"Current year" terms that piss you off

• Registration is closed without referral. This is a website about Internet drama.

Kiwi & Cow

Master of shitposting
kiwifarms.net
Using "tbh" or "smh" instead of punctuation at the end of a sentence. Usually done by irony-poisoned individuals trying to sound nonchalant while posting some dumb statement on Twitter.
TBH, you need to have a very high IQ to understasnd Twitter, SMH.

Something Awful

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
"Can we talk about..."

no.png

Flaming Insignias

Fodlan's Greatest Noble
kiwifarms.net
How do you feel about people saying Drumpt?
Dumb as hell and cringe-worthy, but that's partially because it's hypocritical and vaguely xenophobic alongside being fucking everywhere. The use of Killary is reserved to a a few tiny online circles, and so you need to get used to it.

Jarch6

kiwifarms.net
Humankind, it's not exactly common but I've seen it used even in real life. Besides the obvious political correctness of it, it's a particularly retarded word because humanity already exists.

Also, I actually quite like all the zoomer slang (even if it's mostly ironic enjoyment); fr fr, no cap, that shit bussin :smug:.

Product Placement

kiwifarms.net
CHUD, none of the people who use it know what it means nor have seen the movie C.H.U.D.

Let's Go Bradon, I keep seeing this and I always ask who the fuck is Bradon, only the reply I get is "you know" but I don't fucking know that's why I'm asking. If it's meant to be a codeword for something just grow the balls and say what you mean.

Hebophilia, just the whole "actually you mean Hebophila, not Pedophila" shit. I get why in mental health and research environments they would use the term but outside those environments, if someone tries to correct you for saying pedo instead I auto think that person is a pedo.

Techlash, here is what it means “A strong and widespread negative reaction to the growing power and influence of large technology companies, particularly those based in Silicon Valley.” see with a name like techlash I would think would mean backlash due to shitty tec it's self. The term was coined by The Economist which backs up my theory the only terms they can create end it lash or gate.

LGBT whatever they added to it, I really don't remember what all the letters are now and what's the point of adding the + if you are going to give everything its own letter before the +?

Irish-America, African-America, Italian American and so on. Most of the people who use these terms to describe themselves have never been on holiday to these counties let alone were born or lived there for a good amount of time. I mean the Irish even have a term for these people which is plastic paddies. Nothing wrong with being an American, it's great respecting your ancestry but to pretend you are your ancestors is just another thing.