Creepy Unsolved Mysteries - From unsolved murders to unidentified people to unexplained supernatural events, what are some of the creepiest unsolved mysteries you've ever heard of?

Bunny Tracks

Nothing equals the splendor
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Lost Boy Larry: This one creeps me out the most. Back in 1973, New Mexico, there were several disturbing and frantic CB radio calls allegedly coming from a seven-year-old boy named Larry. Larry claimed that he and his father had been in a car accident after his father had collapsed at the wheel and that he and his father were both currently stuck upside down inside their overturned red pickup truck. Those who actually spoke to Larry were adamant that he was a real child and in desperate need of help, while others claim that Larry's inability to answer basic questions like what his last name was, or what town he was from proved the whole situation to be a hoax.

Similarly, others have pointed out that if the truck was truly upside down the CB radio would not be working as the antenna would've been broken, or the very least, have been compromised to the point where it wouldn't have worked. Another common criticism is that that the calls wouldn't have been able to reach as far as they did to California and Wyoming if the car was upside down because of the above-mentioned reason, and finally, that the batteries would've died long before the final calls stopped emerging. Lastly, despite the confirmed sighting of a red pickup truck in the area, a search turned up nothing. The calls last five days before finally ceasing, and Larry was never found. Nearly 47 years later, it's still unknown whether, or not this was a true child in grave danger, or just a sickeningly cruel prank.

The Vanishing of Asha Degree: Asha Degree was a nine-year-old girl who seemingly willingly left her house in the middle of the night during a violent downpour on February 14th, 2000. Asha was a shy, and well-behaved girl who came from a loving home with kind, and hardworking parents and had no known reason to ever run away. Still, the young girl backed up her things, and fled the house one stormy night. While she was seen by multiple cars as she walked by her lonesome self down the highway, only one motorist went back to see what a young girl was doing out alone so late at night and in such horrible weather. The last sighting of Asha was by the motorist who reportedly saw her fleeing into the woods, and while candy wrappers and other items of hers like her backpack and its contents have been found, Asha herself has never been seen again.

Who is Delta Dawn and Who Killed Her?: Delta Dawn is the name given to an unidentified 18-month-old toddler whose body was found near a delta near the Escatawpa River on December 5th, 1982. According to several eyewitnesses, Dawn, or at least another toddler greatly resembling Dawn, was seen in the custody of a distressed-looking young woman who was carrying her along Mississippi State Highway 63 two days prior. Despite her distressed state, the woman ardently turned down any and all attempts and offers for help by passing motorists.

Two days later, a truck driver reported seeing an adult female's body floating face-down in a river near a bridge in the area. Investigators searched the scene and found no such thing, but upon investing by the bridge itself, found little Delta Dawn's body lying lifeless and partially submerged in the water. Another search of the area did not turn up the body of an adult woman, but rather the skeletal remains of an 18-22-year-old black male, and to this day, neither he, Delta Dawn, the woman she was with, nor the adult woman the truck driver claimed to see floating in the river have ever been identified.

Last edited:

big baby jesus

Deader than the parents on "Party Of Five"
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Alien encounters or hauntings that have somewhat more evidence to them than just the testimony of who they happened to. It's a big stretch to believe these things, I know I always don't but they can be very interesting. It's not always the person making it up or just after money.

An Account

kiwifarms.net
Alien encounters or hauntings that have somewhat more evidence to them than just the testimony of who they happened to. It's a big stretch to believe these things, I know I always don't but they can be very interesting. It's not always the person making it up or just after money.
Exhibit A. The Battle of Los Angles. It's almost too perfect. I don't personally believe in alien visitation but the picture is just striking.
4219c9728a06ccc1bb0d31b383882df4.png

epigenes

kiwifarms.net
honestly I'm surprised unsolved murder mysteries aren't more popular on KF. the site's obsession with gossip seems like a natural fit, it'd probably draw in a larger user base if there was a dedicated board for it considering how many women people obsess over the topic

Gar For Archer

kiwifarms.net
I used to be super creeped out by these kinds of unsolved mysteries, until I came across a few videos describing “unsolved mysteries” that later ended up being resolved, and it turns out that a lot of the time, it’s a completely mundane explanation.

The one that stuck out in my head was this guy who just disappeared off the face of the earth one night with seemingly no motive for running away, no sign of his car either. A decade after his disappearance, some guy browsing Google Maps saw a strange shadow in a pond and called the property’s owner, and after investigation they dredged up the guy’s car from the pond with his skeleton inside. Turns out that he’d accidentally driven into the pond on his way home, and that was that.

