Culture Wars General - KiA Diet Coke Edition

Corn Flakes

Battle Creek's Finest
kiwifarms.net
Dia is a tranny as far as I know. Also Sophia may be a troon but he's our troon dammit and posts here on occasion as well.
I mean, if we're going to have a troon slapfight, I want to know at least there's one I can cheer for. What people do to themselves without being lolcows is their business, I just don't want troons fucking things up for women and children.

Alter Ego

kiwifarms.net
Yes, Dia Lacina is a tranny. That stylized photo for a Twitter avatar is the only picture of him that I'm aware of, and it might not even actually be him to begin with. From what I can tell, his original claim to fame was blogging about how Horizon Zero Dawn is racist via "cultural appropriation" of native Americans, which launched him into a career in video game journalism when it caught the attention of the fervent Marxist Austin Walker, who at the time had recently left Giant Bomb to become the editor-in-chief of VICE's new gaming vertical Waypoint. If you've listened to the Giant Bomb podcast in the past, you have Dia to thank for that weird aside during their Game of the Year show that year (2017) in which they regurgitated that same message to call Horizon Zero Dawn racist. Since then, Dia has mingled in the furthest Left circle of game journalism, writing primarily for VICE as well as Paste Magazine as a supposed expert on anything native American or "colonialism". While game journalists are already an unpleasant lot, he's one of the most vile from my observation of both his articles as well as his demeanor on social media. This article he wrote ostensibly about God of War is enlightening to how he got to be the way he is, apparently raised by a single overwhelmed mother with no father figure in his life.

Anyway, it's unclear from the first post, but from what I can tell, here's the sequence of dramatic events concerning Dia that transpired over the past couple of days:

First, Dia wrote a review of the new PS5 game Returnal for Paste Magazine, a dour, cynical take for what has otherwise been a well-received game, also throwing in a couple of hard-Lefty political quips out of nowhere for good measure.
1619947244619.png

1619947274364.png

1619947304058.png

Colin Moriarty, a game journalist/media personality who's long been rendered a pariah by his peers due to uniquely being marginally conservative (with Sophia Narwitz as an associate), remarked on the absurdity of this review.
1619947712862.png

This put Dia into a rage which ending with him hiding his Twitter account and supposedly quitting game journalism.
1619948364664.png

So a bunch of game journalists such as Jeff Grub are now playing defense force for Dia and, as usual, speaking of Colin as of he's the Devil sicking his demon horde of 150k Twitter followers on hapless victims. Colin remarked on one such journalist with contributions to Gamespot and Polygon.
1619948929095.png

That guy then hid his Twitter account and has journalists circling their wagons around him as well.
1619949065199.png

Seeing that the journalists are attacking his fans as much as him, Colin wrote a letter to his fans apologizing for getting them caught in this war.
1619950103788.png

In summary
1619950286219.png

albert chan

Spanish women are the best.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Colin Moriarty’s fans seem loyal compared to Dia’s random political fans that try to inject politics in video games because of a “Culture War” that they themselves partook in, not thinking that it would harm them since they’re “one of the good guys”.

Still, attacking his fans for sticking by him is just low-hanging fruit, especially for a video game journalist.

Smaug's Smokey Hole

Sweeney did nothing wrong.
kiwifarms.net
Yes, Dia Lacina is a tranny. That stylized photo for a Twitter avatar is the only picture of him that I'm aware of, and it might not even actually be him to begin with. From what I can tell, his original claim to fame was blogging about how Horizon Zero Dawn is racist via "cultural appropriation" of native Americans, which launched him into a career in video game journalism when it caught the attention of the fervent Marxist Austin Walker, who at the time had recently left Giant Bomb to become the editor-in-chief of VICE's new gaming vertical Waypoint. If you've listened to the Giant Bomb podcast in the past, you have Dia to thank for that weird aside during their Game of the Year show that year (2017) in which they regurgitated that same message to call Horizon Zero Dawn racist. Since then, Dia has mingled in the furthest Left circle of game journalism, writing primarily for VICE as well as Paste Magazine as a supposed expert on anything native American or "colonialism". While game journalists are already an unpleasant lot, he's one of the most vile from my observation of both his articles as well as his demeanor on social media. This article he wrote ostensibly about God of War is enlightening to how he got to be the way he is, apparently raised by a single overwhelmed mother with no father figure in his life.

Anyway, it's unclear from the first post, but from what I can tell, here's the sequence of dramatic events concerning Dia that transpired over the past couple of days:

First, Dia wrote a review of the new PS5 game Returnal for Paste Magazine, a dour, cynical take for what has otherwise been a well-received game, also throwing in a couple of hard-Lefty political quips out of nowhere for good measure.
View attachment 2136039
View attachment 2136040
View attachment 2136041

Colin Moriarty, a game journalist/media personality who's long been rendered a pariah by his peers due to uniquely being marginally conservative (with Sophia Narwitz as an associate), remarked on the absurdity of this review.
View attachment 2136052

This put Dia into a rage which ending with him hiding his Twitter account and supposedly quitting game journalism.
View attachment 2136066

So a bunch of game journalists such as Jeff Grub are now playing defense force for Dia and, as usual, speaking of Colin as of he's the Devil sicking his demon horde of 150k Twitter followers on hapless victims. Colin remarked on one such journalist with contributions to Gamespot and Polygon.
View attachment 2136072

That guy then hid his Twitter account and has journalists circling their wagons around him as well.
View attachment 2136074

Seeing that the journalists are attacking his fans as much as him, Colin wrote a letter to his fans apologizing for getting them caught in this war.
View attachment 2136082

In summary
View attachment 2136085
Thank you for all of that, it is truly great content.

Alter Ego

kiwifarms.net
Colin Moriarty’s fans seem loyal compared to Dia’s random political fans that try to inject politics in video games because of a “Culture War” that they themselves partook in, not thinking that it would harm them since they’re “one of the good guys”.

Still, attacking his fans for sticking by him is just low-hanging fruit, especially for a video game journalist.

As I understand it, the reason why journalists appear to hate Colin's fans just as much as him (aside from the usual rule of guilt by association) is because they're supposedly his vicious attack dogs he maliciously deploys against his enemies on Twitter. Said "victims" are usually people Colin simply remarks on either saying clearly stupid shit (Dia's Returnal review) or slandering him as they've been doing for years (that Khee Hoon guy). I guess the critical evidence of Colin being a malicious actor is that he doesn't subtweet, openly citing whoever he's talking about. Meanwhile, the journalists often talk shit about Colin in subtweets (like calling him "C. M.", if they even use his name at all) as a means to slander him via rumormongering without the knowledge of him or anyone who would defend him.

In regard to Dia in particular, Colin says that he's one of the people who had previously clamored with success for PAX to cancel a panel Colin was going to have there.
1619984941932.png

Here's a couple of Twitter threads from Colin as well as a Kotaku article talking about that PAX panel cancellation at the time.

Miller

kiwifarms.net
1619948364664.png
I love when the fake geeks get exposed and start shitting on the entire industry right before they "quit".
We all know that they will come back soon under a new name with their feminine tail between their legs but this time they will work for some indieshit studio.

Alter Ego

kiwifarms.net
I love when the fake geeks get exposed and start shitting on the entire industry right before they "quit".
We all know that they will come back soon under a new name with their feminine tail between their legs but this time they will work for some indieshit studio.
He didn't just start shitting on the entire industry. In fact, that was the basis of his cynical Returnal review that I linked to above, and it's just part of his general modus operandi as a hardcore, invasive Leftist,

Back me up!

kiwifarms.net
So how has Colin's Moriarty been doing as a pariah of the video game journal group? I didn't follow him before he got kicked out and never really noticed how he has been doing a year or so after.

XMassAllYearRound

It's probably still Christmass somewhere
kiwifarms.net
So how has Colin's Moriarty been doing as a pariah of the video game journal group? I didn't follow him before he got kicked out and never really noticed how he has been doing a year or so after.
He had a semi-successful podcast with Chris Ray Gun, then Chris changed his grift to SJW shit once conventions started cancelling them last second because of Twitter whiners and now I think all he does is show up as a guest in talk shows and act as a producer for small indie titles.

Borax Bozo

Here until I can finally rest.
kiwifarms.net
He had a semi-successful podcast with Chris Ray Gun, then Chris changed his grift to SJW shit once conventions started cancelling them last second because of Twitter whiners and now I think all he does is show up as a guest in talk shows and act as a producer for small indie titles.
The latest episode of "Sacred Symbols" appears to have come out yesterday. I'm not sure why you're talking like it's in the distant past.

elzaw

kiwifarms.net

View attachment 2136039
View attachment 2136040
View attachment 2136041

View attachment 2136052

View attachment 2136066

View attachment 2136072

View attachment 2136074

View attachment 2136082

In summary
View attachment 2136085
Thought as much, I did pick up the "male rage" from her tweetings. Basically, if you read enough game journo hitpieces it becomes easy to spot if a writer is biologically male or female: Women and nonbinary shit tend to cover everything with purple prose and overuse the word "problematic" while the males are usually openly aggressive but stick to the point. The former will call you a piece of shit, while the latter will make you feel like a piece of shit, if you get what I mean...

So the whole fuss is because Dia has a hateboner for Colin, makes sense.

edit: Lol I remember who Dia is now. Her review of Dontnod's transgender game made the resetards turn against her (respecting the pronoun for the sake of convenience, not because I care) because she basically called the game a boring shit.

wp_ss_20210504_0003 (2).png
wp_ss_20210504_0014 (2).png
wp_ss_20210504_0006 (2).png

Fucking resetera is being sane, another proof this is a purgatory.

Last edited: