Cursed Images -

lamp shade

you sound like an absolute muppet
kiwifarms.net
I thought the knees were the worst part of "realistic" Sonic, but now the human teeth come in a close second.

The proximity of this nightmare and the Detective Pikachu movie (which some dislike, but I think looks pretty cute!) boggles my mind.
View attachment 742143
Like, this still looks like a Pikachu! Not a blue furry human-limbed demon!
It is cute, but giving it fucking Ryan Reynold’s chad voice and attitude is where it derails from any potential it might have had.

TheGreatCitracett

I'm dangerous... like a fire in a nursing home.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
It is cute, but giving it fucking Ryan Reynold’s chad voice and attitude is where it derails from any potential it might have had.
I liked the voice he had in the Detective Pikachu game. I feel like Danny DeVito would have been perfect.

And have some cursed myspace cringe from like 2007:

Yolandi

Resident Pokemon Go expert
kiwifarms.net
I liked the voice he had in the Detective Pikachu game. I feel like Danny DeVito would have been perfect.

And have some cursed myspace cringe from like 2007:
View attachment 742966
Hot Topic still sells some cool stuff but it stopped feeling "like home" when they started selling crappy pop shirts that the popular kids liked. And I felt really old they started selling youtube meme shirts and I had no idea what they were.

Yolandi

kiwifarms.net
Most Hot Topic workers I've seen look like they spend their time making up genders on tumblr or go out of their way to looks outlandish (so they can whine when people give double takes).

Also, really bitchy.
This seemed true of a lot of the regular workers but I was close friends with someone who managed a Hot Topic for around a decade and he gave me some interesting insight into the store. He said that managers were given notes from corporate to wear certain styles that the stores were selling, even if it wasn't how you usually dressed so when skinny jeans were super popular he had to buy with (was not provided with them) as an example that they were popular and to encourage the customers to buy them as well. I don't know if this is a requirement anymore but he said when you were hired you had to sign a paper as part of your employment that coworkers were not allowed to hang out outside of work. I tried numerous times to get a job there, both casually and when I was desperate for a job and was never hired. Questions on the application included "What bands do you listen to?" and "How do you find new music?" and despite listening to a lot of bands that sold merch in the store I was never contacted to work there so I'm not sure what they looked for in applicants.

ZehnBoat

N
kiwifarms.net
He said that managers were given notes from corporate to wear certain styles that the stores were selling, even if it wasn't how you usually dressed so when skinny jeans were super popular he had to buy with (was not provided with them) as an example that they were popular and to encourage the customers to buy them as well.
please tell me they were URGED to wear different clothes instead of FORCED to
because i'm sorry, that's exceptional as fuck
if you want me to wear something for my job, you pay for it.

Yolandi

kiwifarms.net
please tell me they were URGED to wear different clothes instead of FORCED to
because i'm sorry, that's exceptional as fuck
if you want me to wear something for my job, you pay for it.
It may have been that it was urged but I remember asking if he was given them and he said no, he had to buy them with his own money.

@Clockwork_PurBle I think the only way they would have known for sure was if someone admitted to it or posted to social media. He told me the manager at another store didn't follow this and had parties with all of her 21+ employees but strangely enough was fired for something unrelated.

Piss

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Lots of cursed mouths on this page.

I tried numerous times to get a job there, both casually and when I was desperate for a job and was never hired. Questions on the application included "What bands do you listen to?" and "How do you find new music?" and despite listening to a lot of bands that sold merch in the store I was never contacted to work there so I'm not sure what they looked for in applicants.
I had a similar situation happen with trying to get a job at Gamestop. They asked similar questions but with video games, and at one point I told them I could tell them something about any game in the store. So, the interviewer challenged me on that and asked me about one game I had never played, but I saw a Zero Punctuation episode about it and worked off of that, voila.

Still didn't get the job. Turns out, they really liked me, but they didn't hire me because they could tell I really couldn't care less about upselling preorders and paid rewards cards.

Nobody ever seems to stick with Gamestop for very long, anyway. I guess it's a cursed job.

Last edited:

Yolandi

kiwifarms.net
Lots of cursed mouths on this page.

View attachment 743711

I had a similar situation happen with trying to get a job at Gamestop. They asked similar questions but with video games, and at one point I told them I could tell them something about any game in the store. So, the interviewer challenged me on that and asked me about one game I had never played, but I saw a Zero Punctuation episode about it and worked off of that, voila.

Still didn't get the job. Turns out, they really liked me, but they didn't hire me because they could tell I really couldn't care less about upselling preorders and paid rewards cards.

Nobody ever seems to stick with Gamestop for very long, anyway. I guess it's a cursed job.
Yeah I don't know what Gamestop's deal is, seems like they would want to hire people they could actually keep. Turnovers rates aren't something to brag about but I guess they don't know that :p

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino