"Current year" terms that piss you off -

ToroidalBoat

Token Hispanic Friend
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Not a term, but a trend I've noticed in Current Year is hipsters trying to convince you that something that is definitely shit is, in fact, not shit - with hot take bullshit.

I mean crap like this: "How Everyone Wearing Masks Is A Good Thing", "Why The 21st Century Is The Best Time In History", or "Here Is Why The End Of Physical Media Is A Good Thing".

It doesn't have to be "journalism" either. It's like saying "you gotta accept this bullshit that's been forced on you".

JambledUpWords

Y’all are attracted to me, lez be real here
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
3AA08D81-E488-4C24-9897-7D251831F753.jpeg
“X only proves our/my point”. It’s a lazy way of arguing that really should go the way of the dodo. You can make many things “prove your point”, but if you can’t back it up well, it falls apart quickly. It’s also really smarmy and just about anyone sounds insufferable when they use it. This phrase crosses all political spectrums. A better way of saying this would be “X supports my Y because...”. It’s not as short, but it’s way less condescending and other people are more likely to listen because of that.

Synthetic Smug

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
View attachment 1458856
“X only proves our/my point”. It’s a lazy way of arguing that really should go the way of the dodo. You can make many things “prove your point”, but if you can’t back it up well, it falls apart quickly. It’s also really smarmy and just about anyone sounds insufferable when they use it. This phrase crosses all political spectrums. A better way of saying this would be “X supports my Y because...”. It’s not as short, but it’s way less condescending and other people are more likely to listen because of that.
Is this photo some sort of antisemitic joke?

• Thunk-Provoking
Reactions: JambledUpWords

Return of the Freaker

The ass was THIS fat
kiwifarms.net
Any time the term "valid" is used unironically to describe a person, group of people,TV show, etc.
Anything that was referred to as valid before SJW Tumblr shit, start using that to fuck with people

"Hey is this coupon still trans?"

On second thought this could easily backfire into "le quirky lgbbq hipster humor". Fuck.

seasazad

kiwifarms.net
Calling people "folks" or especially "folx" on social media makes me want to cringe out of my skin when I see it.

The worst, though, is when game streamers scream "LETS GOOO" at the top of their fucking lungs when anything they like happens. Did Ninja start that trend? I bet it was that blue haired little piece of shit.

Something Awful

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
"Read the room." Obnoxious and creepy. Basically, stop having any thoughts that deviate from the norm. Ideally, communicate only in easily digestible memes and buzzwords. Mind-meld with the room, citizen.

Reading the room is an ability that's required for survival in totalitarian societies, and I hate that shit.

ToroidalBoat

Token Hispanic Friend
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
One thing I've noticed is that all 3 of the major shit trends in the past 20 years have "social" in them, and rather ironically.

"Social media" in the '00s.

"Social justice" in the 2010s.

"Social distancing" in 2020.

So any new shit trend that appears in the next 10 or so years will likely begin with "social" as well.

Uncanny Valley

ONE MORE GOD REJECTED
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
"Read the room." Obnoxious and creepy. Basically, stop having any thoughts that deviate from the norm. Ideally, communicate only in easily digestible memes and buzzwords. Mind-meld with the room, citizen.

Reading the room is an ability that's required for survival in totalitarian societies, and I hate that shit.
They taught me that in high school...

• Feels
Reactions: ToroidalBoat
Tags
None