Cyberpunk 2077 Grieving Thread -

SiccDicc

The Defenestrator
True & Honest Fan
I remain extremely skeptical they can actually fix the game for consoles. I mean it already has basically no AI and ps2 tier LOD and still runs at 20 fps. What could they possibly strip out to make it run better?
They certainly can't with the team they have. It astounds me that they thought hiring from failed studios would make sense, but then again they're Polacks. I wonder if they felt pressure from the government since apparently they were looking to CDPR to be their answer to the AI question that every other major country is pursuing. Man, what a blowback, they loaded that sabotaged shell into the shotgun and lost half their face.

Dave.

ok
FCF05653-D516-4EF8-9B3C-E04330A23F9C.jpeg

I want to believe CDPR, but...

Ruin

Mercenary Slut
True & Honest Fan
What really gets me is they had eight years of development and it wasn't even rough but finished but like 1/3 done at most. What the fuck were they doing? Drinking and being snarky on Twitter? MGSV was missing it's third act but that game was way more polished and fun to play than Cyberpunk.

Rumor has it that the game was scraped multiple time and really didn't get working until something like 2016. Like the original idea was a more Witcher like game were you play the cop in the first teaser hunting down cyberpyscho's and the conspiracy behind them.
CDPR could probably have pulled that off but then management wanted to chase the GTA Online money and well.....here we are.

MisoSupper

Bongistani Salt Mines 2055
View attachment 1845744
He completely glossed over the review controversy. He also didn't bother to bring up how he straight up lied about the current gen versions of the game. I think they'll eventually make good on getting 2077 stable, even "great" in a couple of years, but the first playthrough will always be the most memorable. As uncommon as it is to see a CEO apologize like this, they also are in an incredibly dire situation in terms of grievous brand damage, furious shareholders, lawsuits from customers, and now looming oversight from Poland itself. With that said this will probably be enough to satiate the mildly perturbed normie consoomer and of course the reddit corpo-fellators still white knighting the CDPR brand.

RA-5C Vigilante

Alone, Unarmed, Unafraid
Ok so I looked at that roadmap and translated it from Polish

Translators note: They're probably lying and not going to do many things

He completely glossed over the review controversy. He also didn't bother to bring up how he straight up lied about the current gen versions of the game. I think they'll eventually make good on getting 2077 stable, even "great" in a couple of years, but the first playthrough will always be the most memorable. As uncommon as it is to see a CEO apologize like this, they also are in an incredibly dire situation in terms of grievous brand damage, furious shareholders, lawsuits from customers, and now looming oversight from Poland itself. With that said this will probably be enough to satiate the mildly perturbed normie consoomer and of course the reddit corpo-fellators still white knighting the CDPR brand.
The first comment is literally "Honestly heart broken for the developers tbh." We're already at cope and white knight defense mode after all this.

Attachments

• Cyberjunk.png
    Cyberjunk.png
    17.6 KB · Views: 63

MisoSupper

Rumor has it that the game was scraped multiple time and really didn't get working until something like 2016. Like the original idea was a more Witcher like game were you play the cop in the first teaser hunting down cyberpyscho's and the conspiracy behind them.
CDPR could probably have pulled that off but then management wanted to chase the GTA Online money and well.....here we are.
Yeah they got rid of their game director a few years in and basically threw everything out. This whole project reminds me of Bioware. Looking forward to the Schreier deep dive sourced from pissed devs.

Dave.

ok
He also sounds like he has a gun pointed at him. I'm guessing the investors demanded he publicly 'apologize' to the consumers.

Ruin

Mercenary Slut
True & Honest Fan

That would have been cool. I would have bought that game instead of the Borderlands/GTA hybrid abortion we got.

MisoSupper

I'm really kicking myself for playing this trainwreck on release. With such an overwhelming backlash, they almost have no choice but to add a ridiculous amount of shit to the game just to save face. They already did a similar treatment with Witcher 3 and they weren't on the backfoot like they are now.

Fougaro

Glow in the dark K/DA Popstar
View attachment 1845744
I'll believe it when I see it. Him not mentioning the management responsible for this mess being fired does not inspire optimism in me. I'm still willing to give this game a second chance and still think that them pulling a No Man's Sky redemption arc is theoretically possible, but with the same management around I'm going to press X to doubt for now.

Zeta Reticulan

My pronouns are Nig/Ger
He also sounds like he has a gun pointed at him. I'm guessing the investors demanded he publicly 'apologize' to the consumers.
The only reason anyone would apologize in a corporate environment is because shareholders and investors are pointing a gun at them. They don't give a shit about the consumer. They care about money and only money. They made that very clear with the review copies and the absolute state of the game when it launched lmao. "We knew how fucked the game was but kept it hidden from you and milked the market for everything it was worth, we didnt mean to we're sorry *rubs nipples*" The funny part is CDPR white knights will suck them off for their response.

Ruin

Mercenary Slut
True & Honest Fan
I'll believe it when I see it. Him not mentioning the management responsible for this mess being fired does not inspire optimism in me. I'm still willing to give this game a second chance and still think that them pulling a No Man's Sky redemption arc is theoretically possible, but with the same management around I'm going to press X to doubt for now.

Why the fuck would you not fire the upper management? That's PR101 when projects of this magnitude flop this hard. Even EA did that.

Fougaro

Glow in the dark K/DA Popstar
Why the fuck would you not fire the upper management? That's PR101 when projects of this magnitude flop this hard. Even EA did that.
Maybe they did and we don't know it (yet). But if they didn't, they'll only have themselves to blame if things go tits up even more...

Edit:
The only reason anyone would apologize in a corporate environment is because shareholders and investors are pointing a gun at them. They don't give a shit about the consumer. They care about money and only money. They made that very clear with the review copies and the absolute state of the game when it launched lmao. "We knew how fucked the game was but kept it hidden from you and milked the market for everything it was worth, we didnt mean to we're sorry *rubs nipples*" The funny part is CDPR white knights will suck them off for their response.
I might be wrong, but it is my understanding that the investors and shareholders were lied to by the management, hence the lolsuits.

Last edited:
If all the rumors surrounding Cyberpunk being scrapped/reworked are true I hope we get more leaks or whatever actually confirming them, game must've gone through absolute developmental hell. Stuff like that is always fun to look at.
Speaking of rumors one of the most popular ones is that the game was partly reworked for Keanu or at least the character Johnny Silverhand. In 2018 gameplay reveal with female V in their apartment you can over hear the guy on the radio saying Johnny Silverhand died around a year or 2 ago, that and the concept art looks nothing Keanu but that's stretching it. (This was also implied in the supposed dev leak)

Ruin

Mercenary Slut
True & Honest Fan
I think the PC version will eventually go from a 6/10 game to an 8/10 or so but I don't believe they can fix the console version. Of course it's entirely possible they fuck up the PC version too. I could see them doing one bugfixing patch and then put all their efforts into multiplayer because "that's what gamers want."

Ruin

Mercenary Slut
True & Honest Fan
I'm still don't understand why they stick to First-Person RPG where they can get away with Third-Person.
if Bethesda can do it, they messed up big time.
On PC using camera hacks reveals that they didn't bother to create third person animations/rigging at all. If you use a mod to force third person your character just glides around in a T pose.

I'm like 95% sure the reason they didn't do third person is because they were too lazy to create the assets and models for it. Then again with how poorly the rest of the game turned out maybe that's a good thing.

We know from the 2018 demo that third person cutscenes at least existed but much like 75% of the game's content was cut for unknown reasons.