"Current year" terms that piss you off -

Clockwork_PurBle

Did anyone catch the game last night?
kiwifarms.net
"Latinx"

Go down to Mexico City and try to use that shit. Try to use that shit on those Venezuelan shop owners that told Harris to BTFO.

Also yes the term "gaslighting" originates from a play called Gas Light (which was later made into film). The plot is about a husband intentionally causing his wife to question her sanity and reality so he can have her locked up and run off with their mutal friend (or maid, IDR). It isn't new, it just happens to be the current word discovered by *them* that they're overusing.

Orion Balls

Some nonce called me a "dumb cunt", today.
kiwifarms.net
"Rest in Power." Because it's only being used to describe criminals who evaded the law for long periods of time and ended up dying by the hands of the police while they were often in commision of other crimes at the time of death.
E-
Also yes the term "gaslighting" originates from a play called Gas Light (which was later made into film). The plot is about a husband intentionally causing his wife to question her sanity and reality so he can have her locked up and run off with their mutal friend (or maid, IDR). It isn't new, it just happens to be the current word discovered by *them* that they're overusing.
To be fair, the play existed in 1938. The film was produced in 1944. It's a fairly old term. Sudden popular usage doesn't render the phrase less accurate than "psychological manipulation and abuse." And the latter is a pain to say, over and over. Especially in TwitterLand.

Last edited:

Tootsie Bear

kiwifarms.net
"Latinx"

Go down to Mexico City and try to use that shit. Try to use that shit on those Venezuelan shop owners that told Harris to BTFO.
This is one of the worst. I can imagine the people who support this don't live anywhere near Latino/Hispanic people or interact with them unless they're doing their yard work or bathrooms, and had this uncontrollable rage that both Hispanic men and women would be called "Latino" despite it being masculine while it can be gender neutral when describing both sexes.

ToroidalBoat

Token Hispanic Friend
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I can imagine the people who support this don't live anywhere near Latino/Hispanic people or interact with them
That's exactly the case with Phil (ADF). Uses "latinx", and lives in one of the whitest parts of the USA (Portland) - he claimed he's "in Mexico" because he thinks Oregon shouldn't be in USA.

SecretChihiroResistance

Chihiro Best Girl
kiwifarms.net
I despise the current definition of “science” that has especially been used this year.

Here is the real definition for reference
CD0811B3-22CA-4964-A044-D1E292F3C1E4.jpeg

So many people especially our government in the US and the WHO especially this year have been spouting “trust science” as if science was one consistent religious belief. Many idiots are falling for that BS too.

Literally the whole point of science is to be challenged. Science is something that can have many studies and many changes and we have even seen that inconsistency with what is said about Covid-19 which is ridiculous yet a lot of people don’t call that out and continue to say “trust science” like some gay ass cult.

This has been used as a tool by our government to control the narrative they find fit, and don’t allow others to challenge it because“you are going against science.”

Nigga what?

These people studying on their own are real scientists half the time and have made their own discoveries yet you chose to ignore them because it isn’t the mainstream studies. They use “trust science” as a contradiction shield. If you guys can’t even get your own crap together in Covid-19 science then why should we trust 100% of everything they say?

Oh yeah, you know why? It’s because“trust science” is a hip and trendy disguise on what they really mean which is “trust the government.”

ToroidalBoat

Token Hispanic Friend
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
They still have coronapanic though. It's being "socially engineered" as the "new lifestyle". Just like in America, you see face masks everywhere. I really hope this "new normal" ends.

Although at least the coronapanic there isn't as bad as in other parts of the world. The government only shut down schools for awhile, and there wasn't the draconian response you see in "liberal" places like certain parts of Europe and the "blue states" of America - which is why they're doing "social engineering".

Last edited:

The Decimator

Just call me Skrawl
kiwifarms.net
Not really a "term" per se, but I absolutely abhor the very smug, passive aggressive form of typing. You know the kind; when they start a post with "ummmm," spit out some retarded shit, and then end it by holding down their question mark key.

TL;DR, I cannot stand Twitterfags.
OMG, I hate when people do that! If you see somebody on Twitter who types like that, chances are they’re one (or all) of these things:

1. Leftist
2. Gay
3. Trans
4. Furry
5. Soy boy

ToroidalBoat

Token Hispanic Friend
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The term leftist.
random trivia: Ted Kaczynski used it a lot in that manifesto.

leftists or right wingers
I think I'm still "centrist", but to the "woke" I'm likely "alt right". And yeah, American politics are so divisive. Remember that "reaching across the aisle" thing? I guess that's no longer a thing. Talk of Civil War 2: Electric Boogaloo is less crazy.