Cyberpunk 2077 Grieving Thread -

• There is a bug with the post editor. Images pasted from other websites from your clipboard will automatically use the [img] tag instead of uploading a copy as an attachment. Please manually save the image, upload it to the site, and then insert it as a thumbnail instead if you experience this.

The [img] should essentially never be used outside of chat. It does not save disk space on the server because we use an image proxy to protect your IP address and to ensure people do not rely on bad third party services like Imgur for image hosting. I hope to have a fix from XF soon. I REALLY WISH THEY'D HOTFIX THIS SO I CAN REMOVE THIS NOTICE.

Dr. Pasquale

Harvard PhD
kiwifarms.net
Can a considerate kiwi explain to me, a pleb that loves the original tabletop and is only familiar with the commom shitshows associated with this game, why the plot is so bad?

I have my usual reviewers I go to when a game comes out and while majority of them talked very poorly about the overall game quality, the plot and characters seemed to be the thing they agreed was "good".

ShoFuKan

Still butt monkey to Enigmatic Gale.
kiwifarms.net
Can a considerate kiwi explain to me, a pleb that loves the original tabletop and is only familiar with the commom shitshows associated with this game, why the plot is so bad?
It's basically a rip off of Neuromancer. Copying the first two paragraphs from Wikipedia.

Henry Dorsett Case is a low-level hustler in the dystopian underworld of Chiba City, Japan. Once a talented computer hacker and "console cowboy", Case was caught stealing from his employer. As punishment, Case's central nervous system was damaged, leaving him unable to access the virtual reality dataspace called the "matrix". Case is approached by Molly Millions, an augmented "razorgirl" and mercenary on behalf of a shadowy US ex-military officer named Armitage, who offers to cure Case for his services as a hacker. Case agrees, and his nervous system is repaired, though sacs of poison are placed in his blood vessels. Armitage promises the sacs will be removed upon completing his work.
Armitage has Case and Molly steal a ROM module that contains the saved consciousness of one of Case's mentors, legendary cyber-cowboy McCoy Pauley.

Re-written for Cyberpunk.

"V" is a Streetrat/Corpo/Nomad living in the dystopian coprerate city of Night City, California. Once a talented mercenary but forced to start over, "V" teams up with Jackie Wells, who spend time together earning a reputation until they're approached by Dexter Deshawn. Dexter offers them the chance of being somebody in Night City for stealing an Arasaka chip that grants Immortality. "V" agrees but the job goes sideways. Jackie dies, they're forced to implant the damaged chip inside themselves and then Dex screw them over. They then wake up with the legendary rocker troubler maker Johnny Silverhand standing over them, as his consciousness had been saved somehow on the chip, but "V" later learns that said chip will eventually kill them.

As for characters, they're kind of all over the place. No themes for any of them and kinda forgettable.

Megatardingo

Le lava cola u mad
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
b4926a.png

Can't believe they got away with such bold marketing

TVStactic

kiwifarms.net
Romero tried as well and failed. At least Daikatana had interesting weapons.
yeah and it made sense too.
with the fixed game it's quite interesting to look at, like a trainwreck going slow mo.
I understand that cyberpunk is a turd, but I'm building myself a PC and having only experienced cyberpunk on console I'd like to see how polished this turn can really get. What mods did you guys use to make it less shit?
a polished turd IS STILL A TURD.

Sskarm

kiwifarms.net
Multiplayer never.
Story DLC never.
Game updates never.
Special edition never.
Its just going to be a continuous bug fixing patch every 5 months that fixes some stuff and in turn causes even more problems, what went so fucking wrong? Was it the diversity hirings? The misleading previews? The lying reviews? A mix off all of them?

James Roancrest

kiwifarms.net
Multiplayer never.
Story DLC never.
Game updates never.
Special edition never.
Its just going to be a continuous bug fixing patch every 5 months that fixes some stuff and in turn causes even more problems, what went so fucking wrong? Was it the diversity hirings? The misleading previews? The lying reviews? A mix off all of them?
I think a big problem was scope creep. Too many features, not enough time, people, or money to pull them off.

ZMOT

wat
kiwifarms.net
I think a big problem was scope creep. Too many features, not enough time, people, or money to pull them off.
didn't help that they apparently restarted development at least once, twice depending how much they had to bend stuff around to make it fit for big wholesome chungus keanu.
they still could've put in most of the shit they lied about in the trailer (like npcs having their own schedule, for example it doesn't have to mean you can follow one around the whole day, just that they react logically to certain stuff and have a schedule, which is much easier to do in code), not many would care and just go "eh, close enough". it's just that they missed so hard it was impossible to not notice.

im playing gamedec, its disco elyseum in a cyberpunk setting

how the fuck cdpr botched this game so badly
I'm playing watch dogs right now and driving around at night with synthwave on the radio already feels more cyberpunk...