Creepy Unsolved Mysteries - From unsolved murders to unidentified people to unexplained supernatural events, what are some of the creepiest unsolved mysteries you've ever heard of?

Bunny Tracks

You and I'll be safe and sound
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Slight aside but I have such a hard time looking at videos about missing people where the YouTuber slaps their face on the thumbnail. I know it's an autistic thing to be annoyed by and I'll gladly take my puzzle pieces, but it just pisses me off more than it really should.
View attachment 1403546
I absolutely cannot stand this shit. I fucking hate it. It is incredibly disrespectful and just reeks of narcissism. It just screams "Yeah, this person is missing, but what about ME!"

What makes it even worse is that most of the comments on these videos are people praising the Youtubers and not talking about victims of these crimes or what might've happened to them.

Last edited:

muh_moobs

Lord of mspaint shitposts
kiwifarms.net
I absolutely cannot stand this shit. I fucking hate it. It is incredibly disrespectful and just reeks of narcissism. It just screams "Yeah, this person is missing, but what about ME!"

What makes it even worse is that most of the comments on these videos are people praising the Youtubers and not talking about victims of these crimes or what might've happened to them.
On the flip side:

People recognize faces better than names.

If the face looks like someone you know, you'll click it.

If you're looking for a video about a specific person, the face will help you find it easier.

If you're trying to avoid a certain case for some reason, or just trying to avoid reruns, the face helps you recognize cases you're already familiar with.

• Informative
Reactions: Pina Colada

Syaoran Li

Rockers Forever! Forever Rockers!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The disappearance of Susan Walsh is a bizarre unsolved case, involving a laundry list of suspects and strange occurrences in the events leading up to her disappearance.

A former stripper/erotic model turned investigative journalist, Susan Walsh was known for infiltrating and writing about both the NYC vampire subculture and the Russian Mafia. It's widely suspected she was killed or forced into sexual slavery by the Russian gangsters in Brooklyn, but nothing have ever been concretely proven what happened to her or where she went.

She was also related to rock musician Joe Walsh by marriage.

saralovesjuicyfruit

kiwifarms.net
Here’s one I heard of only recently: The bizarre case of Cindy James

This was a woman from Vancouver found dead after being drugged, strangled, and her hands and feet bound behind her back. She had reported issues with stalking and harassment for years before her death, but police were never ever to find anything. They ruled her strange death a suicide and some speculate that she could have had DID and was harassing herself the whole time. I’m not sure if I believe that, as she held down a pretty normal life outside of all this and it seems like if someone had such a serious mental health issue they would struggle with that more, not to mention I’m not sure if I believe DID really even exists. There could be more information that wasn’t released that would paint a clearer picture, though.

AnOminous

Really?
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net

This was a woman from Vancouver found dead after being drugged, strangled, and her hands and feet bound behind her back. She had reported issues with stalking and harassment for years before her death, but police were never ever to find anything. They ruled her strange death a suicide and some speculate that she could have had DID and was harassing herself the whole time. I’m not sure if I believe that, as she held down a pretty normal life outside of all this and it seems like if someone had such a serious mental health issue they would struggle with that more, not to mention I’m not sure if I believe DID really even exists. There could be more information that wasn’t released that would paint a clearer picture, though.
Hands and feet bound behind her back and strangled and "suicide?"

How does that work?

Sounds like a cop on the department that found "suicide" killed her lol.

Stardust

Ģιίττεર ƣƲεεɴ
kiwifarms.net
Slight aside but I have such a hard time looking at videos about missing people where the YouTuber slaps their face on the thumbnail. I know it's an autistic thing to be annoyed by and I'll gladly take my puzzle pieces, but it just pisses me off more than it really should.
View attachment 1403546
No. You should be annoyed by it.

I may not like the attention-seeking YouTuber faces, but seeing a familiar or "popular" face does draw viewers. It spreads awareness, and perhaps may - in the most optimistic of wishful thinking - lead to a breakthrough.

The BTK killer sabotaged his freedom when attention was brought to his crimes during an anniversary article. To condense it down: the guy's ego flared, and he wanted to make sure folks got the details right, as well as enjoy the cat and mouse antics like he had before. This back and forth led to his eventual apprehension. So, you never know how things may go media-wise.

That all said, what irks me about similar videos is the product shilling. Product placing in those videos are, in my opinion, the worst. If it HAS to be done, do it at the very end. At the beginning is cringey and rude, though gets it out of the way. But in the middle? Beyond disrespectful.

Bunny Tracks

You and I'll be safe and sound
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The House That Bled: Also known as the Atlanta Blood House, in 1987 the home of 79-year-old William Winston and his wife, 77-year-old Minnie Winston, was suddenly covered in various, unexplained blood splatters. The blood splatters, ranging from the size of dimes to the size of silver dollars were found on the floor to the lower walls of the kitchen, bathroom, bedroom, basement, and in every hall. Blood was also found under a television, in narrow, nearly inaccessible crawl spaces located in the basement and even under a toaster.

The police were unconcerned with the matter and thought the explanation was that William, who was a dialysis patient, had somehow managed to get his blood all throughout his own house, even in places the elderly man clearly could not reach and would have no reason to go to, and without realizing it, or that an animal had gotten in and was the culprit behind it. The house was thoroughly searched, but no animal nor intruder was ever found. Nothing was stolen from the home, and there were no signs of a break-in.

The Winstons had lived in the house for decades and reported that nothing like this, nor any other bizarre activity had ever happened before. The blood was tested and was proven to be human, but its type didn't match either of the Winstons. Both Minnie and William continued to live in their house until they both passed away from natural causes, and just like the rest of the world, they unfortunately never found out the true reason the walls of their once peaceful and happy home suddenly decided to run red.

Last edited:

Feline Supremacist

I am a Dog-Exclusionary Radical Felinist
kiwifarms.net
The Gilgo Beach Murderer or Long Island serial killer. No one is sure how many victims there are or even when the killings began but various body parts belonging to different people began showing up near Gilgo Beach on LI around 2010. Similar to Joel Rifkin, who was convicted of 9 murders but confessed to 17. Many think the killer is a cop or someone with ties to law enforcement.

The disappearance of Kevin Collins in San Francisco's Haight-Ashbury in 1984. Growing up this was always whispered about. Parents didn't talk about it so much as warn this could happen. To this day no one knows what became of Kevin but we can guess. It happened a year after a pedophile abducted Tara Burke with the help of a former victim (who turned himself and children in). There's not much online about these incidents but as far as my parents were concerned this all happened yesterday.

I'm always meeting people who think California is this great beautiful place where everybody is nice and wonderful but in reality I was always closely watched and normal activities like camping or going to the park with friends were either supervised or not permitted. Every scrap of information or lead was in the media, years after these things happened and each time my parents watched me more closely. This is the dark side of the Haight-Ashbury, where pedophilia and the Zodiac Killer cancel out love and happiness.

Jamila

hopefully tomorrow is a day 🤞🤞🤞
kiwifarms.net

You reminded me of this one.

Dorothy Jane Scott disappeared on May 28, 1980, in Anaheim, California. She had driven two co-workers to the hospital after one had been bitten by a spider. While they were waiting for a prescription to be filled, Scott went to get her car to bring it around to meet them. Her car approached them, but it sped away; neither could see who was driving as its headlights had blinded them. They reported her missing a couple of hours later, after not hearing from her. In the preceding months, Scott had been receiving anonymous phone calls from a man who had reportedly been stalking her. He had threatened to get her alone and "cut [her] up into bits so no one will ever find [her]".
Cases with reports of stalking/harassing phone calls before or after the crimes always stick with me. And probably the creepiest of them all, EAR/ONS--I was watching the plea hearing yesterday and it was so surreal. I still can't believe he got caught.

Karl_der_Grosse

Oh, Saturday night's alright for fighting
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Tiffany Daniels, yet another white woman who disappeared, leaving her car, ID, purse, money, etc. behind. The reason I find this one interesting is this:

2020-06-30 16.16.13 en.wikipedia.org 5b204d24cf54.jpg

The restaurant was an Acme Oysterhouse. I eat at that particular location (the one at Veterans and Causeway) pretty much every time I'm in New Orleans. Every time I go, I have my head on a swivel checking every female in the place. Just in case.

OttoWest

Essential Veal
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Hands and feet bound behind her back and strangled and "suicide?"

How does that work?

Sounds like a cop on the department that found "suicide" killed her lol.
Cindy James is a pretty infamous case because it’s so bizarre. However she didn’t die due to strangulation but of a morphine overdose.

A similar case is Philip Shue, an Air Force colonel and psychiatrist. One morning in 2003 Shue was found dead in his vehicle after a car accident. However when they removed Shue’s body from the car he had some really bizarre injuries that didn’t match up with a car crash.

He had a gash in his chest surrounded by smaller hesitation marks, his ear was nearly cut off, a finger had been severed, there was some kind of binding found on his wrists and the kicker— his nipples had been removed.

The cause of death was ruled as suicide until after years of wrangling his wife was able to get a judge to change it to homicide. Still unsolved.

One more in the weird death circumstances in Robert Wone. Wone was clearly murdered, they know who did it, but the real questions are why and how?

Wone was a married D.C. area lawyer staying the night with a former college friend Joe Price. Price was in a polyamorous relationship with his partner Viktor Zaborsky and their live-in boytoy Dylan Ward. They were into the leather s&m scene.

Somehow during his stay at Price’s townhouse Wone ended up drugged, bound, raped, and ultimately stabbed to death. The three men didn’t call the cops until hours later and tried to claim Wone’s death was the result of a possible break in. The prosecutor and cops later charged that the men had tampered with the evidence and had even staged a robbery a month later to hinder the investigation. However a judge ultimately acquitted them of charges of obstruction and evidence tampering. None of the men were every charged with murder.

The question of why Wone was killed, how, and by whom are a wild rabbit hole of their own. From all evidence Wone wasn’t gay, not even on the DL. He was a happily married youngish guy. So which of the three men instigated the assault and for what reason is anyone’s guess.

Cyclonus

kiwifarms.net
The Murder of Monika Rizzo: A woman named Monika Rizzo suddenly disappeared on May 5th, 1997. After an anonymous tip, suspicion falls on her husband. Her husband swears that they had a good marriage despite the fact Monika's coworkers had been so concerned by Monika's frequent bruised and battered appearance that they called the cops to do a welfare check on her before her disappearance.

When the backyard was searched, dozens of bones and bone fragments were found buried in the ground, under tires, and even inside a gas grill. Not just human bones, either. Various animal bones and a jawbone belonging to a cow were also found. The bones were in such horrible condition that's speculated that might've been put through a woodchipper beforehand. The bone fragments were identified as being Monika's.

Also, a literal bag of human flesh was found in the backyard, too.

No one has ever been officially charged with her death and the case remains unsolved.
How the hell was THIS one not prosecuted? For Christ's sake, did they think the husband was the victim of a zombie attack and had to fend them off with a woodchipper?

AnOminous

Really?
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
When the backyard was searched, dozens of bones and bone fragments were found buried in the ground, under tires, and even inside a gas grill. Not just human bones, either. Various animal bones and a jawbone belonging to a cow were also found. The bones were in such horrible condition that's speculated that might've been put through a woodchipper beforehand.
This one is so obvious. He put animal body parts through it first to test it before using it for the victim.

Tags
None