Going back to this for a moment, I just want to impress upon some of y'all how incredibly exceptional this is. This Machado fuck has not only very obviously never gone to wrestling school, he also lacks the basic talent for mimicry of what's been seen on TV that a five-year-old has. A five-year-old, mimicking what he saw on Monday Night RAW before he was told to get ready for bed, would be able to land a European uppercut correctly. Said five-year-old, were they somehow actually in a ring, would also be able to turn the correct way at key moments with at least a 50% success rate. Moreover, another five-year-old could book a better match just based off what they think looks cool.I watched his match against Johnny Dynamo on his NPWL page. Some notes from an actual pro wrestler:
- Macahdo is wrestling in tights and a shirt, so I already think he's lame. Don't argue "But Kevin Owen's wrestles in a shirt!", this kid ain't Kevin Owens by a long shot.
- The match starts off with one of the weakest lariats I've ever fucking seen.
- Johnny pushes into the corner, cheap elbow and now Johnny is laid out on the middle rope...this is the SECOND THING DONE IN THE MATCH. Whoever booked this is an absolute exceptional individual.
- Machado with a stiff European uppercut to Johnny's gut/chest. That's not how a European is supposed to be hit, BTW.
- Machado getting heel heat, Johnny taps him on the shoulder, then Machado TURNS THE WRONG WAY. Johnny has to turn him around and unfuck the situation. This is basic wrestling school shit, btw.
- Machado is whipped chest first into the buckle, then turns the wrong way AGAIN.
- Machado takes a powder for 9 off one drop kick. No bump and feed (which would make sense), just one move drops him to the outside. Way to look like a stud, champ.
- Another drop kick from Johnny, teasing a big move, then right into a sleeper hold spot for Machado. Machado's valet gets onto the apron for no reason, which leads me to believe that there was supposed to be something done here, but again, the booker is an exceptional individual.
- Way to no-sell a kick to the gut, but then again, Machado isn't in the BEST shape for a wrestler.
- Machado hits an STO as his finish, meaning that he, as a heel, only did about 7-8 things that would be considered "offense". His manager got more heel heat than he did, and that is absurd.
Iirc, being a 'rosebud' on TV, if you were paid, was a $500 gig. Yes, they also had extras that weren't paid, and they're typically someone who won a contest or some shit. No catering, no amenities, and you GTFO of the arena when your part was done, so no staying back and talking to Vince or HHH, they have bigger shit to deal with.
Tl;dr: There's no way you could convince me that he's a trained wrestler.
Cory Machado is not only a talentless hack, he's a worse wrestler than a five-year-old roughhousing on the playground while the aides aren't looking.