"Current year" terms that piss you off

• Registration is closed without referral. This is a website about Internet drama.

We need a 3PL

Two Dollars

kiwifarms.net
Not necessarily a current-year term, but: Nigger (and to a lesser extent, other such racial/gender-based terms). Not the word itself, but the double standard regarding who’s allowed to say it. I understand that society as a whole may want to deem certain words offensive or at least say you shouldn’t use them under most civilized situations, but some people treat “the n-word” like “he who shall not be named”, like it’s something that must never be spoken or heard under any circumstance. Never quote it with historical context, censor it from old media, shun those who acknowledge its existence… unless you’re black, then you’re encouraged to say it all you want. I can’t take the notion that “the n-word is offensive to black people” seriously when black music is literally (not figuratively) “nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger, I’m 100% nigger”. Either everyone should be allowed to use it or no one should be allowed to use it; I don’t care which, just pick one.

”b-but that’s niggA, not niggER! it’s completely different!!!”

No it fucking isn’t. Words don’t stop being words just because you use a slightly different inflection when you pronounce them. Call someone a “betch” or tell them to go “fack” themselves and see how they react to it.

Kuchipatchi

Mah mate gave me his funny juice.
kiwifarms.net
theres these people in entertainment who's whole career is reading scripts, novels, comics ect and making sure there's nothing in them that's sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, ect. While a more appropriate name for them might be "Progressive Commissar" their official job title is "Sensitivity Reader"

and I just think that sounds like a job title only a fucking rapist would have
If I ever get an offer for a sensitivity reader, I'll send them some shock image as a reply.

I hate it when people say they "strongly dislike" instead of hate. Just admit that you hate someone, something, etc. You wouldn't say "strongly like" instead of love.
I get what you mean but I slightly disagree. I think that there's a difference between strongly disliking and hating something.
If I strongly dislike something, it means that I really didn't like it but I'll just move on. If I hate something, it makes me angry or I want said thing out of my life for good.

At the same time, I'm not one of those fags that say "hate is a strong word" to people cos it's none of my business how someone feels about something.

Retard Jotaro

JOWEEN WOOK AT DUH GAYDURRR
kiwifarms.net
It's n*t a sp*ci*ic t*rm but I h*te wh*n peo*le d* th*s sh*t

I get that it's people trying to not cause someone anxiety but look, if words on a computer screen causes you legitimate stress. Please fucking end your life now because life isn't going to get easier for you if you keep being a sensitive little faggot who needs words censored out.

Actually scratch that, censorship in general is retarded.

Flaming Insignias

Fodlan's Greatest Noble
kiwifarms.net

I get that it's people trying to not cause someone anxiety but look, if words on a computer screen causes you legitimate stress. Please fucking end your life now because life isn't going to get easier for you if you keep being a sensitive little faggot who needs words censored out.

Actually scratch that, censorship in general is retarded.
I think some of it is an effort to hide their bitching from word filters, because that helps protect the hugbox from trolls and critics.

ToroidalBoat

wat
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I've mentioned it before, but "sexualized", "sexualizing", and "sexualization" are annoying. Not only because it's like the "whomst've" meme how they're derived from "sex" and "sexual", but also because they're such clinical-sounding terms that makes sexuality sound like a medical condition or disease.

The best course of action in Current Year Clown World is to move out of it.

Whether it's to a more conservative small town, the countryside, or "off grid", it seems to be better for one's mental health to not live in that freakshow of a "society".

I've seen it done with "white" as in white people.

Dysnomia

Sucka MC
kiwifarms.net
If I ever get an offer for a sensitivity reader, I'll send them some shock image as a reply.

I get what you mean but I slightly disagree. I think that there's a difference between strongly disliking and hating something.
If I strongly dislike something, it means that I really didn't like it but I'll just move on. If I hate something, it makes me angry or I want said thing out of my life for good.

At the same time, I'm not one of those fags that say "hate is a strong word" to people cos it's none of my business how someone feels about something.

Also, the colloquial use of the term hate is rather watered down from the extreme repulsion that the word is supposed to denote. I think to some people hate and dislike aren't that much different.

Slap47

Hehe xd
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Cultural Genocide

Examples:
1. Eradicating deaf culture by curing deafness with implants.
2. The state crushing indigenous Canadian culture through forced government schooling.

Not Examples:
1. Censorship of problematic cultural ideas like gamers and being white.
2. China literally putting Uygurs in concentration camps to destroy their culture (yes, Canada refuses to acknowledge this as cultural Genocide despite whinging about cultural genocide to justify censorship)

Flaming Insignias

Fodlan's Greatest Noble
kiwifarms.net
One weasel word that pissed me off the past two years has been "police violence." Obviously actual police brutality is bad and beating a guy into a coma for littering should be prosecuted, but "police violence" is used to describe any incident where law enforcement uses force against a criminal to try to conflate shooting a violent perp fighting with an officer with the aforementioned litterbug beatdown.

Meat Target

A&H Chief Meateorologist
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
"Healthcare". Nearly everyone who demands it is a deathfat, a tranny, or a whore. All of them lead horridly irresponsible lifestyles and expect other people to foot the bill.

Eat vegetables, go jog (or hell, go walk), close your legs, and stop giving your fetishes any mind. Quit being a pussy. And any longevity you gain will be spent in a decrepit, dementia-ridden haze.

Stop being so afraid of death that you refuse to live life.

The Last Stand

It's mine, x3. Whose world is this?
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
"Healthcare". Nearly everyone who demands it is a deathfat, a tranny, or a whore. All of them lead horridly irresponsible lifestyles and expect other people to foot the bill.

Eat vegetables, go jog (or hell, go walk), close your legs, and stop giving your fetishes any mind. Quit being a pussy. And any longevity you gain will be spent in a decrepit, dementia-ridden haze.

Stop being so afraid of death that you refuse to live life.
Accounting FOR that, our healthcare system in this country IS shit.

Wojacks annoy me.

Coffee Druid

Your cordial caffeinated chevalier
kiwifarms.net
SO or significant other.

I don't care if you're gay or straight, but this weird erasure of terms like "husband" and "wife' is just annoying.
I don't mind it if it's in a context where it's referring to a generic significant other in a broad sense. But it's also like "partner". It doesn't annoy me per se, but using it in place of boyfriend/girlfriend of husband/wife sounds odd. Like, it's deliberately trying to cover up the sex of the person you're in a relationship with.

Flaming Insignias

Fodlan's Greatest Noble
kiwifarms.net
I don't mind it if it's in a context where it's referring to a generic significant other in a broad sense. But it's also like "partner". It doesn't annoy me per se, but using it in place of boyfriend/girlfriend of husband/wife sounds odd. Like, it's deliberately trying to cover up the sex of the person you're in a relationship with.
I do have to concede that SO and partner can often be more appropriate when dealing with long-term and committed nonmarital relationships than simply calling the person your girlfriend/boyfriend, but you're right. Most people that use the term seem to be using it in order to avoid using gendered terms to describe their romantic partner, and it gets extra annoying when it seems like they made that decision simply to play the Gender Game.

Kiwi Lime Pie

The tasteful spring treat. 🥝🥧🐈
kiwifarms.net
Like, it's deliberately trying to cover up the sex of the person you're in a relationship with.
I could understand this when same-sex relationships were still looked at negatively. Now that they'r emore accepted, there are few contexts where a guy introducing his boyfriend or a lady introducing her wife will get something less welcoming than, "How do you do?"

To be more succinct, it comes across as a failed attempt to be cutesy.

Even if it's been mentioned before, "child birther" as a gender-neutral term for parent/mother is a piss-off. Apart from oppresion points, I don't see how women who claim body dysmorphia and become FTM transgender think it's a good thing to do a female-centric thing such as getting pregnant and insist or wordsmith that, "Men get pregnant too."