Creepy Unsolved Mysteries - From unsolved murders to unidentified people to unexplained supernatural events, what are some of the creepiest unsolved mysteries you've ever heard of?

GenociderSyo

Syo
kiwifarms.net
Rob Gavagan's Seriously Strange: Not all of his videos are about unsolved creepy mysteries, but a good chunk of them are.

Cayleigh Elise: Before she deleted her channel upon getting a new job, she was where I primarily learned about missing people, unsolved murders, and unidentified John and Jane Does. Fortunately, a channel has currently uploaded all her old content, and as of the writing of this post, all of it is available for viewing.

Unsolved Mysteries: The one that started it all, and they've fortunately uploaded all of their old episodes onto Youtube for free. There's also a reboot coming to Netflix this year, something I honestly can't wait for.
Ty for the cayleigh elise back up channel!

Mr. ShadowCreek

kiwifarms.net
The MV Joyita - On Oct 3rd, 1955 fter leaving Samoa with it's passengers and crew the ship disappeared. After a search many assumed it possibly sunk. It was soon found on Nov 10th, 1955 with the ship half submerged. All the people in it were gone. The ship was in bad shape with corroded pipes, broken windows, and a smashed bridge.. The radio was turned to the international maritime distress signal. The logbook, sextant, mechanical chronometer and firearms were missing and their were bloody bandages. The lifeboats were also gone. The clock was also stuck at 10:25. The lights were on meaning it was most likely at night.

There are some theories. One is that they were captured by the Japanese. It's thought they passed some Japanese fishing boats and saw something they weren't supposed to see.

Others think they were captured by modern pirates.

Some think it was just a freak accident and they fled.

Maura Murray - Maura was a collaged aged girl who disappeared on February 9th, 2004. The day before she said she had to take a week off for school because of a death in the family, this wasn't true as there was no death. She also told her boyfriend she preferred not to talk now but would call later. She took out $280 from here bank and bought $40 worth of alcohol. Her phone was last check at 4:37. She later crashed her car on a snowbank on Route 112 in Woodsville, NH. and a witness reported it. A bus driver saw her and offered her a ride but she said she called AAA. This was another lie. She also apparently pleaded him not to help. The bus driver left but did inform the cops. The cops showed up but Maura was gone. In her car were map quest direction, wine, and other belongings. Her search history on her computer show MapQuest history for multiple places. For years there was no more evidence and the case was going cold. On February 9th, 2012 a Youtube user named 112Dirtbag uploaded a video called "Happy Anniversary". 112 is a reference to Route 112 and dirtbag was what Maura's dad called her kidnappers. It showed a man whos real name is Aldon Olsen laughing maniacally for several seconds getting louder. He then stops and says "happy anniversary" and smiles. This isn't it. Another video shows a ticket to Bretton Woods Mountain Resort from Feb 11, 2004 titled "Maura Murray." Another one titled "No nope for mental wannabe" shows him playing music and is normal until the end. It shows a creepy drawing with a blinking eye. It's been speculated the face is a map of Bretton Woods resort and Maura's body is burred there. Olsen has talked about other disappences though and even had a blog on it. Some think he's involved while others think he's just crazy and wants attention.

Last edited:

Maskull

Your an ignorant idiot
kiwifarms.net
The MV Joyita - On Oct 3rd, 1955 fter leaving Samoa with it's passengers and crew the ship disappeared. After a search many assumed it possibly sunk. It was soon found on Nov 10th, 1955 with the ship half submerged. All the people in it were gone. The ship was in bad shape with corroded pipes, broken windows, and a smashed bridge.. The radio was turned to the international maritime distress signal. The logbook, sextant, mechanical chronometer and firearms were missing and their were bloody bandages. The lifeboats were also gone. The clock was also stuck at 10:25. The lights were on meaning it was most likely at night.

There are some theories. One is that they were captured by the Japanese. It's thought they passed some Japanese fishing boats and saw something they weren't supposed to see.

Others think they were captured by modern pirates.

Some think it was just a freak accident and they fled.
Reminds me of a recent maritime story in which a phone recording was posted to YouTube of several Fijian fishermen being shot to death. Several faces are caught on camera yet they still walk free and the dead will likely remain forever unidentified. This video brought to light claims that it's quite common for foreign vessels to make sport of Fijians on the high sea and I'm sure this is the case around the world.

Bravefart

kiwifarms.net
I'm not sure if this counts but I've always been fascinated byThe Lost Cosmonauts

The thought that Soviets who were killed in failed space missions were removed from all history just really bothers me for some reason.

We've all seen the famous photos where people were deleted as they fell out of favour with the Kremlin so even though there have been some proven hoaxes I wouldn't be surprised if there's something to it.

Although maybe that's because just thinking about people dying trapped in a tin can in outer space gives me the fear.

PootisMan

Prohet of Pootis #ProtectSection230
kiwifarms.net
I'm not sure if this counts but I've always been fascinated byThe Lost Cosmonauts

The thought that Soviets who were killed in failed space missions were removed from all history just really bothers me for some reason.

We've all seen the famous photos where people were deleted as they fell out of favour with the Kremlin so even though there have been some proven hoaxes I wouldn't be surprised if there's something to it.

Although maybe that's because just thinking about people dying trapped in a tin can in outer space gives me the fear.
I wonder if Suda was inspired by this and made the Soviet Cosmonaut boss you fight in NMH 2.

General Disarray

keyboard go brrrrrr
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
One of my other favorite mysteries is the Skinwalker Ranch. A family buys the ranch and reports several bizarre phenomena happening, from ghosts, to UFOs, to Sasquatch-like beings, to giant wolves that appear tame and allow the family to pet them, then turn around and attack a calf in a pen and doesn’t react to being shot with magnum handguns and rifles. Aerospace billionaire Robert Bigelow buys the ranch and sets up a group of scientists to observe and document the phenomena. The US Government takes an interest and contacts Bigelow to allow government scientists to come observe and document the phenomena. The scientists documented all kinds of phenomena, corroborating what the family reported, and other things like orbs of colored light, creatures exiting out of portals, voices and strange music coming out of thin air, and more. I've actually been up to the property line, and the place definitely has a vibe that you can feel. Like the air is charged with an oppressive energy.
I don't know if you know this, but the owner of the site, AboveTopSecret, went to the Ranch, you might want to search the many threads they have about the subject.

Here's his thread from his visit. Springer Visits Skinwalker Ranch

Chan Fan

Ancient astronaut theorists say "yes"
kiwifarms.net

YES I was going to talk about this and I'm so glad you mentioned it. There was an audio transmissions that bothers me like few things ever have -

Bunny Tracks

You and I'll be safe and sound
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

I've heard about this case too, and one the scariest things to me was that supposedly scientists from other countries were picking up frantic, and terrified radio signals and broadcasts from space of people begging for help. While it's speculated that they're probably fake because the Russian apparently sounds really unconvincing to native speakers' ears, just imagining the possibility of being able to hear someone's dying screams from millions of miles away, and not being able to do anything is utterly horrifying.

On a lighter note, this mystery also inspired a really good song.

Hollywood Hulk Hogan

nWo 4 LyFe
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

YES I was going to talk about this and I'm so glad you mentioned it. There was an audio transmissions that bothers me like few things ever have -

I've heard about this case too, and one the scariest things to me was that supposedly scientists from other countries were picking up frantic, and terrified radio signals and broadcasts from space of people begging for help. While it's speculated that they're probably fake because the Russian apparently sounds really unconvincing to native speakers' ears, just imagining the possibility of being able to hear someone's dying screams from millions of miles away, and not being able to do anything is utterly horrifying.

On a lighter note, this mystery also inspired a really good song.
It was a hoax. The woman that was supposedly calling had an Italian accent. And there was no way that the cosmonauts could've floated away from Earth as the Russian programs at the time didn't have enough speed for escape velocity

Maskull

Your an ignorant idiot
kiwifarms.net
We already have real world examples of death upon reentry. Komarov's last transmission as he fell to earth is distressing if you are willing but it's hardly a mystery nor is the kind of speculation being discussed now.
komarov after the fall.jpg
He requested an open casket funeral so that his superiors would have to face their mistake. If you interested this link has the full story and this link has a lovely tribute which is an addendum to Holst's Planets.

Oscar Wildean

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Elizabeth Campbell.

Did she end up in prostitution? Were those men who apparently were sighted with her connected with her and was that mysterious woman actually Elizabeth?

Elizabeth Campbell was a twenty-year-old college student in Killeen, Texas, approximately 25 miles east of her hometown of Lampasas. On the night of April 25, 1988, she had a fight with her boyfriend, Ricky Ray. At 10PM, she stormed out of his house. Forty-five minutes later, she called him from a pay phone at a convenience store in Copperas Cove and asked for a ride. They got into another argument; she then told him that she would call her parents and have them pick her up. However, she never called them and was not heard from again. When she failed to turn up, her family and friends started looking for her, distributing thousands of flyers throughout Texas. Police suspected that she may have been abducted and murdered, but her loved ones hoped that she was still alive.
Six days after Elizabeth vanished, a girl matching her description was spotted by Waco convenience store worker Roger Anyon. He saw a car pull up to a gas pump; the male driver pulled her into the store, holding her forcibly by her arm. The driver gave him $20 and then she looked up at him. However, it appeared as if she was not allowed to speak. The two left soon after. A few days later, her mother came into the store; when Roger saw a photograph of her, he was certain that the girl he saw was her.
A few days after the first sighting, another one occurred at a convenience store in Copperas Cove. Cashier Michelle Christensen claimed to have seen her enter the store with a man, presumably the same one seen days earlier. Again, he was holding her by her arm, and made sure that she didn't talk again. She looked up at Michelle and the two left soon after. Michelle was certain that she was Elizabeth. Authorities, however, were not convinced that she was right.
On July 10, at a convenience store in Garland, customer Virgie Johnson claimed that she bumped into Elizabeth as she was leaving. She acted as if she was frightened and was being watched by someone. When Virgie saw a picture of her, she was certain that the girl was her because she had a tooth that overlapped on the right side.
Elizabeth's parents fear that she was abducted and is being forced to walk the streets as a prostitute. Sociologist Lois Lee founded a group called "Children of the Night" which works with former prostitutes and women who have been forced into prostitution rings. She believes that Elizabeth is being raped and tortured by her abductors in an attempt to strip her of her identity. She also believes that Elizabeth's abductor has put so much fear into her that she is unable to ask for help. Although years have passed since she vanished, her parents have not given up the hope of finding her.

Tami Lynn Leppert.

Did she witness a murder? What happened to her?

Tami Leppert was an eighteen-year-old model and actress from Cocoa Beach, Florida. She had been competing in beauty pageants since she was four. She was a rising star, beautiful and popular, active in beauty pageants, and quickly building an impressive resume which included numerous modelling and acting jobs. Her mother, Linda, helped her with her pageants, modeling, and acting, as she was a theatrical and modeling agent.
Wing Flanagan was one of Linda's clients; he lived with her and Tami for several years. He and Tami were close and acted as if they were siblings. When she was 16, she was cast in a bit part in the 1982 teen movie Spring Break. After it wrapped, she went unsupervised to an out-of-town weekend party; she came back as a different person.
Tami grew reclusive and paranoid. She began acting suspicious as if someone was trying to harm her. When someone would call, she would ask Wing to tell them that she was not home. The only thing she would reveal to her family and friends is that she "saw something she shouldn’t have".
On one occasion, Tami told Wing that she believed that the neighbors were spying on her through mirrored windows in their new van. After two weeks of virtual seclusion, she was offered a small part in the Al Pacino film Scarface. She stayed with a family friend, Walter Lebowitz, and all went well until the fourth day of filming. After a violent scene was filmed, she had a breakdown on the set. Walter visited her and she kept saying that someone was going to kill her. During her hysterical fit, she brought up money laundering.
Tami quit the film and went back to Cocoa Beach. After speaking to the local police and seeing a psychiatrist, she began to improve slightly. However, she still suffered from paranoia. One night at dinner, she asked Wing to taste her food, believing that it was poisoned.
On July 1, 1983, Tami suffered another more serious breakdown. After briefly going outside, she found that the door was locked. She then grabbed a baseball bat and smashed the front window. She yelled and hit at Wing, believing that he locked her out. Linda was able to calm her down.
Tami was then checked in to the Brevard County Mental Health Center for a complete physical and mental health evaluation. Doctors found no evidence of drugs or alcohol use. She was kept there for seventy-two hours of observation. After being released, she told Linda that if anything happened to her, she wanted Linda to get even with a specific person. She claimed that this person was going to kill her.
A day later, Tami went out with her friend, Rick, and told him that she was probably going to be leaving for a while. On the afternoon of July 6th, 1983, she left her home with a male acquaintance. According to him, they argued while they were together and she finally ordered him to let her out of his car at the Glass Bank parking lot in downtown Cocoa Beach. She carried no ID with her, had no purse, and wore no shoes. She never was seen again.
At first, police suggested that Tami may have left home voluntarily. However, her family did not believe this. Linda noted that she was leaving in a few weeks to go to California, so there would be no reason for her to run away. Her family believes that she either met with foul play or has amnesia.
Suspects: Based on her behavior prior to her disappearance, Tami's family believes that she met with foul play. They believe that she saw something that she was not supposed to see and was killed because of it. They believe that her disappearance may have been related to money laundering. Interestingly, money laundering investigations were occurring in the area at the time. However, it is unknown if these investigations were related to her case.
The friend that was last seen with Tami, who allegedly dropped her off at the bank, was considered a possible suspect. However, there has been no concrete evidence to link him to her disappearance.
Several people suspect Christopher Wilder, a serial killer, as possibly having murdered Tami. He had abducted and raped at least twelve women and killed at least eight of them during a spree from Florida and through Texas, Oklahoma, Nevada, California, and New York in 1984 before he committed suicide during a struggle with police in New Hampshire.
Several people believe that they had met on the set of Scarface in Fort Lauderdale and that Christopher made fruitless trips to Tami's home to ask Curtis to allow him to see her. However, it is generally believed that her disappearance during his murder spree could just a coincidence.
John Crutchley, known as the "Vampire Rapist" is also considered a possible suspect in Tami's disappearance.

Oscar Wildean

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Brianna Maitland:

This one is creepy due to the images taken of the abandoned car, which had rear-ended into the side of an abandoned farm house. The car's interior and immediate surroundings imply something went down, so the imagination can run wild.
I've always wondered what was said to Brianna when she went outside and had a conversation before she disappeared.

Stardust

Ģιίττεર ƣƲεεɴ
kiwifarms.net
I've always wondered what was said to Brianna when she went outside and had a conversation before she disappeared.
Could be a red herring. People focus on that, but it could be unrelated. Sometimes anything can sabotage my mood, even dumb stuff.

Am girl. Guilty of this.

The Oklahoma Girl Scout murders in 1977. I was a young child at the time, a few years younger than the victims. It's...pretty unpleasant so I'll just drop the Wiki link here instead of going into detail.

This case is horrifying, for so many reasons. But the one thing that gives me the shivers is, a witness recalling they heard crying and someone cry out "Mommy", but they shrugged it off as girls being dumb. Even worse, one of the three girls did not even want to go on the trip.

#zzz

kiwifarms.net
The Dutroux affair is something I found interesting. Not because it's unsolved. But the kidnapper, murderer and rapist openly told the court and journalists in interviews he was simply a "delivery person" for the pedophile network. Victims confirmed and corroborated his claims. With evidence that solved two kidnappings and murders. And despite this massive admission. No further investigations were launched.

Several witnesses and family members of Louf confirmed that she had a sexual relationship with Tony Van den Bogaert starting from at least age 12. However Tony Van den Bogaert has never been interrogated, charged or convicted for sexual abuse. She claimed that other minors were present at the sex parties and that those were secretly filmed for blackmail purposes.

She said: "It was highly organised. Big business. Blackmail. There was a lot of money involved." During her testimony she described some regular clients including judges, a prominent politician and one banker. She gave the police names, addresses and detailed description of two murders that matched unsolved cases of the two murders of teenage girls. Louf said that the parties didn't only include sex but also sadism, torture and murder. She claimed that one of the organisers of the parties was a man she knew as Mich (Jean Michel Nihoul). Louf described him as a cruel man, who sadistically tortured girls.[38]
Witness X3 testified that one of the people present at the gatherings that involved sex orgies with minors, torture and murder was Willy Claes, secretary general of the NATO. Claes resigned after he was found guilty of corruption in a tendering process for a large defence contract connected to Agusta helicopters, a large military-helicopter producer from Italy.[41]

The testimony of X2 implicated that Etienne Davignon, Maurice Lippens, Paul Vanden Boeynants, Benoit de Bonvoisin and Prince Alexandre of Saxe-Coburg-Gotha were named as having been present at orgies involving underaged persons.[51]

Tags
None