Cringiest thing you did as a teenager -

Aqua Panda

I've seen horrors… horrors that you've seen.
kiwifarms.net
Went through a weaboo phase late in high school and first year of college. I still cringe at myself over it.

I still enjoy an occasional animu but no longer obsess over season to season shows. Still hold the Universal Century Gundam and Legend of the Galactic Heroes close to my heart.

IMO the reason for it was it seemed, at the time, that anime was willing to deal with less censorship and had better storytelling than the overwhelming majority of really boring procedurals that were everywhere on network tv in the 00's. I realized later that I just needed to expand my horizons and ended up discovering a LOT of good shit.

Though it wasn't all bad, social interaction with fellow nerds cemented my love of slightly chubby nerd girls and I eventually married one I met through friend connections.

So cringe, but in hindsight not too bad.

Virgo

kiwifarms.net
Ten years ago the memes on Facebook were in the format of pages instead of image macros. I liked a lot of them. Hundreds, in fact. I know that because I spent an hour dying inside last night while I unliked stupid shit like this.

Screenshot_20200717-011541_Facebook.jpg
Screenshot_20200717-011655_Facebook.jpg
Screenshot_20200717-012530_Facebook.jpg

:shit-eating:

Smaug's Smokey Hole

Epic has the right idea.
kiwifarms.net
I pursued a relationship with a lesbian for 8 months, and was the angstiest angst lord that ever angst, thinking I could make her straight again with how edgy I was.

One day I will discover time travel, and I will travel back to that fateful moment and punch myself in the face

If time travel was invented baby Hitler would live but most teenage boys would find themselves getting smacked by mysterious strangers in pokemon t-shirts.

Broseph

Nice to rake your acquaintance
kiwifarms.net
Back in high school I briefly dated this girl who had a toxic reputation around my school for being a promiscuous thot, which was very cringey in itself but to add to that she still wore those Hot Topic "Tripp" pants with all the extra tassels and pockets and chains. For context this was in 2005 so it was well after the whole mall goth fad came and went and I remember everyone at school would give her weird looks as she was colloquially known as "that girl who still wears those Hot Topic pants".

Last edited:

President Joe Biden

Cenk Uygur Sock Account
kiwifarms.net
Back in high school I briefly dated this girl who had a very toxic reputation for being a promiscuous thot, which was very cringey in itself but to add to that she still wore those Hot Topic "Tripp" pants with all the extra zippers and pockets and tassels. For context this was in 2005 so it was way after the whole mall goth fad came and went and I remember everyone at school would give her weird looks for wearing that stuff.

I think every guy has at least two or three stories about dating as a teenager that will ways make a list like this. How could you not? Teenagers are emotional and have no idea what what the hell they are doing.

The very first day I had a driver's license, I took a girl out who I liked and while we were driving she said that she wanted to see my dick. I looked at her to see if she was joking and I rear-ended a pickup truck sitting at a red light. Never did fuck.

Actually met up with her again and a friend to drink beer and play truth or dare in a church parking lot (wtf) and ended up hooking up with her friend and she waited for us to be done before asking to be taken home. The whole reason for her hanging out was so she could hook up with me. I slept with her friend because she was easy, and that friend ended up having a boyfriend. Really felt bad about it for a long time.

Thinking back, pretty much any awkward teen story involves me treating women poorly. At least I only do it on the internet now. Progress.

The Monkey

kiwifarms.net
When we were 15 me and my loser friend saw the movie Kick-Ass and we decided that we wanted to be real life superheroes. Keep in mind that I was rail thin and afraid of any kind of confrontation and my friend was a 5'7 fat kid. We spent like 4 months "designing" (basically just drawing) suits during art class. In addition we both seriously reseached if we could make suits that had fans on them so that we could glide from building to building, and we were gonna spend the summer building them.

Absolutely no joke one day we get called to the principal's office where police officers were waiting. I guess my friend told somebody about our superhero plan and rumors broke out that we were gonna Aurora the school(keep in mind this was before Aurora), wearing supervillain costumes. The police basically told us that if we tried it, we would "probably" both end up with a bullet in us by trained men. No asking how we felt or any attempt to talk us out of it, they straight up used a scare tactic that sounded like a threat, And it worked, because we were both frozen in fear and we decided to never discuss what happened. Dad got a call about it from the principal, telling him that I should see a therapist. He basically told her to fuck off, and we had an uncomfortable talk about if I had any guns. My friend ended up going to therapy and left to a different school some time later.

I'm able to laugh about it today, but for a few years I avoided anything superhero related because of how bad the experience made me rage. Probably for the best, as I got invited to see the latest Avengers in theaters, and it was just a long, unpleasant turd of a film. Me and my friend were way too fucking old to think that we could do something as retarded as playing dress up and punching druggies in the street.

Those cops were absolute pieces of shit, though.

saralovesjuicyfruit

kiwifarms.net
Ten years ago the memes on Facebook were in the format of pages instead of image macros. I liked a lot of them. Hundreds, in fact. I know that because I spent an hour dying inside last night while I unliked stupid shit like this.

View attachment 1454014
View attachment 1454027
View attachment 1454029

:shit-eating:

Wow, what a blast from the past! Before that, though, I remember it was ”become a fan” instead of “like”, hence epic maymays like this:

33BF7A3D-8549-47E0-A0A5-A3D465B16DB7.jpeg

As for the topic of the thread, way too many to pick just one and I think all of them would be major powerleveling anyway. Being a teenager is cringe for everyone.

Vlinny Chan

This Halloween, I'm going as a massive faggot.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
When I was in the 6th grade I made shitty eddsworld fan comics. If that's not bad enough, I worked for like 2 whole weeks on one page making it look as good as I possibly could at the time and I was so proud of the finished product that I showed my art teacher. She said that she liked it, even though she looked like she wasn't impressed at all.

I once gave my real age on 4chan for one of those fortune telling treads on /x/ because I thought it would result in a more accurate reading. I was banned for a month.

Swagstika

Everyone is cooler than me and it makes me sad
kiwifarms.net
I had anorexia. Yep, definetely. Totally. In reality I just made a big, annoying fuzz out of every meal, but then ate like normal. My pride hurts from the memory.

Reactions: Virgo