Cyberpunk 2077 Grieving Thread -

The Valeyard

kiwifarms.net
I think it's absolutely unbelievable that they're thinking about DLC and not only a Cyberpunk sequel but also a Witcher sequel when this game still has so many issues. Like how about you shelf all plans for future games and focus on fixing as much as you can with this game? I know it'll never be what they promised but they could at least make it work properly.
Someone found references to unreleased quests while data mining the new patch with the article speculating that these are for an upcoming DLC adding more content to Pacifica which seemed like an area that wasn’t finished in the base game.

Zero0

kiwifarms.net
I think it's absolutely unbelievable that they're thinking about DLC and not only a Cyberpunk sequel but also a Witcher sequel when this game still has so many issues. Like how about you shelf all plans for future games and focus on fixing as much as you can with this game? I know it'll never be what they promised but they could at least make it work properly.

Nah, whatever else they're working on is in concept phase, and the people doing that can't really do anything to help fix cyberpunk, writers aren't going to fix bugs and broken mechanics, it's not their job.

It makes sense a part of the team to be working on other things.

FunPosting101

Ebin posting only. No other posts allowed. :DDDD
kiwifarms.net
Not bait.

I ask every week or so.
The game is gradually being fixed. From a technical stand point, the game is already much better off then it was a month ago for me, there's much less crashing, a lot of bugs have been fixed, there's less glitches. It's not perfect yet, so whether you buy it or not or wait another few months is up to you.

Last edited:

Capsaicin Addict

Dancing on the ashes of history.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Super late but in the game Johnny blows up Arasaka Tower, but in the TTRPG it's Morgan Blackhand. It's also him, not Johnny, who has a rivalry with Smasher.

Blackhand's whole involvement in the Arasaka raid was erased and he was replaced by Johnny. I've seen a lot of people theorize that Johnny, being a massive narcissist, mentally erased Morgan from the memory of the raid and put himself in the hero role. Mike Pondsmith commented on reddit saying that his memory is "scrambled from the rad damage and the process of recording his engram" and that he and CDPR both agreed that Johnny is an unreliable narrator. Personally, I think people are looking too deeply into this and the real reason is simply just that they replaced Morgan with Johnny so Keanu had a bigger role.

I feel it's also worth noting that someone replied to Mike's comment saying that according to Cyberpunk RED it was Spider Murphy who soulkilled Johnny, not Arasaka so they can't even be consistent with the fucking tie-in.
Yet another attempt to gild the turd. I grant Johnny can be an unreliable narrator, but I'm gonna go out on a limb here and guess there's no way to confront him on that in the game?

NoWayBro

kiwifarms.net
This game is going to need another good 6-12 months from me before I even touch it again. But still, as we've said many times, the underlying issues with the plot and RPG aspects will always be there, those cannot be fixed. So to me it is 'ded game'.
If I can pick up the game for $15 I think I could get around the surface level issues and have fun with what is left there, but I think I agree in that I'll never get over the disappointment.

Internet's Boyfriend

Whoa.
kiwifarms.net
Yet another attempt to gild the turd. I grant Johnny can be an unreliable narrator, but I'm gonna go out on a limb here and guess there's no way to confront him on that in the game?
I don't recall an option for V to call him out, but it's been a few months since I've played and I tried to get on his good side so maybe that's in the asshole responses.

Alt does tell you he's unreliable though.

Snekposter

Hiding from the Frontier fallout.
kiwifarms.net
Yeah, but saying "Johnny Silverhand is an egotistical, self-centered asshole" is a fruit so low-hanging even that one dude consigned to Hades to be always hungry can nab it from the tree above him. And its so empty as to leave him utterly unsatisfied, too. Its obvious that from the two memories we experience, the dude is a fucking asshole who thinks the whole world needs to burn for his self-gratification. Its funny, since in Never Fade Away in CP2020 Johnny is a lot different. He's an asshole still, but one that actually has a heart buried somewhere inside. I guess by the time of CP0277, much like how the end of the story goes, he's dead inside and no longer cares.
1618631987600.png

Edit: Here's something from earlier in there to show what I mean:
1618633884600.png

Last edited:

Internet's Boyfriend

Whoa.
kiwifarms.net
Yeah, but saying "Johnny Silverhand is an egotistical, self-centered asshole" is a fruit so low-hanging even that one dude consigned to Hades to be always hungry can nab it from the tree above him. And its so empty as to leave him utterly unsatisfied, too. Its obvious that from the two memories we experience, the dude is a fucking asshole who thinks the whole world needs to burn for his self-gratification. Its funny, since in Never Fade Away in CP2020 Johnny is a lot different. He's an asshole still, but one that actually has a heart buried somewhere inside. I guess by the time of CP0277, much like how the end of the story goes, he's dead inside and no longer cares.
View attachment 2094700
Edit: Here's something from earlier in there to show what I mean:
View attachment 2094758
There's also a part after Johnny gets fixed up where Thompson tells him that the guys who attacked him were really after Alt and that she built Soulkiller and this is his reaction:
untitled.jpg

But in the game when Thompson tells him Arasaka was after Alt he keeps denying it saying she was just collateral and they're trying to provoke him, even after he's told Alt wrote Soulkiller. Like there's not even an option to not be a narcissist and believe him.

The whole "radiation/the Soulkilling process/Johnny's narcissistic delusion altered his memories" thing is just such a cop out. It could've been an interesting idea if they had leaned into it more like maybe you bring up something to Rogue and she refutes you. There's a point in-game where Johnny mentions that in Mikoshi they can fuck around with your engram, implying they can edit it to their will. They could've done something with the idea, like made it an actual important decision: Do you believe Johnny's memories or do you challenge him on it? But instead it's just nothing. Blackhand's not even mentioned in relation to Arasaka Tower by ANYONE. Mike Pondsmith said no one knows who exactly detonated the bomb and that Militech and the NUSA pinned the blame on Arasaka, but after the heist V tells Victor that they planted a bomb and Vic's just like "yep, Johnny Silverhand is a terrorist and everyone knew." Like???

It really just feels like they wrote it without caring if it lined up with the canon and now everyone's scrambling to cover their asses by saying Johnny's memories aren't accurate. Like what's the point of making that a thing if you're not going to address it even a little? The more thought I put into this game, the more disappointed I become.

Also semi-related but I saw this post on Tumblr and it's kind of infuriating because it's still running with the "his memories are fucked because he's a narcissist" idea
Untitled-1.jpg
I thought they made it pretty obvious that his memories were fucked because there were chunks missing and the transitions between scenes were all glitchy.

ZMOT

wat
kiwifarms.net

that's just common business practice. there's no money in fixing an already released game. people already bought it, word is out, there's hardly any more to be made anymore from future sales, and in cyperpunk's case you can't even milk it with microtransactions - so any money they dump into post-launch support is money that's better invested elsewhere... like a witcher starring ciri. everyone love witcher 3, right? and everyone loved ciri! and the sooner they push that into people's conscious the sooner people forget about cyberpunk.

you still assume the horde of mindless consumerist sheep have any principles or even gives a shit about that with their goldfish memory. by the time witcher 4 rolls out after an extensive marketing campaign people will gobble it up and ask for seconds. and anyone who wants to remind them about the sorry state of their previous game will get shouted down by the fanbois with "it was a fluke, remember witcher 3 was great, CDPR is back to it's old form" asf.

Last edited:

Snekposter

kiwifarms.net
@Internet's Boyfriend Yeah, I did end up giving it a thorough read. Its honestly very tragic what they did to Silverhand's character. He also doesn't look a damn thing like an old, greasy, bitter man like Keanu Reeves in his sidebar, but more like a young Rockerboy in the prime of his life. Explaining that he is what he is because he quit giving a damn after Alt got "killed" by Arasaka would have been a great and obvious explanation. "Drugs, alcohol, groupies that got more and more disgusting by the year... I ended up in a bad place with a lot of bad things inside of me, and hardly an eddy to my name when it came time to go after Arasaka..."

NoWayBro

kiwifarms.net
@Internet's Boyfriend Yeah, I did end up giving it a thorough read. Its honestly very tragic what they did to Silverhand's character. He also doesn't look a damn thing like an old, greasy, bitter man like Keanu Reeves in his sidebar, but more like a young Rockerboy in the prime of his life. Explaining that he is what he is because he quit giving a damn after Alt got "killed" by Arasaka would have been a great and obvious explanation. "Drugs, alcohol, groupies that got more and more disgusting by the year... I ended up in a bad place with a lot of bad things inside of me, and hardly an eddy to my name when it came time to go after Arasaka..."
I don't know if it's been mentioned yet, but Johnny basically commits suicide in the tabletop during the assault on Arasaka tower to help one of the crew (Shaitan, I think). He just steps out of cover with his dinky little smg and shoots Adam Smasher, and Smasher just turns and shreds him in half with a machine gun. Then Morgan tackles Smasher off the tower.

Kazukifaen

Merc on the internet
kiwifarms.net
Well I'm currently doing my third play through of this game as a Female Nomad.

Picture was taken in January then I finished it on my first play through.

All gigs all side all gangs /NCPD activities. All Side quests completed except for main quest.

Took me over 74 hours to get through. Probably an answer to that dev guy that played for 170+ hours. Must have done a deep play through like me with all three life paths.

Beginning: game crashed like motherfucker after 3 hours of playing.
Now with Hotfix (1.21) rarely crashes.

Devs wanted this game released in 2022, but higher ups fucked that up. Hope CDPR works tirelessly to improve this game. But again they oversold this, and they put themselves in an impossible situation, it's their own fault.

No more good studios left.

(plays on Hotfix 1.21) PS4 vanilla edition

Attachments

• Eqvel3uXUAE2JrU.jpg
    Eqvel3uXUAE2JrU.jpg
    217.6 KB · Views: 54

Goyaanisqatsi

fart sounds over a woodwind section
kiwifarms.net
I can't believe anyone would want to play this more than once, to be honest.

I got to the point where the rest of the map opens up on my second playthrough and I was already bored of it knowing what was coming up and with how overpowered hacking is, no reason to play with any other build.

Snekposter

kiwifarms.net
I feel ya there. The hacking really needs a serious nerfbat or the combat augs in that slot a major boost. I'd never considering taking Sandevistan or Berserk in that slot when I can just Ping and then Synapse Burn and Contagion everyone there safely from cover.

jje100010001

kiwifarms.net
Devs wanted this game released in 2022, but higher ups fucked that up. Hope CDPR works tirelessly to improve this game. But again they oversold this, and they put themselves in an impossible situation, it's their own fault.
2022 is far too late for a release (10 years to develop a game?), the mess was years in the making- they had to put the brakes on development at some point.

Overall CDPR should have framed this release as early access so that players knew that they weren't getting a complete game, and then consecutively patched it up towards a full game, maybe withholding parts of the story just to keep players on board for the final 1.0 release. CDPR had a massive amount of fan goodwill, and I strongly think they'd have gotten away with it by being honest.

Unfortunately now, they have to make a comeback either by fixing this game, or through their next release, or else every other CDPR title from now on will have that Cyberpunk asterisk above it.