Cyberpunk 2077 -

Tor Lugosi

The Holy One of Israel
kiwifarms.net
Video games are kind of a waste of time, so it's okay to drop them as a hobby. There's nothing intristically wrong with playing them, but it should be a last resort assuming you've got no other means or desires to better yourself in other facets of life (and not a virtual one). I may sound like a cunt, but I just don't like seeing people's potential shot down because they put too much stock into electronic media.

If you've already gone to work, finished your studying (New skill, language, instrument,etc.), spent time with family/friends/community, etc, and ifs raining outside, then there's nothing wrong with cracking open a beer and CASUALLY playing a video game. Trust me man, getting disappointed over the complete state of affair that are modern video games is waste of time.

Tldr- video games are dead
And remember to wash your penis and clean your room.

moocow

Moo.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I've given up on buying games early. For triple AAA games especially, I try to wait a week after release to get it that way I can see reviews and gameplay footage.
I pre-ordered it a long time ago because I loved the setting, table top, And CDR weren't shit bags. $60 isn't exactly a whole lot to me so I didn't really think twice about it. But yea, not going to reward mediocrity.
I never pre-order games anymore no matter who the developer is, with one exception:

Egosoft. Their X series has produced some of the most incredible space sims out there. Every new game they release is a hot buggy mess on release, and it takes them a good year or so to really smooth things out, but they're *so* good once that happens and there's nothing else out there like them. Plus they stick with their games and support them for ages (they kept releasing patches for X3: Terran Conflict and X3: Albion Prelude even after they released the followup X Rebirth), and they actually listen to player feedback. Yes, X Rebirth kinda sucked but they took everyone's thoughts to heart and came back with the much better X4 Foundations, even giving away the first DLC away for free as a kind of "apology" for X Rebirth.

Admittedly I've always had a soft spot for the company ever since the company director wrote a letter to Youtube on my behalf, telling them to fuck off with their constant copyright claims and demonetizations against my X-related videos because he was personally, on his authority as director, granting me express written consent to use their games and music in my videos (and to monetize them). That's how much they care about their players. They absolutely deserve all the support they can get.

But nobody else in the industry has ever earned that kind of respect and support from me. There's really no reason to pre-order anything anymore unless you want to support the developer themselves. Just pre-ordering based on hype is a mistake.

Looney Troons

DRINK?
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Video games are kind of a waste of time, so it's okay to drop them as a hobby. There's nothing intristically wrong with playing them, but it should be a last resort assuming you've got no other means or desires to better yourself in other facets of life (and not a virtual one). I may sound like a cunt, but I just don't like seeing people's potential shot down because they put too much stock into electronic media.

If you've already gone to work, finished your studying (New skill, language, instrument,etc.), spent time with family/friends/community, etc, and ifs raining outside, then there's nothing wrong with cracking open a beer and CASUALLY playing a video game. Trust me man, getting disappointed over the complete state of affair that are modern video games is waste of time.

I think the most important thing to do while video gaming is to curb your expectations of the experience you want to have. I look back at the late 90s and early 2000s very fondly, Starsiege: Tribes, Q3A, UT99, etc. Those games were incredibly fresh for the period of time they were released. By now, I’ve played clones of each one of those games 100 times over and realize that I will never experience the same magic I had 20 years ago. Cyberpunk 2077 et al are just games we’ve played in the past with a new coat of paint and different set dressings.

robobobo

kiwifarms.net
The demo didn't look like an utter shitshow, just not the messiah that a lot of people are hoping for. Which can be blamed mostly on CDPR letting the hype get out of hand, they definitely seem to be pulling a No Man's Sky and not putting the brakes on the hype train. That'll do great for their initial sales, but everything that doesn't deliver in the final product is going to hurt their reputation going forward.

Ginger Piglet

Burglar of Jess Phillips MP
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Had a look at the footage. It's on an Xbone mostly. That's last generation. I suspect they downgraded the console versions hard for that very reason and that's also probably why the delay is (the word is that they couldn't make it work properly on PS4 and couldn't just delay that version because contractual obligations). I also suspect that there will be a lot of floaty wig bugs and right angle running bugs but given that you have to zoom in or look super closely to see them, is it really that big a deal?

With regard to lack of random NPCs, they also seem to have removed a number of "ambient" NPCs from Xbone as opposed to XSX - have a look at the footage in the bar. It flicks from Xbone to XSX and in doing so some additional NPCs appear notably a girl in a glowy dress.

Actually, can anyone point to how Witcher 3 was full of bugs with evidenced examples? I got W3 on launch and it was utterly stable in every way. On PC at least.

The demo didn't look like an utter shitshow, just not the messiah that a lot of people are hoping for. Which can be blamed mostly on CDPR letting the hype get out of hand, they definitely seem to be pulling a No Man's Sky and not putting the brakes on the hype train. That'll do great for their initial sales, but everything that doesn't deliver in the final product is going to hurt their reputation going forward.

This is why the game will disappoint. The hype at this stage is so much that like I said before, even if the game gives you a blowjob while you're installing it, people will be salty that it didn't do DVDA double spitroast with downhill skiing. Also, let's be honest. Witcher 3 was always going to be a tough act to follow.

