Creative works you enjoyed until politics happened - "How politics made me hate Welcome to Nightvale and other things"

I Love Beef

お前わもう。。。。。満でるー!!!!
kiwifarms.net
I know I am going to regret asking this, but why is Anime on one of the shirts? What is their problem with anime?
Because anime fans are "purists" and "elitist nerds who are culturally appropriating animation from another country", as said by the decadent hair dyed suburbanite white woman who is really straight but claims themselves as gender fluid and thinks anime should refer to all animation as in Japan like a true faggot weeaboo.

Also:

Having love and respect for the original genre really is key, and I agree that it's something western media is sorely lacking right now. I think another example of this is that Japanese parodies often seem to work by taking the genuine elements or structure of a genre and inserting silly, irreverent, or absurd stuff into it, whereas modern western parodies just seem to rely on making fun of tropes and throwing in some edgy or gross humor. Even if the creators claim that they actually love the thing they're parodying, the parody itself always gives off this vibe of "this thing is so stupid, and I'm way too cool for it".

I definitely get that same feeling from a lot of Tumblr artists who claim to be anime fans, and the creator of this show. It's as if they like the idea of anime in the sense that they want to enjoy something animated and geeky that other self-professed geeks like, but they don't actually enjoy anime, which is why they're constantly trying to convert characters to their own lumpy art style to "fix" them and coming up with headcanons and alternate universes.

The basic SJW opinion of all media seems to be "I want to like this thing because it would give me hipster cred, but I don't actually like it the way it is. You need to change it around so I like it more."
As a song told me, "Fake MCs outta hang em higha". And in this case, fake anime artists ought to hang them higher.

Clockwork_PurBle

Did anyone catch the game last night?
kiwifarms.net
When I meet new people they ask the kind of shows I like to watch, or people I already know ask if I'm watching anything good. I say, "I don't really watch anything," and it's not a complete lie. I do watch things, but it's either docu-style tv shows or old stuff. There are several reasons why this is the case for me, but one of them is knowing probably every new show is either gonna be woke from the beginning or get pozzed and then ruined for me.

Granted there have been shows in recent memory that I've been interested in seeing but didn't watch them because I did not have the time (a couple of streamed shows) or did not get that channel (Prodigal Son). Those are 2 more reasons.

Terrifik

kiwifarms.net
1603084141761.png

1603084170839.png

1603084200508.png

TLDR: Picture below : It should not matter t's how the story telling helps the charcter. *sigh*

1603084268751.png

1603084112320.png

Panthera Rosea

You never know when you're about to get raped.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Yeah he did a whole black out for black lives matter thing during lockdown. Paused his content releases and had a white guilt self imposed struggle session instead
Same with Andrew Zimmern.

Really awkward to see him tryna use ebonics slang on that ABC fundraiser special back in July while cooking with a black woman.

Reactions: Clockwork_PurBle

Corn Flakes

KHORNE FOR THE KHORNE FLAKES
kiwifarms.net

Aaa0aaa0

Internet Riddle Enthusiast
kiwifarms.net
Clearly, the solution is to not write female characters in 2020.

It's a strange game. The only winning move is not to play.
Imo the best way to get around it is to either be a woman or troon out. The former might get you the "internal misogony" card, but everyone woke walks on eggshells for trans people because if they imply a trans woman wrote a woman bad, then the trans woman is a man and will kill herself for being misgendered.

As someone who actually owns a vagina I just power through and write women how I want because I'm a spiteful bitch, but I feel for men :(

Safir

目が覚めて落ちぶれろ
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

REGENDarySumanai

The only good goblin is a dead goblin!
Local Moderator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Sakigake!! Otokojuku on GameBoy. According to his review, the anime and manga is about teenage delinquents in a reform school. So I'm guessing it's the latter.

Though wikipedia says this.

So it could be the former.

In either case, I doubt those themes would be present in a LJN tier anime licence game for GameBoy.
Otokojuku is a parody of far right Japanese nationalism. For fuck's sake, the principal rides his goddamn tank to a normal high school and manages to destroy the entire school under the guise of making a film. There's one part where the first year students have to put a stamp on the principal's head.

Judge Dredd

Senior Layout Artist
kiwifarms.net
Several cooking shows I've taken off sub and vindictively tell YouTube I'm not interested in when they push the recommendations. All because they started to let woke creep in this summer.
How does cooking become "problematic" or "woke"? Is it like ResetEra having a moral crisis whenever they see a world foods isle?

I don't give a fuck about whatever cause they're trying to reinforce with their games these days.
Neither do Blizzard. I think it was Blizzard who would make a character gay, or bi, or trans, whenever there was some controversy, but in the international versions the characters are still straight and cis.

Because anime fans are "purists" and "elitist nerds who are culturally appropriating animation from another country", as said by the decadent hair dyed suburbanite white woman who is really straight but claims themselves as gender fluid and thinks anime should refer to all animation as in Japan like a true faggot weeaboo.
I think it's more they tried to re-write translations to inject politics and memes, and kept getting called out for it.