Cyberpunk 2077 Grieving Thread -

Ruin

Mercenary Slut
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
we've tried to pull off as much as we could on all the fronts
Wut. The main quest is less than ten hours long, a third of the map is blatantly unfinished complete with unfinished navmeshing and most of the side quests are Ubisoft tier go and kill ten baddies type stuff and this polenigger is actually claiming their biggest problem was that they were 'too ambitious."

:story:

ZMOT

wat
kiwifarms.net
The lead quest designer for Cyberpunk 2077 had a breakdown while streaming:
View attachment 2126536

so fucking what, no one cares how much you wanted to do if you still fucking failed.
"oh noes I tried really hard not to shit myself and spray if all over the livingroom, that makes it ok, right?"

Wut. The main quest is less than ten hours long, a third of the map is blatantly unfinished complete with unfinished navmeshing and most of the side quests are Ubisoft tier go and kill ten baddies type stuff and this polenigger is actually claiming their biggest problem was that they were 'too ambitious."

this.

Last edited:

ZMOT

wat
kiwifarms.net
Anyone played this on the ps4 recently? I don't know how long I should wait until I bite the bullet on this. Certainly the price looks too high at the moment.

is it even back on the store? I'd assume by now there should be plenty of copies in the bargain bin, if it getting booted of the store didn't turn it into some weird collector's item.
pc version's probably cheaper anyway outside the fire sales.

Begemot

This is a land of wolves now.....
kiwifarms.net
is it even back on the store? I'd assume by now there should be plenty of copies in the bargain bin, if it getting booted of the store didn't turn it into some weird collector's item.
pc version's probably cheaper anyway outside the fire sales.
The ps4 version I'm seeing as being sold in the $50-60 AUD range. Dunno if I want to play it THAT much.

SiccDicc

The Defenestrator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

Biggest problem was management being a douchebag and having them scrap everything they had worked on to make some kind of GTA killer. The people they hired to replace the original Witcher 3 team notwithstanding. Not that I mean to defend Digital Scapes and their ilk, but honestly... I doubt even an experienced team would be particularly passionate after making a demo that actually made people crap their pants in excitement and having to scrap it because of a power trip from an egotistical prick who wanted to challenge GTA.

Drain Todger

Unhinged Doomsayer
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

The map is pretty ridiculously detailed, if a little walled-off in places. I think one of the main problems with this game was that they went for non-linearity when it wasn't necessary at all. There is nothing to do in the overworld. Nothing. It's dead. It could have just as easily been made as a wholly linear RPG with a linear progression from one map to the next, like Deus Ex, and it would not have suffered for it, at all. In fact, it would have enabled them to focus their work better and plan the scenario in such a way that there was immediacy and urgency to the protagonist's plight. Instead, you wander around in side-quest hell forever, and they're all of extremely variable quality.

A few quests in Cyberpunk are jaw-droppingly awesome. The Hunt was one of the creepiest fucking quests I've ever played. That retro-style cartoon. The braindance sequences. The fucking cattle pens. What the fuck, man?

Unfortunately, not all of them are up to the same level of quality, just a handful of set-piece ones that feel almost like they could have been in-between missions in a linear goddamn game.

The pretense of being an "open world" game is totally false. The open world in this game is just a mission selector with horrible driving and teleporting cops. They spread themselves way too thin on this project. It's so obvious.

albert chan

Spanish women are the best.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Know better and don't give CDPR your money lol

pirate this literal shit and then double zero your drive to get the taste out
The unique problem is that in CP2077’s case, I’m not sure I know many people who torrent the game that actually finished it.

And this is also counting the fact that the game sold more than 10+ million units.

Puff

God of Chaos
kiwifarms.net
Picked this up for $0.00 and can say it is worth every penny (working from home on overtime and need to fill the hours somehow). Late March update.
It's not awful, but not great. A generic action game with damn good art assets. The hype killed this thing. That and maybe the early bugs.
I have to wonder if the devs have played something post 2005. The quests are shit. The difficulty curve is erratic. Leveling up doesn't feel like anything.
It's like the original Saint's Row, in the future, and really pretty. Not a bad game, but damn, so much wasted potential.

mookiemookmook

kiwifarms.net
The unique problem is that in CP2077’s case, I’m not sure I know many people who torrent the game that actually finished it.
I torrented it almost immediately once it was available. I played it for about maybe four hours. Even by then I knew it was a shity game. I had that thing on my computer for maybe a week before I uninstalled that abortion.

I mean, hell, I played death stranding for at least 2 weeks before I finally got sick of that thing and removed it for my computer.

Disc

I want my cringe New Years Announcement, dammit.
kiwifarms.net
It probably made a profit still. The rule is most likely that if it makes a profit, you get a bonus.

Chances are most of these managers did the best they could with the time they had - it was only the time they had was completely unrealistic. And the marketing guys sold 10 million of a shit game, so they'd obviously get a bonus too.

Of course, this does give all these managers incentive to cash out and run now...

Puff

God of Chaos
kiwifarms.net
What's with all of the needless cursing and modern slang that'll be defunct in 5 years? It's like it was written by me at 20 while drunk.
Oh and they locked the F key in controls for some unknown reason so I can't use my far superior ESDF movement controls. And the healing item key defaults to the unusable "x" key.