Cultural Appropriation on Tumblr - REEEE HANDS OFF WHITEY

AnOminous

when you find a stranger in the Alps
Retired Staff
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
That's a result of the IngSoc WokeJus indoctrination by people who claim to be against racism, being racist and imprinting that form of racism onto kids. They're pulling that crap in Canada too.
No it isn't. The woke concept is white people have no culture at all. It literally doesn't exist. That's why they can't culturally appropriate Irish or French or Italian or whatever, they can just use that at will. Because it isn't even culture.

EnemyStand

kiwifarms.net
No it isn't. The woke concept is white people have no culture at all. It literally doesn't exist. That's why they can't culturally appropriate Irish or French or Italian or whatever, they can just use that at will. Because it isn't even culture.
Funny. It's almost like white European culture has become the standard across the world. Hmmm....

Koby_Fish

The advice of the GALACTICALLY STUPID
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
There's a fair amount of wiggle room here among various different branches of IngSoc Justice, with an increasing number claiming that "white culture" doesn't exist (except when it does, then they call it 'white supremacy'). The more moderate branches acknowledge a form of white culture exist ("people don't season they food!" "They only use mayonnaise for flavor!" "White people can't dance") while the more radical ones will flatout claim (hypocritically, see above) that white culture is nonexistent (when they're not claiming that whites "stole" any semblance of culture from other cultures that aren't white).

EnemyStand

kiwifarms.net
Whoa, cool it with the white supremacy.
It's hardly a claim to supremacy when people can straight up tell whites there is no actual "white culture" because the results of such have become so widespread and pedestrian no one even thinks about it anymore. That's what I was getting at. There's a reason Asian and Middle Eastern nations have adopted corporate cultures more in line what you would see with the U.S. and Europe. Besides, you can hardly call U.S. culture "white" anyway, considering that white culture in the U.S. banned Christmas at first. Long story short: people adopt what works based on what they see.

Tridgeridoo

kiwifarms.net
I think one of the main problems is that a lot of the woke crowd just parrots something that they don't understand.

'There is no white culture' is not an incorrect statement, in the sense that there's no real overarching culture that someone from Poland or Italy would share with say a white American. There's Polish culture, Italian culture and White American culture, but no 'White culture'. Of course the same is true for 'Black culture', because wtf does a Jamaican have in common with someone from Ethiopia?

If someone reads 'there is no white culture' on tumblr and fails to understand what it means, that person may fuck up the wording and turn it into 'white people have no culture' which is obviously a retarded statement.

Rakdos92

kiwifarms.net
There's a fair amount of wiggle room here among various different branches of IngSoc Justice, with an increasing number claiming that "white culture" doesn't exist (except when it does, then they call it 'white supremacy'). The more moderate branches acknowledge a form of white culture exist ("people don't season they food!" "They only use mayonnaise for flavor!" "White people can't dance") while the more radical ones will flatout claim (hypocritically, see above) that white culture is nonexistent (when they're not claiming that whites "stole" any semblance of culture from other cultures that aren't white).
See, this stuff is why more and more people start to embrace white supremancy. It's a reflex against an obvious attack on their existance.

Besides, white cultures might squabble among each other, but we should band together and crush the non-whites again anyway. We can fight over the trophies and loot afterwards.

Crunchy Leaf

cronch
kiwifarms.net
I think one of the main problems is that a lot of the woke crowd just parrots something that they don't understand.

'There is no white culture' is not an incorrect statement, in the sense that there's no real overarching culture that someone from Poland or Italy would share with say a white American. There's Polish culture, Italian culture and White American culture, but no 'White culture'. Of course the same is true for 'Black culture', because wtf does a Jamaican have in common with someone from Ethiopia?

If someone reads 'there is no white culture' on tumblr and fails to understand what it means, that person may fuck up the wording and turn it into 'white people have no culture' which is obviously a retarded statement.
When people say black culture, they mean African American descendants of slaves, who in the US form a distinct ethnic group.

MarineTrainedTard

I'm the guy who wipes down the loads
kiwifarms.net
I think what a lot of European posters need to keep in mind is that most of these tumblrinas are based in the US, so when they say "White Culture" and "Black Culture" they are referring to, more specifically, "White American Culture" and "Black American Culture", both of which are distinct from the myriad European and African cultures, respectively, simply because especially after industrialization and urbanization, the various European peoples in the US mixed with each other, and since the overwhelming majority of black Americans are the descendants of slaves, it's legitimately impossible to know which African ethnicities they're descended from without a DNA test. Suffice it to say, even if someone is "purely" white or black in the US, they're a combination of multiple different ethnic groups which has kind of made them their own distinct ethnic group in many ways.

Expecting products of the American education system, with all of its many, many flaws and extremely America-centric approach, to be able to understand this is a tall order.

Basically what I'm saying is when you see a tumblr reeeing about "White people have no culture" what they mean is "White Americans have no culture" and you can also disregard them as being retarded.

Agent Abe Caprine

Moai simp
kiwifarms.net
("people don't season they food!" "They only use mayonnaise for flavor!" "White people can't dance")
All of these stereotypes seem to only make sense if the white people are from baby boomers from the Midwest, Mormon, British(which came from WW2 rationing), all about asceticism, or dorky. A midwestern baby boomer's cooking is going to use less seasoning for whatever reason. It's much less seasoned if they're from the Silent generation. Some Silents think Little Caeser's pizza is too spicy.

As for dancing, every culture that isn't dominated by Baptists has their own style of dance. Even Baptists try to sneak a little dancing in when the pastor isn't looking.

evil anvil

kiwifarms.net
I think what a lot of European posters need to keep in mind is that most of these tumblrinas are based in the US, so when they say "White Culture" and "Black Culture" they are referring to, more specifically, "White American Culture" and "Black American Culture", both of which are distinct from the myriad European and African cultures, respectively, simply because especially after industrialization and urbanization, the various European peoples in the US mixed with each other, and since the overwhelming majority of black Americans are the descendants of slaves, it's legitimately impossible to know which African ethnicities they're descended from without a DNA test. Suffice it to say, even if someone is "purely" white or black in the US, they're a combination of multiple different ethnic groups which has kind of made them their own distinct ethnic group in many ways.

Expecting products of the American education system, with all of its many, many flaws and extremely America-centric approach, to be able to understand this is a tall order.

Basically what I'm saying is when you see a tumblr reeeing about "White people have no culture" what they mean is "White Americans have no culture" and you can also disregard them as being retarded.
I agree. Unfortunately, many of those American tumblerians don't understand that, and therefore use the white-black American dichotomy on other countries as well. They don't seem to understand that a "white" Italian (an Italian with light skin) and a "black" Italian (an Italian with darker skin), for instance, are just Italians. The white-black baggage of USA does not applied here. They just don't understand this.

Honey Galaxy

kiwifarms.net

I might be a bit retarded, but doesn't the States have distinct racial cultures?

When white Americans talk about their European culture and heritage, it's usually butchered beyond belief. I don't really see white or black Americans eating food of said culture or practicing non religious holidays or events.

The States are supposedly one fatass melting pot, why can't they just say 'lol I'm American' instead of dumb shit like 'Well ackshully I'm 3% Kenyan and-'

Bluey

The Blue Heeler Neo Noir Enthusiast
kiwifarms.net
I seen these attitude swell up in the Twitter side of the Animal Crossing community. Mainly over players saying that they "can't" use certain items or it will offend people.

I am pretty sure people screech Cultural Appropriation on OCs when Japanese media such as JRPGs have a lot of multi cultural characters.

BroccoliBrain

my corpus callosum is green
kiwifarms.net
But they're so retarded they do think Europeans are just amorphous white people. The rudest ones will talk shit on Euro food because they think it's all white bread and potatoes while refusing to learn about it.

Rakdos92

kiwifarms.net
But they're so retarded they do think Europeans are just amorphous white people. The rudest ones will talk shit on Euro food because they think it's all white bread and potatoes while refusing to learn about it.
Germany created Currywurst, Schnitzel, various meals with asparagus, and that's not even getting into what France, Italy, Spain, Britain, Poland, and what-have-you invented for food. If anything, african nations are the ones with barely any variation in food. It's bread with thick sauces this and boiled meat that in that continent.

AnOminous

when you find a stranger in the Alps
Retired Staff
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Germany created Currywurst, Schnitzel, various meals with asparagus, and that's not even getting into what France, Italy, Spain, Britain, Poland, and what-have-you invented for food. If anything, african nations are the ones with barely any variation in food. It's bread with thick sauces this and boiled meat that in that continent.
The Ethiopian versions of this general content are really good, though.