Covering up the camera could damage your laptop: Apple - "Don't cover your camera, goyim"

Y2K Baby

The Codex of Ultimate Wisdom???
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
This is an amazing example of Reddit right here, you judge posts quality off the join year of the user rather then the contents of the post, judging somebody on a factor like that is to embrace a circlejerk culture exactly like Reddit. There's reddit posters from every single year, for example you're from 2016 but still Reddit as fuck.
t.newfig

emuemuemu

kiwifarms.net
However dear user, have you actually considered ... reading into the article about why this is said?

Because Apple has shit computers a little bit of tape on for two long with pressure is enough to damage the camera, if you use a thinner strip and take it off before you close it's not a problem.
I agree, Apple obviously don't care if you cover your camera or not.

What they care about is not being on the hook for repairing the damage under warranty.

But there's no drama or outrage in that interpretation.

CaesarCzech

kiwifarms.net
Yes I know, everybody has seen the dozens of twitter posts, /pol/ threads, telegram messages, etc. that this "glows", really fresh and relevant commentary on a 5 day old story that has been posted everywhere with that caption.
However dear user, have you actually considered not being a raging sped and reading into the article about why this is said?

Because Apple has shit computers a little bit of tape on for two long with pressure is enough to damage the camera, if you use a thinner strip and take it off before you close it's not a problem. But nope, you had to repeat the exact same joke because you wanted that dopamine release you saw other people get on social media from such claims.
This is the Redditfication of Kiwifarms.
Purposefully make non compliance with glow in the darks as hard as possible while still having cover of BUT YOU CAN DO it. Israelli this nigga so dumb my Emus ?_

Forever Sunrise

Avatar? I don't need no stinkin' avatar.
kiwifarms.net
Do you know what passive aggressive means you illiterate retard? You keep using that word and I'll tell you, it's just called being aggressive if you're gonna try the "ur mad" angle. Your basic English skills are consistently disappointing.
Get your own gimmick right you joke.

This is an amazing example of Reddit right here, you judge posts quality off the join year of the user rather then the contents of the post, judging somebody on a factor like that is to embrace a circlejerk culture exactly like Reddit. There's reddit posters from every single year, for example you're from 2016 but still Reddit as fuck.
Stay mad whore, go back to Reddit.
You're an obnoxious tit who insults people for no reason. Nobody cares what you think, and nobody will ever care, because you are physically incapable of not making even the most reasonable, sensible and self-evident truth seem like the ravings of a paranoid NRA member. You're always mad at something, and can never resist the urge to act smug and condescending. We judge you on that basis before we look at your join date or anything else about you, fuckwit.

Y2K Baby

The Codex of Ultimate Wisdom???
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
You're an obnoxious tit who insults people for no reason. Nobody cares what you think, and nobody will ever care, because you are physically incapable of not making even the most reasonable, sensible and self-evident truth seem like the ravings of a paranoid NRA member. You're always mad at something, and can never resist the urge to act smug and condescending. We judge you on that basis before we look at your join date or anything else about you, fuckwit.
When you put it that way, he sounds kind of based though.

Antique Rice

kiwifarms.net
So I have no choice but to blame the fact that the normies at work keep sticking tape and post-its on their computers instead of using the perfectly functional built-in camera shutter on the fact that Apple has forgotten how to engineer a simple plastic flap into their $3000 email machines. Thanks Steve Jobs for giving your engineers the worst habits in tech.

There's a story told about how Steve dropped a prototype device into a fish tank once and pointed to the bubbles coming out as proof that what they were working on could be made even smaller. No idea if he'd do such a thing, but he was a huge asshole, and his ideals have produced some real shit products.

Oon magic

Somewhere between chaotic neutral and shitpost
kiwifarms.net
Yeah this is BS, my carefully applied duct tape has not broken a series of MacBooks.
This.

It sounds like they mean there is a piece thats designed to cover the camera when they call it a “camera cover” but I care to little to google it. To everyone asking who buys apple computers: a lot of schools give them to faculty and students and not just art schools. I also know of a few companies that get them for work computers even though even a toughbook running XP would be a better option.

Protip: If you cut the adhisive side of a sticky note and use that to cover it you won’t have the adhesive residue if you ever take it off.

Dreamer

Cube Snek
kiwifarms.net
i don't know what kind of alternate reality they live in but i personally couldn't damage my laptop with tape if i tried.
i mean even if you somehow trust apple with your safety indian scammers can do many wonderful things with your camera too.
I usually judge people who cover their webcams as retarded paranoid normies but this is kinda funny since Apple's own external webcam they used to sell had a built-in privacy cover.

View attachment 1458227 View attachment 1458228
The pro-consumer move would be giving people an option to buy a macbook with a camera cover and bumping a price on it by another 99dol like they usually do.
Why wont they do that?

Tags
None