I'm still optimistic that it'll be really good. On PC anyhow. However, I'm fully prepared that if it turns out to be a trashfire to the point at which I can't be arsed with it any more, I will happily eat humble pie. And post the recipe on here.

Marissa Moira

kiwifarms.net

"You sound like a fag"- Tsun Zu, The Art of the Deal

FunPosting101

Ebin posting only. No other posts allowed. :DDDD
kiwifarms.net
I'm not particularly bothered by the last gen console gameplay being jank and buggy as fuck because I'll be playing this on PC. That said, I do expect this game to have a fuckton of bugs in it, just like the Witcher 3 did, and I also fully expect it to be a good game despite those bugs, just like the Witcher 3 was.

Disc

Corruption in the CD-Rom
kiwifarms.net
Had a look at the footage. It's on an Xbone mostly. That's last generation. I suspect they downgraded the console versions hard for that very reason and that's also probably why the delay is (the word is that they couldn't make it work properly on PS4 and couldn't just delay that version because contractual obligations). I also suspect that there will be a lot of floaty wig bugs and right angle running bugs but given that you have to zoom in or look super closely to see them, is it really that big a deal?
That's a heavily edited segment switching between two different consoles and skipping enough parts that you have little-to-no idea what's going on, being used as advertising footage.

Expecting that's not relatively close to a 'best case scenario' is unlikely at best.

Win98SE

kiwifarms.net
I think AAA games are dead for the most part. Too much money in the mix to take any kind of leap mechanically when you can combine your average Ubisoft collect-a-thon with established gameplay from the last 3 GTA games and probably be fine. Why risk failure reaching for greatness when there's money in being average?

At this point I'm probably more excited for my Nth playthrough of Deus Ex or STALKER than this. Release day is gonna be a blood bath.

Johan Hulth

kiwifarms.net
"Guys it'll be fine on PC r-right..? I have an RTX card!!" I'm as much of a PC masteracer as anyone, but fuck me if this isn't cope. When has an unmodded game ever been night and day different on eventual PC release? Even without lazy porting, you think the console CEOs would allow PC graphics and animation to rise head and shoulders above their shiny new products in prime NewBox5 buying season? CDPR artists don't want to relight the whole game for chunky PC hardware, they want to go home and get drunk at Christmas like everyone else. The game journos don't want to have to actually replay and reconsider, they need to spend time simping for wokepats on Twitter. No one who matters benefits financially, or morally, from a truly next gen version.

Honestly happy to be proven wrong on this, just to see console tards seethe, but severely doubt that would be allowed to happen. As someone with only a glancing interest in this game it looks more than a day late, and several dollars short. It may very well just be a victim of overhype, and eight or nine years ago I would've been psyched for GTA with COD gunplay. If that makes you happy then rate me special and enjoy your game. I just find it funny that there are million dollar interests riding on this game and it looks generic as fuck.

Ruin

Mercenary Slut
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
"Guys it'll be fine on PC r-right..? I have an RTX card!!" I'm as much of a PC masteracer as anyone, but fuck me if this isn't cope. When has an unmodded game ever been night and day different on eventual PC release? Even without lazy porting, you think the console CEOs would allow PC graphics and animation to rise head and shoulders above their shiny new products in prime NewBox5 buying season? CDPR artists don't want to relight the whole game for chunky PC hardware, they want to go home and get drunk at Christmas like everyone else. The game journos don't want to have to actually replay and reconsider, they need to spend time simping for wokepats on Twitter. No one who matters benefits financially, or morally, from a truly next gen version.

Honestly happy to be proven wrong on this, just to see console tards seethe, but severely doubt that would be allowed to happen. As someone with only a glancing interest in this game it looks more than a day late, and several dollars short. It may very well just be a victim of overhype, and eight or nine years ago I would've been psyched for GTA with COD gunplay. If that makes you happy then rate me special and enjoy your game. I just find it funny that there are million dollar interests riding on this game and it looks generic as fuck.

That's not strictly true. TW3 has a npc density slider that adds back in the background npcs which were disabled for performance reasons on console. having played both versions I can say with authority that the npc and flora sliders on the PC version add hugely to the atmosphere and the PC version is far superior if you're looking for immersion.

I suspect CP2077 with be largely the same judging by the Xbox gameplay stream. It looks like lots of things were disabled for performance sake compared to earlier PC footage.

Keystone

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
And we thought TLOU2 was going to be the biggest gaming cluster fuck of 2020
I'd argue it still will be. As fun as Shazam shitposts are, nothing beats the memes Last of Us 2 inspired. Also the fact that a [Current Year] woke fest got curb stomped and totally overshadowed by Ghosts of Tsushima barely a few weeks later is still smuckle worthy.

Dom Cruise

kiwifarms.net
infinite was mismanaged to hell and back, there's a reason levine was canned right after release and the studio shuttered (to the point he literally grabbed the ball and went home so no one else could have his daughterfu).
Well yeah, obviously, I'm still very bitter that we never got a Bioshock Infinite that lived up to its potential.

Tags
None