Culture Wars General - KiA Diet Coke Edition

Desire Lines

shitposting russian queer
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
In order to clean up off-topic sperging from games-focused threads, this thread is being created as a hub for politically-charged video game drama. Please refrain from bringing "culture wars" discourse into other threads. Exceptions will be made for discussion of games with a political message/content. "Culture wars discourse" is any of the following:
  1. Anything related to the politics of game developers/publishers/managers/any other kind of job. This shit shouldn't be in game threads anyway.
  2. Anything involving video game censorship also goes here.
  3. Anything even remotely related to GamerGate, Anita Sarkeesian, and a million other nobodies that got popular through various scandals.
  4. I am still considering this one because this OP https://kiwifarms.net/threads/games-journalism-general.56282/ is very nicely written and the thread itself is rather content heavy, but you might discuss game journalism here as well. Keeping that thread separate, it can stand on it's own.
If the drama is considered major enough, it might be made into a separate thread on the board. A good example is the debate around Epic Games and Fallout 76's disasterous launch.
Any old existing posts in the videogame threads won't be moved because the thread would become an unreadable clusterfuck.
Alright then, I hope you guys get adjusted to the new rules. Just remember to stay civil and have fun!

EDIT: The recent game politics threads have now been locked.
EDIT 2: Forgot to mention, the e-celeb gossip threads (Vinesauce, TBFP, Yahtzee etc.) are also going to be kept separate because I feel like most of them are substantial enough.
EDIT 3: I don't think the past title really fit for the purpose of the thread, so I am renaming it to "Culture Wars" again.

UPDATE: As suggested by @neural (thx dude), I am going to index all the recent happenings in this thread below for easier readability.

July

Someone on Twitter shilling for Pokemon turns out to be a pedo
G2A Twitter meltdown
WoW Taliesin Youtuber drama
Devotion is not getting a re-release after making a joke about a Chinese president
Yogscast CEO steps down following allegations of sexual misconduct
Crash Team Racing’s ‘racially insensitive’ Watermelon Tawna skin renamed
US Law Firm Opens "Switch Joy-Con Drift" Class Action Investigation
Twitch Streamers Plan ‘SlutStream’ To Raise Awareness Of Online Harassment
August
“Borderlands 3” Protagonist’s Gender Identity Puts Fandom In A Tizzy
Ion Fury transphobic comments controversy
Zoe Quinn accuses NitW dev of abuse

Last edited:

Desire Lines

shitposting russian queer
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I get what you're doing, but why lock the other thread when there was active discussion there?
if you are talking about the sony censorship thread, it has long turned into a general censorship thread
the anita thread was awful and there was barely any actual discussion in it

Reactions: Megaroad
U

UE 558

kiwifarms.net
So, since Sony's, and Microsoft's consoles tend to try to copy each other even with dumb fucking ideas, does anyone think there's a good chance they could both kill themselves off in the gaming industry by moving towards censorship?
Given the recent shit about Gears 5 and cigarettes and Xbox Live’s “defenders of joy” coupled with the shit Sony’s already been doing, we’re gonna in for a hell of a censorship shitshow in gen 9

c-no

Duck
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Gamers sit the fuck down.
REEEEEEE stop oppressing me you damn normie.

Given the recent shit about Gears 5 and cigarettes and Xbox Live’s “defenders of joy” coupled with the shit Sony’s already been doing, we’re gonna in for a hell of a censorship shitshow in gen 9
The GOW 5 cig thing from what I heard had to do with one of the devs losing a friend to lung cancer from cigarettes. Stupid as that could be in terms of censorship, that can be more understandable than something like "think of the children."

Reactions: IAmNotAlpharius
U

UE 558

kiwifarms.net
The GOW 5 cig thing from what I heard had to do with one of the devs losing a friend to lung cancer from cigarettes. Stupid as that could be in terms of censorship, that can be more understandable than something like "think of the children."
True, but he’s also working with Truth Initiative, a company that does do “think of the children” bullshit and is itself funded by cigarette companies. Tbh, if he really wanted to make a point about lung cancer, he could’ve implemented it into the story instead of virtue signaling about it to kotaku.

c-no

Duck
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
True, but he’s also working with Truth Initiative, a company that does do “think of the children” bullshit and is itself funded by cigarette companies. Tbh, if he really wanted to make a point about lung cancer, he could’ve implemented it into the story instead of virtue signaling about it to kotaku.
That really could of been better, have a soldier smoking a cigarette in places he shouldn't, complete with another soldier chewing him out or one of the characters about to reach for a cigarette when he looks at the pack, sighs, and throws it away after noticing how it fucked his sprinting in the long run after outrunning some giant monster.

Suck it GaymerGays

:deagle::aug::tycesuit: #TYCED:tycesuit::augleft::deagleleft:
I'll dropkick you AssCreed style you fucking SJW feminazi Islam.

:deagle::jaceknife::stickup::deagleleft:

• Feels
Reactions: AnOminous
Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino