"Current year" terms that piss you off

• The site is having difficulties because our bandwidth is totally overextended. Our 1Gbps line is at 100% even when there aren't 8000 people on the site. We were supposed to get a second Gbps line months ago but I'm struggling to get technicians scheduled to set it up.

The Empirical Bogey

Bogeystein & Friends LLC - Dealers In Nip Wares
kiwifarms.net
"Unconscionable." One of the most corporate and establishment words. I suppose it derives from "conscious" but to me it means "we command you to be mad as a ragejack right now" because I've only seen it used by politicians and the media. Even worse, a five syllable word is too long for stress-timed English.

Using "they/them/theirs" exclusively, not just when the gender is unknown/hypothetical. Thankfully this seems to be confined to dangerhairs on the internet - for now. "He" and "she" probably won't be lost, even Finnish (which is gender-neutral absolutist) has male and female pronouns in informal usage, because they convey needed information which is the point of language.

Oglooger

One of few based™ oldfags
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
There's a new pro-abortion talking point, and it's the notion that "guns have more rights than women". Despite this claim being debunked numerous times, leftists still parrot it everywhere, and it's already gotten fucking annoying to see this claim everywhere.
A new one I'm seeing is where someone tries to own their opponent by saying the picture of an embryo they posted is ACSHUALLY a nom human embryo and that's somehow an own on prolife

Friendly Primarina

50% more friendly than the average Primarina
kiwifarms.net
"chalk full"
I can see how some accents might make it sound like "chalk" instead of "chock." Still, it makes my day very fractionally worse whenever I see it.

Where's Waldo?

kiwifarms.net
This new thing I've seen where someone replies with "My brother in Christ..." followed by some sort of (almost always mind numbingly retarded) 'gotcha' statement, usually of the political variety. It wore out its welcome really quickly for me as it just seems so tryhard (and because its often political usage is usually of the genuine variety.) For those who've no idea what I mean, it usually goes something like this as an example:

Person 1: "these mass shootings really are awful"
Person 2: "My brother in Christ, your profile picture shows you holding an AR-15"
I've heard people say that it's basically a replacement for 'my nigga', but one that people won't get yelled at for using.

Chao Garden

funny dog
kiwifarms.net
There's a new pro-abortion talking point, and it's the notion that "guns have more rights than women". Despite this claim being debunked numerous times, leftists still parrot it everywhere, and it's already gotten fucking annoying to see this claim everywhere.
reminds me of how I keep seeing the claim that ectopic pregnancies/miscarriages etc. are solved with an abortion even though that's blatantly wrong

Flaming Insignias

RIP Billy Kametz, 1987-2022
kiwifarms.net
I think it's worse that they're trying to go with “corpses have more rights” now because organ donation is opt-in at the current time. They really do not want to open that can of worms, but they are anyway.

The Lawgiver

THE LONGER THE ICON OF SIN IS ON EARTH THE STRONGE
kiwifarms.net
Anything tied to "neurodivergent" shit, specifically the autism shit has been my own little personal hell lately. I keep running into these fuckers both online and irl more and more that get all huffy and pretentious about having high functioning autism as if it means they need special care and treatment and ass kisses, and it really seems we're now entering an age where the fucking "I HAVE ASPERGERS!!!!" deflection shit people used to make fun of because of how dumb it was is now the fucking status quo for "autist" encounters. The "masking" shit is especially stupid because the whole point of high functioning autism/aspergers is people literally can barely tell you have it and it's literally just "oh you need social cue training, maybe some anger management or personal therapy shit, maybe pop some pills because big pharma needs money" kinda deal. there's literally nothing to "mask" aside from being a pretentious piece of shit and unironically deciding autism is your personality.

These kinds of people have also made me genuinely despise the word "stim" so that's something else too.

ToroidalBoat

wat
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
pro-abortion euphemism
I don't like the woke idea that a fetus is "just a lump of tissue" until the moment of birth when "it" magically becomes a person.

That seems to be where the thinking that "men shouldn't have a say in the abortion debate" comes from.

Although it is funny when people respond to "men shouldn't have a say in abortion" with "then men shouldn't have to pay for it".

Last edited:

Book Thief

Literature Liberator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
"Partner."

Primarily because gender-neutral terms for "person you are married to" already exist, like "spouse" or "significant other," so "partner" feels completely redundant. When I hear the term "partner," my mind immediately jumps to iconic duos, like Batman and Robin or Sonic and Tails, not married couples.

"Black and brown bodies" really activates my almonds. It's so obvious that one of those is the dingleberry forcibly stapled to american nigger-politics, but somehow it should be globally applied because of slavery and reparations.
I'm thankful that anyone using those terms immediately outs themselves as a massive cunt.