Creative works you enjoyed until politics happened - "How politics made me hate Welcome to Nightvale and other things"

Kot Johansson

kot
kiwifarms.net
For me, it's any creative work that includes any type of anthropomorphic animals, the furry fandom were pioneers of ruining things with both degeneracy and politics, and since they try to appropriate any work that includes anthropomorphic animals in it I just don't really want to come anywhere close to them.
A lot of people have said this before, but gaming has also been ruined with politics because of gamergate and stuff like that, I don't think I need to elaborate further on that.
Also, I don't know if it counts as 'creative', but software has been run to the ground by wokeness, a lot of open-source projects have been pozzed with inclusive language and codes of conduct, and pretty much every software company tries to make itself look "inclusive", to the point where it negatively impacts the product (I'm looking at you, Mozilla).
Then Phil Vischer, the creator, decided to go woke, claiming that he wouldn't be in the place where he was today if he hadn't been born white. Typical self-flagelating garbage coming from a position of success. It's an obvious virtue signal from someone who has already experienced the mountain top.
I watched the whole video and it's followup and I didn't really hear anything that could be considered self-flagellating (the closest I heard to something like that was something regarding "collective responsibility" in the second vid), I don't think he wants to "go woke", rather it's more likely that he made it because VeggieTales was accused of being racist by some retarded college forum, and he didn't want to be seen as a racist individual, so he spoke out against racism (although he had already addressed it in his podcast).

Last edited:

Dave.

Not all heroes wear brass.
kiwifarms.net
I think probably the hardest thing a writer could do, and I know this is going to be strange to say because it sounds easy to do on paper, is making main characters and stories that involve politics or beliefs they themselves personally disagree with on a fundamental level. To make a character that's a complete deviation from what the author is on a fundamental level is pretty challenging not just in a preachy and propagandist manner, but on a subconscious level as well. Liberal super hero who believes in big government and takes responsibility for the actions of the people? Probably reflective of the author's personal views. A skinhead junkie who discovers in prison he has the power to rip people to shreds and uses it to kill other prisoners who are probably black or hispanic and fucks him over almost every day of his life? Probably the author exploring more difficult topics involving good and evil. That same skinhead could either be a full blown villain, or maybe he realizes there's people to protect and uses it for good despite societies disdain for him and condemnation of his beliefs.

Draza

BETRAYALLLLLLLLLLLL
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
View attachment 1537434
Bread tube still mad that Call of duty doing cold war.- Yuri Bezmenov red pilling the normies & Commies ass mad.
View attachment 1537439
The franchise that shows the utter brutality of war, and how war itself is used by those in power to mislead and trick people into killing each other is somehow Neo-con propaganda now?

You can make that case for the latest game, COD MW (Highway of Death, unrealistic Russian war crimes, gassing of civilians, etc.), but for past games is not even true at all.

Doctor Placebo

Somebody asked for brains?
kiwifarms.net
View attachment 1533283
Report: Wonder Woman 1984 Will Feature Parallels Between Donald Trump And Villain Maxwell Lord, The Main Enemy Is Capitalism

As for Diana’s reaction to this? Gadot explains that she sees all the “bad things that that are being done in order to get to the top. I think she doesn’t like that so much: the price that people are willing to pay in order to achieve whatever it is they want to achieve. But other than this, I think [Diana] loves the ’80s. Great hair, she’s rocking the hair and styles, it’s great.”

Interestingly enough, Romano would describe these bad things as “greed” providing evidence that his initial description of the film’s main villain as capitalism in actuality is greed, two different concepts.

Donald Trump and Maxwell Lord
Romano would then detail that the film will have parallels to Donald Trump through the character of Maxwell Lord. He makes this connection while referencing a meeting with the

He writes, “Expect parallels between Max and Trump. Photos of the fired reality TV star with a trail of bankruptcy filings adorn costume designer Lindy Hemming’s work space.”

Hemming also notes that the parallel exists. She tells Romano that Lord’s costumes are inspired by Trump. She then adds, “Well, that’s helpful to look at, isn’t it? There is something about the period of Donald Trump and being a businessman, of being rather sleazy a little bit, and a bit goofy and a lot of talk. So that’s why he’s there. There’s more but I ought to just…” Romano claims she doesn’t finish her sentence.

Romano would then return to Jenkins’ initial comments as he details that the film might be set in 1984, but it’s really about what was happening in the United States in 2017 and 2018.

What do you make of this report from Collider regarding Wonder Woman 1984 and its parallels with Donald Trump? What do you make of capitalism being the villain of the film?
What I make of it is one less ticket sale. Get new material.

Newsflash, big budget movie made solely for capitalistic purposes by a capitalistic private enterprise says capitalism is bad, actress getting paid millions of dollars to look pretty on screen agrees with the message
If they really meant any of it, they should donate all the profits.

Dave.

Not all heroes wear brass.
kiwifarms.net
If they really meant any of it, they should donate all the profits.
Kind of goes back to Impotent Rage of GTA V. He's some rich billionaire who believes in giving to the poor and taxing the rich but he funnels money in foreign territories where taxation can't affect his income so essentially none of his profits actually go to the lower class. Also he's a lazy fuck who makes his own schedules and chooses to work shorter days for no reason and out of boredom he looks for stuff to be pissed at.

The Shadow

Edgy two gun mystery man
kiwifarms.net
The franchise that shows the utter brutality of war, and how war itself is used by those in power to mislead and trick people into killing each other is somehow Neo-con propaganda now?

You can make that case for the latest game, COD MW (Highway of Death, unrealistic Russian war crimes, gassing of civilians, etc.), but for past games is not even true at all.
They've been calling it things like that for a while. MovieBlob called COD: MW a "9/11 revenge simulator" around 2012 or so despite not having played it (bad guys in 1 are Russian IIRC, bad guys in 2 are Russian AND American). They fap vigorously to anything that openly criticizes that though, see Spec Ops: The Line.

And in any case: no one buys Call of Duty for the Single Player campaign. Probably 95 percent of people buying yearly COD exclusively play multiplayer.

Ginger Piglet

Burglar of Jess Phillips MP
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
MovieBlob called COD: MW a "9/11 revenge simulator"
Yes, because we all know Russian ultranationalists were behind the attacks on the WTC. Is this some new and even more autistic form of 9/11 trutherism that even the "missiles wrapped in holograms" brigade think is stupid?

But I'm not surprised about SJWs getting screechy about it. Firstly, it's COD, so all its players are basically the lumpenproletariat in their view. Secondly, these are the same people who came up with the theory of the "Pewdiepipeline" which is that edgy humour on the internets is a slippery slope to mass shootings a la Christchurch.

Either way, when it sells like fuckery, which it will because it's COD, I will enjoy their tears of impotent rage. I won't be buying it though. I can't stand the modern military shooter. And it's Activision so it'll be full of loot boxes and pay to win.

Ginger Piglet

Burglar of Jess Phillips MP
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
View attachment 1544821
Welcome to your future!! :sadwaifu: :sadwaifu:
No. Please tell me they're not trying another reboot of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.

Look. Everyone remembers the 1987-96 cartoon because it was over the top and ridiculous. Yeah, it suffered from wobbly animation standards and though the Dregg and Mung serieses tried to give it a shot in the arm it had past its sell by date. They'll never get the magic of the original cartoon series back.

Also, this:

Notgoodwithusernames

My wife’s boyfriend is my son
kiwifarms.net
They've been calling it things like that for a while. MovieBlob called COD: MW a "9/11 revenge simulator" around 2012 or so despite not having played it (bad guys in 1 are Russian IIRC, bad guys in 2 are Russian AND American). They fap vigorously to anything that openly criticizes that though, see Spec Ops: The Line.

And in any case: no one buys Call of Duty for the Single Player campaign. Probably 95 percent of people buying yearly COD exclusively play multiplayer.
Hell in the original trilogy you only fight middle easterners in the first act (and you also alternate between fighting them as the americas and fighting the ultrantionalists as the SAS and an AC130) after which theyre discarded in favor of solely fighting the ultranationalists, and the first level of modern warfare after which your enemies consist of a BrazilianGang, The Russian Military, Makarov's guys, and a rogue US spec ops unit.

CWCissey

Charming Man
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Funnily enough, Designated Survivor.

The first season was great and filled with intrigue, nuance and all the good hallmarks of a great political show. Second season was a bit more action orientated but still kind of interesting.

Third season comes along and suddenly the Republican Presidential candidate who was a respectful, amicable Old Southern gent became a raving loony screaming about demographic change and utilising biological warfare against American citizens. Plus President Kiefer's wife who died in the last season suddenly has a tranny sister who becomes a mother figure for the daughter.

And those fucking stupid 'ORDINARY PEOPLE SAY THIS' sections. UGH!

LinkinParkxNaruto[AMV]

I try so hard and got so far
kiwifarms.net
Tl;DR i am an ugly crab in a bucket and everything should be ugly, just like me, even escapist fantasy whose whole point is being unrealistic and idealized

Battlecruiser3000ad

greetings frum india i hate gays
kiwifarms.net
I do. When it gets cheap enough, of course. It's fun, and I have 0 interest in the MP.

I just want a campaign where I get to be in the Ultranationalists ;_;

Tags
None