Creative works you enjoyed until politics happened - "How politics made me hate Welcome to Nightvale and other things"

Ginger Piglet

Burglar of Jess Phillips MP
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Iirc the gay muslim sex scene was in the book, and it felt just as weird and out of place, dude just can't write sex scenes. The voring vagina was pretty hot though.
Genuinely surprised that Neil Gaiman hasn't been cancelled. Why? Because of the Sandman volume "A Game of You" which featured a bunch of women doing some supernatural stuff to exorcise a being called the Cuckoo from one of their number's dreams. Only in the scene where the ritual takes place, it is explained that one of their number, Wanda, can't actually take part in the ritual. Why? Because the magic only works for women and specifically only for women who are capable of conceiving, and Wanda is trans and was originally named Alvin.

Oh yes, Wanda dies later on. This is super problematic apparently.

To be fair, "A Game of You" was one of the weaker storylines therein.

Parthenos

Why hast thou let me see this, Lucifer?
kiwifarms.net
Ironically, in a "world free from whiteness", there wouldn't be identity politics - "woke" who make it up are naturally white.
Unfortunately nope. What you'll get is colorism next - "white-passing" POCs like Asians and 'white' Latinos, 'lightskins' and mixed-race people will be next on the chopping block. It's happening already, of course, but just take a look at more or less "nonwhite" countries and how people's skin colors also result in preferential/less preferential treatment. Skin lightening cream sells like hotcakes basically everywhere for a very good reason.

Kiislova

Mostly non degenerate furfag
kiwifarms.net
I used to like funny articles. Half news, half humor sites were everywhere around 2010. A good example of this was the downfall of Cracked.com. It went from amusing articles you could read while eating breakfast or dropping a deuce to unfunnny woke propaganda practically overnight.
I used to watch the After Hours and Does not Compute videos alongside the humorous listicles but then it all became politics, culminating with a listicle by one Zoe Quinn.

Never returned.

Used to enjoy life until politics was shoved in my face to the degree it is now.
The reason I abandoned social media entirely.

Ginger Piglet

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Unfortunately nope. What you'll get is colorism next - "white-passing" POCs like Asians and 'white' Latinos, 'lightskins' and mixed-race people will be next on the chopping block. It's happening already, of course, but just take a look at more or less "nonwhite" countries and how people's skin colors also result in preferential/less preferential treatment. Skin lightening cream sells like hotcakes basically everywhere for a very good reason.
George Zimmermann was Hispanic. However at that moment the media suddenly discovered the idea that he was "white Hispanic" and thus evil.

frozenrunner

Please do not hoard limited salt supplies.
kiwifarms.net
Garth Ennis did a good job of explaining it in Hitman #34.
Is Ennis based, or is he just sane and can write shit like that from a character's POV he doesn't share? I assumed the "Fuck Communism" lighter in Preacher (seen the show, not the comics) was tongue-in-cheek since he's, you know, a comic book writer.

Last edited:

The Shadow

I am NOT a crackpot.
kiwifarms.net
Is Ennis based, or is he just sane and can write shit like that from a character's POV he doesn't share? I assumed the "Fuck Communism" lighter in Preacher (seen the show, not the comics) was tongue-in-cheek since he's, you know, a comic book writer.
I don't know. I'm not a particularly big Ennis fan but his edgelord tendencies tell me he's no fan of the PC police.

batman-30.jpg

I do know that I'm nostalgic for a Batman that would drop onto some godforsaken Pacific Island to personally hand a Marine a shiny new Garand. So I can't say I mind politics in comics, I just prefer them to revolve around sticking it to the Tojos.

Last edited:

Atatata

Is corona-chan gone yet?
kiwifarms.net
Genuinely surprised that Neil Gaiman hasn't been cancelled. Why? Because of the Sandman volume "A Game of You" which featured a bunch of women doing some supernatural stuff to exorcise a being called the Cuckoo from one of their number's dreams. Only in the scene where the ritual takes place, it is explained that one of their number, Wanda, can't actually take part in the ritual. Why? Because the magic only works for women and specifically only for women who are capable of conceiving, and Wanda is trans and was originally named Alvin.

Oh yes, Wanda dies later on. This is super problematic apparently.

To be fair, "A Game of You" was one of the weaker storylines therein.
He hasn't been canceled because they don't read. Maybe one of these days a journalist will check the wiki or tv tropes page, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

The Shadow

I am NOT a crackpot.
kiwifarms.net
He hasn't been canceled because they don't read. Maybe one of these days a journalist will check the wiki or tv tropes page, but I wouldn't hold my breath.
I think Sandman is one of those comics everyone likes to bring up at parties to show they're in the know, but they don't really read them. I haven't read it.

I nodded my way through an emo chick telling me about it when I was in High School once though.

Last edited:

UnsufficentBoobage

Atleast things I wanna fuck are 3D
kiwifarms.net
I think Sandman is one of those comics everyone likes to bring up at parties to show they're in the know, but they don't really read them. I haven't read it.
Everyone who mentions reading it is 75% likely to be either a pretentious wanker or one of those quirky pretend-bisexual chicks.
I think it exists as a lithmus paper of sorts.

Based_Papa_John

Welcome to the Future you chose.
kiwifarms.net
Believe it or not, VeggieTales.

Whatever one thinks about Christian media, VeggieTales is actually pretty good in an industry of mostly mediocre to garbage quality. It's one of those kid shows that parents can watch with their kids and enjoy without the desire to blow their brains out, especially the early episodes. It truly was a pioneer in CGI in many respects, and really doesn't get the appreciation it deserves outside of the occasional nostalgia video or meme.

Then Phil Vischer, the creator, decided to go woke, claiming that he wouldn't be in the place where he was today if he hadn't been born white. Typical self-flagelating garbage coming from a position of success. It's an obvious virtue signal from someone who has already experienced the mountain top.

Kiislova

Mostly non degenerate furfag
kiwifarms.net
One that I forgot and is a BIG one.

Education

Right now there are "ethics" classes on fucking Compsci and Computer Engineering, filled with the usual "isms" and "ists"

At least I hope these exceptional people remove some competition from "unethical" tech industries like Defense.

The Pink Panther

Pinky "Quartz" Universe
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Believe it or not, VeggieTales.

Whatever one thinks about Christian media, VeggieTales is actually pretty good in an industry of mostly mediocre to garbage quality. It's one of those kid shows that parents can watch with their kids and enjoy without the desire to blow their brains out, especially the early episodes. It truly was a pioneer in CGI in many respects, and really doesn't get the appreciation it deserves outside of the occasional nostalgia video or meme.

Then Phil Vischer, the creator, decided to go woke, claiming that he wouldn't be in the place where he was today if he hadn't been born white. Typical self-flagelating garbage coming from a position of success. It's an obvious virtue signal from someone who has already experienced the mountain top.
Ah, fuck. Tis sucketh bad. I took joy in watching VeggieTales as a kid. To know that the man who was Bob the tomato gave into the Kool Aid and is now trying to promote this globohomo bullshit is pretty fruity.

This is truly a shit year. I lose Idubbbz, I lose Chuggaaconroy, and now I lose VEGGIETALES.

Kacho

I'm a sick Kong. I like a quick dong.
kiwifarms.net
This colorism/toneism has been around a long time. A while back I was working a job downtown where I had about 300 coworkers and 90% of them were black. About a third of that was in the department I was running and I shit you not one night a dark skinned black guy yelled out 'What's better y'all, dark skin or light skin?' and all the black people said 'DARK SKIN'. Except for the few light skinned ones of course. I know that sounds kind of fake but it did happen. The black community sees light skinned blacks as basically being white and correlates it with being nerdy or fruity.

Ginger Piglet

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Everyone who mentions reading it is 75% likely to be either a pretentious wanker or one of those quirky pretend-bisexual chicks.
I think it exists as a lithmus paper of sorts.
I could see myself becoming a pretentious wanker at the time I read it. It has that sort of smugness about it but there are some actually quite good bits. The Doll's House arc is quite good. Actually, the first three volumes are generally okay. After that ol' Neil wired up the CPAP machine to his rectum and inhaled deeply and thus we ended up with A Game of You (which is pretentious as well as problematic), and the Orpheus / Kindly Ones storyline, which was "lol look at me and how well read I am, but with capeshit thrown in." Of the later issues, only Ramadan really sticks out as being noteworthy. The rest careens between pseudointellectualism and edgelording. Like the issue where the man from the planet of morticians refers to having lost his virginity on a gravestone, and "I spilt my seed on cold, dead marble." See what I mean.

As for the person who first introduced it to me? Yep, you guessed it, it was THAT school friend. The one who went to Oxford, got a BA in English Literature, trooned out, and now spends his time drawing stony pictures of dickgirls and posting pseudish crap on twatter.

QE fuckin' D.

It's a bit like how people whose favourite band is Pantera are 75% likely to be wannabe tough guys.

(Oh shit. I quite like Pantera.)

Tags
None