"Current year" terms that piss you off

• t.me/kiwifarms is our Telegram for downtime and announcements.
    • The .is domain is disabled due to issues with the CDN and having multiple domains.

BR55

kiwifarms.net
"The Right Side of History" Just to start off I hate how simpering and pretentious this term is.
Second its just completely wrong. History doesn't have a "side" and to to claim otherwise is to fall into Whig History.
Not to mention that A. Everyone thinks their on the side of the angels and B. history is written by the victors. If the Nazis had won WW2 then the Holocaust and the men who carried it out would be seen as being on "The Right Side of History" just to give one example.
Finally "The Right Side of History" is essentially just code for "The Ends Justify the Means". And I hate to sound like I'm pearl clutching but thats a legitimately dangerous way of thinking.

I'm Just A Human Bean

Product of the Evil White Man
kiwifarms.net
I'm glad I took a break from most social media so I don't have to be up to date with all these over-used terms (problematic, woke, transgressions, latinx, etc still ring hard in my memory).
Some of these things don't really piss me off, but they do get old:

- Using numbed down or retro insults endearingly, like "nerd," and "dork."
- "I want a sugar daddy," and similar self-deprecating jokes of being shallow, broke, sexually promiscuous, or desperate for money. Self-deprecation is not a style of humor I avoid--I get it--but I often see social media-addicted women play up the gold-digger persona (or maybe they actually are prostitutes).
- "RIP", "oof"
- ist, -ism, -phobic, -gender, -culture, "significant other" depending on usage, "toxic"
- Not sure if it counts as current year, but the clapping emojis placed inside sentences. Bonus points if the person attempts to mimic it IRL and fails horribly.

Last edited:

Coelacanth

Your local living [[BIG SHOT!!!!!]]
kiwifarms.net
For me the term would most likely be "unique" and any words that have a similar meaning - it's been thrown around to describe the slew of generic SJW media being shat out on an almost daily basis for a couple of years now and I've had to learn to take new things coming out with caution because I know there's a damn good chance that this "unique" movie or game or whatever is just going to be another soapbox wankfest for anyone who doesn't like the idea of being entertained without politics.

Maggots on a Train v2

new and improved account
kiwifarms.net
Role-models

Because obviously little Claire should be getting her inspiration on how to be a functioning adult from a cartoon or movie character and not, let's say, her family.
This times a thousand if the idiot saying it is demanding "role models" for grown ass adults. Functional adults should be able to set their own goals and priorities, not need a stranger to copycat.

AlephOne2Many

the late nightmare special
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Above everything else is 'Toxic'.

The sad thing is it can be used in proper application as it turns out, it should be used to denote bad influences and destructive persuasion, but once you water it down to "highly disagreeable opinion I don't like" it starts to lose its objective capacity. Same as 'Hate Speech' and 'internalized', the latter annoyed me to the extent of getting pissed off because the majority of speech comes from some train of thought, unless vocal reflexes from getting kicked in the groin count as racism or sexism.

Lord of the Large Pants

Chicks dig giant robots.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Non-intersectional. As in "Bobby doesn't believe the world is divided between white cisherterosexual Republican oppressors and all other pure innocent minority victims, he's so non-intersectional."
TERF, which apparently means anyone who doesn't believe trannies are incorruptible saints. I'm always baffled when people who don't even call themselves feminists are identified as TERFs.
Nazi, which used to have a perfectly good meaning, but now means anyone who is deemed insufficiently woke by a secret tribunal with secret standards.

ToroidalBoat

wat
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
None of these identity politics buzzwords really piss me off, but they can be quite annoying. Especially when they're used to sound smart.

Like "marginalized," which promotes keeping groups deemed so that way. And then of course there's the buzzwords for natural human behavior they claim are forms of discrimination: "cultural appropriation," "dehumanization," "objectification," etc.

Also overusing the word "community." People having a trait in common are only a community if they really interact with eachother. But dangerhairs and soyboys like to speak of all LGBTQ+ people as if they're automatically one big community, for example.

Last edited:

The Gangster Computer

Meh.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
  • People clapping-hands-sign_1f44f.png who clapping-hands-sign_1f44f.png type clapping-hands-sign_1f44f.png likeclapping-hands-sign_1f44f.pngthis clapping-hands-sign_1f44f.png
with these fucking clap emojis is also irritating.

• "I
    clapping-hands-sign_1f44f.png
    AM
    SO
    BRAVE
    AND
    LOUD!
    "

Last edited:

Dysnomia

Sucka MC
kiwifarms.net
Woke, triggered and haters. These terms have no meaning anymore and are jokes. Which is unfortunate because triggers are a real thing. It's just that when you use them to describe anything that makes you slightly uncomfortable then demand that everyone who follows you tag those triggers to stroke your snowflakedom the term loses all meaning. You aren't triggered by hands, eyes, moths, pencils, trees, artichokes or God knows what else that you are using to make yourself sound special. I refuse to tag that nonsense and you can't force me to do it.

Haters are just anyone who disagrees with you. Even when they are trying to be constructive and helpful. Someone doesn't like your opinion? Haters! Block them! Where's my echo chamber? I'm feeling triggered!

And woke is a joke. Yes. We're all so afraid of the educated liberal arts gender studies major and the BLM supporter. You ain't woke. You're sleep waking through reality while telling everyone else to wake up. Woke people are some of the most ignorant people around today.

Tea. It's apparently a term coined by gay men who like to gossip. So it's been appropriated by black women then everyone else. OMG cultural appropriation!:O

That said, cultural appropriation. In the free world people are free to wear and cook and practice whatever they want. Too bad if you don't like it. But you can't pick and choose freedoms based on personal feels. And stop telling Japanese people who were born and raised in Japan to shut up when they say they don't care if white girls wear kimonos.

-phobic, -ist, -ism. I'm sorry. But I'm not transphobic if I don't want to share a bathroom with someone like that rampaging She-Man from the Game Stop video. Excuse me for worrying about my personal safety. I don't have to accept you as female or welcome you into my spaces. You're the outlayer here, not me.

Also, stop pulling the race card for everything then crying racism when you don't get the outcome that you want. Soulja Boy getting his ass handed to him by Nintendo isn't racism. Yet he felt perfectly fine using it as an example of such. No one's going to pay attention to real racism if you keep pulling the race card every time something happens to you that you don't like. Enough with these stupid -isms.

Valid. Everything you feel is valid. Even when you are demisexual ponygendered gemkin. It's all valid! Everyone has to respect your feelings and walk on eggshells to make you feel special! Decades ago they would have hauled you off to a sanitarium for having headmates and telling people you are really a wolf. But now you are just as valid as everyone else.;)

Valid means nothing now because everything has been deemed valid. Therefore there's nothing invalid left to compare it to because that would cause hurt feelings.:(

Cisgender. It's just a way to normalize the tranny social epidemic. But the vast majority of humanity identifies with their birth gender. Therefore, like it or not, they are the norm and you are the exception. I refuse to use the term cisgender unironically.

MerriedxReldnahc

International Man of Pancakes
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
So many things than annoy me have been listed already (one of my college professors often used latinx, problematic, unpack and mansplain-y in addition to discussing Afro-Cuban history by means of a Beyonce video. It was hell.) but I've always found misuse of the word "troll" really grating.
The people who are most staunchly opposed to internet trolls tend to be the people with the worst comprehension of what a troll is.

Last edited: