Cultured Meat - Petri Dish Burgers

• Registration is closed without referral. This is a website about Internet drama.

We need a 3PL

Joan Nyan

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
http://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-23576143

While it's prohibitively expensive today, meat grown in vitro will almost assuredly be common in the future. There are numerous, huge advantages to this. The most obvious one is not having to kill animals, which I don't really care about but it'll make vegans shut up so there's that. There's the fact that the ordinary process of breeding an animal, raising it, feeding it, and then finally killing it is horribly inefficient by comparison. You could produce so much more food so much more easily. I think the best part is that space colonies could grow meat.

Sperglord Dante

Useless Guato
kiwifarms.net
Less cattle, less environmental issues.
Cost pressures will make it happen. Real meat will likely become a ridiculously expensive luxury item.
Then third world would probably still produce enough to keep real meat at least somewhat affordable for decades. I imagine real meat becoming like sugar is to high fructose corn syrup pretty fast, though.

Last edited:

Ebola

No Cure For Love
kiwifarms.net
From what I understand, GMOs pose no risk to human health. There was a study where rats were fed GMO and all of them developed tumors. However, what the Alex Jones tards failed to mentioned about the study was that the rats were genetically modified to grow tumors in the first place. I assume the same is true of test tube meat - it's mostly likely totally safe. Just wait a decade or two and I'm sure it will advance enough to replace slaughterhouses.

goldthreadz

kiwifarms.net
hell yea sign me the fuck up.
im all for the whacky future shit like that. livestock makes large portions of green house gas. a little less cattle fields & a little more green is good in my book. I wonder if bovine connective tissue cancer cells in a vat instead of stem will work too?

Chubby_Penguin

Pumpguin
kiwifarms.net
The most obvious one is not having to kill animals, which I don't really care about but it'll make vegans shut up so there's that.
:optimistic::optimistic::optimistic:

Militant vegans will still find something to bitch about. It will just turn into comments like, "You still get the taste for blood!" or "They use the cells of animals to make the meat so they're still abusing them for personal gain!" It doesn't have to be a legitimate complaint as long as they can still feel superior for not eating meat.

I'm not sure how to feel about lab grown meat myself. It could be great if they can finally get it to taste good and be affordable, but who knows how long that will take. Also (going extreme here) if "real" meat ever gets replaced in the market and becomes a rare delicacy how will it affect hunting laws if at all? (I imagine the over abundant deer population would still need to be taken care of.)