"Current year" terms that piss you off -

Witlich

Semi - Clever Girl
kiwifarms.net
"Social distancing"

There has to be a better word combination for the idea behind this phrase. Every time I see it or hear it, I don't think of keeping physical distance away from others to avoid spreading illness, I think of being forced into social isolation and slowly being driven mad by loneliness. Of course, with how polarized the political climate is the last few years, this is probably on purpose.

EvaBraunsGhost

I was like - whuuuuut???
kiwifarms.net
'The New Normal' - well granted it may be 'new' but 'normal' it is not, and never will be - how the fuck is wanting people to hide in their homes, terrified that everyone is suddenly a biohazard 'normal'

'Social Distancing' - the fuck? That is such an oxymoron of a phrase it actually makes me want to bounce heads off pavements whenever I hear it

'We are all in this together' - ahahahaha ok if you say so - some far more than others

'We need to talk about...' generally preceding something that really doesn't need talking about

Aaaand - all the BLM stuff - jeeez we were taught not to see colour 'cos racist, now they want you to see colour, but if you do, you're racist... (Headfuck) basically ANYTHING that falls into the divide-and-rule shit enrages me right now

Seriously, 2020 needs to do one...

Overcast

Mmmph...
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
'Social Distancing' - the fuck? That is such an oxymoron of a phrase it actually makes me want to bounce heads off pavements whenever I hear it

'We are all in this together' - ahahahaha ok if you say so - some far more than others
Working at a grocery store, I have the pleasure of hearing both these phrases ad nauseum eight hours a day, five days a week through the PA's that play through the intercom constantly reminding people to wash their hands, wear a mask, ect.

One phrase to me was particularly soul crushing. "Eliminate all physical contact, such as handshakes and hugs. For now, let's just smile at each other!" Like, not postpone or refrain, or some other neutral word for it. Eliminate.

They play so often that sometimes they overlap each other. Couple that with having to wear a mask and constantly be around nothing but people wearing masks and sometimes it's almost too much for me.

I'm just grateful I'm being paid pretty well and I'm working with really good people.

PortsideDave

Concentration camp counselor
kiwifarms.net
"Boomer" and "Karen." They're both fired off by intellectually-bankrupt individuals who automatically dismiss arguments based on who's making them, and it sounds so annoying to hear them constantly repeat them like a retarded budgerigar who thinks they're the smartest fucker on Planet Earth. The use of the word "Karen" as a derogatory term particularly pisses me off because I have a relative named Karen.
Using memes outside of the internet was a mistake.

EvaBraunsGhost

I was like - whuuuuut???
kiwifarms.net
Working at a grocery store, I have the pleasure of hearing both these phrases ad nauseum eight hours a day, five days a week through the PA's that play through the intercom constantly reminding people to wash their hands, wear a mask, ect.

One phrase to me was particularly soul crushing. "Eliminate all physical contact, such as handshakes and hugs. For now, let's just smile at each other!" Like, not postpone or refrain, or some other neutral word for it. Eliminate.

They play so often that sometimes they overlap each other. Couple that with having to wear a mask and constantly be around nothing but people wearing masks and sometimes it's almost too much for me.

I'm just grateful I'm being paid pretty well and I'm working with really good people.
That sounds awful, honestly - I'd have lost my shit by now and no mistake

I'm with you on that 'eliminate', sounds pretty sinister doesn't it?
Nothing, nothing about any of these regulations makes any sense from the point of controlling a virus - however they make a lot of sense from controlling the populace

Here in the UK, it was announced earlier this week that face coverings will be compulsory in stores - from the 24th!!!
As far as I can tell, that doesn't apply to staff though
It's nonsense

Glad you've got decent people to work with!

Make Anime Illegal

CONFISCATE their waifus
kiwifarms.net
The term "equality."

Two noun phrases are equal if their referents are identical. In other words, X = Y means that X and Y are two different ways of writing the same thing.

"2 + 2" and "4" are equal.
"George Washington" and "The first president of the United States" are equal.

However, no person is equal to any other person.

There is a related notion, Equivalence, that is used to describe things that are not identical but the same in some sense. For example, we might say that two people with the same net worth are "wealth-equivalent." But there are an infinite number of such relations, most are contradictory and none is canonical. Hiding which one you're talking about by calling it "equality" is dishonest and reduces everything you say to empty rhetoric.

TheGreatCitracett

Disciple of the wise Morgan Freeman Owl
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The term "equality."

Two noun phrases are equal if their referents are identical. In other words, X = Y means that X and Y are two different ways of writing the same thing.

"2 + 2" and "4" are equal.
"George Washington" and "The first president of the United States" are equal.

However, no person is equal to any other person.

There is a related notion, Equivalence, that is used to describe things that are not identical but the same in some sense. For example, we might say that two people with the same net worth are "wealth-equivalent." But there are an infinite number of such relations, most are contradictory and none is canonical. Hiding which one you're talking about by calling it "equality" is dishonest and reduces everything you say to empty rhetoric.
Well now they're phasing out "equality" in favor of "equity" because the people demanding special rights, special treatment, and free shit are done even pretending they just want to be seen as equal and now openly want to just stomp all over everyone normal with impunity.

Equality is now a racist concept.

Everyone but whites should have more rights and special treatment based solely on skin color. That's equity.

Tags
None