"Current year" terms that piss you off

• Registration without invitation will be until July 4th, and we are reforming account penalties.

MalwareBytes has, again, blocked both the .net and .cc domains for the Kiwi Farms. Complain to them, not me.

Marco Fucko

I fantasized about this back in Chicago
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
"Erasure."
E.g.: Erasure of trans folx by misgendering them.

Trying to equate someone not capitulating to their newspeak bullshit to dehumanizing or even murdering them is subversive to the point where it's insulting.

Ah yes, the x suffix.

Latinx
Folx

Who comes up with this shit? Retards, that's who.

The Gangster Computer

It just works.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I'm not sure if this counts, but people who use the word "hashtag" before a one or two word statement in real life as if they were on twitter really crumples my jonathans. Aside from that, the only thing that bugs me more is people who use "Its [CURRENT YEAR]! Why can't [X] be better?!" as an argument.

Edit:
the entire concept of "gender" and all its derivatives

anyone using those words unironically is impossible to take seriously as a person
I never used to have a problem with the word "gender" prior to the late 2000s back when people simply used it as a substitute for "sex" to differentiate between the act of intercourse and genitals. That's what most apparently thought anyway. "Gender" as a substitute for "sex" was commonly used in media (especially kids media) after "sex" was deemed too "naughty" by the FCC and similar groups. A shame it didn't just devolve into another word for "sex/genitals", but colleges and tumblr types had to dig up its twisted origins again and re-popularize the old insanity. Thanks a lot John Money, you wacko.

Example of media that foolishly popularized the term to insane heights:
Incidentally, when I first caught wind of the gender craze online, it was mostly from pokefreaks. Its like the worst of the net sprung up from the pokemon fanbase and bronies.

Last edited:

Maxliam

You all disgust me.
kiwifarms.net
"Erasure."
E.g.: Erasure of trans folx by misgendering them.

Trying to equate someone not capitulating to their newspeak bullshit to dehumanizing or even murdering them is subversive to the point where it's insulting.
To be fair I am cool with lining them up against a wall and shooting them so they're not too far off when it's someone like me is concerned.

Role-models

Because obviously little Claire should be getting her inspiration on how to be a functioning adult from a cartoon or movie character and not, let's say, her family.
People want TV to babysit their kids. Hell they want them to raise the little motherfuckers.

I just hate when people use the term "woke", and they're being serious as if they just discovered something completely mind-blowing or they deem their kid a prodigy or some shit.
I hate that shit. I don't care about that faggotry.

TheCapybara

kiwifarms.net
Xe and xer and every stupid ass term that starts with x that I can't be bothered to learn. Who the fuck would choose to be referred to in a way that makes them sound like an alien overlord from a 80s cartoon? And are we counting acronyms? Because LGBTQQIP2SAA or whatever the fuck ruffles my feathers. What even is the rest of it? The first four, whatever, they were silly and obnoxious, but at least I could remember them, but I have no clue what the rest of these even are.

Edgeworth

That was... Objectionable
kiwifarms.net
Ah, so many people saying things that I agree with!

My fuckin' least favourite is "cancelled" because that's retarded. I'm also not sure if this counts as 'current' but last year, I personally heard a lot of "rip" going around and I hated that, too. I don't even know why, it just really shat in my coffee.

Honourable mentions are "literally" still being used incorrectly, the previously mentioned "social construct" as well as "folx" and "valid".

The Great Chandler

"Pickleless girls don't marry virgin boys"
kiwifarms.net
Their insistance that the word "terrorist" can apply to motiveless mass murderers because "it involves killing people". This leads to clueless internet Muslims and SJWs doing the same, but with "religious bias" and "race" added to it.

Last edited:

Muttnik

To the stars!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
"Toxic Masculinity".
It's just another way to shit all over men for existing and it pretends that women can't be just as, if not more, toxic. The people that spout this shit have never seen a catfight involving one woman ripping out the other's fingernails because the latter made a snarky comment about what the former was wearing. They've never seen girls completely sabotage each other in the workplace or emotionally manipulate young vulnerable girls into having irrational expectations about how they should look and dress.

Everyone has the potential to be a shitty awful person with problems they need to sort out. But labeling it all on masculinity doesn't solve the problem and will more likely just piss people off than finding a solution.

Duncan Hills Coffee

Brutal
kiwifarms.net
"Toxic Masculinity".
It's just another way to shit all over men for existing and it pretends that women can't be just as, if not more, toxic. The people that spout this shit have never seen a catfight involving one woman ripping out the other's fingernails because the latter made a snarky comment about what the former was wearing. They've never seen girls completely sabotage each other in the workplace or emotionally manipulate young vulnerable girls into having irrational expectations about how they should look and dress.

Everyone has the potential to be a shitty awful person with problems they need to sort out. But labeling it all on masculinity doesn't solve the problem and will more likely just piss people off than finding a solution.
And by extension, "mansplaining." God, I hate that word. It's completely reductive since it's basically dismissing someone's argument entirely on the basis of their gender, something they can't really control. It's a form of bigotry in and of itself because it's dismissing someone's opinion or input based on their identity, and yet it's seen as perfectly acceptable.

wylfım

To live a lie, or die in a dream?
kiwifarms.net
And by extension, "mansplaining." God, I hate that word. It's completely reductive since it's basically dismissing someone's argument entirely on the basis of their gender, something they can't really control. It's a form of bigotry in and of itself because it's dismissing someone's opinion or input based on their identity, and yet it's seen as perfectly acceptable.
Wow look at the toxic masculinity in action with this mansplainer over here.
Next thing I know you'll be manspreading all over the thread, you racist piece of (literally Hitler) shit.

Clop

kiwifarms.net
My pet pissing off peeves have to do with an endless dictionary of words that pop up in dating scenes.

"Non-monogamous"
"Genderfluid"
"Heteroflexible"
"Questioning"
"Queer"
"Demisexual"
"Polyamorous" (I have no fucking idea how they think it's different from 'non-monogamous' but I don't think words mean shit to these crazies)
"Pansexual"
"Ally" (For the Horde!)

Any single one of these could be replaced with "Straight, anti-Trump female*" and that would at least be somewhat amusing and give something to talk about during a date.

For all I know, any person using these fucking things could be a nice person who just treats them like astrology signs, but these are just an exceptional level above the parlor trickery of Uranus-gazing that makes you not want to even bother asking. In a few years they might even get over it and go back to using actual words that mean shit, but usually you're hitting your mid-thirties before the realization creeps in.

Silver lining to everything, though; "Straight" is becoming retroactively hip because that's actually a way to stand out from the rest. Ironically enough.

*The only men I've seen using these terms were pre- and post-op transgenders.

MarvinTheParanoidAndroid

This will all end in tears, I just know it.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I just hate when people use the term "woke", and they're being serious as if they just discovered something completely mind-blowing or they deem their kid a prodigy or some shit.

And it's always done over a difference of opinion, especially political, even more especially if it's a sexist political opinion. It helps that the people who use it are usually enormous losers who read entry level philosophy books.