Another thing worth noting is that even with the Internet, actually identifying bodies isn’t exactly easy. The Grateful Doe case exemplified this for me: some guy was in a car accident and was unidentified for 20 years, until 2015 where photos of a similar-looking guy were found on Facebook and it turned out to be a DNA match.

I guess the scariest (or saddest) part is realizing that there’s probably a lot of people out there who COULD just disappear, and nobody would really be there to worry about where they’ve gone to.

Pineapple Fox

For conversations sake
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Years ago I listened to this podcast from Binnall of America where he interviewed a Kendall Carver who runs the site, International Cruise Victims. It paints a horrifying look into how many people go missing on cruise ships and the amount of crime on them, its staggering and I will never set foot on a cruise ship 😬 Its also super interesting and a very deep rabbit hole to go into.

Disappearance of Rebecca Coriam
Early on the morning of 22 March 2011, Rebecca Coriam (born 11 March 1987), a British crewmember on the cruise ship Disney Wonder, was captured by CCTV in the crew lounge, having a phone conversation that appeared to be causing her some emotional difficulty. Several hours later, she missed the beginning of her work shift and could not be located anywhere aboard the ship, then off the Pacific coast of Mexico. Her disappearance was the first such incident in the history of Disney Cruise Line.[1]

The case remains under investigation, and her whereabouts since the phone conversation have not been established. Her parents have been critical of Disney's handling of the investigation, believing the company knows more than it claims to and has been more interested in avoiding unfavourable publicity than cooperating with investigators. Her family settled a lawsuit against Disney out of court in 2016.[2]

The Coriams have been supported by British government officials, who have instituted policies allowing for more comprehensive investigations of such incidents in the future, and advocates for the relatives of many other crew and passengers who have been reported missing from cruise ships over the last decade. There are claims that Disney has more extensive evidence than it has so far admitted, and have been accused of instigating a cover-up

Article - The dark side of cruises

Last edited:

Return of the Freaker

【FOREVER FORNEVER】
kiwifarms.net
The YOGTZE case

An out of work food engineer in West Germany named Gunther Stoll is freaked out about some unknown group stalking him and is contantly going on about it to his wife. On October 25th 1984, he yells "Now I've got it!", writes "YOG'TZE" on a piece of paper, and scratches it out. He drives off and visits a pub in another town. He falls and injures himself, but witnesses say he only had one beer and was clearly not intoxicated. He just suddenly lost conciousness.

Later he gets up and drives away. It's now 1 AM and he visits an old friend in his hometown. He mentions some "horrible accident" in the gap of time between him leaving the bar and meeting his friend. He then leaves to visit his parents on his friend's advice.

His car was found by two truckers at 3AM crashed in a ditch on the A45 Autobahn. Gunther is found in the car, but both truckers say there was a man in a white jacket walking around the car before disappearing. Gunther was completely naked. He claimed there were four men with him and that they weren't friends. He died on the way to the hospital.

Investigators determined Gunther was injured beforehand, likely by being run over. He was likely placed in his car and driven to the crash site.

Chan Fan

Not Mossad
kiwifarms.net
The disappearance of Nicholas Barclay. He was never found and some creepy French man impersonated him and lived with his family for months. He was able to convince the family he was Nicholas and the family was oddly accepting of this man who looked nothing like Nicholas, leading some to believe the family knew Nicholas was dead and they used odd situation to cover up his possible murder

saralovesjuicyfruit

kiwifarms.net
OP, you had a lot of them I'd never heard of. I think the Asha Degree one is the weirdest to me because there doesn't seem to be any reason she would run away, especially not in the middle of a rain storm. However it's clear that she left because she wanted to rather than being abducted out of the house. Maybe this 9 year old was living a double life and the parents weren't as involved and aware as they thought they were, who knows.

I heard about a weird one recently, you can read about it in more detail here. Three young women were at the Indiana Dunes beach one day back in 1966. The couple sitting next to them on the beach saw them go out into the water and get on a boat, leaving their beach towels and purses behind. They never came back. Bunch of insane ties to a crazy horse-murdering insurance scheme and a candy heiress too. Worth a read.

