Culture Wars General - KiA Diet Coke Edition

Syaoran Li

Goth Mom Resurrection
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Looks like a parody account.
It's sad that it's become almost impossible to distinguish obvious satire from what the Woke Left is actually pushing for nowadays.

Even if this wasn't an obvious parody, I think even the most woke of AAA game companies like UbiSoft, Sony, and EA/Bioware would tell them to fuck off if it was actually real. Those demands are so restrictive that it would kill the industry and cause a genuine consumer backlash/boycott that could not be ignored.

Even Jack Thompson was less restrictive in his demands. IIRC, at one point he even agreed to the idea of making M-rated video games 18+ in lieu of an actual ban. The whole "M-rated games for 25+" is what tipped me off about it being a joke.

If it was 18+ or even 21+, I could buy it.

Miller

kiwifarms.net
View attachment 1504784
1. Fuck historical revisionism

2. Fuck the corporate media consolidation that leads to historical revisionism.

3. Remember to ARCHIVE EVERYTHING.
>3 people for the Diversity Equity & Inclusion seat
>They're all women.

Also it's interesting that they have moved the goal post. Now it's about "equity" instead of "equality".

Win98SE

kiwifarms.net
I'm reminded of Mega64 and their unending dedication to not retract shit in the face of controversy. RT clearly beat them in the popularity game, but they're still thriving in their own way and have yet to truly shit on their fans by removing so-called "problematic" content from their past.

Reactions: Aaa0aaa0

Noideawhattopick

kiwifarms.net
Remember the olden game days?
Remember when someone could shout out "rape her" when a presentation was running?
If time code in the link doesn't work it's at 14:25.
Remember when someone said something like that it produced laughter, not because rape is fun, but because the idea in a game-franchise like the elder to be able to rape a virtual character. It's so out of whack that it's funny.
See how much explanation I wrote because I know there's a motherfucker who's going to be offended by that video?
Those were the days

Dom Cruise

kiwifarms.net
Remember the olden game days?
Remember when someone could shout out "rape her" when a presentation was running?
If time code in the link doesn't work it's at 14:25.
Remember when someone said something like that it produced laughter, not because rape is fun, but because the idea in a game-franchise like the elder to be able to rape a virtual character. It's so out of whack that it's funny.
See how much explanation I wrote because I know there's a motherfucker who's going to be offended by that video?
Those were the days
That reminds of something funny I found in scans of an issue of PSM from 2006.

Annotation 2020-08-11 220930.png

Homophobia and a cartoon about beating up a game dev (Can't help but imagine Druckmann), gaming culture used to be so wonderfully edgy, it's really depressing how pussified it's become.

But the thing is back then there was an issue with cynicism, you talk about the Skyrim era in 2011, well I remember around that time endless whining that every new Elder Scrolls was not as good as Morrowind.

Instead of people whining about problematic content it was whining about gaming just not being as good as it used to be.

I'm not saying people didn't have valid criticisms at times, the truth is the 7th gen was a mixed bag, but gamers did still take things for granted back then, gaming culture was at least still for gamers and edgy humor was allowed.

BrokenWokenBespoken

kiwifarms.net
That reminds of something funny I found in scans of an issue of PSM from 2006.

View attachment 1515665

Homophobia and a cartoon about beating up a game dev (Can't help but imagine Druckmann), gaming culture used to be so wonderfully edgy, it's really depressing how pussified it's become.

But the thing is back then there was an issue with cynicism, you talk about the Skyrim era in 2011, well I remember around that time endless whining that every new Elder Scrolls was not as good as Morrowind.

Instead of people whining about problematic content it was whining about gaming just not being as good as it used to be.

I'm not saying people didn't have valid criticisms at times, the truth is the 7th gen was a mixed bag, but gamers did still take things for granted back then, gaming culture was at least still for gamers and edgy humor was allowed.
You are also forgetting we were like 13-20 at the time. We are juvenile, full of life and thinking our potential has no limits. Even Druckmann was in his early 20s when he was working with Naughty Dog.

Syaoran Li

Goth Mom Resurrection
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
You are also forgetting we were like 13-20 at the time. We are juvenile, full of life and thinking our potential has no limits. Even Druckmann was in his early 20s when he was working with Naughty Dog.
True, but the "woke" direction gaming and pop culture in general has taken in the 2010's is also just as immature as the "edgy" culture of the 90's and 2000's, if not more so.

It's childish in a lot of its assumptions and the overall insistence on canceling anything seen as "problematic" is grade school level nanny bullshit, but it also has this aura of pretentiousness and pseudo-intellectual punk smugness to it as well. The preachy hamfisted political messages are on par with 80's cartoon PSA's in terms of how bluntly preachy and in your face they are.

Nobody's allowed to just have fun anymore without some kind of justification behind it, it feels like everything has to have some kind of lofty pseudo-intellectual aura of pretentiousness or it's got to push a specific agenda to avoid being branded as "problematic" and banned via cancel culture and corporate censorship.

Syaoran Li

Goth Mom Resurrection
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I would at least give the 80s cartoon PSAs the credit of sometimes talking about a lesson of Value.

I have no idea what the Fuck the Last of Us 2 is actually trying to say.
"Trigger the chuds. Own the chuds." would be my guess for what that game was trying to say

Last of Us 2 is less of a woke PSA and more of an intentional "Fuck you!" to the gaming hobby since Druckman is a petty bitch and Anita wanted to cash in the last lifeline she had left in the gaming industry before fully moving onto the next grift.

Tags
None