Plagued COVID Conspiracy Theorists and other idiots - This is not a political thunderdome or gay slapfight thread.

• Registration closed, comedy forum, Internet drama, Sneed, etc.

lost_n'_confused

looking for my car keys in the threads
kiwifarms.net
Jeez, why are all these people refusing something that could have saved their lives dying? Must be a conspiracy, not that they're fucking retards dying of their deliberately chosen retardation!
Most people are sane and take the vaccine (if possible). It is just that the stupidest people are the ones who scream the loudest.

Meriasek

kiwifarms.net
If it really worked and Big Pharma was super evil, why wouldn't they just jack up the price of it?
I expect that there might cartel laws against jacking up prices randomly (at least there are here in Europooristan), and Ivermectin is not protected by patents so generica would be produced. At least that's what I think is the reasoning here.

I am the Muffin Maker

kiwifarms.net
I can understand and have sympathy for people who do not want to take a vaccine for a virus that is fairly harmless to someone under the age of 50. In particular when the vaccine was heavily politicized for months and every horror story associated with it was put across the wires.

What I don't get are the people who deny this virus is real.

China welded doors shut to keep it from spreading, Iran had people dying in the streets, India murdered thousands of poors by making them walk 1000s of miles home when it shut down in an attempt to control it, Italy (a place that fucking loves its old people lots an entire generation of them.

Meanwhile I work with a woman who refused the vaccine so it was looking like she was going to get fired when the mandates went in (don't worry she works with lots of vulnerable people too). Then she got the rona. Was hospitalized briefly and has since had her entire family vaccinated because apparently being in the hospital and put on supplemental oxygen is a come-to-jesus moment like no other.

But that's what it took to get a vaccine skeptic to believe in a virus.

Emo Supremo

down the road, not across the street
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I can understand and have sympathy for people who do not want to take a vaccine for a virus that is fairly harmless to someone under the age of 50. In particular when the vaccine was heavily politicized for months and every horror story associated with it was put across the wires.

What I don't get are the people who deny this virus is real.

China welded doors shut to keep it from spreading, Iran had people dying in the streets, India murdered thousands of poors by making them walk 1000s of miles home when it shut down in an attempt to control it, Italy (a place that fucking loves its old people) lost an entire generation of them.

Meanwhile I work with a woman who refused the vaccine so it was looking like she was going to get fired when the mandates went in (don't worry she works with lots of vulnerable people too). Then she got the rona. Was hospitalized briefly and has since had her entire family vaccinated because apparently being in the hospital and put on supplemental oxygen is a come-to-jesus moment like no other.

But that's what it took to get a vaccine skeptic to believe in a virus.
unfortunately we're at a point now where just acknowledging the fact that there really is a pathogen called sars-cov-2 is going above and beyond. why would all of these national governments, many of whom happily despise each other, jump through all these hoops to collaborate in making up a hoax pandemic?

it can't be to gain control over the masses. most people have some form of identification, like an ssn, assigned immediately after birth. we're obligated to pay taxes, partake in civic duties such as voting and obeying the law, and participate in the economy via employment - failing to do these things will cause scorn at best and serious legal punishment at worst. we've been inculcated to believe in a national identity from a very young age. advertisements, mainstream media, social media, and overall societal expectations pressure us from every angle at every waking moment. for fuck's sake, we carry around smartphones that are constantly pinging off data to be collected by signal towers and satellites, and plenty of people also own laptops, tablets, and smartwatches which are similarly monitored, so the microchip conspiracy is kind of redundant too.

like, i don't know about you, but i say we're pretty damn whipped already. there's not a whole lot more that can be done besides literally opening up your head and sticking a mind control device directly into your brainmeat.

Standardized Profile

kiwifarms.net
It's not even skepticism, it's a matter of not getting sick and dying. I swear to God, between the libertarian mindset of "my body, my choice" and the authoritarian option of "get vaccinated or get locked down", it's hard to find a rational perspective of COVID-19. It's driving me nuts.
COVID exists in the confluence of science, policy, and personalities. If you ignore the latter two and just look at the science, it's pretty easy to come to a rational conclusion. Unfortunately, our government and our media are full of crazy people, liars, and manipulators. And I'm referring to pro-vaccine personalities just as much as anti-vaxers.

