming oppression… the least you could do is make us some cute, reasonably priced, clothes."

"It was a giant publicity stunt. Set on the backs of fat activisits everywhere, Lane Bryant decided that the next frontier in clothing retail is to pretend to be “hip” with the social movement that body positivity is leading. They even brought along some of their favorite bloggers to help set the mood. My social media feeds were filled with half hearted attempts at talking up the campaign and influential plus size people pretending like they actually shop at Lane Bryant. It was entertaining, to say the least. But that wasn’t even the most frustrating part of the #plusisequal campaign."

"While we’re creating a campaign that says #plusisequal we’re demonstrating that #PLUSISNOTEQUAL to anyone who doesn’t look like an “acceptable” fatty. In our community based around social justice and the acceptance of all people, we continue to shun anyone who’s voice is perceived as too loud. Meanwhile, the people participating in the campaigns claim we’re all fighting for the same thing and shouldn’t be criticizing “progress”."

"Yeah, you read that right. I’m not wearing a bra. Like… ever. Or at least, I’m working on it. I’ve been working from home for nearly a year now and my lifestyle has changed a little bit. My morning routine no longer includes strapping my boobs to my body for 12 hours of fabric-cutting-into-my-back-fat hell. I’ve found myself slowly leaving my bra off when going to breakfast with my bestie, or while taking trips to the store with my husband. It was a gradual process with a few sports bras, and bra top camis along the way.
I’ve been scared of not wearing a bra for a long time. My breasts are on the large side, but the real hangup was that they aren’t exactly “perky”. My nipples don’t point forward, ya’ll. And maybe that would be ok, but I’ve also got what I would call intrusive nipples. You can see them at all times. All. Times. There’s no hiding them, especially not in all white. But damn it, that’s my body! And it makes me feel good to accept and love my body so much that I’m cool with people knowing that I don’t have some magically lifted double D breasts with nipples that point to heaven. I am ok with that! Because that’s what some bodies look like! For too long, I’ve felt like being fat meant I had to make sure nobody saw what my body really looks like, and I’m just done with that. This is what my body looks like. All of my body. And I love it!"
"Today, I visited one of your Forever 21 stores near me. I know, it was wishful thinking even hoping that there would be a plus size section inside those 3000+ square feet, as so often clothing sizes end at L in your stores. But my best friend had some (Forever 21 plus size) jeans to exchange, and as you can see I’m a plus size fashion blogger, so I thought maybe I’d pick something cute out for myself. I spent $100 ordering things from your store online just last week, like I do most months. It’s not easy to find affordable clothing for people my size, and though your size 3x is snug on me I can make it work, and 6 items for $100 ain’t bad.

After we show the cashier the jeans that need to be exchanged (because they got holes in the seams within minutes of putting them on), I asked where the plus size section was. “Over here” my best friend says as she starts walking into a corner of the store that I thought was being used as storage. Ok, that may be a bit dramatic. I didn’t think that part of the store was actually being used as storage, because I couldn’t see that part of the store. Not from the sprawling glass windows outside the store, not from the cashier’s station where perhaps there would be a sign that said “plus”, not from the center of the store as it hid back behind the lingerie section (which does not carry any plus sizes). I was excited that there was actually a space where my 3x sizes were being held, though. I was impressed! Actual plus sizes in a Forever 21 near me! Better yet, a store clerk helped us find my friends jeans so we could exchange them. No problem.

Then we were left to “shop”. It was, in a word, horrifying.

Your entire store is lit with beautiful cool white lighting, and the floors are shiny little tiles of white and gold. There’s accessories on walls, and little treasures to be found all over the place. So please, tell me why the sweet hell the tiny plus size corner is dimly lit with yellow lights, no mirrors, and zero accessories on the shelves. In the Forever 21 near me there were entire hanging racks with only hangers on them. No clothes. But of course there were no clothes hanging nicely on the walls… they were all collected into an even tinier corner of the itty bitty room, shoved onto racks that were haphazardly placed so close to one another that nobody could walk between them. I thought for a moment “maybe I’m over reacting. Let’s see… does the rest of the store look like this?”. No. Definitely not. Even the most crowded sections of the store were clean and tidied.

Now, I am grown. I can do all my shopping online from my incredibly comfy couch. I know where to shop and I have a lot of knowledge about plus size brands. I love the shit out of myself, and have spent a lot of years breaking down the crap that I’ve learned about my body to realize that I’m totally worthy of cute clothes, just like every other person. Even my, super secure, grown ass, could not help but feel ashamed while I was shopping in your store. I knew exactly what was happening the second I stepped into that Forever 21 plus size section. I knew I was being pushed aside. I knew I was an after thought.

I’m not your target market though, am I? No. Your target is a bit younger than me. I know this because your target market often asks me to review your clothing, asks what my favorites from your store are. Your target hasn’t had the time that I’ve had to learn what is so fucked up about society’s attitudes towards fat people. Your target customer may not even have the luxury of being able to shop online, so that they can completely skip over the entire in-store experience. They’re young women, who are just looking to feel pretty in some semi-trendy clothes that they can afford. That sounds pretty simple right? It sounds like something everyone should have access to, something anyone could find. It’s not. Because stores keep shoving us in tiny, dimly lit corners very similar to your store’s set up. So young women, your target audience, continue to feel forgotten, as if their existence isn’t even worth the sales dollars.

It’s not us, the consumer, who should be forced to feel ashamed when shopping in your stores. Your reckless disregard of fat people’s feelings is shameful. You have got to do better than this. We deserve better than this. Year after year, plus size clothing sales increase, and year after year we are relegated to a tiny corner in your massive expanse of sales floor. I watch your plus size swimwear sell out every summer, while you neglect to include plus size clothing in any of your sales.

This is my open letter to you. Asking you to take the time to treat us with the respect and dignity that you treat your other customers. I’m asking you to take the time to make the Forever 21 plus size section reflect the same shopping experience that you provide our smaller counter parts. I’m asking you to help break the cycle of young women that feel ashamed of their bodies, help us to make more girls feel connected and supported by their communities. Create spaces that make people proud to wear your clothing. Bring positivity into your stores, instead of alienation.

I’m over the nonsense, and I know plenty of other women are too. Get with it."
1617663213185.png

"So here’s the deal, I actually appreciate this response, it’s just not effective. And it’s the kind of “shhhh, that’s not really what’s going on” kind of response that myself and others get from plus size companies all too often. I am certain this isn’t the first that Forever 21 has heard of these problems and concerns, because… well just look at all the comments on the open letter. People are all too familiar with the store’s practices and it seems that our voices are not often acknowledged.

What do we do next? Well, we keep talking about it. We keep writing to them and expressing how alienating and hurtful this kind of treatment is. We follow the instagram that they mentioned, and let them know when things aren’t going well, and demand they carry plus sizes in their stores. All of their damn stores.

I want to believe that companies care about their consumers. I really do. I want to give them an opportunity to prove it. Let’s make that happen."
"Forever 21 Sent Atkins Diet Bars To Customers And People Are MAD

This isn’t the first time you’ve messed up. It for sure won’t be the last. But this time it wasn’t just a nuisance – it was dangerous.

This week there were several tweets reporting that Forever 21 sent out Atkin’s diet bars and pamphlets in their online orders. It seemed that these “snacks” were only appearing in packages that included plus size clothing, but this hasn’t been confirmed and the company says that the Atkin’s bars went out in all online orders (as if this somehow makes it better?).

I am in several online groups about blogging and running a business. I’m also in many groups that are about being plus size and about fashion. Ya’ll – I cannot believe the amount of people who are saying that people getting upset about this are “too sensitive”. It doesn’t matter what size you are – having diets marketed to customers without their consent is unacceptable.

Why is everyone so angry?

It’s clear when you walk into Forever 21’s store that they are targeting their market toward young people. That can’t be denied. They are aware that they are serving tweens and teens with their clothing. So let’s just get real for a second here and share some facts about young people, eating disorders, and diet culture:
  • Hospitalizations for eating disorders in children under the age of 12 years old increased by 119 percent between the years of 1999 and 2006
  • Binge Eating Disorder was found to usually start during late adolescence or in the early twenties
  • Onset of anorexia nervosa is most commonly around the same time as puberty
  • 51% of girls 9 and 10 years old feel better about themselves when they are dieting
  • 40% of girls in grade ten and 37% of girls in grade nine thought of themselves as being too fat. Of those students that were “normal weight” based on their BMI, 19% still thought that they were too fat, and 12% of the students admitted to trying to lose weight
  • 91% of women who were surveyed on a college campus had tried to control their weight by dieting, and 22% of them dieted “often” or all the time
I can remember being introduced to Weight Watchers while I was in elementary school. My mom had the points book sitting in her side table and I would read through it, mentally taking note of what I ate in the day and what my total points were. By the time I was in High School I was restricting my diet to around 300 calories per day. I started having anxiety attacks and would occasionally pass out from hunger. I once fell down the stairs after class because I blacked out after not eating all day. My best friend caught me and I made her promise not to tell anyone.

Here’s the thing – my mom never ever said a bad word about my body. In fact, she was incredible about not encouraging dieting! Whenever we needed food, we were encouraged to eat. She told me I was beautiful, and I knew I was loved just as I was. But that didn’t get rid of that Weight Watchers pamphlet. It was there. Tucked away. Telling me that I could starve into a better version of myself.

Impact Over Intention

We live in a world where information is at our fingertips. Marketing departments have access to all the information they could possibly need and this was a massive fail on Forever 21’s part. From a business perspective – wow F21, ya fucked up.

From a consumers perspective, you didn’t just fuck up – you caused harm. Serious, irrepairable harm. I don’t know how many young people saw the ads included with these bars that reportedly said “forget 20% off your order – take 20% off your weight!”. We don’t know how many households those diet bars snuck into. Who’s to say how many teens and young women started their Aktins diet after receiving your packages.

Your intention may have never been to hurt anyone, but that doesn’t negate your impact. As a store with 600 locations, reaching millions of young adults worldwide, you’ve got to do better. You’ve got to inform your employees both in your stores and in upper management that they have a responsibility toward their customers. When you target a market that is young you have to be aware of how you’re effecting them at all times.

And to those of you who believe that the people who are upset are being “too sensitive” – there is no room for your complacency in the fight against eating disorders. It does not matter if you love “snacks” or not, diet culture is much bigger than a damn lemon Atkin’s bar. Listen to people’s stories and work to understand why these seemingly small errors in judgement have such a huge impact on people.

We should all work to be protecting our youth from eating disorders and self hate. And that means standing up when we see something harmful. Do better. Be better.

To learn more about the impact of diet culture I recommend this reading by Reagan Chastain. "
"When my best friend’s son was about 2 he went through a mild rebellious phase, and my best friend bore the brunt of that phase. Now we all know that children mean no harm and it takes them some time to learn boundaries, but it was still painful for my friend. One day he said something hurtful to her and I saw tears well up in her eyes. Before I could catch myself I looked right at him and said “don’t talk to my friend like that!!!!”. He looked a bit shocked, and proceeded to apologize to his mom. I couldn’t believe I just said that to a 2 year old."
"Shut up.
Just fucking stop talking. Stop asking what they ate today. Stop talking about the new diet you heard of. Hold your breath (forever if need be) when a sudden comment of concern arises in your throat. Just, shut up.

You think you are helping. I get it. But let’s talk about what really happens when you try to give your loved ones unsolicited advice about their bodies and their food intake. When you make them lunch and don’t include any foods that are exciting or tasty that they asked for, they don’t sit in the cafeteria quietly nourishing their bodies, thankful that their parent knows best. They learn that in order to get the foods that they want, they must be sneaky. They find quarters between couch cushions, or maybe even borrow some from your purse, and they find the vending machine after lunch. What could have just been a treat in their lunch box, has now turned into a full on adventure that proved to them how fun it is to find ways to sneak the food they want, and then feel the overwhelming sense of reward that sweeps over their body as they eat. If you’re lucky, they’ll forget that feeling quickly and let it manifest into shame. Because that’s what you want right? You want them to feel ashamed of eating that food you didn’t give them. If you’re not lucky, they’ll seek it out for the rest of their lives, looking for that little high that feels just like sitting in the bathroom eating a snickers bar before the lunch bell rings and they have to run back to class, their stomachs uncomfortably full from eating too much too fast.

When you say to them “I love you, but I’m concerned for your health”, imagine what it is like to always hear “but…” after every “I love you”. Imagine for a moment what it must feel like to be a kid, or a person of any age, who feels like the love they receive is contingent upon how well they’re executing this week’s diet plan. As you watch them exercise more, and eat less ask yourself why you require someone you love to shrink themselves. When they come to you starry eyed and tell you that they had salad for lunch and didn’t drink any (sugar laden) juice, think about the environment you’re creating when each “healthy” meal requires validation from another person. What happens when you are not there to congratulate them on their inhibition?

