Cyberpunk 2077 -

robobobo

kiwifarms.net

Activelo

kiwifarms.net
And someone has already started to livestream it, its been taken down but someone from /v/ was able to download it. Edit; I've got the 20 min video downloaded right now, and of course the leaker is black. Just like in the fallout 4 leaks.
4chan ain't impressed with the leaker.
Screenshot_1.png

Screenshot_2.png

Screenshot_3.png

Screenshot_4.png

Screenshot_5.png

Screenshot_7.png

Screenshot_8.png

Ginger Piglet

Burglar of Jess Phillips MP
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Reddit thread says this was on a standard PS4 and apparently looked fairly nice. Also some other links to Vimeo et al but they've all been pulled.

In other news, apparently it doesn't work with AMD's version of ray tracing on the Radeon 6800 and 6800XT. This is because Nvidia slipped CDPR vast payola consulted with CDPR on implementing ray tracing into the game. If you have managed to score a 6800XT you can probably still max it RTX off. Given that we know that the XSX and PS5 versions of the game are basically the PS4 and Xbone versions of it because they're all x86 based systems anyhow, but with a higher resolution and additional ambient NPCs thrown in, and run from the same discs (which is why they say it's a Xbone/PS4 game that "also runs on" PS5 and XSX), and that dedicated XSX and PS5 versions are coming next spring, and given that we know that AMD does the GPU in the new consoles which are based on Big Navi, I suspect that is when the PC version will get ray tracing for AMD cards.

But this is all moot anyhow because both RTX 3080 and Radeon 6800XT are vaporware right now. And consensus over on the hardware thread is that ray tracing is a meme.

Ginger Piglet

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
the release of this game has been a shitshow: the pc port is ready who knows how long and they were trying to fix the console ports. of course the shitty ps4 version is the first one to leak.
just release the fucking game on pc

As I've said before, they probably can't. They are probably under contract to release each platform's version at the same time. There are probably clauses in their contracts with Sony and Microsoft (and on Google Stadia, for the 10 people who have it) to not release on any other platform before that one, so if they pushed the PC version out earlier they would be sued to buggery.

Ginger Piglet

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
70GB sounds like a really small install size for an open world game.

250GB is a really bloated install size for a linear practically-on-rails by the numbers shooter (latest COD). Reminder that W3 was only 40GB. And modern data compression algorithms can get most things under 50% size. I myself question just how much a lot of developers don't take advantage of them.

ZMOT

wat
kiwifarms.net
As I've said before, they probably can't. They are probably under contract to release each platform's version at the same time. There are probably clauses in their contracts with Sony and Microsoft (and on Google Stadia, for the 10 people who have it) to not release on any other platform before that one, so if they pushed the PC version out earlier they would be sued to buggery.
a contract they were not forced to make. the whole delay apparently came from taking money from google to release at the same time as the rest, and not early 2021 as originally planned. wasn't the game even gold already?
which either means they are greedy retards or know what a shitshow it's gonna be and try to extract as much money out of it beforehand.

250GB is a really bloated install size for a linear practically-on-rails by the numbers shooter (latest COD). Reminder that W3 was only 40GB. And modern data compression algorithms can get most things under 50% size. I myself question just how much a lot of developers don't take advantage of them.
data compression needs cpu cycles and ram, wanna guess which platform has an issue with that? remember when respawn had you install all audio uncompressed in seven languages (with their excuse being "we are 'optimizing' down to core duos") taking 60 fucking gigabye? on pc it even comes compressed and they the installer extracts it.

in short devs are retarded and lazy.

case in point: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1454890/Titanfall/

Last edited:
except you can say what you want about ubisoft gameplay, technically and visually they deliver AAA quality - bugs notwithstanding. I mean...

and that was six years ago (I know it's a bit disingenuous considering what a shitshow it was at launch, but still, that's on a "last gen" console).

infinite was mismanaged to hell and back, there's a reason levine was canned right after release and the studio shuttered (to the point he literally grabbed the ball and went home so no one else could have his daughterfu). I just doubt CDPR made 2 and a half games in like 5 years and had to scramble to release something in the last 6 months.

CP2077 always sounded way too ambitious for them, and they were probably a bit high on their own farts considering how everyone was jerking themselves off over witcher 3 and their studio. which then made it attractive to a lot of shitters to drag development down even further, leading to the mediocre (but funny to watch) mess we gonna get.
I had really good luck that I had basically NO problems with Unity.

That crowd shows a real problem I have with more recent games they've put out, though. When they shat out Watch_Dogs 2 it felt really awkward for a bunch of reasons, and one of them was that there's hardly any pedrestrians, both in comparison to Watch_Dogs and in comparison to Unity. I don't know why they did this, but the foot traffic in San Francisco is pathetic and the world feels lifeless because of it.

Tags
None