Creepy Unsolved Mysteries - From unsolved murders to unidentified people to unexplained supernatural events, what are some of the creepiest unsolved mysteries you've ever heard of?

tehpope

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
These are just strange ARG things.

The Wyoming Incident. It started as a collection of videos that were apparently broadcast on TV. Someone hijacked a TV broadcast in Wyoming and showed some videos. It then lead into some strange ARG with Roman mythology and summoning demons or some shit. On a forum that was apparently used before this as a community for serial killers. Apparently in regard to the ARG, not IRL. Its not 100% dead, as someone is still interested in stringing people along still all these years later. For what reason, no one knows. Its all strange.

Erratas. Its apparently some sort of filtering system made for mass surveillance or something. Its just strange

Edit: I'll add Richey Edwards' disappearance. To this day it's not clear if he just killed himself (his car was found near the bridge) or just run away to live a quiet life (he talked about fame being too exhausting for him). No body was found, but in 2008 he was declared dead.

IIRC, the band still puts any royalties Richey has earned since then into a back account, just in case he shows up.

Last edited:

Trombonista

This isn't about Tina!
Global Moderator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

Horus

Rawdog is the lawdog.
kiwifarms.net
The Delphi Murders. Two girls go to a park, cross this old raised bridge, one that used to have trains run across it. They take loads of pics, everything up to the moment of the event is actually documented. Adult that is picking them up notices they are late and nowhere to be seen. A search party is called, and they find the bodies.

Law enforcement is pretty hush hush about it, kind of vague as to if the girls have been assaulted and even how they died.

But the kicker is the last video uploaded by the girls. They are nervously pointing the camera at a man approaching them on this raised bridge platform. It is a narrow walkway, so their paths are without a doubt going to intersect.

But it gets even crazier: the gigs apparently had the awareness to capture another video of this stranger interacting with them. Like most details in the case, police havent ever release footage of this, just a very very short bit of audio, of the man saying "Down the hill" - likely in reference to commanding them to go down a hill at one end of the bridge, not far from where the bodies were found.

Unfortunately despite a grainy, yet decent still of the man, as well as this voice recording, they have no idea who is responsible. The park is apparently very close to a highway, which juts across the state , so the perpetrator likely got out of there in a matter of minutes, long before the red flags were raised. Another thing to note is that the parking lot entrance to the park was empty, though there are a few nearby lots, but you would have to know the area and where to cut through the woods in order to utilize these.

Some good info can be found on r/DelphiMurders

────────

Detailed Timeline of the case

A detailed timeline is maintained on a separate subreddit and can be accessed at the following link.

Click here to be taken to part one of the Delphi Murders Timeline to get started.

────────

Media and Imagery of the suspect Bridge Guy, commonly known as BG

Video was recovered from Libby's cell phone providing police with images and audio of a suspect who is commonly known as Bridge Guy, or BG for short. For more initials, go here.

Here is the official image of BG.

Here is the first police sketch, circa 2017-2019.

Here's the new sketch, considered the primary POI, circa 2019.

Law Enforcement has asked the public not to alter or edit the official images of BG.

Recording of BG saying "down the hill".

Recording released 4/22/19 including "guys".

────────

April 22, 2019 Press Conference Updates

ISP Press Conference - YouTube

Motion video

Audio files

New sketch

New 'Face' of the Delphi Murder Suspect

─────

FACTS

• Sheriff Leazenby stated the attack was not on video. Reddit source

• The girls were found 50 feet from the north bank of Deer Creek, approximately 1/2 mile from where Kelsi dropped them off. Reddit source

• Libby’s phone pinged on two different towers. This does not mean her phone moved around town. Reddit source

• Abby and Libby’s obituaries have different dates of death listed. This does not mean the girls died on different dates. Their families each decided on a different day. Reddit source

• Libby German’s aunt Amanda is not related to Jimmy Duval Reddit source

• The transcript of the police scanner audio is falsified. The police scanner audio is authentic. Greeno has taken responsibility for the fake transcript. Reddit source

• The Indiana State Police did not get involved until Tuesday, 2/14/17 when Delphi LE asked for a helicopter. Reddit source Libby reset her phone a few days before the murders, according to Becky Patty. Reddit source

• Kelsi German dropped Abby and Libby off at the entrance to W 300 N, not the main parking area to enter the trails. Reddit source *Law enforcement has not revealed the exact causes of death. Reddit source

• Kelsi German did not see anyone at the entrance to W 300 N, but there were apparently other people there that day. Reddit source

UNVERIFIED

• After the murders, a witness posted on a relative of Libby's Facebook page that she may have seen an individual in Montgomery County walking down a back road who resembled "Bridge Guy" and was in the same clothing, carrying a duffel bag. Screenshots of this exist, but it is unknown if this sighting is true or related. Reddit source

RUMORS

• Libby’s wounds were more extensive than Abby’s. There is absolutely no way to know this as officials have been very tight lipped about causes of death and no autopsy reports have leaked. Reddit source

• The girls were found by a relative of Abby’s who sent texts describing their injuries to a few people. A screenshot does exist, but its authenticity is unknown and unverified. Reddit source

• It has been stated the girls had open casket funerals and wore scarves. No photos or verifiable firsthand descriptions exist to prove this. Reddit source

• A young male at the abandoned CPS building told a witness he did not need help and was waiting for his father. Reddit source

• The girls described "Bridge Guy" as creepy or said, "he's right behind me, isn't he?" Reddit source

• Lots of people ask if BG reads the subreddit or if he's an active reddit user. There's no way to know and there's no evidence of it, but many people believe that he has read the sub. Conventional wisdom would hold that he's searched for news about himself online.

Thank you to the following users for their original contributions to this section: /u/Allaris87 /u/chatnlk /u/Equidae2 /u/imnakeymommy /u/iowanaquarist /u/JimWarren94 /u/MeanMeana /u/Niven42 /u/Ocval /u/redchampers /u/RoutineSubstance /u/speculativerealist /u/sunzusunzusunzusunzu. This section edited by /u/sunzusunzusunzusunzu.

────────

News Links

Delphi murders: After 3 years with no arrests, police say case isn't cold

Down the Hill: New True Crime Podcast Examines Mysterious 2017 Indiana Crimes

'Epitome of evil': Delphi double murder still a mystery 3 years later

What are the Delphi Murders

Three Years Later: Everything we know about the murders of Libby German & Abby Williams in Delphi

Taking this directly from the reddit group, which is relatively well run. Apologies for formatting, I am on mobile.

The part that bugs me a out this one is that we have so much evidence, yet it feels like they arent ever going to solve it. It is chilling that the girls were aware enough of the danger to capture their last moments on video.
Not to power level myself, But I live an hour away from where that happened, I remember that story blowing up all over the local media.

I will need to check out that subreddit you posted, as I have always been interested in the case. Personally, I have always thought drugs were involved somehow. Delphi is not far from West Lafayette, where Purdue University is at. Being a college town, it has a massive underground drug-scene, and I have always thought it was some random strung out junkie wandering the tracks that killed them.

Last edited:

Mr. ShadowCreek

kiwifarms.net
Lost colony of Roanoke - It was established in 1587 in current North Carolina. Gov John white went back to England for some new supplies as they were low. It also didn't help they had bad relations with the Indians. When he returned three years later he saw that the colony was gone. All the houses were missing, no one was there. The biggest clue was the word "Croatoan" that was carved into a tree. While many therories have popped up there is no answer. One theory is that they were captured by the natives. Another is that they got tired of waiting and moved to a different spot, possibly Croatian Island. Another is that they all died from disease, hunger, etc and the natives destroyed the town. Still over 400 years later and it's unsolved.

DrunkNDoziNDragN

Dragon for hire. Accepts: Gold, Booze, Mutton.
kiwifarms.net
Olivia Mabel.
This one is by far the scariest I have heard of, but since there isnt a lot of official info on it, theres doubt it really happened.

Basically, a woman lost her child in a drowning accident and went insane. Her and her husband broke up. She further retreated into isolation for years. One day, someone or something called the police from her house three times and they responded, finding Olivia dead inside, seemingly having been dead for weeks. The house was a disaster, extremely neglected except for her son, Aiden's room. That where they found her, dead in a rocking chair in front of a makeshift altar dedicated to her son. She was also clutching a doll that was made in the image of her son. The altar was seemingly made to contact her dead son through occult means.

Of course, the details are sketchy and slipshod. Especially about how long Olivia had supposedly been dead for. This is a decent source of info and has the photos that I have seen about this case before.

Bunny Tracks

You and I'll be safe and sound
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Olivia Mabel.
This one is by far the scariest I have heard of, but since there isnt a lot of official info on it, theres doubt it really happened.

Basically, a woman lost her child in a drowning accident and went insane. Her and her husband broke up. She further retreated into isolation for years. One day, someone or something called the police from her house three times and they responded, finding Olivia dead inside, seemingly having been dead for weeks. The house was a disaster, extremely neglected except for her son, Aiden's room. That where they found her, dead in a rocking chair in front of a makeshift altar dedicated to her son. She was also clutching a doll that was made in the image of her son. The altar was seemingly made to contact her dead son through occult means.

Of course, the details are sketchy and slipshod. Especially about how long Olivia had supposedly been dead for. This is a decent source of info and has the photos that I have seen about this case before.

I've heard of this case before, and while it is truly terrifying, it turned out to just be a case of viral marketing for a movie that never got made.

JuanButNotForgotten

Friendly Mexican Ghost
kiwifarms.net
Lost colony of Roanoke - It was established in 1587 in current North Carolina. Gov John white went back to England for some new supplies as they were low. It also didn't help they had bad relations with the Indians. When he returned three years later he saw that the colony was gone. All the houses were missing, no one was there. The biggest clue was the word "Croatoan" that was carved into a tree. While many therories have popped up there is no answer. One theory is that they were captured by the natives. Another is that they got tired of waiting and moved to a different spot, possibly Croatian Island. Another is that they all died from disease, hunger, etc and the natives destroyed the town. Still over 400 years later and it's unsolved.
I've heard, that they just moved away and lived with natives, but nobody mentions that, because it's not as sensational as "mystery of the lost colony". Just like a story about Mary Celeste. There are plenty of realistic explanations, but they are rarely presented and much more often it's blamed on something supernatural.

poggies

Control-freaks' Prize Trophy
kiwifarms.net
hey guys, not sure if its appropriate to post here but what are some youtubers/podcasters that you would recommend that cover unsolved cases? would love to hear it in the background while multitasking. TIA

Chan Fan

Quarantine Queen
kiwifarms.net
I can see flames
Olivia Mabel.

Before I read the post below this one, my guess for what happened was maybe someone broke into the house, saw the dead body and called the police to get someone to come to the house and remove the body without getting in trouble for breaking in

GenociderSyo

Syo
kiwifarms.net
hey guys, not sure if its appropriate to post here but what are some youtubers/podcasters that you would recommend that cover unsolved cases? would love to hear it in the background while multitasking. TIA
Been listening to trade evidence podcast:

glass_houses

Absolutely impartial.
kiwifarms.net
I used to have a hard drive full of podcasts and such until idiot me left my computer on in a lightning storm with no surge protector, didn't have the heart to chase them all up again. Off the top of my head on YouTube there's a couple different incarnations of True Crime Garage. There's the podcast Lore (highly recommended). The Mysterious Universe podcast, which is more meandering and tends to be more Yowie than serial killer if you get my meaning, but is still highly recommended. There was half a dozen serial killer ones I was following but frankly those sorts of horrors do tend to run together after a while. If you don't mind a little bit of a monotone to the voice there's Brief Case on YouTube, who does indeed tend to be brief but digs up some vintage prime crime.

Bender

I bend the truth.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The Tamam Shud case.

They haven't even identified the body, and there a bunch of weird shit going on involving a torn-out page from a rare copy of a book, all of his tags removed from his clothes and finding the rare copy of a book in a nearby car with a cypher written in it, which nobody has managed to crack.

Edit: Someone already posted it, I did a search but misspelt it, lol.

Last edited:

Bunny Tracks

You and I'll be safe and sound
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Rob Gavagan's Seriously Strange: Not all of his videos are about unsolved creepy mysteries, but a good chunk of them are.

Cayleigh Elise: Before she deleted her channel upon getting a new job, she was where I primarily learned about missing people, unsolved murders, and unidentified John and Jane Does. Fortunately, a channel has currently uploaded all her old content, and as of the writing of this post, all of it is available for viewing.

Unsolved Mysteries: The one that started it all, and they've fortunately uploaded all of their old episodes onto Youtube for free. There's also a reboot coming to Netflix this year, something I honestly can't wait for.

Tags
None