"Current year" terms that piss you off -

Ma Wang

kiwifarms.net
I've been wondering how long it'll be for the wokesphere to start cannibalizing itself over PoC because it's so similar to calling someone a colored person
Probably part of the reason they came up with BIPOC. It takes blacks and amerindians out of "people of color", and leaves it as a Schrodinger's box that other non-whites can be shuffled in and out of at their convenience.

AprilRains

Drowning Pumpkin
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Trauma-informed = know that most ANTIFA fags will cry if you call them faggots when they are faggots
gender affirming = won't misgender the precious troons even if they look like Arnold Schwarzenegger
anti-racist = will try to arrest mostly white people because tryon dindu nuffin its dem white devils I tell ya
Praxis - A word they heard somewhere. Don't tell them who invented it. It might mean performative, or Weltanschauung, or something smart. So they're smart because they say it! Fear them!

>feds finally taking action against rioters after 2 months is literally oppression
Fuck off ACLU

To stay on topic:
*y'all/folks/literally any Southern accent phrase
*peeps
*valid
*AFAB/AMAB (or any tranny slang for that matter)
*fragile (ironic part is that 90% of people who use "fragile" are just as sensitive, if not more, than the people they're talking about)

Whole lot more that I don't want to remember.

Last edited:

Coffee Druid

Your friendly caffeinated chevalier
kiwifarms.net
It's not really a "term" or phrase but mainly a concept that I see all the time this year. The whole "who here had (x disaster or bad thing going on) on their bingo card?" AKA taking some minor issue and pretending that's the flavor of the month problem. Sure, there are some genuine things like the Australian fires, riots and mainly, the virus. But murder hornets were literally not a problem aside from maybe a handful of people seeing them. Maybe it's just me.

Doctor Placebo

Soleimani's back. Tell a friend.
kiwifarms.net
"Bothsidesism" and "Whataboutism". Whenever an MSM outlet gives a Righty a platform, or whenever Leftist lunacy is pointed out, the Journalists™️ and Twatterati lemmings cry those terms.

Both of those terms are tacit admissions by Leftists (though they cannot admit it) that they are hypocrites, and that they outright deny that anyone has a right to an opinion different from their own. They are absolutely perfect and righteous; any evidence to the contrary is LITERALLY VIOLENCE.

I also can't stand how "conspiracy theory" has been bastardized to mean "basic pattern recognition" or connecting the dots. All it takes for a "conspiracy" is two or more people collaborating to do something illegal or illicit.

And then, for example, they endlessly blather about RussiaGate, or claim that violent Antifa rioters are acktchually Proud Boys and the KKK in disguise.
The tactic itself was used by pinkos to deflect from human rights abuses in the USSR ("what about Jim Crow?"). Their successors cry "whataboutism" today, because they invented whataboutism.
It should be noted that the "whataboutism" of yesteryear wasn't simply pointing out problems on the hip kids' side and definitely wasn't just giving both sides a platform. It was specifically diverting from an issue by bringing up some other thing that can be pinned on the enemy (the big bad capitalists and Americans) and avoiding talking about the original issue that way.

I've also noticed that lefties who've co-opted the term, usually the "Vote blue no matter who" variety, will accuse someone of whataboutism or bothsiderism when that person points out facts that are directly relevant to the topic being discussed.

For example:
Saying "but China started the virus" when someone criticizes Trump's response to Wu Flu, can be called a valid example of whataboutism. The topic isn't who started the virus, but how the US president dealt with it.

Saying, "A higher percentage of Democrats just voted to keep US troops in Afghanistan than Republicans did" when someone says to vote for Dems because Republicans are "warmongers' is not whataboutism. The topic is which party is more likely to cause or continue wars, therefore pointing out the Democrats' recent record on the subject is highly relevant.

