Covid Vaccine Rationing -

Ivan Shatov

Ceterum autem censeo Carthaginem esse delendam
kiwifarms.net
The irony of vaccine rationing astounds me.

The County Health Minister / Chief Jailer where I live was on the radio over the weekend, talking about plans for how the vaccine would be distributed. Pretty much follows the progressive stack, says it could be over a year before someone like me gets access to it.

So what the government is saying is: we have an experimental drug that was rushed through testing. We plan to use minorities, elderly and vulnerable populations to make sure it's safe before you ever have to deal with it. We might inoculate enough people for herd immunity to kick in before you would ever be asked to risk having this shit injected into your veins.

So I know the Minister of Health wants to help minorities, feels like I'm the one seeing the most benefit.

vanilla_pepsi_head

Stone Cold Steve Autism
kiwifarms.net
I can get behind the West graciously allowing a few million people in India to go first. Very charitable of them.

Michael Jacks0n

You know I'm bad, I'm bad.
kiwifarms.net
Make as many effortless Reddit-tier jokes about calling me a Karen all you want, but I ain't taking a Covid vaccine. I'm not anti-vax, so you can fuck off with any I FUCKING LOVE SCIENCE shit about vaccines: my rationale is that this particular vaccine has been rushed and created under questionable circumstances, and we don't know the longterm effects. I'll take my chances with not getting close to anyone's faces for the next year or so to avoid the chink cough, rather than risk getting some crazy side effect like stroke, paralysis, or sterilization.

You can say you're not anti-vax, but if you walk like a duck, quack like a duck, and repeat the same quackery that antivaxers repeat every time a new vaccine is licensed, you're a duck.

Common antivaxer quacks:

1. It's experimental/they didn't test it enough/they're using us as guinea pigs. No actual defects are identified, this is just an opinion that whatever testing was done prior to approval was not enough. The anti-vaxer doesn't have any idea what "enough" is, they just know this wasn't it.

2. We don't know long term effects. "Long term" is undefined, and with human lifespans it could mean 80+ years; anti-vaxers don't consider the disease burden of not vaccinating a population while we wait 80 years to see if the centenarians develop rheums and agues. But the anti-vaxer will often be more specific on what these effects are, listing a string of bad outcomes that they imagine could occur at some nebulous point in the future, though usually they don't explain why they chose these particular events over others. I think they just pick things that sound scary. The long term effects of not being vaccinated and catching a disease are not considered, even when these effects are known. (There is an implicit appeal to nature fallacy here: It's better to get sick from a virus and suffer long term effects than to get an immunization and suffer long term effects--never mind what those effects are or how frequently they occur.)

3. Latching on to speculative remarks and outright conspiracy theories that circulate in boomer memes but were dismissed by scientists ages ago, like vaccines causing autism, implanting microchips, or vaccine mRNA causing sterility (but not RNA from the actual virus, appeal to nature again).

4. Treating production errors or contaminated materials as inherent problems in the vaccine. I haven't seen this with COVID yet, but given billions of doses, I expect some lots will be recalled because someone sneezed in a bioreactor or they used the cheap rubber from China where they weren't supposed to. Anti-vaxers will jump on this.

I love antivaxers. There's lots of medical quackery but it gets old fast. Antivaxers are continually being renewed as new vaccines are developed. It's always delightful to see newly-fledged antivaxers peek out of their shell and peep, "I'm not anti-vaccine, but...."

Baby Quack.jpg

Pompano Mike

kiwifarms.net
You can say you're not anti-vax, but if you walk like a duck, quack like a duck, and repeat the same quackery that antivaxers repeat every time a new vaccine is licensed, you're a duck.
You make some valid points about the purely scientific aspects of vaccines, but do you understand that a great deal of people's hesitation to take this COVID vaccine in particular is rooted in a deep distrust of every authority promoting it and some of the broader implications presented by requiring compliance? I made a post today about this in the Coronavirus thread and I don't want to belabor the point, but why exactly should people trust that this vaccine is something they should get when the faction of society in favor of the anti-COVID measures taken to-date have revealed their deeply partisan and unscientific bent? Cases in point: here, here, and here.

The vast majority of people receiving medicine of any kind have no understanding of the science behind any of it, and are putting their faith in the idea that the doctors, manufacturers, and laws that pertain to those medicines know what they're doing and want to ensure safety and efficacy. With COVID in particular, what would that faith be based on exactly? A government official like Bill de Blasio telling you it's safe? How about a doctor like one of the idiots who signed that letter or one that calls racism a public health crisis? The benevolence of Pfizer, Inc.? After everything that's happened? Good luck with that.

Last edited:

booklover

kiwifarms.net
A Kroger store in Virginia (U.S. state) revealed that they "vaxed" some people with saline, or even air. How could THAT happen?!?!? An air-filled syringe does not have the same "feel" as a full one, and there are reasons why people are taught in school (pharmacy, nursing, medical, etc.) to ALWAYS READ THE LABEL.

I suspect some licenses are going to be yanked, or at least restricted, after all is said and done.

Fuck the vaccine!!! Both my grandparents have covid now. My grandfather is in the hospital. They got the vaccine and it didn't work. Next time I hear someone say "get your vaccine, so you don't get Covid" I Want them to get punch in the face
Lol

Is he more or less okay, or is it full blown with the ventilator?

Just Dont

kiwifarms.net
The irony of vaccine rationing astounds me.

The County Health Minister / Chief Jailer where I live was on the radio over the weekend, talking about plans for how the vaccine would be distributed. Pretty much follows the progressive stack, says it could be over a year before someone like me gets access to it.

So what the government is saying is: we have an experimental drug that was rushed through testing. We plan to use minorities, elderly and vulnerable populations to make sure it's safe before you ever have to deal with it. We might inoculate enough people for herd immunity to kick in before you would ever be asked to risk having this shit injected into your veins.

So I know the Minister of Health wants to help minorities, feels like I'm the one seeing the most benefit.

This isn't the worst of it.

Pfizer and Moderna don't want to disclose the formula for their vaccines to anyone, not even government officials of the country that buys the vaccines know what the fuck they contain.

The paper they produced isn't even a snippet of the actual thing or even the research and testing by the various chemicals used, especially the live-segmented virus they used as regent.

Is a grift and one that will have repercusions down the line because the live-segmented Sars-cov-2 virus has HIV-1 properties.

Is literal Airborne Aids.