Culture Wars General - KiA Diet Coke Edition

AnOminous

とても可愛い
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
Using the A-Word around Man-Children is like saying the N-Word.

Please be respectful
Just saying. Any teenager who doesn't pirate shit is a fool. But any adult who does needs to grow the fuck up (outside of circumstances where you literally cannot get something for a reasonable price or at all).

Syaoran Li

An Outlaw Forever, Forever An Outlaw
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Just saying. Any teenager who doesn't pirate shit is a fool. But any adult who does needs to grow the fuck up (outside of circumstances where you literally cannot get something for a reasonable price or at all).

Pre-Woke Left/Current Year, I'd agree completely but now with all the rampant corporate censorship and the mega-corporations pushing for streaming media, things are now in more of a gray area.

A lot more stuff is becoming rare or overpriced now.

Radical Cadre

kiwifarms.net
Accomplished lawyer Robert Barnes and Canadian attorney and niceguy Viva Frei are going to be live streaming with Doomcock tonight. About 30 minutes from the time of this post.

This is going to be fucking weird.

Marissa Moira

kiwifarms.net
IT BEGINS
1617344986035.jpg

Nintendo beginning their crackdown to take out the trash. I'm guessing the International E-shop is going to be sorted through.

Smaug's Smokey Hole

Sweeney did nothing wrong.
kiwifarms.net
Ah yeah, my understanding is that EMPRESS caused some beef awhile back by intentionally limiting download speeds of repackers to 200 KBs on their torrent releases. This is what started this particular beef if I remember.
Empress limited the download speed to 200KB/s so that people would be forced to spend a lot of time downloading the game and stare at the EMPRESS name in the client. It was to prevent Fitgirl from quickly downloading it, repacking it, give credit to EMPRESS in an NFO or something, then upload it and have people stare at FITGIRL in their torrent client for 35 gigabytes worth of time, then see FITGIRL yet again in the extractor/installer.

Put two "women" in a room and sparks will fly.

BananaSplit

kiwifarms.net
IT BEGINS
View attachment 2051243

Nintendo beginning their crackdown to take out the trash. I'm guessing the International E-shop is going to be sorted through.
Imagine being this desperate to suddenly care for game censorship when you've personally been claiming in this thread many many times it never mattered for niche japanese games (and that they deserved it anyway) when it was Sony's doing

also gonna be careful about that 1st April tweet, like how the publisher behind Muse Dash claimed to be bankrupt.

Marissa Moira

kiwifarms.net
Imagine being this desperate to suddenly care for game censorship when you've personally been claiming in this thread many many times it never mattered for niche japanese games (and that they deserved it anyway) when it was Sony's doing

also gonna be careful about that 1st April tweet, like how the publisher behind Muse Dash claimed to be bankrupt.
Nah it's real, Nintendo did really cancel the game on them despite it already being ready to port to the switch. Steam also wound up changing their TOS just to stop Super Seducer's devs from brining more games to their platform, because they realized that they opened up the floodgates to things they didn't expect.

Idea Factory has also wound up introducing internal policies after it realized that it garnered mostly the support of trannies and maps in the west.

Coomers getting BTFO on all sides is never a bad thing. Like a Harlan Ellison novel, all they shall know is withheld permissions and suffering amidst a land of decadence.

InsolentGaylord

kiwifarms.net
Nah it's real, Nintendo did really cancel the game on them despite it already being ready to port to the switch.

Idea Factory also wound up introducing internal policies after it realized that it garnered mostly the support of trannies and maps in the west.

Coomers getting BTFO on all sides is never a bad thing.
What has the Idea Factory "Internal policies" got to do with this? Can you provide a source?

Also you seem awfully happy that they are censoring sexual content. Mind if I ask...why?

Marissa Moira

kiwifarms.net
Also you seem awfully happy that they are censoring sexual content. Mind if I ask...why?
Bad games get their crutches kicked out from under it and exposed for the hacked together frauds they were the whole time.

If you're asking for a deeper meaning it's just I like bad games being shat upon.

As for the IF internal policies there's no direct article but there have been many an autist who has compared things like the sheer number of panty shots in the games and have noticed it's lower than the Japanese birthrates in recent games. The newer games are far more tamer in general. Majority of IF's revenue comes from western nations at this point. The fandom claims to like lolicon IRONICALLY but it never turns out like that, you always get the idiots who feel like they're in good company if you pretend to be idiots long enough. And those idiots will always invite their friends.

They're still complete fucking ass though because they only spend 6 months development time for each one because they want more than 1 per year.

Last edited:

InsolentGaylord

kiwifarms.net
Bad games get their crutches kicked out from under it and exposed for the hacked together frauds they were the whole time.

If you're asking for a deeper meaning it's just I like bad games being shat upon.

As for the IF internal policies there's no direct article but there have been many an autist who has compared things like the sheer number of panty shots in the games and have noticed it's lower than the Japanese birthrates in recent games. The newer games are far more tamer in general. Majority of IF's revenue comes from western nations at this point. The fandom claims to like lolicon IRONICALLY but it never turns out like that, you always get the idiots who feel like they're in good company if you pretend to be idiots long enough. And those idiots will always invite their friends.

They're still complete fucking ass though because they only spend 6 months development time for each one because they want more than 1 per year.
What about bad games like Last of Us Part 2? I think those games are far more deserving because the journalist class loves them and props them up for preaching their ideology.

Also more rambling about lolicon and assumptions...

BananaSplit

kiwifarms.net
He's the kind of guy who pretend to be the moralist guardian, in the same vein of SJWs or /pol/fags, acting as if fictional sexy women can only be appreciated to the eyes of men with too high libido and no self-control. His personal crusade against games with fanservice games have probably more to do with following SIE's stance considering his Sony fanboyism. Either way, it was never about the quality of the games like he's implying.

I'm still extremely dubious about the Super Seducer ban on Switch because of the tweet itself (the April 1st date and that the embed picture doesn't show the mail address of the sender). As far as it's been shown over the last years, Nintendo isn't keen on banning 3rd-parties as long as they obtain official rating board classifications. There is also an upcoming Switch-exclusive horror game that include girl-touching mechanics releasing this month (the kind of gameplay that is a big no-no for modern Sony), so I ain't buying the narrative Moira is fabricating here.

Corn Flakes

Battle Creek's Finest
kiwifarms.net
I don't mind eroges and visual novels and fanservice games, but they really need to be games as well as coomer spank bank material. So I wouldn't be sad to see most of them gone either. there's way too much thoughtless shovelware bashed out in three months that would be better done as a doujin or as non-interactive media. At least do like the original HuniePop and make it a bejeweled clone.

Marissa Moira

kiwifarms.net
He's the kind of guy who pretend to be the moralist guardian, in the same vein of SJWs or /pol/fags, acting as if fictional sexy women can only be appreciated to the eyes of men with too high libido and no self-control. His personal crusade against games with fanservice games have probably more to do with following SIE's stance considering his Sony fanboyism. Either way, it was never about the quality of the games like he's implying.
Moralist Guardian? Since when did one need morals to laugh at weebs who got their waifus thrown in the trash right before their eyes.

If that were the case you would be portraying such well known characters like Nelson from the Simpsons as some sort of authoritative light. One does not need morals in order laugh of those who have chosen poorly, for as the ancient klingon proverb goes "Only a fool fights in a house that continues to burn."

Also yeah Nintendo also has done things like patched in a bunch of censorship to Fire Emblem 3 Houses because a bunch of people got upset over a very nitche reference to Shrek. There's also the well known Xenoblade costume changes that extended to even the main game itself(by making them BIS items). I think many may be overestimating just how much these companies tolerate their actual presence. I mean nintendo has an army of people who buy wii games for 60 dollars. Who's going to be the more reliable and marketable base at the end of the day?

I don't mind eroges and visual novels and fanservice games, but they really need to be games as well as coomer spank bank material. So I wouldn't be sad to see most of them gone either. there's way too much thoughtless shovelware bashed out in three months that would be better done as a doujin or as non-interactive media. At least do like the original HuniePop and make it a bejeweled clone.
Yeah this is the same problem I run into, I've played roughly 30-40 Vns like within the last year from start to finish and they also just get dull, they miss the point of games in the first place. You're entirely right that they would work better as a books, I've also come to the same conclusion. There's no real love or care put into them most of the time either.

Last edited:

Judge Dredd

Senior Layout Artist
kiwifarms.net
Since when did one need morals to laugh at weebs who got their waifus thrown in the trash right before their eyes.
Since you started posting shit like this-
I've played roughly 30-40 Vns like within the last year from start to finish

I think many may be overestimating just how much these companies tolerate their actual presence.
They tolerated them a lot, for a long time. Sony has gone all in on SJW bullshit. Many only fire someone once they become a major PR problem, like Alison Rapp or that woman that worked at Riot.

Marissa Moira

kiwifarms.net
They tolerated them a lot, for a long time. Sony has gone all in on SJW bullshit. Many only fire someone once they become a major PR problem, like Alison Rapp or that woman that worked at Riot.
This I disagree with, a lot of what that is just general modern corporate culture that's found anywhere, you could look at any company and find the same thing. Just look at the capcom leaks for example.

how_many_diversity_checkboxes_is_this_jerry.png

This is currently on Microsoft's home page, Nintendo has new and cringey Brie Larson girl power commercials for the switch. It's not something that's exclusive to sony specifically.

It's just the general flavor and trend of any international corporation. All of which all the major platforms belong to.

Marissa Moira

kiwifarms.net
Wait why the fuck would you do this if you don't even like them? And why are you so obsessed with white knighting Soyny, of all the evil corporations in the world? Outside of those two things you seem pretty sensible.
If I hate something I want to understand it fully. I want to be able to pick it apart and disect it. So I picked like the top 50 or so of what's considered the best and worked my way through it by finishing one a day.

I'm not just going to take someone's word for it that it's bad or good.

Vns tend to be very short, in the time it takes to get through that much it's still shorter than the first two seasons of TNG.

None of these things are literary behemoths, you can finish a LOTR book and a harry potter book in it's entirety within a single day as well.

Last edited: