Cyberpunk 2077 -

FunPosting101

Ebin posting only. No other posts allowed. :DDDD
kiwifarms.net
Guys it'll be fine on PC eventually, due to patches.
<Rest of autistic rant removed.>
Fixed. Witcher 3 was a goddamn mess on launch, and the console version probably still has issues if I had to guess, but the PC version has been largely fixed and only a few minor issues remain. I see no reason to expect anything different with Cyberpunk 2077.

XenomorphThot

kiwifarms.net
I tend to approach most game releases blind because I don’t believe in getting excited for tech demos and heavily edited footage that is unlikely to represent the final product. That being said, reading the doomposting here about CP2077 has been quite sobering and a refreshing change from the baseless social media hype. I’m starting to view fanboys the same way as Star Citizen supporters, with the difference being that Cyberpunk will actually be released this decade.

There are altogether too few games set in a proper cyberpunk world so I’ll still play it, but my expectations have been adequately tempered. I foresee a lot of disappointment and even more angry social media posts in the wake of its release however.
The doom and gloom shitposting here is just as annoying as the hype shitposting is everywhere else, because people are just so fucking incapable of managing their expectations on both sides. One side just skews optimistic (the hype train) and the other pessimistic (the doom posters), but both groups expect/ed this game to be the next coming of jesus with bonus side of free blowjobs for everyone and maybe a massage, when the reality is just that it's going to be just a fucking video game. That's it. And nobody will know how good or bad the sum of its parts is going to be until they play it through, or watch someone else play it through.

Ginger Piglet

Burglar of Jess Phillips MP
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
But more importantly...

Can we fuck him?

Probably not. He is after all a brain with an Arasaka full body prosthesis. He therefore probably doesn't have any genitals or orifices at all.

I suspect that he's the other half of the secret of immortality. His is a brain that can cope with full body prosthesis without succumbing to cyber psychosis. Johnny Silverhand's mind has been uploaded to a chip. Adam Smasher's is the body that can live forever (so long as someone can change his oil every 50,000 miles) and Johnny is on the mind that can live forever (so long as he doesn't go near any strong magnets.) And the only person with the motive, means, and opportunity for both of these is Saburo Arasaka, who owns both Adam Smasher and the mind uploading chip, and is rapidly dying of old age even with all his cyberware.

WinchesterPremium

Molṑn lolí
kiwifarms.net
Probably not. He is after all a brain with an Arasaka full body prosthesis. He therefore probably doesn't have any genitals or orifices at all.

I suspect that he's the other half of the secret of immortality. His is a brain that can cope with full body prosthesis without succumbing to cyber psychosis. Johnny Silverhand's mind has been uploaded to a chip. Adam Smasher's is the body that can live forever (so long as someone can change his oil every 50,000 miles) and Johnny is on the mind that can live forever (so long as he doesn't go near any strong magnets.) And the only person with the motive, means, and opportunity for both of these is Saburo Arasaka, who owns both Adam Smasher and the mind uploading chip, and is rapidly dying of old age even with all his cyberware.

In Red and presumably 2020 the original intent was to get people into cloned bodies, which they're capable of making but not giving personality yet. It'd make sense for them to just switch to robots if they could get a cyberbrain worked out.

MRMUZZRAT SAUDIKILLER

Virginity soap 2000
kiwifarms.net
This makes me wonder What's the deal with table top games getting adapted always ending up in disaster (VTM:bloodlines having huge chunks of Its content cut and being a buggy mess on launch

• Thunk-Provoking
Reactions: Dom Cruise

albert chan

I am a beautiful dark twisted kiwi
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

I'm still waiting on some fucking 60 fps footage.

This trailer looks like something for a movie rather than a video game, which seems pretty strange for something that keeps getting delayed for months on end.

It also reminds me of the Deus Ex games for the X360 and PS4. Not sure what Keanu Reeves can do or how this doesn’t make you want to watch Lee Majors in “The Million Dollar Man”, but I really hope on Dec. 10th that it’s worth it.

Reactions: Jeffrey Epstein

Nahash

kiwifarms.net
From IGN's preview

One last thing that should be noted is that seeing this game in action for myself makes me glad CDPR opted for another delay (as much as it sucks that this peek only whet my appetite for more). I played through a streaming service with the host system running it on a PC with an RTX 3080 GPU, and while it ran buttery smooth performance-wise, there were a ton of bugs. Of course, the version I played is still in development, and the extra time from its latest delay was likely taken to make sure the issues I saw aren’t there at launch, but I had moments where my UI disappeared entirely, important mission dialogue didn’t play, map waypoints wouldn’t work properly, and plenty more. CDPR is obviously aware of these issues, so here’s hoping the extra time it’s taken will be enough to snuff them out.

Even still, I came away from my 16 hours with Cyberpunk 2077 hungry for more, and with the sense that it had certainly had more to feed that hunger. It’s rad as hell, a gorgeous world that you could get absolutely lost inside of in precisely the manner you choose to do so. It’s certainly not without its rough edges, especially when it comes to its menus, but those blemishes didn’t do much to stop what it does well from shining brightly. Even after two full days I feel like I’ve only barely started to see what’s here, and it only got more exciting the deeper I went.

Dom Cruise

kiwifarms.net
This makes me wonder What's the deal with table top games getting adapted always ending up in disaster (VTM:bloodlines having huge chunks of Its content cut and being a buggy mess on launch
It may be simply a matter of biting off more than you can chew, a tabletop game gives developers a huge amount of material to work with and I see why ambition may quickly outstrip their actual ability.

Ruin

Mercenary Slut
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
It may be simply a matter of biting off more than you can chew, a tabletop game gives developers a huge amount of material to work with and I see why ambition may quickly outstrip their actual ability.

It's because with Tabletop games you use your imagination and to quote Todd Chavez "Imagination is limitless!"

Coding and implementation is not limitless, of course a lot of shit is going to be left out.

Tags
None