The disappearance of Nicholas Barclay. He was never found and some creepy French man impersonated him and lived with his family for months. He was able to convince the family he was Nicholas and the family was oddly accepting of this man who looked nothing like Nicholas, leading some to believe the family knew Nicholas was dead and they used odd situation to cover up his possible murder

I saw the documentary about that back in 2014 or so and I believe that they murdered him too, something with the mother and (I think it was) the older brother. I don't think the older sister was involved or that she really even knew for sure, and that's why she wanted to believe it was him so badly. I think the mom was just a scummy idiot who was relieved to have the cover, and I remember the impostor said that he could tell the older brother knew he was an impostor and even told him "good luck" at one point.

The Dude

Bro, don't even bro, bro.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Not one single mystery (at least on the surface), but the disappearances covered in the Missing 411 series of books and films really fascinates me. Every case involved has circumstances that make them stand out from other disappearances. The person is there one moment, then gone the next. They all have happened in either national parks or forests. The area they disappear in usually is close to granite, often in or near granite bolder fields. Search and rescue dogs are unable to track them. Clothing is often found removed, or if the person/body is found their clothing is on wrong or inside-out. If a body is found it's often far away from the point of disappearance and in an area not easily accessible. If a body is found the cause of death cannot be determined. Sudden weather usually follows the disappearance, often counter to projected forecasts. If the person is found alive they can't remember what happened to them or what they did while they were missing. And if their body is found it's often in an area that has been previously and thoroughly searched before, as if placed there to be found.

One of my other favorite mysteries is the Skinwalker Ranch. A family buys the ranch and reports several bizarre phenomena happening, from ghosts, to UFOs, to Sasquatch-like beings, to giant wolves that appear tame and allow the family to pet them, then turn around and attack a calf in a pen and doesn’t react to being shot with magnum handguns and rifles. Aerospace billionaire Robert Bigelow buys the ranch and sets up a group of scientists to observe and document the phenomena. The US Government takes an interest and contacts Bigelow to allow government scientists to come observe and document the phenomena. The scientists documented all kinds of phenomena, corroborating what the family reported, and other things like orbs of colored light, creatures exiting out of portals, voices and strange music coming out of thin air, and more. I've actually been up to the property line, and the place definitely has a vibe that you can feel. Like the air is charged with an oppressive energy.

Consenticles

Sic semper tyrannis, Death to tyrants!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The Delphi Murders. Two girls go to a park, cross this old raised bridge, one that used to have trains run across it. They take loads of pics, everything up to the moment of the event is actually documented. Adult that is picking them up notices they are late and nowhere to be seen. A search party is called, and they find the bodies.

Law enforcement is pretty hush hush about it, kind of vague as to if the girls have been assaulted and even how they died.

But the kicker is the last video uploaded by the girls. They are nervously pointing the camera at a man approaching them on this raised bridge platform. It is a narrow walkway, so their paths are without a doubt going to intersect.

But it gets even crazier: the gigs apparently had the awareness to capture another video of this stranger interacting with them. Like most details in the case, police havent ever release footage of this, just a very very short bit of audio, of the man saying "Down the hill" - likely in reference to commanding them to go down a hill at one end of the bridge, not far from where the bodies were found.

Unfortunately despite a grainy, yet decent still of the man, as well as this voice recording, they have no idea who is responsible. The park is apparently very close to a highway, which juts across the state , so the perpetrator likely got out of there in a matter of minutes, long before the red flags were raised. Another thing to note is that the parking lot entrance to the park was empty, though there are a few nearby lots, but you would have to know the area and where to cut through the woods in order to utilize these.

Some good info can be found on r/DelphiMurders

────────

Detailed Timeline of the case

A detailed timeline is maintained on a separate subreddit and can be accessed at the following link.

Click here to be taken to part one of the Delphi Murders Timeline to get started.

────────

Media and Imagery of the suspect Bridge Guy, commonly known as BG

Video was recovered from Libby's cell phone providing police with images and audio of a suspect who is commonly known as Bridge Guy, or BG for short. For more initials, go here.

Here is the official image of BG.

Here is the first police sketch, circa 2017-2019.

Here's the new sketch, considered the primary POI, circa 2019.

Law Enforcement has asked the public not to alter or edit the official images of BG.

Recording of BG saying "down the hill".

Recording released 4/22/19 including "guys".

