Cyberpunk 2077 -

c-no

Duck
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Since E3 gave us new info on Cyberpunk 2077, I decided to make this thread so we can all talk about it before and after the game is released. Any thoughts Kiwis? Will it be good or will it be shit? We all know that we got things like the ability to customize our character, drive vehicles in first and third person, and first person on foot rather than third person like the Witcher series.

Also, the game managed to attract some salt over an interview with the dev.

Sperging over not augmentations not being seen as a good thing.
https://twitter.com/1aprildaniels/status/1008170443855966208

Wary over the game because of one quote from the devs.
https://twitter.com/queer_queenie/status/1007755654142939138

Because the dev makes an instance in a game where augmentations could be looked down on in society, it must mean this game will be sexist and not understand cyberpunk despite being based on a tabletop game.

Okkervils

Get your flu shot.
Supervisor
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I'm anxious about the game. I really enjoyed the first trailer but the second one kinda gave off a GTA vibe that I wasn't expecting. The trailers contrasted so dramatically... It makes me worry they aren't sure which direction to go.

I really hope it's good. I think it'll either be a hit or terrible, no in-between.

LazarusOwenhart

Terrainist Shitlord!
kiwifarms.net
I usually try and avoid getting hyped from trailers and wait for actual reviews before buying a game but I will admit there's a small part of me that is begging for this to be amazing so I can justify the epic gaming hard-on I have for it. I didn't really enjoy the Witcher games all that much but I appreciate and admire the level of detail and care that the devs put into making them. If anybody can make a decent open world Cyberpunk games it's them.

MeatRokket08

Kain is deified...
kiwifarms.net
I'm anxious about the game. I really enjoyed the first trailer but the second one kinda gave off a GTA vibe that I wasn't expecting. The trailers contrasted so dramatically... It makes me worry they aren't sure which direction to go.

I really hope it's good. I think it'll either be a hit or terrible, no in-between.
From what game (((journalists))) are saying, the demo behind closed doors gives off an incredible amount of detail, just like that in the second trailer (which is why it was shown in daylight, because there's just so much to absorb)

Arkangel

Computer Science and Computer Violence
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Considering CD Projekt Red's track record with the Witcher games, I have reasonable hopes that this game will turn out pretty good.

I'm pretty sure this game is going to ignite a lot of bantering about the analogues between human augmentation and transgenderism and I hope the developers keep to their vision for the game and don't get forced to kowtow to angry tumblr-haired freaks.

OhGoy

shit demon
kiwifarms.net
I'm pretty sure this game is going to ignite a lot of bantering about the analogues between human augmentation and transgenderism and I hope the developers keep to their vision for the game and don't get forced to kowtow to angry tumblr-haired freaks.
bro, they're from mother-fucking poland

I have a few doubts about this game, but the one thing that I'm sure of is that CD Projekt Red will not bow down and pander to progressives.

Last edited:

millais

The Yellow Rose of Victoria, Texas
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Are they still planning to heavily incorporate international language dialogue into NPC lines and quests? I'm willing to test my foreign language skills and forgo purchasing the translation modules they were going to include for mono-lingual players, but it sounded like one of the more unpopular design choices when they first started teasing information on the game

Oddjob OTP

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Wary over the game because of one quote from the devs.
https://twitter.com/queer_queenie/status/1007755654142939138

Because the dev makes an instance in a game where augmentations could be looked down on in society, it must mean this game will be sexist and not understand cyberpunk despite being based on a tabletop game.
She's actually just pissy because if you take the dev's words and force them into a different context you can construe them as being critical of gender reassignment surgery/piercings/tats/ dumb snowflake modifications like Zoe Quinn's magnet.

twittercrap.png

Although she also makes the argument that "sanctity of the human body isn't one of the main themes of cyberpunk" which I guess is true enough because very few Cyberpunk authors explicitly make value judgments about it. However, one of the main themes of cyberpunk is the question "At what point of modification does one cease being human?" and Cyberpunk 20XX and Shadowrun have had the position that cybernetic modification is not good for your mental well being and at some point you cease to be human in any real sense.

(If you want to be more cynical about it, it's a gameplay mechanic to balance otherwise how good cybernetic modifications are. In Shadowrun for example cybernetic modifications directly reduce your ability to wield magic. But the loss of humanity is tied into lore so whatever)

So this is really just a case of someone who doesn't know about the source material looking at popular thing for some reason to become triggered.

Anyway, I've never actually finished a Witcher game but I'd still like this to be a good game because I love me some cyberpunk.

c-no

Duck
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
She's actually just pissy because if you take the dev's words and force them into a different context you can construe them as being critical of gender reassignment surgery/piercings/tats/ dumb snowflake modifications like Zoe Quinn's magnet.

View attachment 476323

Although she also makes the argument that "sanctity of the human body isn't one of the main themes of cyberpunk" which I guess is true enough because very few Cyberpunk authors explicitly make value judgments about it. However, one of the main themes of cyberpunk is the question "At what point of modification does one cease being human?" and Cyberpunk 20XX and Shadowrun have had the position that cybernetic modification is not good for your mental well being and at some point you cease to be human in any real sense.

(If you want to be more cynical about it, it's a gameplay mechanic to balance otherwise how good cybernetic modifications are. In Shadowrun for example cybernetic modifications directly reduce your ability to wield magic. But the loss of humanity is tied into lore so whatever)

So this is really just a case of someone who doesn't know about the source material looking at popular thing for some reason to become triggered.

Anyway, I've never actually finished a Witcher game but I'd still like this to be a good game because I love me some cyberpunk.
That is something these spergs wouldn't know about. Source material based off a tabletop would make cybernetics cost you something, like with essence in Shadowrun which was more or less your characters "humanity". The nuance of "at what point will my robo arm not make me human" flies over them when they get too focused on thinking this could be sexist because "the robot lady is unclean and impure because of her robotic body parts". I posted this in the Myers thread and I'll leave it here as well: the idiocy of a man's tweets over augmentations on a woman.

IMG_20180618_084857.jpg
IMG_20180618_084905.jpg
IMG_20180618_084919.jpg

Libtard Baby

The Codex of Ultimate Wisdom???
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
That is something these spergs wouldn't know about. Source material based off a tabletop would make cybernetics cost you something, like with essence in Shadowrun which was more or less your characters "humanity". The nuance of "at what point will my robo arm not make me human" flies over them when they get too focused on thinking this could be sexist because "the robot lady is unclean and impure because of her robotic body parts". I posted this in the Myers thread and I'll leave it here as well: the idiocy of a man's tweets over augmentations on a woman.

View attachment 476350 View attachment 476351 View attachment 476352
None of this shit is even funny anymore. I'm so sick of this asinine nonsense.

Why did you have to bring up Twitter spergs, why can't we just videogame. (:_(

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino