Crowbcat Discussion Thread -

Judge Dredd

10 Gaschamber 20 GOTO 10
kiwifarms.net
Kind of pertinent to revisit this as CS:GO went F2P recently.
Definitely his most somber vid, which sets it apart from most of his other works.
I remember a screenshot around the time of the Deus Ex items where it was a screenshot of the strict design rules they followed for the sake of the setting and gameplay, and next to it all the Deus Ex items that took that carefully crafted design and ruined it.

Snake of Diamond

Hiss...whatever
kiwifarms.net
I don't like Corwbcat's videos. Some are great. I liked the Ubisoft downgrades video, but most of the time it's cherry picked nonsense that's quoted ad nauseam as an instant argument winner when they are far from that. His Far Cry 5 video came out just after I finished a playthrough of Far Cry 2, and while comparisons like fire spreading or bullet holes in windows might be genuine downgrades. What he doesn't show is Far Cry 2 crashing all the time, or enemy camps respawning once they are outside of the draw distance, or enemies being able to spot you from 20 miles away through the jungle in the dark, or how all the characters talk like they're late for an appointment, or how friendly AI is completely useless, or any of the many other issues that Far Cry 2 has. I don't know if Far Cry 5 fixes those issues as I've not played it, but leaving that stuff out was dishonest imo.
After beating Far Cry 5 it has its issues but some of the things are a big improvement from pieces of other games in the series like 2,3 and 4. Gun for hires do what you tell them to most of the time and enemies aren't gonna lazer spot you from the next section of the map unless they are in flying vehicles. I feel some of Crow's points are correct and informative but in some of the comparison videos, they are things you only pay attention to if you spend too much time not playing the game and staring at textures all day to find the ones misplaced pixel that wasn't there in the other game before it.

2odastream

r/Drama queen
kiwifarms.net
It is though, the AI and physics in 5 are downgraded to hell.
I don't think AI and physics really matter when the whole point of GTA, to cause chaos, was actively discouraged by the pretentious story.

Sure, the blades of a helicopter over water don't make as detailed a splash in GTA V, but at least I don't have to take my cousin bowling in a boring, brown city while some middle eastern fuck jerks himself off over how tortured he is.

Piss

kiwifarms.net
Crowbcat really is at his best with just about anything featuring people being fuckheads.

Here's my favorite video, Konami's legendary E3 2010 show that birthed a billion memes.

That, and the Kinect video, really bring you back to that ridiculous point in time where E3 was just such a fun shitshow. I miss it, honestly.

Cactus Wings

Coughing for Cash
kiwifarms.net
Crowbcat has just graced us with a new video...

Y'know, I have Xbox Games Pass so technically I can play this for free - and even then after watching this I kinda dun wanna.
His DMC video was straight up "haha, look how poorly programmed it is!", which is a crapshoot compared to how "investigated" his GTA and Far Cry videos were. This one reeks of that finger-pointing approach as well, but still somewhat closer to the kind of video that made him popular.

He certainly lost some shine in my eyes, but I guess his videos fulfill their purpose. I can see why his more casual videos get no views.

CIA Nigger

TempleOS Powered Cars
Supervisor
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
His DMC video was straight up "haha, look how poorly programmed it is!", which is a crapshoot compared to how "investigated" his GTA and Far Cry videos were. This one reeks of that finger-pointing approach as well, but still somewhat closer to the kind of video that made him popular.

He certainly lost some shine in my eyes, but I guess his videos fulfill their purpose. I can see why his more casual videos get no views.
The bigger thing I noticed about crackdown 3 is that it seems to have less of the over the top physics that made the first such a crazy co-op game. The first felt like an obscure bargain bin game you'd find and have a good time playing at GameStop, 3 seems like they forgot a lot about what made the first so fun. The MP thing was a huge downgrade though but it was such a downgrade even some game journalists were seeing it.

As for the latter, it's kind of the "curse" with YouTube or internet popularity. Once you become famous for one thing, you're mostly stuck doing that your entire internet career and if you want to change directions you basically have to start all over again since your videos involving yourself doing another gimmick will not draw the same amount of viewers.

Judge Dredd

10 Gaschamber 20 GOTO 10
kiwifarms.net

I think it's the final third that does that because it focuses on the downgrade from the trailers as opposed to the previous games. That is what he's best at imo.

I did like the comparison to Red Faction Guerrilla at the end. It was a cheap shot, but a deserved one.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1EiZnCKCb6Dc4biuto2gJyivwgPRM2YMEQ
BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s
ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5
LTC: LcDkAj4XxtoPWP5ucw75JadMcDfurwupet
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino