• Sponsored by Kraken Rum.

Disaster Cutest pet contest is rocked by vote-rigging claim

Discussion in 'Articles & Happenings' started by CatParty, Aug 10, 2018.

Forum Guidelines
  • Don't post if you have nothing to say. If anyone could write your post, it doesn't need to be made. One-word replies are automatic 1-month bans from this board.
  • Hide your powerlevel. Avoid revealing intimate, personal details about yourself in public boards. These threads are not your personal blog and we are not an asylum.
  • Create accurate topic titles. Threads should be labeled correctly and avoid sensationalist language.
  • Cite an article. This board is for content aggregation and should feature at least one source.

@Lipitor

1. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...races-leaderboard-cutest-pet-competition.html

The paws are out between twelve animals battling each other in the finals of a cutest pet competition, after it was rocked by claims of cheating.

And with over $15000 of prizes on the line in the search to final Queensland's cutest pet, questions have been raised by rivals against a cuddly cat whose vote count has seen her surge ahead of the competition.

Miss Coconut, a two-year-old Bengal, racked up almost 30,000 votes in the preliminary round, while competitors were left trailing with thousands less.

The runaway victory left many entrants scratching their heads, as the bulk of Miss Coconut's votes were said to have appeared in the dead of night.

As rumours swirled about the authenticity of the support, complaints were eventually made to the RACQ and Queensland Police.

However both services confirmed that following an investigation, the feline's supporters had been cleared of any wrongdoing.

In the finals, Miss Coconut is currently in second place behind a boisterous bulldog named Biggie.

Described in his profile 'devilishly handsome', Biggie's owner claims if her pooch isn't 'stealing hearts, he's breaking them'.

With battle lines having firmly been drawn around them the pets are continuing to put their best paw forward and relish their time in the spotlight.

But the eventual winner will indeed not take it all with the 11 remaining finalists also guaranteed a coveted spot in the 2019 RACQ calendar.

2A0B6FE0-A65F-47B6-A69B-6F0D7A656C6C.jpeg

• Winner Winner x 6
    • Informative Informative x 3
    CatParty

CatParty Boo
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  2. First thing to come to my mind
    15338913299970749.jpg

• Like  x 8
    • Winner  x 6
    • Dislike  x 1
    • Agree  x 1
    • Feels  x 1
    Desire Lines

Desire Lines folk musician, aspiring rapper
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  3. Russian hackers REEEEEEEEEEE

• Feels Feels x 10
    The Shadow

The Shadow The Bitch-King of Wankmar

kiwifarms.net
  4. Dogs with smooshed wrinkly faces are gross, why can't there be a corgi or shibé in the contest?

Aussies are p adorable too, this contest is indeed rigged.

• Agree Agree x 11
    • Disagree Disagree x 7
    #4 SpaceRanger, Aug 10, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2018
    kiwifarms.net
  5. I was expecting two monkey butt poodles, not a pitbull and a cat.

• Agree Agree x 1
    REGENDarySumanai

REGENDarySumanai Man of excellent taste

kiwifarms.net
  6. Bulldogs are cute when they are puppies. Then they turn into that.:\
    It's kind of like a pokemon you hate to evolve.

And the breed is suseptable to water puppy syndrome. I believe it's essentially like fetal hydrops in humans, where they retain way too much fluid while developing in the womb and end up with potentially fatal conditions from their organs being swollen.

Anyway, ballot stuffing a pet contest seems weird and pointless. It's probably not just the prizes though. It's that coveted "mommy of the cutest pet" title that they really want.

• Feels Feels x 4
    Dysnomia

Dysnomia Bah humbug!

kiwifarms.net
  7. obviously, cats > dogs

• Agree  x 13
    • Disagree  x 5
    • Islamic Content  x 2
    • Semper Fidelis  x 1
    • Feels  x 1
    • Autistic  x 1
    • Dumb  x 1
    CatParty

CatParty Boo
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  8. French bulldogs are fucking precious though

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Feels Feels x 1
    • DRINK DRINK x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    Uncanny Valley

Uncanny Valley masshole
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  9. Of course it's rigged, Malamutes are the cutest, everyone knows that.

pup.jpg

• Winner Winner x 10
    • Agree Agree x 5
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    TowinKarz

TowinKarz Actually WILL Call Somebody.....

kiwifarms.net
  10. I'm actually thinking of getting a bengal cat once I head back home and will be stationary for a bit, they seem like pretty awesome cats who act nothing like cats. You can play fetch with them and teach them tricks and walk them on a leash, it sounds pretty neat.

I like how the goddamn police were called over this, though. I wonder if CWC had called the cops when he was screwed over by rule-breaking and vote-stuffing if would have won that trip to Seattle after such an intense investigation.

• Like Like x 2
    • Feels Feels x 1
    Commander Keen

Commander Keen in GOODBYE GALAXY!!!

kiwifarms.net
  11. Bulldogs are pretty ugly dogs, like the chubby old man without teeth of dogs

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Feels Feels x 1
    kiwifarms.net
  12. Can I introduce you to the majestic husky?

upload_2018-8-10_8-17-50.png

• Feels Feels x 5
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    Derp Potato

Derp Potato Just a Spud doing spud things

kiwifarms.net
  13. CORRUPTION and LAHS!

• Feels Feels x 1
    Sofonda Cox

Sofonda Cox Antinatalist, reality enthusiast, witness.

kiwifarms.net
  14. LIES!

Beagles am best dog!

• Like Like x 2
    • Feels Feels x 1
    MuuMuu Bunnylips

MuuMuu Bunnylips I want to touch your pee-pee.

kiwifarms.net
  15. That cat isn't even that cute. It's as cute as any other cat but it's just a normal cat

• Agree Agree x 10
    melty

True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  16. There is no level the Russians won’t stoop to destroy our democracy.

• Winner Winner x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
    PortsideDave

PortsideDave Concentration camp counselor

kiwifarms.net
  17. I hope one day, a bee on an invisible leash can finally get the recognition it deserves!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    Mariposa Electrique

Mariposa Electrique In 2021, Chris will leave 14 BC.
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  18. everybody knows the fuzzy moth is the cutest insect

• Agree Agree x 1
    • DRINK DRINK x 1
    Uncanny Valley

Uncanny Valley masshole
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  19. ...I was expecting cuter animals. Kinda like this one.
    564845.jpg
    Also the cat must win not only because it's a cat but (also) because that dog is real fucking ugly. I mean I like dogs as much as the next person but fuck, that one's ugly as sin.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    Figuratively Stalin

Figuratively Stalin My ideological enemy can't be this cute!

kiwifarms.net
  20. Very high maintenance from what I hear though. Like having a hunting dog, only x1000. If your fox hound does not get his walks on the regular, he'll get mopey, maybe destroy your shoes. If the Bengal don't get his walks on the regular he'll destroy the room. They do look like fun though if you are willing to put in the effort.

• Informative Informative x 1
    kiwifarms.net
  • About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. These people are commonly referred to as Lolcows and are each distinct thanks to their erratic public behavior. Spectators are encouraged to join discussion. The wealth of opinions and knowledge shared by users is what has enabled this peculiar fringe community to thrive despite the incredible adversity and contention brought by those we discuss.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

• Supporting the Forum

BTC: 1LXpv9FUiazGB2LVyS44cTTEQFc8CBgPYi

BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s

ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5

LTC: LNjmyhxThrTMY4izBdcdWqvW287LmCB6bg

XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino

Copyright © 2016 Lolcow LLC
This website may contain offensive or adult content.
Discontinue browsing if it is illegal or against your wishes to see such material.
All content belongs to their respective authors and does not represent Lolcow LLC.
We have not been served any secret court orders and are not under any gag orders.