"Current year" terms that piss you off -

Yuuichirou Kumada

Second chaddest simp in anime
kiwifarms.net
I have a professor that recently used “latinx” in one of the things I read for class. It made me a bit MOTI because it makes no sense to people that speak Spanish or Portuguese. If you’re going to use a word Spanish or Portuguese speakers would actually be able to pronounce, at least use an ending that makes sense, such as -a, -o or -e. Additionally, the only people I see that use latinx are those that don’t even speak Spanish or Portuguese. It’s almost always an English speaker attempting to sound inclusive while disregarding language rules other languages have. Finally, this trans/non-binary crap needs to end, and words like latinx only feed into the trans/non-binary delusions.
It really doesn't make sense. That doesn't stop academicals and other assorted professionals down here from using it.
Hell, last I heard, there were talks to redact the new Chilean Constitution in "neutral language", should the new Constitutional Assembly in Chile be approved. Can you imagine the backbone of a country's general principles full of X's where gender endings are supposed to be?
The worst thing is, since this has the backing of academia and some corps here and there, it is increasing in awareness and acceptance.

Valentine

Useless Lesbian
kiwifarms.net
Neopronouns confuse me.

If it's not that ridiculous, there's been instances where I'd just sighed and went along with it to make them happy, but either changing it too much or just listing nouns as pronouns is where I draw the line. Seriously, how am I supposed to insert pup/frog/faer into every other sentence without sounding retarded? I get it's for your autism but consider that most people outside Twitter, god forbid a professional setting, would laugh you out the place.

Edit: I realized that this was already talked about just now lol. Sorry about the repetitiveness

Legoshi

18 year old grey wolf high school dropout
kiwifarms.net
I'm not a big fan of the term BAME, I think it sounds a bit stupid. Reminds me of an anti-drug programme D.A.R.E. I'm also not fond of "Wbite Irish", just say "Irish". It's like saying "Asian Korean".
POC sounds and is just the same as coloured. Why can't they just say their race? They even use it for minorities who have pretty light skin. It's just used to divide and conquer. The term irks me.

Neopronouns confuse me.

If it's not that ridiculous, there's been instances where I'd just sighed and went along with it to make them happy, but either changing it too much or just listing nouns as pronouns is where I draw the line. Seriously, how am I supposed to insert pup/frog/faer into every other sentence without sounding retarded? I get it's for your autism but consider that most people outside Twitter, god forbid a professional setting, would laugh you out the place.

Edit: I realized that this was already talked about just now lol. Sorry about the repetitiveness

It's like that whole I'm a different gender everyday!nonsense a few years ago. Nobody will take you seriously if you do that.

Last edited:

yoshitsune

Genpei cowboy
kiwifarms.net
Reclaim, in the context of a group of people "reclaiming" an insult or a hobby or whatever. Those fags are acting like they made up those terms or things and thought it meant something positive from the start. It's like a rewriting of history, it's akin to saying that the Spanish Empire "reclaimed" the land they conquered in the Americas when they were never even there before that.

The Wizard

I have spells.
kiwifarms.net
Here are a couple that I recently heard, and really fucking hate.

"Powerful" - This actually just means "absurdly pretentious to the point of comedy, or a new level of woketardedness." If there is some deathfat woman doing a godawful performance art piece, you can pretty much guarantee that this word will be used at least once.

"Gentleman/men" - This used to mean a respectable man of the upper-middle/upper social class, but now is generally used in news articles when referring to some thug who just robbed a store. During the Floyd riots, I lost count of how many times this word was used to describe the "peaceful protesters."

I hate the saying "I understand that I will never understand" when it comes to activism. If you can't comprehend it, why are you fighting for that?! The saying makes no sense.
It's pseudo-humility. Hollow words that just make you sound like you care.

It's also a way to subtly tell people that you're willing to have your own knowledge on a subject completely disregarded, in favor of their beliefs.

SBG

kiwifarms.net
'Colonize'

Pretty much used to rant about white people doing something and implying whatever the thing is, really belongs to some non-white group. But the part that's most annoying about it to me is the term hasn't been mocked the way most far-left language has been, instead it seems to inspire more fatigue than anything else as the people fed up with these far leftists just want to be spared the stupidity rather than make fun of it.

The Last Stand

The earth is flat.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

Proud Ginga

kiwifarms.net
I keep hearing "chud" more and more and its becoming a bit annoying
Yeah, but it gets really funny when you realize it's actually a racial slur.

chud.png

Australianbirdfruit

kiwifarms.net
I've seen people either on twitter or Instagram write "sweety" as "sweaty" and it irks me on multiple levels.
I used to be bothered by this as well, but then someone told me that it was a meme-ish joke; it's intentional trolling for the epic lulz, in other words, at least for some of those who use this phrasing. Or maybe that's just an excuse to hide the fact that you're not exactly proficient with the english language. Or maybe some people love sweat and sweeties to such a degree that they consider the two to be interchangeable.

• Agree
Reactions: Uncanny Valley

Dysnomia

Spookyute <3
kiwifarms.net
'Colonize'

Pretty much used to rant about white people doing something and implying whatever the thing is, really belongs to some non-white group. But the part that's most annoying about it to me is the term hasn't been mocked the way most far-left language has been, instead it seems to inspire more fatigue than anything else as the people fed up with these far leftists just want to be spared the stupidity rather than make fun of it.

Everything has to be decolonized now. I hate it. We're here, we're white, get used to it. :mad:

I really hate posts and articles that start with "Can we talk about..."

No. No we can not.:mad:

Every one of those articles is a one sided argument about how wrong someone is for being too white, cis, male, straight ect... Everyone is racist, sexist, transphobic and LITERALLY killing you right now.

You know what I think? Being at the top of the progressive stack is super fun because you can be a whiny brat and no one can tell you to shut up. For now. When it all comes crashing down the meltdowns will be epic. I am still hoping that things will change for the better eventually and we will all be sipping tall, cool glasses of woke tears.

Can't forget "Can we talk about's" fat potato nosed cousin, "This is your daily reminder". It at least used to be popular on tumblr and was like woke protips. Super obnoxious and smug little blurbs about how awful people are for not bowing down to trannies, POCs and the like just for existing.

Wraith

Made pure again from the hardest game on earth.
kiwifarms.net
Toxic is the only one. Everything else is laughable or usable to mess with people.
Toxic... just might as well say sin or something, because it's used as such. Also reminded me of Dark Souls 1. *squints* You know the place.

The Last Stand

The earth is flat.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
After watching this Steven Universe PSA:

The term antiracist bugs me.

I don't think the average person goes out of their way to be racist.

Moreso, the people that demand you be "anti racist" sound racist themselves.

Like Black people can be victims to racism but not give racism themselves.