────────

April 22, 2019 Press Conference Updates

ISP Press Conference - YouTube

Motion video

Audio files

New sketch

New 'Face' of the Delphi Murder Suspect

─────

FACTS

• Sheriff Leazenby stated the attack was not on video. Reddit source

• The girls were found 50 feet from the north bank of Deer Creek, approximately 1/2 mile from where Kelsi dropped them off. Reddit source

• Libby’s phone pinged on two different towers. This does not mean her phone moved around town. Reddit source

• Abby and Libby’s obituaries have different dates of death listed. This does not mean the girls died on different dates. Their families each decided on a different day. Reddit source

• Libby German’s aunt Amanda is not related to Jimmy Duval Reddit source

• The transcript of the police scanner audio is falsified. The police scanner audio is authentic. Greeno has taken responsibility for the fake transcript. Reddit source

• The Indiana State Police did not get involved until Tuesday, 2/14/17 when Delphi LE asked for a helicopter. Reddit source Libby reset her phone a few days before the murders, according to Becky Patty. Reddit source

• Kelsi German dropped Abby and Libby off at the entrance to W 300 N, not the main parking area to enter the trails. Reddit source *Law enforcement has not revealed the exact causes of death. Reddit source

• Kelsi German did not see anyone at the entrance to W 300 N, but there were apparently other people there that day. Reddit source

UNVERIFIED

• After the murders, a witness posted on a relative of Libby's Facebook page that she may have seen an individual in Montgomery County walking down a back road who resembled "Bridge Guy" and was in the same clothing, carrying a duffel bag. Screenshots of this exist, but it is unknown if this sighting is true or related. Reddit source

RUMORS

• Libby’s wounds were more extensive than Abby’s. There is absolutely no way to know this as officials have been very tight lipped about causes of death and no autopsy reports have leaked. Reddit source

• The girls were found by a relative of Abby’s who sent texts describing their injuries to a few people. A screenshot does exist, but its authenticity is unknown and unverified. Reddit source

• It has been stated the girls had open casket funerals and wore scarves. No photos or verifiable firsthand descriptions exist to prove this. Reddit source

• A young male at the abandoned CPS building told a witness he did not need help and was waiting for his father. Reddit source

• The girls described "Bridge Guy" as creepy or said, "he's right behind me, isn't he?" Reddit source

• Lots of people ask if BG reads the subreddit or if he's an active reddit user. There's no way to know and there's no evidence of it, but many people believe that he has read the sub. Conventional wisdom would hold that he's searched for news about himself online.

Thank you to the following users for their original contributions to this section: /u/Allaris87 /u/chatnlk /u/Equidae2 /u/imnakeymommy /u/iowanaquarist /u/JimWarren94 /u/MeanMeana /u/Niven42 /u/Ocval /u/redchampers /u/RoutineSubstance /u/speculativerealist /u/sunzusunzusunzusunzu. This section edited by /u/sunzusunzusunzusunzu.

────────

News Links

Delphi murders: After 3 years with no arrests, police say case isn't cold

Down the Hill: New True Crime Podcast Examines Mysterious 2017 Indiana Crimes

'Epitome of evil': Delphi double murder still a mystery 3 years later

What are the Delphi Murders

Three Years Later: Everything we know about the murders of Libby German & Abby Williams in Delphi

Taking this directly from the reddit group, which is relatively well run. Apologies for formatting, I am on mobile.

The part that bugs me a out this one is that we have so much evidence, yet it feels like they arent ever going to solve it. It is chilling that the girls were aware enough of the danger to capture their last moments on video.

John Waters Art Bong

Patty Hitler told me everything.
kiwifarms.net
The disappearance of Relisha Rudd is one that I check up on from time to time. Relisha's case got a lot of attention, even some national attention at the time that it happened, but seems to have been mostly forgotten. She and her mother lived at a shelter in DC. One day, Relisha quit showing up at school and her mother told the school Relisha was having health problems and was in the care of a 'Dr. Tatum.' The school couldn't contact this doctor, so the school (not her mom) then filed a missing persons report. It was found out later that 'Dr. Tatum' was Kalil Tatum, who wasn't a doctor, but some janitor who worked at the shelter. There's CCTV footage of this guy taking Relisha to some motels and not too long after, he was seen purchasing a shovel, lime and 42-gallon trash bags. Then Tatum's wife was found murdered (presumably by him) and later he was found dead of an apparent suicide. Odds are Relisha is dead, but because so is the guy who abducted her, we'll never know for sure or the details of what happened. I remember there being some talk of the mother being involved or a sex trafficking angle. Just a really creepy, sad story.

tehpope

Archivist
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The Robison murders. Its weird. His family was vacationing up in the woods and someone killed them. They weren't discovered for days. It was then found out the father was into some weird stuff.

