"Current year" terms that piss you off -

Meat Target

I'm what you call a professional
kiwifarms.net
"Veteran". The whole "thank you for your service" meme got so overdone that now every desk jockey, janitor, and pack mule who ever wore a uniform is now on par with Rambo. Especially when someone flaunts their "service" as if it makes them morally superior or an expert on a subject.

Meat Target

kiwifarms.net
View attachment 1458856
“X only proves our/my point”. It’s a lazy way of arguing that really should go the way of the dodo. You can make many things “prove your point”, but if you can’t back it up well, it falls apart quickly. It’s also really smarmy and just about anyone sounds insufferable when they use it. This phrase crosses all political spectrums. A better way of saying this would be “X supports my Y because...”. It’s not as short, but it’s way less condescending and other people are more likely to listen because of that.
"Our Democracy©️". It's so sanctimonious. If the Right were as brutal and fascist as they claim, they would already have eaten asphalt, boot leather, or lead by the hundreds of thousands.

Whenever they play the Our Democracy©️ card, they really mean Their Hegemony.

ToroidalBoat

Token Hispanic Friend
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

Longcat

Feline of Extraordinary Length
kiwifarms.net
I’ll add that “enby” as a cutesy-poo shorthand for non binary really grinds my gears. Often it goes hand in hand with terms like “smol soft bean” and makes me wonder how anyone takes the genderspecials seriously. I can’t find the exact picture but it reminds me of that comic with the side by side comparison of a real tranny and a trender.

Stardust

Ģιίττεર ƣƲεεɴ
kiwifarms.net
It has been said before, but I want to add another vote to"influencer". Now the why my vote goes here:

The term popped up here and there on my social media circle, but I chalked it up to dumb shit. It, unfortunately, is appearing more and more, but I thought, well, it will stay online. Nobody is going to unironically use it offline. Right?

This morning, a co-worker was talking trash about somebody they knew (not another co-worker), as we were clocking out. In this vent of theirs they say, "The bitch be actin' like she somebody, but her influencer status only double digits!" Then mentions how she has triple digits on Facebook herself.

Friend counts are the new power level, I guess. Not experience, talent, or education. It made me fucking cringe hearing that.

FluffyTehFennekin

Putting chemicals in music that turns weebs gay!
kiwifarms.net
I’ll add that “enby” as a cutesy-poo shorthand for non binary really grinds my gears. Often it goes hand in hand with terms like “smol soft bean” and makes me wonder how anyone takes the genderspecials seriously. I can’t find the exact picture but it reminds me of that comic with the side by side comparison of a real tranny and a trender.
Saying “smol” in general just sounds weird

aricebowl

Just a bowl of rice
kiwifarms.net
The words “body positivity” piss me off most the time because I hate how the left use it. Instead of them putting time and effort into helping people like burn victims or people that don’t have all their limbs who can’t help looking like they do as well as the hit to peoples self esteem when they get burned or when you lose a limb , they instead waste their time on morbidly obese woman because they got their feelings hurt when someone calls them fat over the internet.

Meat Target

kiwifarms.net
"Bothsidesism" and "Whataboutism". Whenever an MSM outlet gives a Righty a platform, or whenever Leftist lunacy is pointed out, the Journalists™️ and Twatterati lemmings cry those terms.

Both of those terms are tacit admissions by Leftists (though they cannot admit it) that they are hypocrites, and that they outright deny that anyone has a right to an opinion different from their own. They are absolutely perfect and righteous; any evidence to the contrary is LITERALLY VIOLENCE.

I also can't stand how "conspiracy theory" has been bastardized to mean "basic pattern recognition" or connecting the dots. All it takes for a "conspiracy" is two or more people collaborating to do something illegal or illicit.

And then, for example, they endlessly blather about RussiaGate, or claim that violent Antifa rioters are acktchually Proud Boys and the KKK in disguise.

yoshitsune

Late Heian period cowboy
kiwifarms.net
I always wonder if whoever thought up the term PoC which is just "colored people" in the Norman genitive ever realized that it can easily be co-opted to mean "Pieces of Crap"
It's weird how Russian liberals all act like Sanfranciscans.
All radlibs act like Sanfranciscans, it's like this weird worldwide monoculture of the same people.

The Monkey

kiwifarms.net
I'm most likely late on this one, but "social distancing" is the term that gets me. It's a stupid, cutesy term that doesn't need to exist. It reads like a soulless corporate apology that is insincere. (kind of like when a celebrity gets Metoo'd and just cries "I'll DO BETTER, FELLOW ALLIES".)

If somebody is in your space, just tell them to please back up instead of having to mutter "s-social distancing, d-dude."

Tags
None