Hux

kiwifarms.net
"Remove Toxic People From Your Life"

Now, I don't have a problem with the phrase itself since it's actually good advice, god knows it's something I had to do and I'm much better off for it. What I do have a problem with is the the people who repeat that line ad nauseum since if you dig deep enough, you come to really take a look at what kind of people they are and come to find out they seem to be the most toxic fuckers you'll ever lay eyes on. It's one thing if you recognize that you fall in with a bad crowd and you decide to get away from them, but no, their definition of "toxic people" just so happens to be just about the entirety of their families and all of the people they grew up with, often times skipping town as soon as they have the means to with absolutely nothing good to say about anyone about the people from said hometown. At that point it's a question between "Did these people just happen to have been dealt that shitty of a hand when it comes to the company they were surrounded by in their life?" or "Were they actually just some kind of anti-social shitbag who was such an insufferable asshole to everyone else that no one else could stand being around them and they went all their lives telling themselves "Everyone in my whole life is toxic except me"?"

One of the things I find most fascinating about these exact same people is that if you look them up on social media after you cut them out, they sometimes post about how they're depressed, lonely, going through some kind of bad time and you start to feel sorry for them. Scroll down a bit further, though, and you're immediately met with them doing or saying something that reminds you of what shit people they really are, reminds you why you gave them the axe and why a lot of their misery is their own fault

DDBCAE CBAADCBE

Buying a Switch & Animal Crossing with Trump bucks
kiwifarms.net
I guess this one is more of a concept than any one particular phrase but if we need a word for it I'd probably file it neatly under the term "Source?"

One big issue I've had with a lot of my liberal minded associates lately is that we can't have a normal conversation about something that happened without the person immediately spouting "What's your source for that?" or "I'll need a link as proof" meanwhile all I said was "Yeah so, Kroger is out of milk" or whatever. You can google shit. I don't have time to hold your fucking hand. Believe me or don't, I don't need your approval.

round robin

kiwifarms.net
I personally cannot stand seeing people lauded over their accomplishments in relation to their sex/race/whatever in the modern age. "The first X Y person to Z" is so shallow and completely takes away from the individual to focus on their identity. But any decently leftist rag will always be sure to mention how Missy McGee is "the first black trans woman with aids to finish the SATs in under an hour in Conway, Massachusetts" when the article is about him raping seven kids in a subway parking lot.

Tl;dr people obsessed with trying to be "the first" at something, especially if that something is highly specific and unimpressive.

Meat Target

I'm what you call a professional
kiwifarms.net
"Gaslight" really has no meaning anymore. I've seen it applied to situations where it isn't even accurate and has nothing to do with what's going on.
Gaslighting is basically the internet's new word for "lying."
It's supposed to mean when someone is trying to convince you you're delusional or crazy when you know you're not, or that the facts are wrong because they don't fit the narrative (i.e. 2+2=5).

But it has been overused into meaning "lying", I agree.

Doctor Placebo

Soleimani's back. Tell a friend.
kiwifarms.net
I guess this one is more of a concept than any one particular phrase but if we need a word for it I'd probably file it neatly under the term "Source?"

One big issue I've had with a lot of my liberal minded associates lately is that we can't have a normal conversation about something that happened without the person immediately spouting "What's your source for that?" or "I'll need a link as proof" meanwhile all I said was "Yeah so, Kroger is out of milk" or whatever. You can google shit. I don't have time to hold your fucking hand. Believe me or don't, I don't need your approval.
Considering the amount of false claims out there, it sometimes good to demand a source although the people who do this incessantly about every little thing, including things both sides should already agree on are just doing it as a tactic to wear opponents down. A good indicator of people doing this in bad faith is when they constantly demand a source from their opponents but only occasionally provide any for their own claims, when they feel it's actually necessary. AKA, the Destiny tactic.

Gaslighting is basically the internet's new word for "lying."
In my experience, it's most commonly used to try and invalidate statistics in favor of anecdotal evidence and emotion based arguments. Presenting people (usually "oppressed minorities") with evidence that contradicts their worldview is called gaslighting.

DDBCAE CBAADCBE

Buying a Switch & Animal Crossing with Trump bucks
kiwifarms.net
A good indicator of people doing this in bad faith is when they constantly demand a source from their opponents but only occasionally provide any for their own claims, when they feel it's actually necessary. AKA, the Destiny tactic.
That's what they all do, and when they do give links it's to some website like Polygon or a video from CuntraPoints. Don't make excuses for these rats.

Tags
None