Cringiest thing you did as a teenager -

UntimelyDhelmise

Galar Purge Survivor
kiwifarms.net
Where did this "Smash Mansion" shit veen originate from, and how did it become so widely used in Smash Bros fanfics?
My theory is, sake of convenience. It's ten times easier to just throw everyone under one roof and go for a "One big dysfunctional family" routine (many Smash comics essentially do this too) compared to the grand, bloated Subspace Emissary route where an amateur is going to be extremely daunted by the vast amount of worldbuilding that'd be required. And this was back in Brawl, when the characters and crossover volume was less than half of what it is today. Can't imagine how much of a nightmare it has to be to try and make a grand epic with today's utter mess of a roster.

As for where the mansion idea itself originated from, who knows; though I think AwkwardZombie may be a potential starting point considering how far back her comic goes (200-fucking-6 fuck I feel old). Otherwise, probably some rando started it on a whim and it caught on with others until it became a trend.

• Thunk-Provoking
Reactions: Syaoran Li

Syaoran Li

I'm running this Monkey Farm now!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Where did this "Smash Mansion" shit veen originate from, and how did it become so widely used in Smash Bros fanfics?

My guess is that they probably cribbed it from the X-Men with Xavier's Mansion and the Danger Room

Kiwi Lime Pie

So tasteful, it's spooky. 🥝🥧🐈
kiwifarms.net
I was too shy to tell a crush I was interested in her, so I gave an acrostic note to her brother that was my classmate. The first letter on each line spelled out "Your sister is nice." He didn't pick up on what I had done, and instead looked at my random sentences that made up the acrostic with confusion -- confusion that was much-deserved in retrospect.

Broseph

Nice to rake your acquaintance
kiwifarms.net
I once memorized an entire Foamy the Squirrel rant and recited it verbatim for my friends. They seemed to like it; but looking back, I am ashamed.

I knew some people in high school who were obsessed with Foamy back then. They wore Foamy shirts and would bring the DVD's to school and watch it in class instead of working. Man that shit was cringe.

Dom Cruise

She had no one to play with for thirty years...
kiwifarms.net
Writing Smash Bros. fanfiction. Self-inserts, OCs, the same damn "mansion" setting that every other bloody person used, the whole 9 yards.

I never wrote anything with it and I wasn't actually a teen, but I remember once as a kid coming up with the idea "what if all the Nicktoons met each other?" that I thought was the most epic idea anyone had ever come up with.

Miel67

PFurrie and MAP hater
kiwifarms.net
Wear a Greek Mythology (one eyed sister) costume and joined a costume contest and lost.
Fought a guy randomly because he stepped on the heel of my sneaker, dislodge g it while a black girl laughed loudly
Discovered a guy's condom (in same Greek Mythology class) and loudly called him a pervert in the library
Had to do "movies" for two separate classes. I was quite embarrassed and refused to watch them.

Orange Rhymer

kiwifarms.net
Wear a Greek Mythology (one eyed sister) costume and joined a costume contest and lost.
Fought a guy randomly because he stepped on the heel of my sneaker, dislodge g it while a black girl laughed loudly
Discovered a guy's condom (in same Greek Mythology class) and loudly called him a pervert in the library
Had to do "movies" for two separate classes. I was quite embarrassed and refused to watch them.
I think you are leading the pack. At least in recent posts.
Got any more?

OneMillionRPM

that's a lot of bullets
kiwifarms.net
Had a Columbine phase in mid-highschool, which basically amounted to emulating the shooters as much as possible. Listened to KMFDM and Rammstein, kept a journal with edgy/angsty writings, and wore a trenchcoat to school (or at least the longest coat allowed at mine), all because the shooters did. I even got into Doom because of them, though the sheer number of wads kept it enjoyable even after that phase was over.

Whole thing stemmed from playing that one Columbine RPG, thinking "whoa dylan is literally me", and researching the shooters out of curiosity. Not surprisingly, it ended right around the time I started working up the confidence to talk to people and make friends.

Lonely Grave

naked and alone, we die
kiwifarms.net
I took up ballroom dancing in a vain effort to score a date. Keep in mind I attended an all-boys school, so for us the stakes were much higher...

It didn't work. At least I was conditioned a little bit by being allowed to be that close to a girl my age. Despite the total failure it did have some positive effects later on down the track.

Orange Rhymer

kiwifarms.net
I took up ballroom dancing in a vain effort to score a date. Keep in mind I attended an all-boys school, so for us the stakes were much higher...

It didn't work. At least I was conditioned a little bit by being allowed to be that close to a girl my age. Despite the total failure it did have some positive effects later on down the track.
You deserve a clap for that. Ballroom dancing is a dying art. Holding a girl is a very important step towards dating.
I think it's sweet and productive.

SixTrees

Knight of cancel culture
kiwifarms.net
Use tumblr and unironically spout tumblrina nonsense to the detriment of myself and everyone stuck being around me. (:_(

Don’t even remember my login details to scrub my shame from existence. It’s under usernames completely unconnected to anything I’ve used in a long time but just the thought that it exists triggers me.

saralovesjuicyfruit

kiwifarms.net
I guess I'll throw one in that isn't too bad.

I used to stock up on white stage make up during Halloween because I would mix a little bit with my liquid foundation (already in the lightest shade they offered) as part of my daily look. Yes, I was a goth.

Reactions: SixTrees