Timmothy Pitzen's case is strange. His mom took him out of class. They went on a small roadtrip to a waterpark. The Mom is seen checking in with the Kid, but he just disappears. Then the mom killers herself. She wrote in her suicide not that Tim is "with people who would love and care for him" and "You'll never find him". IIRC, some Teen showed up a few years ago saying he was Tim, but his DNA wasn't a match.

honestly I'm surprised unsolved murder mysteries aren't more popular on KF. the site's obsession with gossip seems like a natural fit, it'd probably draw in a larger user base if there was a dedicated board for it considering how many women people obsess over the topic
I remember this being popular on YT a few years ago. Then the Adpocalypse happened and no one wants to put ads on Morbid shit. A few creators either stopped making content or just went the way of Normie tier shit. There's still people who make content but they're largely unadvertised and unrecommended.

saralovesjuicyfruit

kiwifarms.net
The Robison murders. Its weird. His family was vacationing up in the woods and someone killed them. They weren't discovered for days. It was then found out the father was into some weird stuff.

Timmothy Pitzen's case is strange. His mom took him out of class. They went on a small roadtrip to a waterpark. The Mom is seen checking in with the Kid, but he just disappears. Then the mom killers herself. She wrote in her suicide not that Tim is "with people who would love and care for him" and "You'll never find him". IIRC, some Teen showed up a few years ago saying he was Tim, but his DNA wasn't a match.

I remember this being popular on YT a few years ago. Then the Adpocalypse happened and no one wants to put ads on Morbid shit. A few creators either stopped making content or just went the way of Normie tier shit. There's still people who make content but they're largely unadvertised and unrecommended.

You've got me curious -- why'd you cross out that first part? I'm trying to find info on it and I wonder what you were getting at.

tehpope

Archivist
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
You've got me curious -- why'd you cross out that first part? I'm trying to find info on it and I wonder what you were getting at.
I crossed it out because after looking into it again for 5 seconds, it just seems like a standard murder case. Still wanted to leave it in. Nothing cryptic.

From my memory, there was this element of strangeness since the father was communicating with some illuminati esque group located within in his town. IIRC he wanted to open up an international airport in his town or the town over. And the funding was going to come to some strange investor. They never found out who this other dude was. The communications with the dude were cryptic as fuck. When I saw Rob Dyke's video on it a few years ago, that was the strangest part of the mystery. But it just seems now that the Robison family was murdered due to a guy at the father's company embezzling money. The father had a heated argument with the embezzler the day of the murder over the phone. The guy drove up and killed them all. Rob's video made it seem like there was a few hours inbetween the phone calls, the murder, and the embezzler's alibi. Basically it was too small for the guy to have drove and killed them. So it could have been some coverup with the investor(s) or whatever. But looking again, it seems like more info came out a year or so ago that put's the phone call at the beginning of the day and the murder in the evening. The wife of the Embezzler even mentioned he missed dinner. So there was plenty of time for him to have drove up, killed the family, and drove home.

Also the guy who embezzled the money killed himself a few years after the Robison murders.

Bunny Tracks

Nothing equals the splendor
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Although I know that this mystery is likely a hoax, prank, or weird scam, it always freaks me out.

Strange, creepy phone calls always freak me out, too. The two examples that scare me the most are the Ruth Price 911 call, a call that to this day no one knows if it's real, and the "Help me, help me, Suzie's dying," phone number that you could call back in the UK during the '70s, '80s, and '90s.
Fun fact about the Ruth Price call that leads credence to it being real-The album Hate Culture by disgusting sexpest William Control had a version of his song, London Town, that featured the infamous phone call at the end of it. This resulted in the album having to be recalled and song having to be edited to no longer contain the disturbing audio.

Admittedly, I can't find any proof of this outside of a random reddit comment about the Ruth Price call, but I still think it holds water given the fact that later issues of the album do feature an edited version of the song, and you can still find the original version on Youtube. The call starts at 7:39.
Another thing that leads to it being real is that the call version in the song itself garbles out Ruth's last name, and address, giving the implication that they were trying to protect a real person's identity.

Last edited: