Current issues with the market - Any ideas on avoiding the end?

Sage In All Fields

πr8 of the $777Cs
kiwifarms.net
If you have a secured warehouse to store quantities of physical commodities large enough to have a meaningful impact on your portfolio, then go for it. Not everyone does though.
You don't need quantities that large, when hyperinflation kicks in its the only thing that's gonna have any value, it depends what you buy but for example a square metre of copper is like 84k.

Spasticus Autisticus

kiwifarms.net
You don't need quantities that large, when hyperinflation kicks in its the only thing that's gonna have any value, it depends what you buy but for example a square metre of copper is like 84k.
It's also very heavy. How would you transport it? How do you keep it from oxidizing? Who would buy it? Why would they buy from some guy who kept some copper blocks in his garage instead of a warehouse approved by a metal exchange? Copper is mostly an industrial metal, how can you be sure the price of copper won't collapse when hyperinflation disrupts industrial activity? Seems like if you're just concerned about hyperinflation, gold is a far better option.

Kosher Dill

Potato Chips
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I'm having difficulty imagining a scenario where society collapses just enough that you need to start growing your own food and forging your own tools, but not enough that you won't just have your food and tools taken by armed gangs.

If you really want to thrive after the crash, join up with a gang today and start building your organizational cred. The government is the biggest and most respected gang, but it's up to you which you choose.

Sage In All Fields

πr8 of the $777Cs
kiwifarms.net
It's also very heavy. How would you transport it? How do you keep it from oxidizing?
It's not like copper just corrodes overnight, plastic sealed containers would be more than enough to preserve most of it, if you're really paranoid you could always put it in ampules, nitrogen's cheap.

Who would buy it? Why would they buy from some guy who kept some copper blocks in his garage instead of a warehouse approved by a metal exchange?
This is like asking why people buy home made tin on Ebay. Even warehouses need to get their copper from somewhere, it depends on how things goes down.

Copper is mostly an industrial metal, how can you be sure the price of copper won't collapse when hyperinflation disrupts industrial activity?
People would still need copper.

Seems like if you're just concerned about hyperinflation, gold is a far better option.
Sure, I'm not saying you shouldn't get gold, I'm just saying you should get other stuff too, cus it's not like the average person is gonna have a use for gold outside of trade.

If you really want to thrive after the crash, join up with a gang today and start building your organizational cred. The government is the biggest and most respected gang, but it's up to you which you choose.
This will do the complete opposite of helping you survive, you need to be making allies within your community not enemies, they know where you live.

HOMO FOR LIFE

flaunting her autism like a title of nobility
kiwifarms.net
My nigga real estate broker is telling me there are now more houses.....and less buyers.

Buyers are still under the assumption that there is a huge supply shortage and overbidding on underpriced houses. If you price your house at market value you get no bid. If you price your house at below market value you get fuckton of bid.

So you got buyers go bonkers because they are under the assumption that there is still housing shortage.

And the media feeding this idea that there is no house.

Meanwhile, the fundamentals are quickly shifting.

Get ready for some bumpy road bros.

Captain Hastings Official

"Good Lord..."
kiwifarms.net
There are some assets that are valuable in almost all situations, and which are coincidentally the most difficult class for governments, corporations, or even warlords to take from you:

* The ability to perform some sort of skilled labor. Preferably multiple sorts.
* Physical health.
* Strong relationships with friends, family, and neighbors.
* Mental fortitude and calmness.
* The knowledge and willingness to make do with limited resources.

Money cannot, of course, actually buy these things, but it can make their acquisition much quicker and easier. And it's never too early, or too late, to start. Collapse now, and avoid the rush!

Hollywood Hulk Hogan

nWo 4 LyFe
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
If stocks crash, crypto is gonna crash along with it.

There's no way that crypto is ever going to overtake regular currency. No one is going to want a currency that is that volatile. If I am buying something online why would I use crypto over a credit card? If I get scammed, I get refunded by my card company. I get rewards points. I get neither of those with crypto.

Houses are expensive right now because lumber is expensive. I do agree that housing is due for a crash though

Badungus Kabungus

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
"Crypto is volatile" is a generalization made by those who don't understand crypto. Try zooming out from your daily charts and you'll see that some crypto is less volatile than, for example, copper and lumber. Obviously if you invest in MoonElonShitCatCoin, it will be very volatile and you'll get rugged within days. Compare that to something like BTC, ETH, or Link that provided steady gains over the last few years.

Just Some Other Guy

kiwifarms.net
If stocks crash, crypto is gonna crash along with it.

There's no way that crypto is ever going to overtake regular currency. No one is going to want a currency that is that volatile. If I am buying something online why would I use crypto over a credit card? If I get scammed, I get refunded by my card company. I get rewards points. I get neither of those with crypto.

Houses are expensive right now because lumber is expensive. I do agree that housing is due for a crash though
God I can't wait for the absurd lumber prices to tank. Everytime I think "I'm finally going to build me some workbenches in the basement", the $8+ 2"x4"x8's quickly snap me out of it.

Hollywood Hulk Hogan

nWo 4 LyFe
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
"Crypto is volatile" is a generalization made by those who don't understand crypto. Try zooming out from your daily charts and you'll see that some crypto is less volatile than, for example, copper and lumber. Obviously if you invest in MoonElonShitCatCoin, it will be very volatile and you'll get rugged within days. Compare that to something like BTC, ETH, or Link that provided steady gains over the last few years.
Bitcoin isn't volatile? Wtf are you smoking? Currency is meant to be stable, that's the whole point of it. It's for purchasing something, hence stability is good

Badungus Kabungus

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Bitcoin isn't volatile? Wtf are you smoking? Currency is meant to be stable, that's the whole point of it. It's for purchasing something, hence stability is good
Bitcoin is only volatile if you day trade. 1 BTC = 1 BTC.

Speaking of stable currencies, how is that USD inflation going? Only steady thing about USD is its increasing loss of value.

Hollywood Hulk Hogan

nWo 4 LyFe
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Bitcoin is only volatile if you day trade. 1 BTC = 1 BTC.
That's not how it works. That's not how any of this works.

Speaking of stable currencies, how is that USD inflation going? Only steady thing about USD is its increasing loss of value.
It's still a lot more stable than bitcoin. Bitcoin's lost 15% of its value in less than a month. Currency shouldn't be doing that.

Badungus Kabungus

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
That's not how it works. That's not how any of this works.

It's still a lot more stable than bitcoin. Bitcoin's lost 15% of its value in less than a month. Currency shouldn't be doing that.
Zoom out of that monthly chart and you'll see BTC gained it all back and only grew to a new ATH.

USD lost over 10% in a year and isn't planning to stop. You're getting rugpulled by your own government. All liquidity was pulled back in the 70's, devs are minting billions of new USD every week, and to add insult to injury you have to pay the devs a fee on every transaction. Why would anyone use that garbage currency?

DumbDude42

kiwifarms.net
If you have a secured warehouse to store quantities of physical commodities large enough to have a meaningful impact on your portfolio, then go for it. Not everyone does though.

you dont need a warehouse, a single storage room (in the attic or basement or whatever) is enough to store millions of dollars (current year dollars) worth of value in goods.
take ammo for example, if you stack ammo packs (or crates) from floor to ceiling you can get literal tons of it in a very small space. tens of thousands of rounds, maybe hundreds of thousands, no problem.

Spasticus Autisticus

kiwifarms.net
you dont need a warehouse, a single storage room (in the attic or basement or whatever) is enough to store millions of dollars (current year dollars) worth of value in goods.
take ammo for example, if you stack ammo packs (or crates) from floor to ceiling you can get literal tons of it in a very small space. tens of thousands of rounds, maybe hundreds of thousands, no problem.
And then you have the choice to either inform your home insurance provider that you’re storing potentially hazardous material in bulk in your house, or go uninsured and hope nothing bad happens.

Badungus Kabungus

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
To be fair large amounts of ammunition would be a hazard in case of a fire. Emergency services can refuse to enter if you have a whole room full of powder and bullets about to go off.

If you have enough guns and ammo to be a serious investment it makes sense to dedicate a separate structure to it. With proper security and fire-extinguishing systems and everything.

Hollywood Hulk Hogan

nWo 4 LyFe
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Zoom out of that monthly chart and you'll see BTC gained it all back and only grew to a new ATH.

USD lost over 10% in a year and isn't planning to stop. You're getting rugpulled by your own government. All liquidity was pulled back in the 70's, devs are minting billions of new USD every week, and to add insult to injury you have to pay the devs a fee on every transaction. Why would anyone use that garbage currency?
So why would a company take BTC over a credit card? What benefits does BTC have over cash? Other than inflation protection

northstar747

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

*Sigh* I ve worked on and off for a property management company. back during the bubble of 08 I read this website everyday

in 2018 he moved over to http://thehousingbubbleblog.com/index.html

anyway the cheap interest and FHA loans are putting pressure on the market along with people with money trying to park it places.

I dont think will see the insanity of the last bubble because we dont have the banks turning shitty loans into investment products....yet.

However housing is not in my opinion an asset its a consumable. Your appliances, your roof, windows all depreciate I ve worked on countless rental dumps where the landlord just defers shit till the place is dilapidated.

The house I grew up with has a kitchen from fucking 1985 I often get calls from agents trying to bullshit me that they have a buyer.

Also talking with the agents I know the current modern buyers do not want to do a fucking thing they want a house thats ready to go in terms of being "not dated" they have the pre approval and will happy go further into debt for what I would call a shit box then have a handy mans speical or a place thats dated.

Is bit coin an asset or a store of value? I had 100 of those fucking things years ago and I m still kicking myself.

But we have waay too much money chasing waaay to few goods. honestly the fed should just jack up intrest rates and bring on the pain.