Culture Wars General - KiA Diet Coke Edition

XMassAllYearRound

It's probably still Christmass somewhere
kiwifarms.net
If I hate something I want to understand it fully. I want to be able to pick it apart and disect it. So I picked like the top 50 or so of what's considered the best and worked my way through it by finishing one a day.

I'm not just going to take someone's word for it that it's bad or good.

Vns tend to be very short, in the time it takes to get through that much it's still shorter than the first two seasons of TNG.

None of these things are literary behemoths, you can finish a LOTR book and a harry potter book in it's entirety within a single day as well.
I have several questions:
Did you seriously just say "I played 50 raunchy VN's for reaserch purposes"?
and
Why did you name your alt Yachie Kicchou? Are you also into Touhou?

albert chan

Spanish women are the best.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Off topic, but does anyone have any archives for the times when video game journalists used to criticize the idea of game emulation by tying it into piracy?

And if possible, any articles of it that were not done by Polygon and Kotaku?

KokoroKoroki

When everyone's a degenerate, no one will be
kiwifarms.net
I don't think I'm ever going to understand Marissa's thought process, the sheer amount of strawman going on with most of the arguments and Sony white-knighting is enough to drive me insane.

I genuinely want to know what makes you defend Sony so vehemently Marissa, it's more evident in the Sony hate thread but why go through all these mental gymnastics to justify Sony's bad decisions?

BrokenWokenBespoken

kiwifarms.net
I don't think I'm ever going to understand Marissa's thought process, the sheer amount of strawman going on with most of the arguments and Sony white-knighting is enough to drive me insane.

I genuinely want to know what makes you defend Sony so vehemently Marissa, it's more evident in the Sony hate thread but why go through all these mental gymnastics to justify Sony's bad decisions?

Because he is an ironic weeb, the kind that likes Dangan Ronpa over Neptunia.

BananaSplit

kiwifarms.net
I don't think if this was posted once but Intel introduced an AI tool which censors words in voice chat and would be filtered before they reach ears.

Timestamp starts at 29:00

Intel Bleep.png

Intel Bleep-2.png

KokoroKoroki

When everyone's a degenerate, no one will be
kiwifarms.net
I don't think if this was posted once but Intel introduced an AI tool which censors words in voice chat and would be filtered before they reach ears.

View attachment 2069487
View attachment 2069486
I can't be the only one that finds it really funny that the racism and xenophobia setting is a slider, implying that some racism and xenophobia is permitted. :story:

XMassAllYearRound

It's probably still Christmass somewhere
kiwifarms.net

View attachment 2069487
View attachment 2069486
I saw it in the Internet and Technology section.
I wish them the best of luck picking up broken accents and outdated lingo (I have yet to meet a filter that censors harlot and tramp).
Popularization of descentralized services cannot come soon enough.

Marissa Moira

kiwifarms.net
Popularization of descentralized services cannot come soon enough.
That's got a big hill to climb up depending on the genre.

For MMOs private servers are already pretty popular. Depending on the game there's a ton of documentation for setting up your own.

For FPS like Counter Strike, that may not happen due to how popular gambling is. Also COD doesn't seem like people are willing to jump onto unofficial servers because there's nobody there and the game is dead on PC. Fortnite is another one where private servers seems unlikely to take off.

Minecraft already has a big private server community, other survival games like Ark can have LAN set up or you can purchase your own server and set your rules.

A lot of genres that used to depend on having some form of limited functionality on the PC kinda died off, RTS games for one and the other being isometric RPGs akin to Diablo.

get_ur_gamon

U better play ur cords r8.
kiwifarms.net
Knuckles cracked
Headset on
N-Word blocker deactivated
Yep its gamer time.

The scale is bizzare: none, some, most and all? It would be interesting to see what they classify as "some" white nationalism. And when it says "feel free to tune", you know god damn right that isn't true. Anyone not using all filters on maximum will get 100% judged as a racist / racist enabler by wokies if this software is normalised. Like how any website that doesn't ban you for calling someone a fag or retard is 'enabling nazism' or whatever.

But I like the idea of a polite suburban parent fine tuning the settings and saying "a little white nationalism is ok, well, maybe I'll go for some abelism too, not too much though. Perhaps I might enjoy the LGBTQ+ hate filter on 'most' today. Hmm decisions decisions."

It reminds me of the whole "we do a little trolling".
"We do some Sexually explicit language." (the right amount if you ask me)

Marissa Moira

kiwifarms.net
Don't take those sliders too seriously, guys. Chances are they're just placeholders for the interface since they have no idea how they're going to implement it even if they have the tech under development.
A good amount of it is just bluster to attract investors.

That ever being fully implemented is all highly unlikely because the big problem and hurdle with it all is that non-english speakers would be affected too. Some words in other languages sound like curse words in english and some words in other languages aren't considered common use curses in english.

FunPosting101

Ebin posting only. No other posts allowed. :DDDD
kiwifarms.net

View attachment 2069487
View attachment 2069486
I wouldn't mind this if it led to people not being banned from games for saying teh horrible no-no words in chat, but lol if anyone thinks that will actually happen. "Nice" to see that 1984 except gayer is moving along quickly though.

Marissa Moira

kiwifarms.net
I wouldn't mind this if it led to people not being banned from games for saying teh horrible no-no words in chat, but lol if anyone thinks that will actually happen. "Nice" to see that 1984 except gayer is moving along quickly though.
I would say that this would be closer to Brazil than 1984 if we're talking about corporate dystopian futures, but any type of filter like this would auto ban any Brazilians who would dare log on.

FunPosting101

Ebin posting only. No other posts allowed. :DDDD
kiwifarms.net
I would say that this would be closer to Brazil than 1984 if we're talking about corporate dystopian futures, but any type of filter like this would auto ban any Brazilians who would dare log on.
And lo, the silver lining to this dark cloud makes it's appearance.

Therealhomor

kiwifarms.net
Anybody else suspect that Vinesauce's and Dan Avidian's attempted cancellations were related? It doesn't seem like a coincidence that they happened so close together and ended the exact same way.

Marissa Moira

kiwifarms.net
Anybody else suspect that Vinesauce's and Dan Avidian's attempted cancellations were related? It doesn't seem like a coincidence that they happened so close together and ended the exact same way.
Look man Vinny had consensual sex with an ADULT woman, not a man, not a dog, BUT A WOMAN. Do you have any idea what the far reaching implications are? He penitraited her with his male genethliac shaft and she was forced by pleasure to let him do it. What is the world coming to when we allow savages like that to get on youtube and read chats that our children and man children spend our hard earned money on?

Society was a mistake, I'm moving to Canada because of this, you Vinnyfags are intolerable.

*rides off in electric car powered by the souls of dead Indian slave children*

Therealhomor

kiwifarms.net
Look man Vinny had consensual sex with an ADULT woman, not a man, not a dog, BUT A WOMAN. Do you have any idea what the far reaching implications are? He penitraited her with his male genethliac shaft and she was forced by pleasure to let him do it. What is the world coming to when we allow savages like that to get on youtube and read chats that our children and man children spend our hard earned money on?

Society was a mistake, I'm moving to Canada because of this, you Vinnyfags are intolerable.

*rides off in electric car powered by the souls of dead Indian slave children*
You could replace "Vinny" with "Danny" in that post and it would read exactly the same. Seriously, the incidents are so fucking alike I keep mixing up memories between them.

1. Both of the "scandals" were a streamer whose also a musician had consensual sex with a grown woman who was also a fan.
2. Someone puts together a word doc "exposing" this and actually trying to make a crime by claiming its "grooming" because the groupie liked the band or stream when she was younger.
3. Multiple C-list Twitter people come out and "corroborate" the evidence by basically saying "I support this!" and nothing else.
4. "Victim" comes out and either backtracks on her claims or outright refutes them
5. Everybody grumbles an apology, flees in embarrassment and the thing dies out while the stream takes some time off to mentally recover.

It's like somebody has the "YouTube muiscial gamerman #MeToo" template set up on their Google Drive and Ctrl+X'd the names and places around. I think it's a 24 hour gay op and it's not even good because they did it twice the same way. Has anyone checked in on Spinosauruskin or Kraut lately? This smells like a David "mommy, you have to clean it when I tinkle outside the toilet because I'm special" Shitrat masterplan.