"Current year" terms that piss you off -

Happy Fish

Happy Fish
kiwifarms.net
random trivia: Ted Kaczynski used it a lot in that manifesto.

I think I'm still "centrist", but to the "woke" I'm likely "alt right". And yeah, American politics are so divisive. Remember that "reaching across the aisle" thing? I guess that's no longer a thing. Talk of Civil War 2: Electric Boogaloo is less crazy.
Unlce Ted's ideas on over socialization were pretty spot on. His manifesto is almost comical when you realize he was a canary in a coal mine when it comes to left wing politics in universities, and detailing the mental break of a someone continuously exposed to a hub of wokeness.

Dick Justice

Where have all the cowdogs gone?
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Not exactly a term, but a trend.

Face. Masks.

They look like muzzles (symbolism much?).

How jerks, scumbags, and corrupt politicians force them on us.

It looks gross - and rather useless - when people just cover their mouths with them, letting their noses hang out.

It IS gross to repeatedly breathe one's own exhaling over and over, and the crappy "aftertaste" when the covering is removed.

How some wear them outside. Yes, outside.

How they now have logos on them, implying permanence.

How there's a chance they really could be the "new normal".

And this rot wasn't even a thing just a year ago.
Counter-point: it's finally socially acceptable to opt out of surveillance cameras and automatic facial recognition. Masks are a huge step back for 1984.

Erischan

Not joking
kiwifarms.net
Counter-point: it's finally socially acceptable to opt out of surveillance cameras and automatic facial recognition. Masks are a huge step back for 1984.
Faces have irregular coloring which a computer can confuse for shadows and all kinds of shit like that. A mask has uniform coloring or a textured pattern which a computer can more easily read the contours of. If anything, face masks are a conspiracy by the surveillance state to get better data.

Dick Justice

Where have all the cowdogs gone?
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Faces have irregular coloring which a computer can confuse for shadows and all kinds of shit like that. A mask has uniform coloring or a textured pattern which a computer can more easily read the contours of. If anything, face masks are a conspiracy by the surveillance state to get better data.
You can't just take off your face and wear a different one whenever you want (yet). Further every face is unique, how low do you have to go to tell the difference between two different surgical masks?

Erischan

Not joking
kiwifarms.net
how low do you have to go to tell the difference between two different surgical masks?
If it fits tightly on your face the mask will give excellent data on the physical shape of your face without any of the potentially corrupting inputs of an irregularly colored and ambiguous face would. If they could make us all be textureless magenta and black checkerboards their technology would work better.

Erischan

Not joking
kiwifarms.net
what even is that
Essentialism is the idea that things have inherent natures. Gender essentialism is the belief that gender roles are inherent to genders themselves and not socially constructed. It's also used to refer to people who view gender and sex as indistinct from one another, and that human beings have essential genders which are not up to them and which they cannot change.

It's also known as being sane.

Anja Din

kiwifarms.net
lit, fire, fam, toxic (toxic has to be the most irritating, it’s the go-to for any sjw who throws a tantrum that someone is laughing at them).

I've seen people either on twitter or Instagram write "sweety" as "sweaty" and it irks me on multiple levels.

ugh when the trashiest sperglord hits on you online and being mostly just annoyed he can’t fucking spell

Clockwork_PurBle

Did anyone catch the game last night?
kiwifarms.net
This is one of the worst. I can imagine the people who support this don't live anywhere near Latino/Hispanic people or interact with them unless they're doing their yard work or bathrooms, and had this uncontrollable rage that both Hispanic men and women would be called "Latino" despite it being masculine while it can be gender neutral when describing both sexes.
Yes exactly. Male lions are called lions, females are lionesses, but they're both "lions." Latino is actually a gender neutral term that just also refers to males specifically, but that's not good enough for them.

Also @doof it is very common for people to spell "sweetie" as "sweaty" to be ironic, or at least a lot of people do that on tumblr.

Ramen Timer

>tfw the time gears are missing
kiwifarms.net
When people give their emojis dark skin.

Like, what's the point? Actually, why did Apple even add this feature in the first place when the yellow skin worked just fine?

• Dumb
Reactions: FluffyTehFennekin

The Wizard

I have spells.
kiwifarms.net
Not a term, but I get annoyed when people intentionally pronounce non-English words in whatever-the-fuck accent, just to sound culturally enlightened or something. By nature, these pronunciations are always wrong and always in the context of the speaker trying to virtue signal.

E.g., The word Iroquois is generally pronounced like "Ear-row-kwah," but I learned from a green-haired girl in a college English class that the correct way is something like "Ur-w0w-kwo-wee." The weird inflections are burned into my memory because she had to mention that she once dated an Iroquois boy, no fewer than three times every time the topic of Native Americans came up.

not really a term but every time i see stupid fav-whoring take tweets with emojis (specially those popular among k-pop stans, like 😭💅✨😢, and specially 🥺) i feel allowing women use the internet was a mistake.
Emojis were a mistake.

FluffyTehFennekin

Good girl, M. a. a. D. Fennec
kiwifarms.net
“Everyone I disagree with is an SJW”
It’s just “everyone I disagree with is a nazi” but on the opposite side of the autism political spectrum.

• Autistic
Reactions: Ramen Timer