Cyberpunk 2077 -

Dom Cruise

kiwifarms.net
There are plenty that work out well. Boulder's Gate, Fallout (it was originally GURPS), all the Battle Tech, Warhammer, etc.
You'll notice what those have in common and that's they are either adapting less character driven games like BattleTech and Warhammer (where it's more about your hardware than your character) or they have more established characters like Baldur's Gate.

RPGs like Vampire and Cyberpunk that are more about creating your own specific character and how that character influences the world around them are a lot more complex than some games.

Reactions: GloJojo

Love_Machine011

And Enoch walked with God...
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I'm still not even sure exactly what 2077 is. I keep watching these trailers, but we still haven't been shown real minute to minute gameplay. I keep just seeing action scenes or dialogue of people talking in some sort of quest specific building.

Disc

Corruption in the CD-Rom
kiwifarms.net

I'm still waiting on some fucking 60 fps footage.
1605828405517.png

1605828453774.png

MRMUZZRAT SAUDIKILLER

Virginity soap 2000
kiwifarms.net
I'm still not even sure exactly what 2077 is. I keep watching these trailers, but we still haven't been shown real minute to minute gameplay. I keep just seeing action scenes or dialogue of people talking in some sort of quest specific building.
I f iam correct its about some immortality chip that everyone is going after probably guessing the key to getting it is gonna be from keanu reeves character

WinchesterPremium

Molṑn lolí
kiwifarms.net

Its going to be action scenes broken up by dialogue of people talking in some sort of quest specific building.

Friend computer

Good day citizen, what can I help you with?
kiwifarms.net
At this point I think the combat will be in only QTEs, and the dialogue will be in some kind of VN type thing...

But agreed, the only thing they have released is heavily railroad sections.

Which is dumb if they are aiming for some kind of GTA style game.

ZMOT

wat
kiwifarms.net
That would be a horrific let down for what they where hyping.

this. there is no way it will ever meet expectations, especially not in normie and "fan" headcanon. at best we gonna get an above average gta lite with hopefully not a retarded story (doubtful) that will be remembered for maybe it's charm or atmosphere (doubtful given what we've seen so far), not the cyperpunk star citizen everyone believes it to be.

MooseGump

Woah
kiwifarms.net
I wonder if it won't be similar to Deus Ex: Human Revolution. Just with one larger hub
That was my first thought waaaay back until they showed off the "gameplay" with the YOU CAN DO ANYTHING YOU WANT marketing. I lost any interest at that point since it seemed like a weird fakey sandbox sort of deal by giving you a lot of "options" but you would be locked to picking those, but in human revolution you can fuck with so many objects and skip segments

It makes me sadder that deus ex died for avengers if anything, but I can just replay the director's cut again

The_MmmBop_Gang

kiwifarms.net
I dunno guys the shit looks pretty cool, but what do I know I'm just some dumb faggot.

I'm optimistic this will be a really fun game with some jank, but their PR has definitely fucked the pooch. It looks like they nailed what I was hoping it'd be so we'll see where we're at in 20 days and if nothing else it'll be a fun time sink on the weekends, especially after biden locks us all down til the summer.
Incidentally, I'm really digging the ambient tracks and music we've heard thus far as well.

I guess I just like to appreciate all the little elements that bring a project like this together (so long as it isn't a broken disaster in the end).

Tags
None