"Current year" terms that piss you off

• The site is having difficulties because our bandwidth is totally overextended. Our 1Gbps line is at 100% even when there aren't 8000 people on the site. We were supposed to get a second Gbps line months ago but I'm struggling to get technicians scheduled to set it up.

ToroidalBoat

wat
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Wasn't "latinx" started among non-Hispanic academia in the USA?

If so, they likely claim some bullshit convoluted -- or "nuanced" as they likely call it -- identity politics argument that says it's OK for "woke" white people to make up new words for the Spanish language, but not OK for white people who aren't "woke."

The Gangster Computer

Buy my games.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Overusing emojis also tends to get on my nerves a bit.
tumblr_n3yd363Zuk1t86jy3o1_500.png

talking-with-emojis-talking-with-emojis-emoji-talk-atelier-dor-dess-design.png

They don't even seem to form a recognizable pattern anymore.
cher.png

How do you do fellow kids!

whatever I feel like

Disney Diaper Size Fetish Enthusiast
kiwifarms.net
Undocumented. This has been going on for a decade, I don't even have to explain how stupid it is.

"Survivor" over "victim." I make sure to never, ever do this one.

"Slut shaming". A slut is a shameful thing to be.

Queer as anything other than a catchall term. I am not gay, I am queer. Nope, that means you are fucking gay.

"Denier" as a suffix.

"Right sizing", "On Boarding", etc. All corporate bullshit speak. Although I have came up with a number of my own subversive ones of these, to describe the various bullshit practices my company engages in. "Self-terminating" for the way that they can legally classify firing employees as those employees quitting, etc.

"Inclusive." Almost always means dumbing down or making things look like a fantasy world.

Lysol

99.9% Bacteria and virus free.
kiwifarms.net
"Toxic": Because anything actually labeled "toxic" is more than likely not.

"Islamism": Because it's just Islam. Same with "radical" Islam, it just makes it sound like Islam on a skateboard. Also any Islam apologia in general, really.

"Oof": Unless it's an autonomic vocalization from being hit in the abdomen, you sound like a massive faggot saying it.

"Cis": Because as said before in the thread, it's an incredibly stupid term for normal people and a linguistic trick to try to get the foot in the door on tranny acceptance bullshit.

"Undocumented Immigrant": Yet another linguistic trick to soften the language surrounding a political issue. I particularly dislike this and "migrant" for how Orwellian they are.

"Migrant": You're not a fucking "migrant", you're either an immigrant or an emigrant. We're not fucking birds.

Can somebody tell me why 'yes queen slayyyyyy' is a thing? I really, really hate it.

I only hate this one because Harmful Opinions picked it up and wouldn't stop using it for like a week. Made his streams damn near unwatchable at times.

RockRider

kiwifarms.net
"valid/validation"

"gender=sex "

"transbian"

"identify as"

By that same note, I'd like to chip in "transracial", "transage" and "transspecies".
If you've ever thought about unironically trying to be one of these things, guzzle down your bleach now.

(when I mean transage I mean trying to use medicine or makeup to look younger or extend your life, that's fine. what's not fine is putting "21" as your current age when you've got cramps and white hair.)

MarvinTheParanoidAndroid

This will all end in tears, I just know it.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
This isn't really 'current year' speech so much as it is 2000s era speech, but I'm sick of the word "process" being used to describe every side note that occurs between point A and B. It was the turn of phrasing we came up with to compensate for our lacking vocabulary as teenagers and it's one of the few artifacts from that era that legit make me cringe to hear because I know the reason why it came to be was out of a lack of better terms & ramshackle sentence structure.

Krispy Skream

kiwifarms.net
OP says "prostitutes" because he's too much of a snowflake to use the perfectly serviceable English word, "whores."

"Folx" is a new one on me. I don't like "latinx," but I understand its derivation. Do these fuckballs think "ks" is too close to "kys?" No comprendo.

Did I miss "problematic?" It's so conceited, like a camp counselor talking about little Timmy's behavior. We're the grown-ups here because we read HuffPo.