Have you ever considered the effects of teaching a person that they cannot trust their own body? That each cue they receive internally is just another way to ruin their commitment to thinness? What it must feel like to be housed in a space that you cannot trust to keep you safe? Imagine you’ve been taught that everything your body tells you about your needs is wrong. Do you believe that those feelings stop with eating? Some times when they’re hungry, they don’t eat. Their empty stomachs a small symbol of accomplishment. Some times when they feel uncomfortable they don’t speak up. They’ve been taught that their bodies feeling discomfort is normal, something to be proud of. It doesn’t stop with food.

As you reach for solutions to solve the “problem” of someone else’s body, consider for a moment that you may not have all the information you need. You may not know what kind of impact you will have. Consider that we are all different, and what may have worked for you or someone you know may have a very real, very permanent effect on someone else. When you decide to make it your goal to control another person, however small, just… don’t. Take a breath. Do some reading. And shut the fuck up."
"As I get deeper into body positivity I see more and more caveats placed on fat acceptance. “Nobody is saying it’s healthy to be fat, she’s just saying she gets to love herself as much as everyone else” and “She’s not glorifying obesity, she’s just loving her body”, are common things people say in response to fat shaming assholes on my social media accounts. I want to be very clear here: I am glorifying obesity. I am also 100% saying that health is subjective, and that I am under no obligation to strive for what other’s consider “health” if I do not want to. Nobody is.
am glorifying obesity. I am glorifying this body that does not, and has never, got enough praise for it’s existence. I am glorifying the rebellion I live each day while loving this body. I am glorifying the pounds I gained after years of starving myself. I am glorifying every moment I am alive in this body that other’s would discard as worthless. And I am extremely proud of myself."

"Body positivity is not about health, it’s about acknowledging that not all bodies are healthy and they are still worthy of respect. It’s about recognizing that health is subjective and not everyone’s looks the same. There is no “one size fits all” approach to taking care of your body, and there are many variables to consider when choosing what is most effective for maintaining that body. Body positivity is about placing less value, as a society, on the importance of an individual’s abilities, and celebrating what we learn from our differences. It’s about finding joy in the understanding and perspective that other’s may have because of those differences."
"I started restricting my food around 10 years old. I had developed a fear of throwing up after a bad illness, and used my food intake as a way to feel safe from getting sick again. I only ate very specific foods that I deemed “healthy” (meaning they would not make me sick). By 14 I trusted a Snickers bar more than I did a hamburger thanks to the sudden nationwide panic over mad cow disease. I became obsessed with avoiding foods that could make me sick. There was no real sense to any of it, some wires got crossed in my brain and I thought I was doing something to protect myself.

Throughout my teens I would go through phases where I restricted so much of my food that I would lose large amounts of weight very rapidly. I was not a fat kid, but was teased frequently for being bigger than others. My friends were small, and I was a tall athletic girl with a big personality. I took up too much space, and my peers never hesitated to make sure I knew it.

With every period of restriction came praise. Congratulations on losing weight. Compliments from people who otherwise had no intention of befriending me. I had unlocked some secret code to getting people to think I was a worthy human being. They didn’t know I felt sick constantly, or had panic attacks in the bathroom. They didn’t see me pass out after school because I had managed to go a full day and an afternoon’s softball practice without eating more than a few crackers.

And then came the binge. Because that’s what happens when you restrict your eating – your body catches up with you. For months I would be ravenous. I would become fixated on certain “safe” foods and eat them constantly. I suddenly had more energy, I didn’t feel sick or weak all of the time… and of course I gained weight. And that’s when I really came to understand what people wanted from my body.

As pounds layered on, my desireability melted away. Friends would join in with kids making fun of me, or they would fake concern. They had never noticed that I didn’t eat before – only that I seemed to suddenly be eating more now. People started commenting on my body as if it was a piece of real estate and everyone was open to make bids. My teenage fears of not being good enough were reinforced.

The cycle continued into my 20’s. Gaining and losing huge amounts of weight until my body began to deteriorate. At 22 I had to start getting vitamin injections because bloodwork showed that my body was malnourished. I was having panic attacks numerous times throughout the day, and was unable to work or attend school. I remember my mom insisting on going to the doctor with me. I had been trying to get answers to what was ailing me, why I was so weak and tired, for months to no avail. I told the doctor I was unable to eat. My mom looked at him concerned and told him I had lost 40 pounds in just over a month. He responded by saying that at my size weight loss wouldn’t hurt, and to allow me to eat whatever I feel like eating whenever I felt like it.

And then I saw a commercial on TV for some anti-depressant. You know the one – “depression hurts”. I still did not know that my eating habits were abnormal. I knew that eating only a cup of yogurt a day didn’t feel great, but here I was – still fat. My body had plenty to live off of, right? So I thought maybe I was depressed. And I made an appointment with a therapist.

It didn’t take more than 3 appointments for my therapist to diagnose me with EDNOS or Eating Disorder Not Otherwise Specified. This is the catch all term for “your eating is disordered and fucked up but it’s not necessarily anorexia, bulimia, or binge eating disorder”. She began teaching me about intuitive eating.

I wish I could talk about eating intuitively with confidence. I wish I could say that I’m recovered and understand my values around food and how I like to eat. I wish that the shame and guilt and food obsession was gone. But it’s not, and I’m not. And some days are really fucking hard.

I know that I’ve been through a lifetime’s worth of shit with food and our culture’s obsession with it. I know that it’s going to take a very long time to unlearn those things. I feel good knowing that every day I get closer to peace with food. I’m close. I’m doing really really well. I’ll get there eventually.

We have a few sayings in our house that help remind us that shame around food isn’t cool. “Don’t yuck my yum” was introduced to me by a therapist who reassured me that if I wanted to eat fried pickles for dinner every night I could. It’s all about eating what you want without shame, and telling people to back off with their moral assumptions about what you’re putting in your mouth.

It’s important to me that I share my journey with all of you. Not only so that we can connect and understand one another, but so that I can be accountable for my own recovery. Because being silent for so long hurt me. And I know that so many people living in bodies that look like mine are struggling in the same way.

You are valid. Your journey is important. Your struggle is not in any way less painful than others."
"I would not call myself a fashionista, and clothing definitely isn’t something that makes me wildly excited. But I am excited about the fat community, our determination, and the noise we are currently making, that is slowly but surely tearing down oppressive boundaries that society has set. So, I was pretty hyped to be at The Curvy Con, in a space where that tear down was actively taking place.

So, what is Curvy Con? Well, as far as I can tell, it’s a place where plus size fashion bloggers/influencers come together to see what new things are happening in plus size fashion…. or something like that. People (namely women) who want to attend can choose to buy a ticket at the “general”, “teal”, or “platinum” level. This makes my blood boil. A platinum ticket costs several hundred dollars more than a general admission ticket, creating a divisive energy among attendants before you even walk in. In a world filled with classism, The Curvy Con carries that right on through their event. Instead of making all tickets one price and providing everyone the same amenities, we’re relegated to only getting brunch if you can drop several hundred dollars. Doesn’t the plus size fashion industry do this to all of us enough already? Aren’t we tired of the fashion hierarchy?

Meanwhile, the models used in the fashion show were mostly size 12-14 (I saw the model board stating their sizes, this isn’t just an assumption), brands known for their lack of awareness were used as headliners on panels, and the entire event had a major accessibility issue (ie: elevator outages*, chairs that even super thin people would be uncomfortable on). Panels consisting of brand CEO’s seemed to be presenting so that they could convince us that they care about our community, instead of being there to hear us and tell us how they’d do better by us. The entire event felt performative and removed from the fat community. In fact, I don’t think I heard anyone involved in the event even use the word “fat” the entire time I was there."

Her instagram review:

"Maybe you’re thinking “why does that matter?” or “ok so that event isn’t for you” and that’s fair… except fashion is for everyone. Even when we don’t want it to be. I’m not a fashion girl, but the plus size fashion industry is directly driven by my consumption. I may not be thrilled about new Fall lines, but I still have to cloth my size 28 body. There is no way to separate the every day person from fashion – plus size specifically (because if you haven’t heard we’re 67% of the population). That makes it political.

I want us to start accepting the politics of fatness into fashion. I want awareness, and thoughtfulness from brands and the people who create events that support those brands. I want us to talk about the intersections of fatness and poverty and what it means to hold exclusive events like this. I want us to ask how we as a community continue to contribute to the oppression of fat women that don’t look like ourselves.

The Curvy Con was exactly what I expected it would be. It wasn’t life changing, it didn’t teach me anything new, and we didn’t suddenly break the mold on runway shows. It was exactly as fashion has always been, dressed up in plus size clothing pretending to be revolutionary.

I’m tired. I’m tired of the hard work this community does being exploited for capital gain. I’m tired of taking the crumbs from other people’s feasts. I’m tired of getting my hopes up. I’m not a fashion girl, but I want to be. I’m here. I’m showing up. So, when is plus size fashion going to let me participate?

*I had been informed that there actually were no “elevator outages” but that the elevators were actually reserved for platinum ticket holders only. After publishing this article one of The Curvy Con co-founders reached out to me to let me know that this was not the case (see below), but rather the elevators were for people who “couldn’t use the stairs”. During the event several of my friends who usually use mobility devices but opted out of carrying them to the conference were turned away from the elevators by security guards that said no more than “the elevator is out, use the stairs”. While I understand that this is not necessarily the fault of the event coordinators, all event staff (security guards included) should be well informed on protocol regarding accessibility.

EDIT – co-founder CeCe Olisa messaged me via instagram to say “Using the elevator wasn’t a platinum benefit. The elevator was having issues so usage was limited so that we could properly serve those who couldn’t use the stairs. I was only able to ride the elevator when accompanying a guest who used a cane.” "

ps – The Curvy Con wasn’t great, but I did get matching tattoos with my fat friends that were attending soooo… it wasn’t all bad 😉"

Clotso Coof

kiwifarms.net
Corissa is so obnoxious. I thought J was bad, but Corissa just takes it to a whole new level.
She broadcast her wedding on periscope? Ugh, she is so tacky and gross.

“But I want you to feel good”
... I’m aging and learning how to navigate a body that is changing in many ways.
"...navigate a body that is changing falling apart in many ways"

But at my current weight I can run (if absolutely necessary… I mean jeez why would I just be running? gross!) without hating myself for not being able to run as well as everyone else.
If this was written later than 2015...BULLSHIT she can run. Let's see a video of her running even 30 feet.

“WHAT IF YOU GET SO BIG YOU CAN’T MOVE?!”

Well, first of all – there are lots of people in the world with limited mobility and it’s ridiculous to think that I’ll be less valuable as a friend if this happened.

Second, that’s not my intention but my body has been through a lot. From age 10 to 27 I cycled from a restrictive eating disorder to a binging eating disorder every 6-18 months. I have lost and gained over 100 pounds more than 5 times in my life. My metabolic system is not well, it has endured a life time of weight cycling. There are very few ways for me to “fix” this other than to try my hardest to eat intuitively, get nutrition from foods that make me feel well, and take medication that helps me process insulin more effectively. I do all these things.

I could maybe, possibly control my weight with a diet that restricts my calories. Except, diets don’t work and you gain weight back. And you know what’s harder on your body than being fat? Weight cycling. So i’m not doing that anymore.
I can't believe she admitted that even her close circle of fellow fat friends have confronted her about her incredible rate of weight gain. "What if you get so big you can't move?!" LOL, can you imagine people you love having to ask you that? Fucking unreal. 🤣

But Corissa's still gonna be Corissa, the snotty arrogant bitch. "There's lots of people with limited mobility, bigot! Fuck you for caring about me, fatphobes!"

Do you know what's even harder on your body than weight loss? Being bedbound and developing life-threatening blood clots in your legs and/or lungs.

Corissa has already admitted she uses "medication" to "regulate" her insulin, AKA: Beetus. What does she think will happen to her "metabolic system" when she's too fat to move? Enjoy developing pressure sores that turn into unhealing diabetic ulcers, and then go straight to gangrene. Lord Beetus always wins in the end.

Sylvie Paula Paula

Will perform at weddings and funerals
kiwifarms.net
I stopped striving for health about a year ago. I started questioning what I thought about people who were in outwardly presenting “unhealthy” bodies. I thought about my grandfather before he died, I thought about friends in wheelchairs, I thought about people with chronic illnesses. I realized, I have not been a patient person, and perhaps I have not been kind. I can vividly think of many times that I have judged someone for “not doing enough to better themselves”. There were several times that I chose to not love someone because they were not working hard enough to be their “best”. I’m not telling you this as some admission of guilt, I’m telling you this because it’s real. Because it’s where I chose to start healing.

