"Current year" terms that piss you off

• The site is having difficulties because our bandwidth is totally overextended. Our 1Gbps line is at 100% even when there aren't 8000 people on the site. We were supposed to get a second Gbps line months ago but I'm struggling to get technicians scheduled to set it up.

Meat Poultry Veg

The staff of life
kiwifarms.net
"Abrahamic."

The term is actually quite older than [CURRENT YEAR] but it describes the three major world Monotheisms: Judaism, Christianity and Islam. In my opinion it is a slur against all three religions because despite the common basis of one God and a patriarch named Abraham, it papers over their massive differences.

But just to be real, it is a rhetorical device by liberals and atheists to lump their primary religious enemies (Christians) with violent useful idiots (Muslims).

jagube

Big Tech loves girl dick
kiwifarms.net

The Gangster Computer

Meh.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
These aren't exactly terms, but I'm really sick of these Floss dances.
floss-emote-fortnite.gif

Every week online or IRL I see not just kids but full grown college pansies and hipsters running around doing these fucking dances in stores, fast food places or while crossing the road. Shit got so bad a school in the UK had to ban the Floss (although they did it for a stupid reason in that its "intimidating", yeah real fucking scary shit right here), although news articles mentioning "brits banning floss" is rather funny.

The Current Year's L dance is just self-deprecation.
AridTightCanary-small.gif

Last edited:

Jimboree

wow
kiwifarms.net
"Neurotypical". Same boat as cisgender, but for autists. Kinda stretching the topic here since not a lot of people are going around crying about autism in the same way that people are crying about transsexualism, but the word is just as bad.

On a related note, I wish these progressive types would try and work their "slang" words into actually sounding like slang instead of just using the academic terms. Using words like "marginalized", "intersectional", "microagressions", and so on in normal conversation always comes off as snobbish and pretentious.

These recent additions are even worse, for example I know latinx has been brought up by multiple people already but HOLY SHIT. The entire idea behind that word disregards all conventions of both English and Spanish, as if the person who thought it up was both mute and deaf. The fuckers could have just as easily done something like latin-e, something that could be realistically used in everyday conversation, yet they gotta go use -x because it's "crossing out the gender". Fuck that.

rng_ascii

kiwifarms.net
"Influencer." - you're just some tool on the internet, fuck off
"Literally." - a useful word redefined to mean its exact opposite, used as a parasite word by every cancerous e-celeb

And then too many to list from ebonics, nonsensical shit such as "yeet", and anything that comes out of Twitch culture

Meat Poultry Veg

The staff of life
kiwifarms.net
These recent additions are even worse, for example I know latinx has been brought up by multiple people already but HOLY SHIT. The entire idea behind that word disregards all conventions of both English and Spanish, as if the person who thought it up was both mute and deaf. The fuckers could have just as easily done something like latin-e, something that could be realistically used in everyday conversation, yet they gotta go use -x because it's "crossing out the gender". Fuck that.
I'm tempted to call them latwinks just to spite them.

O

OJ 473

kiwifarms.net
To sum up what many are saying: ebonics/ghetto speak. I don't understand "hit or miss" at all.

The following terms/styles really get on my nerves:
  • I'M SCREAMING/HOWLING - I can't help but picture the person typing as a drooling moron screeching at their computer.
  • when ummm pEOPLE TyPE li KE TH SI!!!!1!1!!!!
  • Speaking exclusively in memes - learn how to communicate, you fucking mong. Go outside.

PsychoNerd054

Done by a thug.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Speciesism”. A term that was coined by vegans. It basically means that humans and animals are equal and therefore, shouldn’t say anything “demeaning” like “kill two birds with one stone” because all animals are innocent (according to some vegans)

That's one I forgot to mention. While I am against cruelty towards animals, to say that animals have "rights" just seems so absurd, especially when you consider the fact that animals simply don't live the same way humans do to begin with. They just simply have different behaviors, instincts, etc. It's already impossible for every person on the planet to treat everybody else fair, let alone for humanity to give animals "equal rights".

Interestingly, this kind of leads me to another one that seems to be overlooked a lot, the word "rights". People just love to throw around this word all the damn time as if by saying they have to do X, Y, and Z actually means that they should be doing it without question. It also seems to be used a lot when referring to some group of people, animals, what have you that is deemed "prejudiced". In other words, to give things rights simply means you don't say shit about or interfere with "underprivileged" groups, ever.

P

PT 522

kiwifarms.net
- In addition to speaking in memes: quoting vines, any vine, I don't care how rare they are. It's dead, let it go. You're not funny.
- When people? Phrase everything as a question? When they're trying to be sassy???
- Spelling "small" as "smol", "tall" as "tol", "boy" as "boi", etc.
- "Problematic"
- "XYZ is cancelled"

MarvinTheParanoidAndroid

This will all end in tears, I just know it.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The words low-key, mood

I don't get the problem with these, mood and low-key have been around for like a century. How are they at all 'current year'?

The sad thing is it can be used in proper application as it turns out, it should be used to denote bad influences and destructive persuasion, but once you water it down to "highly disagreeable opinion I don't like" it starts to lose its objective capacity.

No, the proper application denotes to heavy metals, poison gas, carcinogens & ionizing radiation.

Last edited: