Current issues with the market - Any ideas on avoiding the end?

knobslobbin

survivorship bias
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Yeah but what if the blood doesn't go away until the bull comes back out in several years?

(What if it keeps going down)
Inflation isn't going away anytime soon. That doesn't change the fact that crypto is still pure speculation, but like rats fleeing a sinking ship where else are we supposed to go? Gold don't float (that market is still manipulated to hell and back)

melty

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Welp, phase 1 of me locking down my finances has been cleared. Now the proud owner of a house and acre of land well outside the city. Got a great fixed interest rate too. My mortgage payment will also be 20% less then what I am doing for rent right now.

Phase 2 will now be asset accumulation.
Congrats! It seems like you sold your crypto at the right time and things are going well. You've earned it.

mindlessobserver

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Congrats! It seems like you sold your crypto at the right time and things are going well. You've earned it.
Wish I had sold all of it in retrospect lol, but it's going to recover. This isnt "the big one".

I'm just glad I kept working all through COVID. Yeah it meant taking a shitty job in food service, and all my buddies said I was a dumb ass and should have taken the unemployment dole instead. Well jokes on them. I had years of uninterrupted waging. So now I have a house and they are still renting and will be three sheets to the wind of shit goes sideways.

mindlessobserver

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Huge spike in the CPI, which does not include things like Gas. Largest spike since 2008 incidentally. We are right on schedule.

mindlessobserver

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Really not liking core fundamentals now. Prices have started to retreat off their all time high. And not slowly. Precipitous drops in lumber, beef and grain. Lumber is down almost half, corn a quarter and beef also a quarter. Oil is the most alarming though as it's shaved 5% this week in spite of supply restrictions by OPEC and the Biden Adninistration doing everything it can to kill North America's domestic production.

It could just be a price correction, but I don't buy it. The money printer is still blasting away.

I think the reactor is starting to stall. If I am wrong someone please call me dumb.

Scale Smerch

Pass the cluster rockets
kiwifarms.net
Precipitous drops in lumber, beef and grain. Lumber is down almost half, corn a quarter and beef also a quarter.
For lumber at least it's definitely a price correction. The recent spike was entirely distribution-based so the price has rebounded as shipping capacity has improved. Best evidence for this is the lack of mill expansion, none of larger firms have done so given the circumstances. It's the same for other construction materials and hardware, prices rose as shipping got squeezed and are now levelling back out.