This paragraph implies that Corissa has looked down on people for being in wheelchairs or having some other type of physical disability, and not feeling bad for looking down on them for not being their "best selves". Oof.

rocknrollmartian

kiwifarms.net
Corissa has already admitted she uses "medication" to "regulate" her insulin, AKA: Beetus.
Lmao, what a whitewashed, weaselly way to admit to having type 2 diabetes. I think she revealed that a couple of years ago, so she may very well have to take actual insulin now. Her daily two liter of Dr Pepper renders all of it useless anyhow. She is the queen of denial.

Cynar

kiwifarms.net
"My first suggestion is to look into Health at Every Size (HAES) – which is a framework for medical care trademarked by the Association of Size Diversity and Health."

"Association of Size Diversity and Health," lmao okay. So those are the homicidal maniacs we can blame for inventing HAES. I guess this is supposed to sound legit and official? Ok how about this quote: "Julianna is a self-centered and disturbed young woman who expects others to cater to her mental illness so that she doesn't have to confront her deeper problems." This is a quote from "The Intersection of Gender Ideology and Disordered Eating as Displayed by Minor Social Media Figures," a respected paper that I just made up

"I didn’t feel safe knowing that the people in power at that particular workplace saw my nonbinary gender identity as an inconvenience. They saw it as strange, and didn’t hide it. These folks didn’t want to learn. They had no interest in growing."

It's good to recognize that KF subjects are in pain. It's good to remember that they're human too. Laugh, but don't turn into a goddamn monster about it.
But...but...if you start feeling sorry for them, that's another story. Don't do it. Never forget that people like Julianna have no problem whatsoever doing the very thing they accuse others of doing: dehumanizing and dismissing. Julianna says it right here: if you don't agree with her, if you don't get with her program, that means you're not interested in growing. According to her, there's no other way to be, no other way of looking at the world or understanding people. You either agree with her or you're stunted. These fucking totalitarian brats, I stg.

"include a line on your job application that asks what pronouns the applicant uses... Make sure you have conversations with management and employees about what this section of the application means."

"...Make sure all employees are aware of this policy."

"...we can tell when you haven’t been doing your homework!"

Every revolutionary turns authoritarian eventually.

"...When a person with privilege, for example, a cisgender person makes a mistake and upon correction, apologizes profusely and then turns the focus to themselves. It requires emotional labor from the trans or nonbinary person and takes away from your attempt at learning if you require a trans person to feel badly for correcting you. Allow that person to correct you. Its a good thing."

It's never enough for these people. This reminds me of Robin DiAngelo saying that if white women are sincerely upset and cry over racism it's because they're self-centered white supremacists. Anyone other than Julianna having any emotions or concerns or garnering any attention must be stopped and should feel shame. Yeah. I think it's time we all knock off the "poor Jay, Corissa is the SJW meanie!" theorizing.

"My worst fear is always that on my first day, I’ll crush a chair in front of all my new coworkers and I’ll have to first, struggle to get up off of the floor and then immediately find a bathroom to go cry in out of embarrassment. Not fun."

This is usually what is known as a "wake up call" you absolutely ridiculous buffalo

Kujo Jotaro

Every Man Dies
kiwifarms.net
That's because you ARE a circus freak Julianna.
J is half the reason I even come to the death fats section of the farms. I lurked the fat acceptance thread before it got splintered into a few individual cow threads, and J was consistently the cow that shocked me with her grotesque shape and immense amounts of fat.

Thomas Eugene Paris

Sexy, in a Howdy Doody sort of way.
kiwifarms.net
Corrissa said:
"We are being encouraged to amputate a healthy organ from our body, so that we can be more visually pleasing. We are being asked to live with a lifetime of complications and increased risk for medical issues so that we can be smaller. We are told that instead of demanding equality for our differences we should conform."
This is such a limited and deficient understanding of what the intention behind weight loss surgery is. I don't know if it's a bad faith argument or if she's just really stupid, but either way, this snippet is proof that there's no point to engaging her.

Corissa said:
I’m a really fucking positive person, and you’d be hard pressed to see me sulking about and complaining.
I just clipped this for emphasis. SHE'S REALLY FUCKING POSITIVE, GUYS. IT'S THE REST OF YOU SHITLORDS WHO RUIN IT BY PISSING HER OFF!!!!

It's delusional.

Last edited:

rocknrollmartian

kiwifarms.net
This is such a limited and deficient understanding of what the intention behind weight loss surgery is. I don't know if it's a bad faith argument or if she's just really stupid, but either way, this snippet is proof that there's no point to engaging her.
The very idea that WLS is solely, or even mostly, about aesthetics is a joke. Many people look like melted candles after WLS, need to have skin removed, have thinning hair or ashen complexions, etc., but it's still preferable to having an A1C of 10+ and being housebound.

When Corissa and J visited Atlanta, they couldn't even walk 30 yards to the hotel pool. They chose to stare wistfully out of the window at the city skyline instead of checking out some cool places (restaurants) downtown. Huffing and puffing through airports and on planes just to sit in a cold, generic hotel room was an insane and pathetic self-own, and they've gotten worse since.

What sort of accommodations do they want--literal teleportation? The hover recliners from WALL-E (a movie that uncannily features a million obese NPC Julianas)?
Screen Shot 2021-04-06 at 3.32.32 PM.pngScreen Shot 2021-04-06 at 3.33.08 PM.png

FuckDuckSeagull

hoot hoot hoot
kiwifarms.net
Somehow it escapes Julianna and Corissa that not everyone enjoys living in a flesh-prison. Someone might actually want to live and not just exist.

It is fascinating when people throw "HEALTH IS NOT AN OBLIGATION!!!" around. Ok, but... why would you choose to be unhealthy, tho? I do not understand the logic behind this, even disabled people or people with a chronic illness usually try to be as healthy as they can eith the abilities they have. It must be triggering as fuck to Julianna and Corissa, to see people in wheelchairs etc working out and having access to places they can't access, because they're so massive.

JuniperFalls

kiwifarms.net
Somehow it escapes Julianna and Corissa that not everyone enjoys living in a flesh-prison. Someone might actually want to live and not just exist.

It is fascinating when people throw "HEALTH IS NOT AN OBLIGATION!!!" around. Ok, but... why would you choose to be unhealthy, tho? I do not understand the logic behind this, even disabled people or people with a chronic illness usually try to be as healthy as they can eith the abilities they have. It must be triggering as fuck to Julianna and Corissa, to see people in wheelchairs etc working out and having access to places they can't access, because they're so massive.
In C & J's world, good health is not an obligation, but bad health is. If you don't believe me, ask any HAES heifer if it's okay for people to try losing weight solely for health reasons rather than aesthetics.

FuckDuckSeagull

hoot hoot hoot
kiwifarms.net
In C & J's world, good health is not an obligation, but bad health is. If you don't believe me, ask any HAES heifer if it's okay for people to try losing weight solely for health reasons rather than aesthetics.
Oooh I know the answer! All weightloss regardless of the reason is fat phobic and absolutely not body positive!

Gramlol

kiwifarms.net

Yeah it's such a bizarre mindset compared to those who were born with conditions or have disabilities outside their control- who don't take good health for granted. C and J can reeee about how they're just 'naturally' 400lb along with all the attendant accessibility issues (quote from J before being 'PCOS means I can't absorb energy from food' ??) but anyone born with a limitation is not likely to be so flippant about preserving good health.
And for all their supposed 'self-care/protect mental health' they disregard all those who need to eat well and exercise to control mental illness symptoms to the best of their ability, and do so. I bet C's 'seasonal depression' would be a lot less life-ruining if she, you know, took it seriously by eating a wholefoods diet, rising early and getting out into the sun, and exercising.
Anyone who claims to be so devastated by anxiety and depression but who won't exercise, eat well, have a good routine (all to the best of their ability) I just side eye. Why should anyone take your illness seriously when you won't do those basic things that would help so much?

I swear to god, all this fake self care crap over not actually taking care of yourself, then demanding the world change for you after it inevitably screws up your body and mind, is so disingenuous and manipulative.

Daughter of Cernunnos

Ghost husb@ndos
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
So gonna start with Jay. I can find no online persona before January 2018 and her starting a relationship with Corissa. It's like the identity Jay was born January 2018 and considering Jay's age that is really odd. Twitter, Facebook, Blog, and in january 2018. Patreon in July 2019. Youtube in March of 2018. She seems to have gone non-binary already at this time.

Jay was removed from her family and put into foster care from 5 to 7/8 years old. She blames them wanting her to be healthy and getting her to a normal weight on all the wrong in her life.

"As a child, I lived in low income housing. I lived in a one parent household where that parent was disabled. We were poor, y’all. With poverty sometimes comes health issues, sure. Lack of resources and systemic oppression often have negative impact on people’s health. But as far as I knew, I didn’t have any issues with my health as a child. There was no great concern with my health, nor my body. I felt nothing in particular about my fat body up until this point.
For part of my early years I was in foster care. Many of my memories from that time are difficult to call upon without tears following pretty much immediately. Which is a total bummer, it makes it hard to write about. But it also makes it super easy to pinpoint exactly where my relationship with my fat body took a swift left turn off the side of a cliff, into a whirling cesspool of fatphobia. It was traumatic, and I’m still working on detangling the mess of that experience to this day."

"When I was abruptly whisked off to my new temporary household I found myself in a culture of diet and weight obsession. My foster family seemed to make it their mission to get my health under control. I was their project. So I learned about the infamous Body Mass Index (BMI). I had tons of doctors appointments surrounding my weight. Doctors showed me the weight tracking charts. We talked about diets and medication. I was 5 years old."

"I auditioned for The Biggest Loser. I’m embarrassed to admit this. And I’m sad for past me. Even someone who considers themself a fat activist who advocates for accessibility, fat positivity, and body liberation, has gotten sucked into the depths of internalized fatphobia enough to audition for a show dedicated to abusing and traumatizing fat people into losing weight. My relationship with my body has always been tumultuous. I’d be lying to you all if I ignored these pieces of my past and made it seem like I was always a body posi king. I wasn’t."
"A polite way to open the floor up to this conversation is to introduce yourself by saying something like, “Hi, I’m Ev. My pronouns are he/him/his.” You can take it a step further by following up with, “Can I ask what yours are?” Don’t be afraid to be vulnerable and let folks know you’re new to this and just want to make sure you’re getting it right!" (For Allies)

"I’m finding myself frustrated this week about pronouns. Or rather, the complete stubbornness around using they/them pronouns. My pronouns. It really seems like no one cares enough to just try and use them. So let’s do it. Lets talk pronouns."

"Its so strange to me that people would actually ask this. And y’all really do ask it! Do you realize what you’re saying? To be really frank, you’re asking if I have a penis or a vagina. Do you ask that of every person you meet? Think about it. Your boss says they’re hiring a new employee named Jo. You immediately ask, “Cool. Can’t wait to meet Jo. Also, does Jo have a penis or a vagina?” How would your boss react to that? They’d probably think you were wildly inappropriate and wonder why it mattered to you. I encourage you to ask yourself that question: why does it matter what genitalia someone has?"

Advertises $20 prounoun packs in the merch store:
Each pack includes:
An enamel pronoun pin. (You have to buy the pack for YOUR pronouns)
View attachment 2060755
A "Hello My Pronouns Are" sticker
View attachment 2060757
A “Break the Binary” sticker proudly representing the trans flag colors
View attachment 2060758
A “My pronouns aren’t preferred, they’re mandatory” sticker
View attachment 2060759
20 “Hey friend, you misgendered me” cards. Keep these on you to gently remind service workers, family members, or acquaintances that there are alternatives to gendered language.
View attachment 2060747View attachment 2060749

An “ask me about my pronouns” button to get the conversation started
View attachment 2060760

"One of the most vital parts of these Pronoun Packs is ally participation. Trans and nonbinary folks desperately need allies to step up and start getting conversations going about pronouns."
"For as long as I can remember, kids have always gawked at my fat body. They stare, point, laugh, snicker, comment. They even make dramatic gestures. A whisper to their parents with a confused look on their face is nothing new for me to see. Oftentimes in public, I feel like a member of a circus “freak show” on display for young people to mock. It’s certainly discouraging! Especially as someone managing social anxiety as it is."

"Representation matters. It truly does. If our kids only have representation of fat people in media that are being made fun of, it will continue to be incredibly difficult to reshape their beliefs around what it means to be fat. Having fat people in their lives changes their view. They can make connections with, ask questions to, and love the fat people in their lives. They can see a fat person living their life, enjoying themselves, having fun, and being human."

"Be sure to use words that are easy for the kiddos to understand. Kids know the term fat. It’s easy to understand. Using words like “obese” (or referring to BMI) are terms that come from the medical world. They’re often used in a way that is highly fatphobic and tied to the moral devaluation of fat bodies. Taking these words out of your vocabulary and using words like fat, heavy, big, etc. helps change our language from speaking about fat bodies as if they are taboo, to something more simple and matter of fact. Fat is not a bad word. It doesn’t have to have negative connotations if we don’t let it! Call it like it is. And do so without fear, pity, moral value, shame, or assumption."

"“Are they gonna die early because they’re fat?” There are many reasons someone could be unhealthy. Sometimes it’s related to their weight, sometimes it’s not. We know this, because skinny people can have health problems too, right? No matter what, we want to be nice to everyone whether they have health problems or not."

"Conversations about respecting different bodies are important for your children to hear. It’s vital to combatting those negative narratives that they will inevitably internalize about their own bodies, as well as how they treat others about theirs. We must start talking to our young people about fat bodies in ways that destigmatize them. That way, we can work on moving culture away from toxic diet culture and an obsession to thinness, to a more balanced, holistic, and compassionate relationship with bodies."
"So, I heard some news today in the fat positive community about a new show Netflix is releasing in the beginning of August. It’s called Insatiable and a loose explanation of the show is that its about a fat girl and her struggle in high school. Hm. Okay, there’s a lot of potential there.
Unsurprisingly though, Netflix completely botched their opportunity to shed light on toxic diet culture and teenage bullying. They could have created media that tackles body image and promotes positive messages of self love to teenagers. Instead, they created another highly fatphobic and incredibly problematic series to sit alongside all the other “fat girl gets thin and is hot now” tropes."

"The protagonist is bullied and shamed for her body, resulting in disordered eating behaviors. She undergoes a surgery that wires her jaw shut, in hopes of losing weight (I’m not kidding, thats really the length to which people think we should go in order to lose weight). And she does lose weight. Suddenly, Ryan’s character returns to school after summer vacation as the new thin and happy version of herself. Everyone adores her. She then uses her newfound confidence to seek revenge on all of those evil high schoolers who did her wrong."

"However, any show (or professional for that matter) that tells you the best way to deal with one eating disorder is to develop another – by starving oneself – is fucking wrong. Do not believe that shit. It’s so harmful. That is an unreliable source. That source is coming from a place of fatphobia. They’re not looking out for the your personal, physical, and emotional wellbeing. They are upholding an agenda they have learned from a flawed medical system. They believe its better to be anorexic, bulimic, malnourished, and thin, than to be fat and happy."
"The worst case scenario might be that you have to purchase a second seat – with or without reimbursement depending on the airline. This is absolutely awful and a form of oppression against those unable to afford the cost of another seat"
"In the best case scenario, they may be required to give you a second boarding pass that says “seat reserved,” at no cost to you. You have to ask for it. When you check in with the ticketing agent on your departure date, ask for it then and they’ll print it for you along with your boarding pass. Then you’ll simply place this paper on the seat next to you and no one will be able to sit there. Unfortunately, this does mean that someone may be booted from the flight and moved to a later departure time if it was already 100% full."
"Your boarding pass will probably not say this, but with your additional “reserved” seat, you have authorization to board the flight during the “pre-board” section."
"For super fats like me, that full body scanner looks fairly intimidating. It might feel like only slender folks can fit through it. Act like you own the place and shove yourself through as if this is something you do all the time."
"And finally, remind yourself that in this capitalist society, airlines intentionally cram as many seats as possible onto the plane and make the aisles painfully narrow in order to maximize passengers and therefore profit."
"When traveling while fat, you run the risk of being treated as a spectacle. "
"Until now, I’ve spent nearly all of my life in a beautiful bubble of progressive activism. Sure, Western Mass is running significantly low on racial diversity, which should not go unmentioned here."

Check out our fat travelers carrying card for self affirmations and a response arsenal for public fat shaming. Print it out and carry it with you in your fat travels:
View attachment 2060679
JCPenny online goes to 5XB which means 5X BIG.

Jay shops at female stores for jeans (Torrid/Lane Bryant).
"They have skinny jeans! Yes, my fat ass DOES want to wear skinny jeans just like the rest of the planet right now."

"I’ve recently discovered ASOS Plus – which actually has quite a few items available in my size of 5X and even extends to 8X for a few items"

"Just in case you’re wondering, I do know what size I wear. I’m a 5x/6x in Men’s tops and a 28/30 in Women’s jeans. And I’d say I’m generous and tend to size up on my online orders just to be safe. “I’d rather it be too big than not fit at all!” That’s always been my motto. Which still sucks because it severely limits my options."

"Slowly pulling the jeans up, breathing deeply. Nervous. Scared even. Wiggling, sucking in, hoping you can stuff your rolls in some hidden pocket. Accompanied by whines, gasps, and groans. Here come the tears. They barely come up past your thighs. You force them up and realize there’s no way they’re going to button and zip. But instead of blaming the stores, inaccessibility, and lack of universal sizing…you blame yourself. The world blames you, anyway right? “Maybe I’ll just hang onto these for one day when I lose weight…”"

"I am SO excited to tell y’all about Beefcake Swimwear. This is the first swim suit that I’ve heard about that caters to us androgynous folks! They believe that anyone can feel studly and look amazing in swimwear and not worry about choosing between binary options."

Jay actually does have to get a majority of formal wear customized.
"Assuming the booths are too small for my glorious belly, I’ll need a table with chairs. Unless the tables of the booths are movable, which is a toss up because sometimes they are directly connected to the wall and I do not want to have to squeeze myself in. I still haven’t gone back to Red Robin after the embarrassment of cramming myself into a booth only to find I couldn’t breathe and had to relocate."

"But how are the chairs? Are they sturdy? Or is there a chance of the chair breaking like that time at the pool with my family and friends where the plastic lawn chair crumbled beneath me?"

"Can I even move through the restaurant? How tightly packed are the tables? Are the aisles roomy? Will my hips and rolls be brushing by people’s faces as I am lead to my seat? I would be mortified if I end up knocking over chairs and drinks on my way to our table."

"Can I reach the toilet paper underneath the dispenser or is it so tightly lodged between my thigh and the wall that its just a lost cause? Do I have to straddle the toilet in order to close and latch the door?"

"I must be seated around the edges of the establishment. I wont be able to concentrate on spending time with you if we are sitting in the center of the restaurant."
"6 week memberships available for free to teenagers during summer vacation......BUT! Weight Watchers claims that this campaign is about “healthy living,” not weight loss. Do they seriously think we’re falling for that? The literal definition of “watching your weight” is to be focused on losing weight; to make sure you’re not gaining weight; to shrink oneself to a goal weight."