I can understand and have sympathy for people who do not want to take a vaccine for a virus that is fairly harmless to someone under the age of 50.
Not that harmless. If I'm using CDC's public use data visualizer correctly, 26% of hospitalizations and 20% of ICU cases have been under 50. They'll probably survive, but "survival" can mean discharge to a skilled nursing facility where you will be turned over twice a day to prevent bedsores until you eventually die of pneumonia. And even if you aren't unlucky enough to be hospitalized, there's real harm in missing work or being unable to care for your children because you're sick.

TaimuRadiu

Kaiserin
kiwifarms.net
COVID exists in the confluence of science, policy, and personalities. If you ignore the latter two and just look at the science, it's pretty easy to come to a rational conclusion. Unfortunately, our government and our media are full of crazy people, liars, and manipulators. And I'm referring to pro-vaccine personalities just as much as anti-vaxers.

Not that harmless. If I'm using CDC's public use data visualizer correctly, 26% of hospitalizations and 20% of ICU cases have been under 50. They'll probably survive, but "survival" can mean discharge to a skilled nursing facility where you will be turned over twice a day to prevent bedsores until you eventually die of pneumonia. And even if you aren't unlucky enough to be hospitalized, there's real harm in missing work or being unable to care for your children because you're sick.
There's a problem with those numbers.

John Merston

the return and dislike
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I can understand and have sympathy for people who do not want to take a vaccine for a virus that is fairly harmless to someone under the age of 50.
I really am sick of this meme. Your risks of actually dying from COVID may go down the younger you are, but there's still a good chance you'll continue to suffer symptoms long after the "main" infection is over.

Hollywood Hulk Hogan

nWo 4 LyFe
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
1631718109341.png

Emo Supremo

down the road, not across the street
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
another meme i'm tired of: saying you aren't getting vaccinated because your immune system can handle it on its own. even if you don't die, even if you don't get long-lasting effects, doesn't it still suck major ass to get sick? wouldn't you want to avoid being miserable and losing productivity time with work, school, and/or family obligations if you could?

AnOminous

Only the rarest and smuggest of Goodmans
Retired Staff
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I wonder if the fucking kike behind the OP post will at least revise his wording now that we are 1.5 years into 2 weeks of flattening the curve and the treatment in place makes the sickness look trivial in comparison
Gobble on my circumcized cock you fag.
wouldn't you want to avoid being miserable and losing productivity time with work, school, and/or family obligations if you could?
This is why I usually get the flu jab too, and did this year, even though that probably won't kill me either. Now I don't get the flu!

I guess if you think needles magically inject Satan into you, you won't get either, but you're a fucking retard.

Neet Tokusatsu Hero

I'm a hero, but still fat and a NEET
kiwifarms.net
I love the "dies of covid, starts a gofundme" meme because its so damn true.

I don't know man, i don't know how to say it, i think they're starting to rub me in the wrong way, like you said, all those cases are pretty much the same.

> Ha! only sheep will take the vaccine and will be controlled by satan!, i'm strong and smart!
> i'm not feeling so well...
> i can't fucking breath! why is this happening to me!?
> please send your prayers and donations to this brave soul 🙏

Don't you think there's something missing?, you know, the part where either the person in their deathbed or their family realize "you know, maybe not taking the vaccine wasn't a good idea". As stupid most antivaxxers can be, they still leave family and friends behind when they die, but none of them seem to be able to connect the dots, and realize that if they've taken the vaccine they would most likely still be alive today.

People are dying, and the people close to them learned nothing. God help us if in ten years down the line, another much deadlier desease appears, and people have gotten stupid to the point they no longer wash their hands.

AnOminous

Only the rarest and smuggest of Goodmans
Retired Staff
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
People are dying, and the people close to them learned nothing. God help us if in ten years down the line, another much deadlier desease appears, and people have gotten stupid to the point they no longer wash their hands.
Only faggot communists wash their hands!