"What upsets me most about this is that Weight Watchers cares more about money than the actual health of the next generation, but they’re claiming otherwise. Weight Watchers knows that these teens will continue their memberships after the 6 week trial is up. They want these kids hooked. They want them thin-obsessed just like us and our parents. Counting calories. Adding up points. Placing moral connotations
to FOOD."

"The other issue is that we are treating these teenagers as adults. We are promoting a potentially dangerous lifestyle of obsessive dieting to teenagers at such a crucial time in their brain development."

They make Tummy Liners....
"Comfort Tummy Liners, Set of 3 - Enhances Comfort and Absorbs Perspiration for Healthy Skin, White, Xxx Large"

"When you live in a fatphobic world that forces you to distance yourself from your body all of your life, you may not be super in touch with or think about gender."

"So many trans people feel obligated to choose one gender in the binary and then medically transition. Which can be super harmful for people who are still trying to figure out where they fit."

She used to work for Equity House. This is the place that countered WestBoro Baptist church by buying a rainbow building across the street in 2018. They seem to only post when they can do some social project such as BLM and stuff.

"I personally don’t have too much dexterity in my arms and wrists."

"Usually, the haters’ messages slide off my back, because they tend to lack imagination and creativity. They jump back and forth between spouting nonsense about the state of my health (of which they have no legitimate information), and pointing out obvious and boring facts about my body. Something like, “You’re so fat. You look like a beached whale.”"
View attachment 2060766

"Generally, those who bind are gender nonconforming (GNC) and trans-masculine babes. These folks may want to have a flatter chest for all kinds of reasons. Binding is often a practice for trans and GNC people who are experiencing gender dysphoria. They may feel discomfort or distress at not only the sight of their breast tissue, but also the feel, the way their chest looks in clothing, and the way they are perceived in the world. Creating a flatter chest may help them feel more masculine and therefore more aligned in a mind/body/spirit sorta way. Super awesome if you ask me.
Additionally, some people bind because they just want to finally be able to wear that favorite button up comfortably without the buttons doing that thing around the chest area. You know, when your shirt buttons stretch open and you can see through from the side? So annoying. It’s also quite common for people to bind for cosplay.
Other times, binding is crucial for safety. Trans folks may need to hide their breast tissue in order to “pass” as a cisgender male for fear of being subject to ridicule or violence if they are outed."

"I noticed on the Shapeshifters website that they had a section called Pay It Forward. This section is dedicated purely to donations. Every time the fund reaches a multiple of $50, they do a chest binder giveaway! I nearly cried when I saw this. My social worker brain lit the heck up and was all, “think of the youth!” This is such a beautiful way for folks with financial means to give a garment to a person in need that could help them tremendously."

"I feel uncomfortable using either restroom because no matter what – people look at me funny and wonder if I’m really supposed to be in there."

"With the holidays just around the corner, I encourage you to take a stand against that racist, homophobic, transphobic, relative that always says something terribly offensive. Instead of rolling your eyes, laughing awkwardly, or shrugging it off, make it a point to call them out on their bullshit. Tell them they are being transphobic. Educate them when they complain about trans people wanting to use certain bathrooms. Hell, if you have to come up with ways to shut that shit down ahead of time so you can feel prepared, do so. Don’t let transphobia slide. Use whatever tone works best for you. Call them in to a conversation if that method works best for you. Do your part to help change the narrative." (For Allies)

There was a SPONSORED giveaway in 2019 for about 5 vibrators.....
"I took it upon myself to pick out some items from the site that seemed the most fat friendly. You might be thinking, “what do they mean by that, exactly?” When looking for toys, I kept in mind accessibility issues that I myself have come across. Small items with tiny buttons that are difficult to access when getting busy need not apply. These toys provide easier access due to their length and shape. So reach around those tummies and get goin!"
View attachment 2060790View attachment 2060794
"You refer to my advocacy of my needs as “demanding for special treatment.” However, I don’t demand for special treatment. I would say, I demand better treatment. I demand that the world change for me. For us. I demand respect and acknowledgement of my existence. There should be a plan for me. I demand to be thought of when creating spaces. I don’t want to be an afterthought anymore."

"As far as your mention of PCOS. Yes, I have PCOS. I’m aware of the issues it brings. One issue it causes me in particular is that is makes it super difficult for my body to extract the energy its supposed to from food. Its literally not doing its job. Food goes through me without my body getting the nutrients I need. Hence wanting to eat more and never feeling quite full or energized. I did not bring that upon myself, it’s part of my chemistry."

"Fat people face a great deal of oppression because fatphobia is inherently woven into our culture. It’s pervasive and is often paired with oppression tied to other intersecting identities. Fat people are less likely to be offered jobs after interviews and experience life threatening anti-fat medical bias which is oppressive as heck. That means fat people are literally not receiving proper healthcare. Lack of access to healthcare is oppressive."

"You perpetuate this idea that because it is possible for my body to change and for me to lose weight, that I should. Sure, I might be able to lose weight. I could also have weight loss surgery. I choose not to. It’s not a priority for me. The expenses are too high. I choose my happiness, mental wellness, and eating disorder recovery over intentional weight loss through toxic diet culture."

"I understand that the language around the quote “its oppressive for fat people to have to buy two airline seats” may sound striking at first. But, it really is oppressive for an airline to require a person to purchase an extra seat on a flight because the seats are small. It’s unjust. Think about it, the seats are small because of the airline. They are small because of capitalism. They are small because they’re trying to cram as many people as possible onto a flight and make as much money as they can. Forcing fat passengers to pay twice as much as thin passengers is oppressive. It puts the blame on fat people for what is a capitalist issue. The company (aka the people in power) create an issue by knowingly making seats that will not fit many passengers and then say “just make them pay for two seats!” Thats absurd."

"Moreover, I don’t really like the word “accommodations.” It’s harmful. It has a connotation of the person receiving help as not inherently being deserving of said resource. It creates a dynamic where the person needing help has to feel guilty for someone going out of their way to give them the baseline service that other people have been able to receive all along. I’m not asking for a different hotel room because I’m bougie and like the view better from another location. That sounds more like an accommodation. I’m asking for a room with a bed big enough for me and my partner."
"However, any show (or professional for that matter) that tells you the best way to deal with one eating disorder is to develop another – by starving oneself – is fucking wrong.
Haha, she accidently admitted BED and food addiction are just as disordered as starving and purging.